Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Are We Just Being Made Fools Out Of By The Press?

Read 2405 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Are We Just Being Made Fools Out Of By The Press?
      Feb 25, 2008 11:10:50 pm
      This last week or so I have been doing alot of thinking over the proposed takeover by the DIC and I am starting to feel as if we are just being made to look like fools by the Press.

Im thinking this because since about the beginning of January there has been alot of talk about a takeover BUT all the news about it has either been in the papers or on aloadofw**k.com. I have seen articles written saying things along the lines of 'DIC are in liverpool for takeover talks', 'DIC expect to complete their takeover by the end of January', DIC expect to complete their takeover within 2 weeks (this was at start of Feb)' and 'DIC expect to complete their takeover of the club by the end of Feb'. The time of the takeover is constantly being extended and there has been no official statement from Dubai International Captital about a takeover. It has all been meer speculation so have the press just made the best fans in England look like total idiots???

I hope I am wrong but as time goes on I'm beginning to feel less and less confident about the DIC taking over. Until I hear or read an official statement from the DIC then I am not going to start getting my hopes up. (sorry to be so negative)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Are We Just Being Made Fools Out Of By The Press?
      Reply #1: Feb 25, 2008 11:40:27 pm
      I see exactly what you mean, i have yet to see any news of a takeover from a reliable source. I am hoping it does happen but true when you look at it all the places rumours have come from are not very reliable.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2008 07:24:47 am
       I would like to reverse the title of the thread and say ARE THE PRESS MAKING FOOLS OF THEMSELVES.We have had more crap from the press about our Club, Manager and team than any other club.The press would love our club to go down the gurgler but that will not happen,L.F.C. will prevail and the gutter press can take their SHI*TE elsewhere.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2008 07:40:42 am
      The best approach to the take-over talks is to ignore it until there has been a change of Baton. I'm not even gonna talk about the owners you know and the owners you dont know.
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2008 09:44:48 am
      I dont get the football press, they change moods like a woman with PMS. remember the chelsea crisis? There season was supposed to be over when jose left, now look at them, no even mentions this crisis, they didnt lose drogba in jan window, ( though he may go in summer), and a week ago they were the only big 4 club still active in the big four comps.  there is no talk of a crisis at chelsea any more is there?
      i dont believe there is a crisis at LFC, there has a been some games we didnt kill off, and we are run buy two incompetent fools, ( if we keep making our feelings none, this problem will resolve its self). but not a crisis, the media seem to almost want to see our beloved club go down in flames, and its the medias contstant ability to blow things out of proportion that makes things seem worse than they are, which in turn makes things worse! it's a big bloody circle.
      all I hope now is that we win #6 this year, then we will see where the crisis is at liverpool!

even out here in the land down under, our clubs situation and there football style gets slagged by the like of Craig Foster, the SBS analyst with a hard-on for the likes of barca, milan , arsenal and the mancs, whos playing carrer reached the dizzying heights of a three year stint at pompey and a free transfer to crystal palace. F**k you Fozz, you closet manc!
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008 09:53:04 am by sjkreds »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2008 09:48:37 am
      What amuses me is that even now the press say that Rafa can only manage in Europe like it's a disgrace.  Wenger and Ferguson should be mocked on a regular basis for their 'appalling' European records.
      Trev
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2008 10:25:52 am
      Good shout KIng Kenny lets wait and see what either the club or DIC have to say officially , the press love to stir it for us right now and this could be another dig
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Feb 26, 2008 12:26:31 pm
      What amuses me is that even now the press say that Rafa can only manage in Europe like it's a disgrace.  Wenger and Ferguson should be mocked on a regular basis for their 'appalling' European records.

Trouble is that the press see Europe as less important than the EPL. And they think that the EPL is in fact bigger than Europe, this has led in turn to FA execs thinking the same thing and trying to create the fiasco of oversees matches. Its just arrogance which will shoot back at them big style. The trouble is we are easy pickings for press speculation at the moment and they will not stop at anything to try to rock and unsettle the boat so that we fail in all aspects, yet if we do go and win the champs league again they will all be patting themselves on the back stating that they told the rest of Europe so and how great and clever they are, when in fact the large majority of the press are in form racists pigs in the way they treat Liverpool and anyone from Liverpool. In my opion its a form of racism when you get crap from Boris and that c**t Eamon FAT CUNTING BASTAD Holmes (whose wife I shagged last night btw and she loved it) just snorting and belittleing everything about Liverpool and the football club.

