Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Liverpool v Chelsea CL lst leg - Match Thread and Team News

Read 12821 times
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Chelsea CL lst leg - Match Thread and Team News
      Reply #253: Apr 23, 2008 09:50:47 pm
      It's going to be a very tough game next week.Chelsea have a couple of things going for them:

1.Their confidence is up.They think that luck has finally gone their way.
      2.They haven't lost at home in almost 4 years (domestic record i think ?)
      3.They will probably be out of the premiership race by this weekend.That will surely motivate them more than anything (if it happens).
      4.It looks like Grant will be sacked at the end of the season,so most of the players will try and give their best and get behind him.

Having said all that,our away form has been good this year in Europe.If we play like we did at Anfield and take our chances,I see no reason why we shouldn't reach the final.Also, there is no way that Torres is going to have another match like that.

On another note,I read somewhere that Aurelio is out for 2 weeks (cant remember where,sorry).So its either going to be Riise at LB or Arbeloa if Rafa decides to play Carra at RB.Is Finnan still injured?
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #254: Apr 23, 2008 09:58:02 pm
      I dont think Finnan's injured, hes just lacking games and form at moment. Plus I think Rafa prefer Arbeloa
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #255: Apr 23, 2008 10:42:27 pm
      Whats done is done and I agree about JAR being off at the end of the season, sad but we have moved on from him now. Does anyone think he will get a start next Wednesday? I think he will, think he will want to go and put things right for his mistake last night.
      I agree totally tried to make this point last night lets just look forward to hammering the crap out of them at silent bridge
      MsGerrard
      Reply #256: Apr 23, 2008 11:20:27 pm
      Carlsberg don't do European Cups, but if they did, Liverpool would still have more than Chelsea  :lmao:

Nice points in your post RED 1028  ;)
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #257: Apr 23, 2008 11:23:04 pm
      Plz tell me what the score is with yellow cards going into the second leg ...thanks
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #258: Apr 23, 2008 11:26:29 pm
      Plz tell me what the score is with yellow cards going into the second leg ...thanks

If Stevie, Carra or Aurelio pick up yellows they miss the final providing we progress.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #259: Apr 23, 2008 11:33:55 pm
      cheers for that , paulrobbo , still think big peter has the outcome to get to the final , john tit head terry is ona yellow as well , game on .
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #260: Apr 23, 2008 11:36:43 pm
      cheers for that , paulrobbo , still think big peter has the outcome to get to the final , john tit head terry is ona yellow as well , game on .

Could mean him being a bit more reluctant to put a challenge in. Could give Nando another couple of sights at goal.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      Reply #261: Apr 23, 2008 11:45:43 pm
      i think he has something different crouch , on his day as we all know he can deliver , a more central role for gerrard driving us on , torres knowing the outcome of the ariel battles and the back up and awareness of the squad will see us through , rafa knows how to get goals in the capital , crouch has done it in his last 2 visits , .....ynwa.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #262: Apr 24, 2008 01:12:36 am
      Carlsberg don't do European Cups, but if they did, Liverpool would still have more than Chelsea

Excellent :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #263: Apr 24, 2008 04:55:47 am
      Well im in a positive mood now. I thought after watching the match again i would be more angry and more full of spite but no. Tell me one period of considerable time where Chelsea dominated. There was no dominance from Chelsea, ok maybe their tactics didnt allow it but no matter what, a team always will have atleast a 10 minute chunk in which they dominate and Chelsea didnt. We are too strong for them. Look at our PL matches, 1-0 in the first OH sorry 1-1.... and 0-0 in the second. They cannot score against us (dont count that penalty!) I think we're in the favourable position.

They play the Scum this weekend trailing by 3 points and superior goal difference so if they win there then they are favourites for the trophy, meaning that strongest side available will be played which is great for us as we can rest up. We play Birmingham in a game where we must win to keep momentum but can rest several players. Perfect outcome for us is if Chelsea lose on the weekend to the Scum playing their strongest side and we can win by a few with minimal stars playing.

Our defence for the Chelski game - Arby at LB, Carra at RB with Sami and Martin in the middle. Riise cannot play this game if we want to win. This can hurt Riise's confidence more so but who cares, as Stevie said its a team.

Liverpool do this the hard way, extra time will be needed again so its a 1-1 for mine and off to Moscow ;D ;D ;D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #264: Apr 24, 2008 10:13:55 am
      Bad result but keep your heads high, we will still win.

We have scored in every away match in the Champions league, we will do the same against Chelsea.

If they managed to ge an away goal at our stadium (even though it was an own goal), with our fans singing right to the end, then we can score at their library stadium as well.

IRWT
      YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #265: Apr 26, 2008 12:40:44 am
      I haven't been able to get back on here since the chavski game and All I keep hearing is that Rafa has not been able to win at the bridge since his arrival at Anfield. Well the longer it goes on, the more likely it is to happen. It's just the law of averages. I am still not in the least bit phased, I am totally confident we will get to moskow for the final. Let's get it on, I can't wait till Wednesdy. Don't feel at all nervous about this one, never have since the fixture ws anounced. Just got that feeling again. C.O.Y.M.R.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #266: Apr 26, 2008 11:49:54 am
      We will beat Chavski at the Bridge...have no doubt fellow reds... we are the much better/fresher team.

Right now WE are the IN FORM team in EUROPE.

I.R.W.T.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #267: Apr 26, 2008 01:15:57 pm
      Imagine the Chelski faces WHEN we beat them again! :D :D Cant bloody wait ;D
      RedAndWhiteKop
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts | -2 
      Reply #268: Apr 26, 2008 01:24:48 pm
      all riise's goal will do is make our road to moscow slightly more interesting, but will be overshadowed by torres's hat-trick at the bridge!, he can really exploit terry because of his yellow now  ;)

Quick Reply