Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will Rafa stay?  Or will he walk?

Stay
      (83.3%)
      Walk
      (16.7%)

Rafael Benitez - Will He Walk In The Summer?

Read 10621 times
      albertdock
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Re: Rafael Benitez - Will He Walk In The Summer?
      Reply #92: Apr 16, 2008 12:30:06 pm
      Guillem article in the Spanish sporting press of today

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-benitez-harto-guerra-accionistas/dasftbing/20080416dasdaiftb_84/Tes

Main highlights:

- Rafa is very tired of the in-fighting to the point of desperation
      - In Guillem's implicit opinion - Hicks is not the real problem at the club - Parry is
      - Rafa maintains a cordial relationship with Hicks
      - Foster Gillett is AWOL and nobody knows what his role now is or where he is
      - Rafa has been lied to repeatedly by various parties...
      - Gillett jumped at the opportunity of attempting to sell his 50% to DIC
      - Parry is backed-up by Gillett to not lose control of his 50% (and his job by default)
      - Parry has refused to resign
      - Hicks will tell all in an interview on Sky today (probably to further mine Parry and Gillett with whom he no longer talks with)
      - Hicks is working on the partnering/financing to take over Gillett 50%

Nothing we didn't know already I suppose ... well apart from Rafa's cordial relationship with Hicks now... and the comment that the real enemy is Gillett and Parry...

This is all worse than a good episode of Eastenders... this is all sooo not Liverpool FC.

I.R.W.T.

Don you should be given the "title" LFCreds press officer, because once again you've trawled the Spanish media and come up with yet one more gem!
      Excellent informative piece, if not from Rafa's mouth as good as!
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #93: Apr 16, 2008 12:38:36 pm
      Hmmm
      I think he will stay but, alot will depend on three key things:
      i) the results of upcoming planned talks with the owners and parry
      ii) how far we go in the UCL
      iii) The big one, are his coffers filled for summer transfer activity ?

I think if enough of these things go the wrong way he could probally walk into  his old job at valencia or somewhere like Barca.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #94: Apr 16, 2008 12:45:06 pm
      Guillem article in the Spanish sporting press of today

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbol-benitez-harto-guerra-accionistas/dasftbing/20080416dasdaiftb_84/Tes

Main highlights:

- Rafa is very tired of the in-fighting to the point of desperation
      - In Guillem's implicit opinion - Hicks is not the real problem at the club - Parry is
      - Rafa maintains a cordial relationship with Hicks
      - Foster Gillett is AWOL and nobody knows what his role now is or where he is
      - Rafa has been lied to repeatedly by various parties...
      - Gillett jumped at the opportunity of attempting to sell his 50% to DIC
      - Parry is backed-up by Gillett to not lose control of his 50% (and his job by default)
      - Parry has refused to resign
      - Hicks will tell all in an interview on Sky today (probably to further mine Parry and Gillett with whom he no longer talks with)
      - Hicks is working on the partnering/financing to take over Gillett 50%

Nothing we didn't know already I suppose ... well apart from Rafa's cordial relationship with Hicks now... and the comment that the real enemy is Gillett and Parry...

This is all worse than a good episode of Eastenders... this is all sooo not Liverpool FC.

I.R.W.T.

At last a snippet of information we know is at least founded on truth!
      "Rafa is at the point of desperation"!
      That tells me it wouldn't take much to tip him over!
      Come on Parry do what you do best, piss on Rafa's chips again!!
      Cause F**k up this time Parry and no excuses will be listened to.

STAY ANY FROM ALL FUTURE GAMES, BECAUSE IF RAFA GOES YOU WILL BE LYNCHED, YOU TRECHERUS EVIL c**t
      and that for free PUBES
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #95: Apr 16, 2008 12:49:20 pm
      Hmmm
      I think he will stay but, alot will depend on three key things:
      I) the results of upcoming planned talks with the owners and parry
      ii) how far we go in the UCL
      iii) The big one, are his coffers filled for summer transfer activity ?

I think if enough of these things go the wrong way he could probally walk into  his old job at valencia or somewhere like Barca.