Most of them in that circle are of such little intelligence anyway with mediorce minds that cant create or report anything of consequence themselves but just plagerise(copy) what everyone else is saying. The other thing is that most of them think they talk a good game when in fact they have never coached or even played the F***ing game or even have any knowledge of how to run a football club. I take very little notice of anything written about us unless it is official from the club or the anicdotes of Paul Tomkins, some of which I dont agree with but he does try to write intelligent arguments and states his point very clearly. 
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #8: Feb 26, 2008 01:36:55 pm
      Trouble is that the press see Europe as less important than the EPL. And they think that the EPL is in fact bigger than Europe, this has led in turn to FA execs thinking the same thing and trying to create the fiasco of oversees matches. Its just arrogance which will shoot back at them big style. The trouble is we are easy pickings for press speculation at the moment and they will not stop at anything to try to rock and unsettle the boat so that we fail in all aspects, yet if we do go and win the champs league again they will all be patting themselves on the back stating that they told the rest of Europe so and how great and clever they are, when in fact the large majority of the press are in form racists pigs in the way they treat Liverpool and anyone from Liverpool. In my opion its a form of racism when you get crap from Boris and that c**t Eamon FAT CUNTING BASTAD Holmes (whose wife I shagged last night btw and she loved it) just snorting and belittleing everything about Liverpool and the football club.

Most of them in that circle are of such little intelligence anyway with mediorce minds that cant create or report anything of consequence themselves but just plagerise(copy) what everyone else is saying. The other thing is that most of them think they talk a good game when in fact they have never coached or even played the F***ing game or even have any knowledge of how to run a football club. I take very little notice of anything written about us unless it is official from the club or the anicdotes of Paul Tomkins, some of which I dont agree with but he does try to write intelligent arguments and states his point very clearly. 

Our problem is that, the trophy we want most, is the one we cant win. But the won we always look like winning is the one that the other epl clubs cant win. The media, being the cu*ts they are, love the irony in that.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Feb 26, 2008 03:10:11 pm
      Hicks: I Am Not Selling

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has insisted he is not planning to sell his stake in the club. 
      Hicks said in a statement: "Reports in the UK media that I am about to sell my stake in Liverpool Football Club, or to invite DIC to examine the club's books in preparation for such a sale - like other such reports planted in the UK press in recent weeks by parties with their own self-interested agenda - are absolutely and categorically false.

"The reality is that I am personally, professionally and financially committed to the club and its supporters, and that I will continue to honour that commitment to the best of my ability now and in the future." 
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #10: Feb 26, 2008 04:49:35 pm
      Tom Hicks plays mind games and you'll never know if he is being honest until he does something it's the same with our club he knows he's not wanted so he'll make us think he's staying right up to the day he sells his shares so lets just hope it wont be long...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Feb 27, 2008 01:45:11 am
      The stories tomorrow are going to be.

'Atletico line up Rafa'.

Every F***ing season.  Give up you useless journos'!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Feb 27, 2008 12:02:41 pm
      Yeah and yet again in sundays papers Gerrard to Madrid for £50mil fcuk off you useless gets get some new stories.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Feb 27, 2008 02:02:53 pm
      Why are we targets?

Why can't they just F***ing terrorize United for a while.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #14: Feb 27, 2008 03:21:42 pm
      Why are we targets?

Why can't they just F***ing terrorize United for a while.

I hate to say it but watched Sunday Supplement again this last Sunday...

The press boys definately have it in for us and Rafa, rounding on him again... even after beating Europe's in form team and our league bogey team in the last 7 days.

I get the feeling they want Maureen back on the scene soon, and LFC would be great place for that to happen... I even think some of them have Hicks' ear... feeding him sh*te about Rafa and the fasns ...and bad advise.

The press so badly want a guy in the league to give them contreversial sound-bites and Rafa will never do that...

All we can do is keep winning and guarantee that 4th spot that will keep Rafa his job... and the press at bay.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #15: Feb 27, 2008 07:27:25 pm
      I even think some of them have Hicks' ear... feeding him sh*te about Rafa and the fasns ...and bad advise.

Dunno about that one, I think you give the press boys a little too much credit there. They're just little sh*t-stirrers, looking for Ferguson-style soundbites to make their money.  :f_steam: It's pathetic really, though they will never have my sympathy! Like you say, we just need to do it on the field, then off the field will sort itself out.

That said, I know they'll never truly leave is alone for good, Liverpool stories sell too many papers - too many people are jealous that we are the greatest team in the world!  ;D

Quick Reply