Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Could we still have a chance:

Yes - but must win every game
      (44%)
      No - Don Rafael is smoking his socks again
      (56%)

Could we still win the league?

Read 9254 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Could we still win the league?
      Mar 09, 2008 06:00:53 pm
      Only team in the top four to win a game this weekend.

Arsenal drop points again today. We still have to play Arse and Manure and they have to still play each other and Chavski before the end of the season, all surely dropping points along the way...

Could we still sneak a chance of winning it IF we win every single game left in the league?

I personally think we could.

Call me mad, but if we win every league game, we will be there or very there abouts...

Mods poll por favor:

Could we still have a chance:

*EDIT*: Done!
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2008 09:36:37 pm by Court LFC »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Could we still win the league?
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2008 06:08:23 pm
      Well we can only finish on 83 points.
      Arsenal are already on 66 points which is 10 points ahead of us. If Man Utd win their game in hand they'll be 11 points ahead of us. Even if we win all our remaining games I still believe that either Man Utd or Arsenal or both will finish past the 83 points mark come the end of the season.

And lets be realistic, beating Arsenal and United away is a massive ask, I think we might get a draw or something but who ever wins at those stadiums apart from the home team? Chelsea will also go 8 points ahead of us if they win their games in hand. I think if anything the title's more likely to be in Chelsea's hands as they have United & Arsenal to visit Stamford Bridge.

Think we should just be realistic now, securing 4th will be a big enough battle...
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2008 06:12:42 pm
      yes we can still win the title mathamaticly but, realisticly we can only get 3rd or 4th i believe we can get 3rd
      so its a no for me
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #3: Mar 09, 2008 06:30:49 pm
      I doubt very much that both Utd and Arsenal will self destruct to allow us to sneak in. Chelsea would also have to lose their way.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Mar 09, 2008 06:43:33 pm
       Don I admire your belief and always believe in playing to the last whistle but sadly I believe the 10 or 11 drawn games have cost us dearly.If you include the Manure and West ham games which we did not deserve to lose we would of been right up there at the top.The good thing is RAFA has definitely got the foundations in place for next season.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Mar 09, 2008 06:50:11 pm
      If we win every game. And have the best luck in the history of football with the other teams results then yeah. But realistically no. Not this season.

I think the rest of the season is about the team continuing to improve in the way they have over the last few games, win the CL and stay glued together for next season. And we'll win then!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2008 07:06:41 pm
      I doubt very much that both Utd and Arsenal will self destruct to allow us to sneak in. Chelsea would also have to lose their way.

They dont have to self-distruct to drop points! other teams just need to be determined to pick points. Today Wigan picked a point off Arsenal, Everton will meet their Achilles heels sooner or when they meet  with the best side (LIverpool).

I believe we can still win this. who said the winner has to have more that 83 points? right now we're two points behind Chelsea (they have two games in hand) we can still do this.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2008 08:44:28 pm

Could we still sneak a chance of winning it IF we win every single game left in the league?

Call me mad, but if we win every league game, we will be there or very there abouts...

You're not mad - You're absolutely barking.

What colour are the little pills that keep you in this dreamland? >:D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2008 08:50:53 pm
      You're not mad - You're absolutely barking.

What colour are the little pills that keep you in this dreamland? >:D

How did you know oldred about my pills... welllll they are the same colour (but totally different in function) to the ones you need to keep your old pecker up matey.

In all seriouness, I don't actually take pills mate... I do drink Pils though - does that count?

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #9: Mar 09, 2008 08:57:20 pm

In all seriouness, I don't actually take pills mate... I do drink Pils though - does that count?

Pils will do it if you have enough.  I assume you are drunk to come up with this concept.
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 09, 2008 09:12:49 pm
      Win the next four games and we'd be definately putting pressure on the top 3. Impossible is nothing!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Mar 09, 2008 09:17:28 pm
      We Have 3 games in a row soon which will either put us nearer or further away from from the top plus Reading at home before them and after the Arsenal game we will know precisely where we stand and you just never know we could suddenly win them all and watch Wenger & Ferguson stutter, it's happened to them both before so why not again. Mind you the wife always sez I'm a dreamer....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Mar 09, 2008 09:18:47 pm
      It would be lovely to think we could still win the league.

