Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool FC Refinancing deal

Read 4279 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Benitez press conference
      Reply #23: Jan 25, 2008 06:55:33 pm
      If you are taking a positive sign as resigning himself to the fact that these two beauts are still going to control the club then yes, it is positive.

I take the whole day as a huge negative which upsets me a lot.
      JD I agree with your sentiments,what concerns me is (if my reading of the situation is right ) out of the 350 million they have borrowed only 60 million was to get the new ground started.Does this mean they will need to borrow another 400million to complete the ground.also I notice they are now talking about 2011/12 as being ready for the new ground,with escalation the costs will be enormous and with the interest payable there will not be money available for new players.It is indeed a sad day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,637 posts | 6941 
      Re: Benitez press conference
      Reply #24: Jan 25, 2008 07:22:07 pm
      Well we certainly need to borrow more to complete the stadium, and probably pay off all of our interest too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool FC Refinancing deal
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2008 07:37:16 am
      Well we certainly need to borrow more to complete the stadium, and probably pay off all of our interest too.
      JD I have put on another thread that the refinance deal is only for an 18 month term.this was quoted by a B.B.C. reporter on B.B.C.Radio and Radio Merseyside,So in 18 months time we could be in a worse situation than now.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Jan 26, 2008 08:42:29 am
      Apparently they working on making funds available for Summer transfers. The interest and debt that will be under our name is going to me massive and when the new loan is made for 400 million +, we are going to fall deep into a money crisis unless they pull out some money of their own but that won happen ever.

Also i think they will see out the 18 month loan and sell so they dont have to refinance the debt. This sh*t frustrates me so bad.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2008 08:43:58 pm
      Apparently they working on making funds available for Summer transfers.

Summer transfers for a new manager, because if this squad ever needed strengthning in January, this is such a January...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2008 04:49:43 am
      Summer transfers for a new manager, because if this squad ever needed strengthning in January, this is such a January...

' We are sitting down with Rafa and talking of new summer signings already'

I dont buy into it, I am still positive that DIC will come in.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2008 07:40:20 am
      ' We are sitting down with Rafa and talking of new summer signings already'

I dont buy into it, I am still positive that DIC will come in.
      They would not  tell us lies= WOULD THEY.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2008 08:33:41 am
      They would not  tell us lies= WOULD THEY.

Haha, hush before i slap you Billy. :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Jan 28, 2008 08:38:40 am
      Haha, hush before I slap you Billy. :D
      Sorry mate fellow red ( how much grovelling do you want from me )I just couldnt resist with that answer to your post.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Jan 28, 2008 08:46:10 am
      ( how much grovelling do you want from me )

Sit there with a box of tissues and a tub of ice cream untill our next title.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,637 posts | 6941 
      Reply #33: Jan 29, 2008 05:59:57 pm
      Tony Barrett in the Echo - front page headline tonight.  (Pity they were about 4 days behind us on the forum)

Liverpool FC will pay £30m a year interest

LIVERPOOL Football Club will have to come up with around £30m a year to pay the interest on loans taken out by its American owners.

In an astonishing announcement that confirms the worst fears of many Reds fans, a spokesman for Tom Hicks admitted for the first time that the club will be responsible for servicing the £350m loan package.

The loan taken out with the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia was divided in two. with £105m being loaded onto the club’s book, and the remaining £245m going on to the books of Kop Holdings, the parent company set up by Hicks and George Gillett when they bought Liverpool last February.

But today’s bombshell news that it is the club, and not Hicks and Gillett, which will have to meet interest payments on both sections of the loan will put huge financial pressure on Liverpool to qualify for the lucrative Champions League every season.

A spokesman from Financial Dynamics, the City PR company representing Hicks, said: “The holding company debt is supported by the assets it acquired and should there ever be any shortfall in cash flow at the club or anywhere else in Kop in any given year, Kop’s ownership, under the terms of the financing package, is prepared to fund whatever is required.

“The debt is being handled exactly as it is handled at the vast majority of professional sports teams.”

John Mackin, of fans group Reclaim The Kop, admitted he now feared for the future of the club if Hicks and Gillett remain as owners.

He said: “We are looking at a level of debt, or the interest payments at the very least, which could sink the club if we have a couple of bad seasons.

“I’m just hoping that this admission by Hicks is part of an exit strategy which would allow him to sell the club because of the outrage this announcement will cause.

“A meeting has been called for Liverpool fans at the Sandon pub on Thursday night, and I’ve got no doubt that these interest payments will be one of the main talking points.”

Anfield sources today indicated that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry and life president David Moores would continue their opposition to the club having to make any interest payments on the acquisition debt.

But such opposition could ultimately lead to the pair being removed from the club’s board.

Liverpool FC writer Tony Barrett says . . .

THEY arrived at Anfield in a blaze of glory, claiming they would restore Liverpool Football Club to its former glory.

Insisting they would not mimic Malcolm Glazer at Manchester United by loading their club with debt, Tom Hicks and George Gillett made all the right noises and assured fans the club they love would be safe in their hands.

But today such grand promises seem all too hollow, following Hicks’ admission that Liverpool FC will have to come up with around £30m a year to meet interest payments on loans taken out by the club’s owners.

If former chirman David Moores was not already regretting selling up to the American duo, he certainly will be now.

So let's go over this again... pay attention you at the back of the class (or over the Irish sea)...

Hicks and Gillett 'borrowed' money to buy the club.
      Now they 'borrowed' money from a bank to build a stadium
      Liverpool FC have to pay back the loan
      Hicks and Gillett get to sell when it's all done.

NOT A SINGLE DIME OF THEIR OWN MONEY INVESTED IN OUR CLUB

Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies.

Let's get rid of these clowns before they bleed us dry.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #34: Jan 29, 2008 06:03:18 pm
      I feel physically sick every time I read this  :'(  :f_steam:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jan 29, 2008 06:16:37 pm
      Anfield sources today indicated that Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry and life president David Moores would continue their opposition to the club having to make any interest payments on the acquisition debt.

But such opposition could ultimately lead to the pair being removed from the club’s board.

Of course it will lead to their removal from the clubs board. The question is how long will they continue to oppose the interest payments? Not very long either way I'd say. I hope they are proud of what they've done.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2008 06:46:45 pm
      Something is definitly wrong here :f_steam:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jan 30, 2008 05:35:17 am
      F**k, F**k, F**k! bas**rds.

Thanks Rick and David. You two are top notch ;)

F***ing wankers.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 30, 2008 01:45:37 pm
      How do we afford all our credit´s??? O yea lets borrow more money for that............

Quick Reply