Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 18687 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: West Ham vs Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #230: Jan 30, 2008 10:32:20 pm
      We werent great, West Ham were, all credit to the Hammers for having a go

No they werent they got a penalty in the dying minutes.  ???
      Fowler23
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #231: Jan 30, 2008 10:32:37 pm
      Not achieved anything?

1.Champions League Winners
      2.Champions League Runners Up
      3.FA Cup Winners
      etc...

Arsenal finished 20 points behind the winners in the past 2 seasons.
      Did they win the CL? - No
      Was Wenger ever in doubt of losing his job? - No
      Were the fans turning against him ? - No

They stuck by him and you can see where they are now.Just like Man Utd did with Ferguson when he didnt win the league in his first 6-7 years.

I still believe that Rafa is capable of winning us the league,you clearly dont.That doesn't mean you forget what he has already achieved and what he deserves.

Look at his two trophies. Penalty shoot-outs. You can't get away with that in the league. He hasn't got the right mentality to go and consistently win games

With reference to Wenger, he was building a special team from scratch. That you could sense and he has. Rafa seems to be building one of the most mediocre teams I've seen since supporting Liverpool. The fact that we pray for Peter Crouch to come on and save us says it all for me with regards to our squad
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #232: Jan 30, 2008 10:34:52 pm
      Cant blame just one or two players because at the end of the day we have 11 players on that pitch who all have the ability to dominate and they showed that at the start of the season. ok we are well out of the league again but lets hold our heads up high and be positive about the fact we have a lower league team again in the fa cup and we are one of the best in champions league so lets save all the negativty for the end of the season when we see who has what trophies in their cabinets. United, arsenal or chelsea may end up with the league but we will have the other 2 and that is alot better than 1. lets just go and win europe for a 6th time.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #233: Jan 30, 2008 10:35:12 pm
      No they werent they got a penalty in the dying minutes.  ???

I think you'll find that considering their position they were better than us, they gave us no time on the ball, and Boa Morte could have scored twice.

Lucas missed a sitter and Alonso almost scored an own goal. We could have lost without the penalty.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #234: Jan 30, 2008 10:36:35 pm
      Look at his two trophies. Penalty shoot-outs. You can't get away with that in the league. He hasn't got the right mentality to go and consistently win games

With reference to Wenger, he was building a special team from scratch. That you could sense and he has. Rafa seems to be building one of the most mediocre teams I've seen since supporting Liverpool. The fact that we pray for Peter Crouch to come on and save us says it all for me with regards to our squad

As much as I want to disagree, I can't.  
      The league is the bread and butter and that's the trophy that counts
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #235: Jan 30, 2008 10:36:43 pm
      I think you'll find that considering their position they were better than us, they gave us no time on the ball, and Boa Morte could have scored twice.

Lucas missed a sitter and Alonso almost scored an own goal. We could have lost without the penalty.

We also could have won without it.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #236: Jan 30, 2008 10:37:36 pm
      i've been readng all the posts, and to be honest, i dont know what the F**k is going on here. you cant say that we dont have the players, cos we do.  sure, rafa does seem to have his favourites, especially kuyt and kewell, but we should still be doing much better than we are.  maybe some of the players are getting pissed off that he keeps picking playrs who are so obviously out of form.  as for pako, i honestly can't see him coming back, so where does that leave rafa.  taggart has queer ass, whinger has fat pat, who the F**k does rafa have???  the structure of the club from the top down can't be great if he doesn't even have an assistant.  surely slick rick should be doing somethin about that.  i know there has been a lot of sh*t about the yanks, but surely it cant all be down to that.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #237: Jan 30, 2008 10:37:50 pm
      Rafa hasn't the bottle to set an attacking stall out. He doesn't have THE BOTTLE. Phil Tompson would do better at this stage. Two of the more gifted players in the team are rotting on the bench while Rafa persists with his NONSENSICAL sh*t.

If you want BOTTLE - he is the ONLY one at the club, repeat, THE ONLY ONE at the club to stand up to that C U N T called Hicks... so you want genuine bottle - THAT'S F***ing BOTTLE pal.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #238: Jan 30, 2008 10:40:38 pm
      If you want BOTTLE - he is the ONLY one at the club, repeat, THE ONLY ONE at the club to stand up to that C U N T called Hicks... so you want genuine bottle - THAT'S F***ing BOTTLE pal.

Agreed
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #239: Jan 30, 2008 10:41:15 pm
      How many of these stumble bum mistakes is Jamie Carragher going to be allowed to make before people see that he needs to be brought to the knackers yard??