Keep it coming, another clear succinct post!
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #96: Apr 16, 2008 01:10:59 pm
      Keep it coming, another clear succinct post!

What can I say i like fences
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #97: Apr 16, 2008 05:29:31 pm
      Don you should be given the "title" LFCreds press officer, because once again you've trawled the Spanish media and come up with yet one more gem!
      Excellent informative piece, if not from Rafa's mouth as good as!

Can't take the credit matey... another person from the LFC Madrid Supporters Branch sent a bunch of members the link...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #98: Apr 16, 2008 08:36:07 pm
      I do not believe and hope that RAFA will not go,with all the backstabbing that has gone on ( I blame all members of the board )I think it might of strengthened RAFAS hand.I believe because of this he will be given the cash to buy 2 or 3 top class players in the off season.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #99: Apr 17, 2008 09:57:29 am
      It seems to be in the hands of one man now. Gillett...because your mate isn't going anywhere and has more money than you... which is why you brought him into the family in the first place. Now suffer for that bad decision mate... it's not as if you leave without a profit.

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #100: Apr 18, 2008 09:47:32 pm
      Well Ive just heard it on SPN, Rafa interviewed and he says he is happy and has no intention of leaving in the summer!
      I think Rafa is party to something, he had that knowing smile on his face.
      I'm now quite confident he'll have his day with Parry!

We'll have to wait for "Season on the Brink" episode 2 for the full story!

RIP Brothers and sisters
      IRWT
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #101: Apr 18, 2008 10:30:33 pm

Exactly... it's going to be one hell of a read... he is writting it... that much I do know...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #102: Apr 19, 2008 03:31:11 am
      Well Ive just heard it on SPN, Rafa interviewed and he says he is happy and has no intention of leaving in the summer!
      I think Rafa is party to something, he had that knowing smile on his face.
      I'm now quite confident he'll have his day with Parry!

RIP Brothers and sisters
      IRWT

Yes, I noticed exactly that too! Now I'm not so worried about it. Also note that he winked at the journalist when he persistantly asked him about what was going on.

The smile he wore though, it seemed like a confident, cheeky smile. I pray he stays.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #103: Apr 19, 2008 07:37:57 am
      From The Times:

Rafael Benitez vows to stay at Liverpool

Rafael BenÍtez spoke of his determination to stay at Liverpool yesterday, but as long as the civil war that has engulfed the club continues to rage, questions will remain about the manager’s long-term future at Anfield.

Given the duress BenÍtez is having to work under at such a critical stage of the season, it may rank as the greatest achievement of his managerial career if Liverpool win the Champions League final in Moscow on May 21, but with every day throwing up unexpected developments in this extraordinary saga, the Spaniard is refusing to look too far ahead.

BenÍtez has two years remaining on his contract at Anfield, but while he claimed yesterday that he was “really pleased and happy here” and “wanted to stay”, the Liverpool manager was less forthcoming when asked if he would remain at the club if the off-field troubles continued into the summer or beyond.

When asked if he could envisage walking away, BenÍtez said: “No, at this moment, no. For now, it’s time to deal with problems on the pitch. I can’t change the other things.”

Liverpool have agreed to sign two highly rated young players and one experienced foreign player in the summer, but when asked if his plans for next season would be hampered if there was not a change of ownership, BenÍtez said: “I don’t know, but at least we are trying to go forward.”

The manager demanded answers from the board last weekend after discovering that Rick Parry, the chief executive, was at one of the two meetings George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks, the American co-owners, held with JĂŒrgen Klinsmann, the former Germany coach, last year, but while the manager indicated that contact and progress had been made on that front this week, it was unclear who with.

BenÍtez’s relationship with Parry remains untenable in the long term, as does that between Gillett and Hicks, but sources within the club claimed last night that the prospect of the warring board members settling their differences remains “a long way off”.

There was at least some good news for BenÍtez yesterday, with sources within Dubai International Capital indicating that the Arab investment consortium would keep the manager if it was successful in its bid to win control of the club.