But realistically I don't think we will this season, but I do think 3rd place is a very strong possibility.

Let's just keep winning and focussing on ourselves, let the other teams worry about how they are going to stop the might of Torres and Gerrard who are on fire at the moment.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #13: Mar 09, 2008 09:20:43 pm
      I dont think we can, things looked extremely bright when i looked at the table yesterday and saw us so close to chelsea then i looked at games played and just thought maybe not. We are in great form but chelsea arent exactly losing may games atall at the moment either. Plus the fact that everton are on the same points as us with us only ahead on GD.

I wish we would but i just cant see man u and arsenal losing many more points in the league, and maybe even chelsea.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Mar 09, 2008 09:25:12 pm
      Until its mathamatically impossible WHY THE F**k NOT!! After this weekends amazing FA Cup and the way that F***ing c**t Ferguson moaned and berrated what I thought was a good performance from the Ref, Im sure some of those results may well unsettle some players. Football has this amazing ability to come up and smack you in the mouth no matter how confident you feel and no matter how great you think you are. Its about time someone had a bad run and why not Arsenal Chelsea and the SCUM for a change!! Weve had our kick in the bollox from Barnsley, and all good luck to em in the Cup so until its over it aint over and stranger things have happend thats what makes this such a great game.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2008 09:25:30 pm

I wish we would but I just cant see man u and arsenal losing many more points in the league, and maybe even chelsea.

You will if you drink enough Pils like Donrafael.

It would be great though if we were both made to look prats at the end of the season.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2008 09:34:00 pm
      Anything is possible with Liverpool

And after all we've been through this season I wouldn't be surprised if there's a twist in the end....at least a damn good CL run  ;)

Either that or we'll all be having a puff on Don's Socks :D

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2008 09:38:40 pm by LondonRed »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2008 09:34:26 pm
      I'd love it if we were but i just look at it as, people always say the reason we dont win the league due to having a bad run during the season whereas the other big teams dont. And they dont so i cant see them startin to now, they lost a couple of games but it wont be a run of bad results. I wish so much it would but deep down i know it wont. Arsenal are something like 10 points or more ahead of us and i cant see them man u anddd chelsea getting no results and us picking up 4 wins.

If it was one team ahead of us then fair enough but 3 big teams going into a slump at the same time is so unlikely, cup football is different.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #18: Mar 09, 2008 09:34:47 pm
      Only team in the top four to win a game this weekend.

Arsenal drop points again today. We still have to play Arse and Manure and they have to still play each other and Chavski before the end of the season, all surely dropping points along the way...

Mods poll por favor:

Could we still have a chance:

Wake up and smell the coffee Donrafael! We can't win the league this season.  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Mar 09, 2008 09:38:35 pm
      Mathematically, yes.

Watching Chelsea, Arsenal & United drawing & losing the majority of their matches?  Bit far fetched!

Sorry Don but I think you are smoking your socks! :D 

We'll only get 3rd this season - max.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #20: Mar 09, 2008 09:59:36 pm
      Pils will do it if you have enough.  I assume you are drunk to come up with this concept.

No I'm not ...but I'm getting the message.

Oh well next season it is... just great to see us playing such great footy at the minute.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #21: Mar 09, 2008 10:46:25 pm
      Absolutely no chance.  Okay we won and none of the other top three did but to be fair - only Arsenal had a Premiership game!

We won't win all our games.  We won't get to 80 points.  And Arsenal can easily manage 4 wins and a couple of draws out of 9 games.

If we hadn't of screwed up so dramatically in December and January we could / and should have been up there.  Annoying isn't it.
      Cy
      Reply #22: Mar 09, 2008 10:59:53 pm
      As much as I would like to, no chance. Winning all our games would be too much to ask, man u arsenal chelsea will all soon just have the league to win something this year, so a 3rd place finish would be a great result. 4th been the target.

Quick Reply