Listen pal, I'm beginning to think you aren't a real LFC supporter.

How dare you speak about a living Liverpool legend like he is a piece of sh*te - if you were here next to me I would slap you down BIG F UCKING TIME.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #240: Jan 30, 2008 10:41:40 pm
      We also could have won without it.

I doubt it.... It was 0-0 before the penalty, last minute and all. Where on earth were we going to get a goal.

Lets be honest here West Ham were simply better than us. Im not trying to be critical of Liverpool but Upson and Ferdinand were well on form.

Im with you ard mascha red, its not just the whole Yanks issue, there's more going on here and I'd wish some people would realise it.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #241: Jan 30, 2008 10:41:51 pm

Totallt agree mate, but your wasting your time posting that to him.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #242: Jan 30, 2008 10:42:13 pm
      Rafa keeps on saying, "... yeah we need to keep on working harder". I say NO, "he needs to work smarter with his tactics not HARDER with his negative tactics". He's too analytical to the extend of paralyzing our game. We looks more like Wimbledon of the old.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #243: Jan 30, 2008 10:42:20 pm

How dare you speak about a living Liverpool legend like he is a piece of sh*te - if you were here next to me I would slap you down BIG F UCKING TIME.

F***ing spot on.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #244: Jan 30, 2008 10:43:01 pm

No.. that's why he has won two La Liga title you dumb tw*t.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #245: Jan 30, 2008 10:43:38 pm

Are you unsatisfied with the players he has bought -Torres,Babel,Benayoun,Insua,Arbeloa,Mascherano,Reina ? I don't think so.
      Or, are you unhappy about the players that he has sold-Bellamy,Gonzalez,Cisse,Kirkland,Traore and many more ?

Compare the current team with the one in 2005 and then tell me he isn't looking to build a successful team.

Edit:Forgot Agger (one of his best buys imo)
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2008 10:46:58 pm by shikhark »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #246: Jan 30, 2008 10:44:20 pm
      Rafa keeps on saying, "... yeah we need to keep on working harder". I say NO, "he needs to work smarter with his tactics not HARDER with his negative tactics". He's too analytical to the extend of paralyzing our game. We looks more like Wimbledon of the old.

Wimbledon of old beat us... at Wembley ...and Anfield.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #247: Jan 30, 2008 10:44:35 pm

Thirded: im critical at time but im not a daft c##t
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #248: Jan 30, 2008 10:44:51 pm
      Keep that YNWA sh*te for another day, how about some cold hard reality. Carragher is shot. Rafa hasn't the balls to play football. But lets blame Hicks and have a sing-song instead.....

You're a disgrace!!! Just because someone else is trying to stay positive while everything around us seems to be falling down, there is no need to shoot them down. Come over to Anfield on Saturday and tell the people in The Kop to keep the YNWA sh*te to themselves. See how you get on eh.

You bang on and on about the new owners, saying that there is nothing we can do about it. Well there is nothing we can do about the players and manager either, other than getting behind them like we always have done in the past. It will be more of a help than a hindrance.

I think you picked the wrong side lad.

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #249: Jan 30, 2008 10:45:19 pm
      Are you unsatisfied with the players he has bought -Torres,Babel,Benayoun,Insua,Arbeloa,Mascherano,Reina ? I don't think so.
      Or, are you unhappy about the players that he has sold-Bellamy,Gonzalez,Cisse,Kirkland,Traore and many more ?

Compare the current team with the one in 2005 and then tell me he isn't looking to build a successful team.

There has been a big, big improvement since he first came in. He was left with a team that was full of deadwood.
      Messiah
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #250: Jan 30, 2008 10:46:16 pm
      Well don't get all arsey with me - for coming on this site and being downbeat after a defeat. You're a MOD aren't you!

Can anyone tell me what MOD means?  Sorry if I've missed something!

Anne ??? ???
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #251: Jan 30, 2008 10:46:41 pm
      How many of these stumble bum mistakes is Jamie Carragher going to be allowed to make before people see that he needs to be brought to the knackers yard??

What  ???  Are you really serious ?  Or are you just a wind up merchant ?  Jamie Carragher is arguably one or the best defender in Europe.  And thats not a biased comment, thats been stated by many professional footballer both past and present.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #252: Jan 30, 2008 10:46:58 pm

F***ing LMAO  :lmao:  :lmao:

Fight Fight Fight Fight   >:D

Quick Reply