Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We start new songs others copy, badly

Read 1411 times
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 154 posts |
      We start new songs others copy, badly
      Mar 04, 2008 11:29:50 pm
      Ok we sing to Ring of Fire, " we won it five times", what were the Arse and Mancs singing tonight, Arse " we lost it once", Mancs " we've lost it more times". Copying ultimate form of flattery. Guess they can't think of their own songs. Another great Anfield tradition, theres never been another clubs fans talked about in the same way. Celtic ru us close with YNWA but ti's still our song. I LOVE THIS CLUB
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: We start new songs others copy, badly
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2008 01:18:46 am
      i don't know if anyone has used it for there club or even ours yet but Ive always wanted to wright some lyrics to Chelsea daggers from the fratellis with the lyrics reworded to sing about how sh*t Chelsea are.
      i cant come up with anything yet so if anyone else wants to give it a shot go for it cos i think it would turn in to a great tune to chant out against them next time. its really catchy and its already got Chelsea in it, its a great way to take the piss out of 'em.  ;D

also if this needs to be moved to another thread, please do so. i couldnt find the chants or lyrics thread.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2011 10:29:23 pm
      I was thinking bout this last season... Im in South Africa and we get to see alot of EPL football over weekends. having followed LFC since seeing them on TV for the first time around 85-86, i know we have soem of the greatest supporters in the world and have enjoyed the different songs.

My question is, how does the Kop or any of the local LFC supporters react or feel when hearing their songs copied. Just an example is the Torres song...its being sung all over the league at almost every club. I can almost swear the Suarez song is already making rounds elsewhere. I dont know how many songs we have copied over the years, but perhaps somebody might shed some light on the implications amongst fans? Surely there must be some banter between fans when u hear your song stolen by a rival?

Would be interesting to note as an outsider :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2011 10:56:55 pm
      Bumpety bump bump!

Over 2 years, well done on the search engine.

Premiership Footy is full of 'stolen' songs. All clubs have recycled other clubs songs over the last century. As much as every club claims ingenuity in terrace verbal all are guilty of plagiarism but that's just another factor of Football that makes it so beautiful and keeps the banter going.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 18, 2011 05:32:40 am
      Chelsea's Torres chant is fantastic... They just don't seem to be getting the same kick out of him as we did. :)
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 18, 2011 07:04:19 pm
      Chelsea's Torres chant is fantastic... They just don't seem to be getting the same kick out of him as we did. :)

I dont think it was the song that really got "it" going( I would say he, but.......NO),
      I think our fans (we) are a different class of fan, so when "it" hears it now, I'am sure a little tear appears in "its" eye!!!!

Quick Reply