With changes of management possible at Valencia, BenÍtez’s former club, AtlĂ©tico Madrid, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid at the end of the season, the Spaniard’s services are likely to be in demand, but with a game away to Fulham this afternoon before the first leg of their Champions League semi-final against Chelsea at Anfield three days later, he is attempting to focus on matters on the pitch.

It is the off-field troubles that continue to dominate the headlines, however. The revelations in The Times yesterday that Liverpool must repay the £31.5 million borrowed to buy Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel by July 2009 or risk losing both players raised fresh questions about the state of Hicks’s finances as he attempts to raise the money – or find the financial backing – to buy out Gillett.

Hicks is believed to have been turned away by at least half a dozen financial institutions in recent months and the news that Royal Bank of Scotland, with whom he secured part of a ÂŁ350 million refinancing package in January, is to ask shareholders for about ÂŁ10 billion in extra cash may increase the pressure on the Texan to settle some of his debts.

So there's some good news then! It's about what we already knew though - Rafa loves the club and wants to stay, it's more a question of whether he would be forced out by the fighting over the control of the club.

Two other good bits of information as well - the fact that DIC have stated they wouldn't change manager if they took over the club, and the fact that Hicks really looks to be in over his head financially. I don't think he wants to sell soon, but maybe he's going to have to if the bank want their money back!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #104: Apr 19, 2008 09:30:47 am
      Thanks for that Ayrton77.

I saw today that DIC will buy Gillettes stake and Hicks may be forced out too. It was on the back page of one of the papers i think it was the daily express.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #105: Apr 19, 2008 10:03:39 am
      51 Hicks 49 DIC you saw it here first... with Moores betraying Gillet for the sake of the club in the board vote.

Adios Parry, Adios Gilletx2.

New board would be:

Hicksx2, Moores, Ayres, DIC Execx2 - Ayres voting with Hicks every time to save his new proposed promotion to CEO...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #106: Apr 19, 2008 11:21:03 am
      51 Hicks 49 DIC you saw it here first... with Moores betraying Gillet for the sake of the club in the board vote.

New board would be:

Hicksx2, Moores, Ayres, DIC Execx2 - Ayres voting with Hicks every time to save his new proposed promotion to CEO...

Im holding you to that Don :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #107: Apr 19, 2008 11:22:50 am

New board would be:

DIC being largely likely to take over was all over SSN today btw and all over the papers. Im guessing by ths you didnt see it, or maybe you did i dont know. Good guess if you didnt though, looks likely to happen based on what has been said in the papers today.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #108: Apr 19, 2008 01:41:39 pm
      DIC being largely likely to take over was all over SSN today btw and all over the papers. Im guessing by ths you didnt see it, or maybe you did I dont know. Good guess if you didnt though, looks likely to happen based on what has been said in the papers today.

If that is true it would better... much better... specially now they've said they would hold on (extend?) Rafa....

Rafa certainly looked a happier man yesterday... back to his old self...

I.R.W.T.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #109: Apr 19, 2008 01:48:40 pm

New board would be:

What's your source don?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #110: Apr 19, 2008 01:57:32 pm

If that is true it would better... much better... specially now they've said they would hold on (extend?) Rafa....

Rafa certainly looked a happier man yesterday... back to his old self...

I.R.W.T.

Good to hear rafa looked happier.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #111: Apr 19, 2008 05:39:09 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9nUvxW_Nc&feature=related

Rafa Benitez, Ra Ra Ra Rafa Benitez!

Don't leave us!!!

I reckon he'll stay now because he's planning for next season already with some transfers he's already made.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #112: Apr 19, 2008 06:19:16 pm
      He's won me round bigtime!

I really hope he stays and wins us the league.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #113: Apr 19, 2008 06:25:56 pm

Can't take the credit matey... another person from the LFC Madrid Supporters Branch sent a bunch of members the link...

I will be in LFC Madrid SUpporters Branch ;D  ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #114: Apr 19, 2008 08:16:57 pm
      I will be in LFC Madrid SUpporters Branch ;D  ;D

Edu we need your fancard number - have you done it yet? off topic I know...

We await you with open arms at The Triskel Cavern in Madrid... YNWA.

Quick Reply