Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you rather have win the final?

Mancs (Hitler)
      (12%)
      Chavs (Mussolini)
      (88%)

Champions League Final 08

Read 38284 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Champions League Final 08
      Reply #46: May 18, 2008 12:24:57 am
      I hate both the fuckers but like MSG said, they are both in it and unfortunately one of them has to win it.

For me it has to be those cheating bas**rds from Stamford Bridge. I couldn't handle seeing those Manc bas**rds on the podium holding up OUR cup. Another major reason is that down here where I live, I don't know ONE single Chel$ki supporter...not one.... :D.

I hope Ronaldo gets sent off when it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go and The Chavs win 1-0 and the whole of the Manc fraternity...turns on him...maybe even burning effigies of him and it's shown on TV around the world ;D
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #47: May 18, 2008 07:53:35 pm
      Don't worry Thunderlara both of them can't win it  ;)

I know exactly what you mean though..........out of choice I wouldn't want either of these teams in the final, but they are there and one of them will win it, I just hope it's dead boring football, with a couple of sending offs, several yellow cards, a good punch up between Ronaldo and Rooney over who takes the penalty, cos there bound to get at least one ::)

Lots of theatrical diving from Drogba, and Fergie choking on his gum when chelski lift the cup..........you never know even Grant might crack his face with a smile :lmao:

Haha so true..stupid mistake :D.
      But if the final turns out the be anything like you said, i'd love to watch it then!
      Bring it on!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2008 12:40:29 pm
      I'm just stepping outside the Arkles (a rarity for me ) to make my 1000 post !
      Has anybody noticed that the referee is the same one that gave the Garcia Goal against Chelski in '05 hope he feels like redeeming himself tomorrow night (not that he was wrong in the first place ! :f_tongueincheek:;D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: May 20, 2008 02:30:07 pm
      F**k just the thought of either of these teams lifting the cup makes me sick.

I want it to be called off, but one of the pr**k teams need to win it.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #50: May 20, 2008 02:42:39 pm
      I wont be russian to watch the game, in fact I will be busy playing GTA 4 on the xbox pr probably doing something else like the dishes, rather than having to watch that...
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #51: May 20, 2008 06:35:12 pm
      Decided I'm gonna go for a run myself. Might go to the gym but if they have the TVs on chances are it'll be ITV on.
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #52: May 20, 2008 06:42:55 pm
      Actually I want it to be the most dirtiest match in the history of football with a number of sendings off. Then the FA could step in and give them a bad name ;) Well.. thats all I'm holding onto.

Or maybe Fergie and Grant have a fight?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #53: May 20, 2008 06:44:04 pm
      And deduct points from the EPL next season......dream on eh ??  :D :D
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #54: May 20, 2008 06:50:15 pm
      Possible sacking of Fergie for violent conduct on a ref? And Ronaldo sent off for punching Cech in the head and being sent to prision? Drogba nuts Grant?!

What do you reckon are the odds on that?  :laugh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #55: May 20, 2008 07:01:42 pm
      Possible sacking of Fergie for violent conduct on a ref? And Ronaldo sent off for punching Cech in the head and being sent to prision? Drogba nuts Grant?!

What do you reckon are the odds on that?  :laugh:

What a quality match that would be eh ??   :lmao:
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #56: May 20, 2008 07:14:53 pm
      I think I might just go out and have a full blooded football match.  I'll just come in after it's finished and I won't be bothered!
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Who Do We Want? - The Dreaded Question!
      Reply #57: May 20, 2008 09:00:42 pm
      Hi lads,

It's heartbreaking i know, to think of the scum and chavski battling it out for the biggest prize in world football and believe me i feel like being sick writing this, where im gutted that we are not there!

But the dreaded question has to be asked, as im keen to know who all the Liverpool FC fans around the world want to win....

Who do you want to win the Champions League Final 2008?

a) The Scum (Man UTD)
      b) The Chavs (Chelsea)
      c) Dont Give A Monkeys (Neutral)

For me i answer b) The Chavs (Chelsea)! I hate both Chelsea and the Manc bas**rds with a burning passion, i hate them both along with Everton so much i would quite happily see them fold like a carboard box!

Why do i want Chelsea?

Because i hate Man UTD more than any team on the planet, there fans are scummy glory hunters who think they know about football and they are the most abusive fans going towards - Hillsborough etc!

Also because Chelsea have never won it, and if they win it once they are still 4 behind our great total of 5, and if the Mancs win they will be 2 behind!

Also because i hate that w**ker Rio Ferdinand, he always rubs it in when they beat us and he runs to the fans and pumps his chest, i hope to see him along with Rat Boy Ronaldo ball their tiny eyeballs out!

So for this reason, and i think this will be the last time i ever say this....

Come on The Chavs!

Next season, we will win it in our second home - Rome!

3 Times in Rome!

Matt
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #58: May 20, 2008 09:27:52 pm
      Totally agree about hating the scum T-unit-LFC  but your poll is a little late the first page of the thread asks the same question !
      I think a lot of people who are claiming not to be interested are just burying there head in the sand hoping it won't happen because were not there, but it will and if anybody has to win it I'd prefer it to be Chelsea.
      I also heard today that the dressing room that has been allocated to the scum hasd a 90% success rate, GOD i hope not ! :f_steam:
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #59: May 20, 2008 11:24:04 pm
      Just remembered. I'm in College in manchester on thursday, when our new shirt comes out. Would just love it if the mancs lost and they've all put their shirts back in the drawers till August, thats if they haven't taken them back to the shop already. I can stroll around manchester with me new shirt on enjoying all the devestated looks on all of their faces.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: May 20, 2008 11:32:45 pm
      Just remembered. I'm in College in manchester on thursday, when our new shirt comes out. Would just love it if the mancs lost and they've all put their shirts back in the drawers till August, thats if they haven't taken them back to the shop already. I can stroll around manchester with me new shirt on enjoying all the devestated looks on all of their faces.

:lmao:  How sweet would that be eh Paul >:D

I only hope what you say comes true, I can't stand either team, and I think we all feel the same on here, but one of them has to win unfortunately, so let's just hope it's not the scum, can you imagine how big headed they will be if they do the 'double'.

Can't bear thinking about it :f_steam:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #61: May 21, 2008 12:38:19 am
      Bad news everyone.  Tomorrow somebody horrible and thousands of shitty fans will have their hands on the European Cup.

Not good.  Wake me up in about a week.

Don't think I'm going to watch the game TBH.  I've narrowly chosen Chelsea ahead of United but I can see small positives if either wins it, but obviously huge enormous negatives.

Either way, they will only get the trophy on loan for 12 months.

John Arne Riise - you tit.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #62: May 21, 2008 12:48:26 am
      Id rather Chelsea winning it cause my hate for Man Utd is just a lot bigger than any other team. I cant even think of them with their hands on the European Cup, it hurts.

Im not watching the game by the way. I decided to stay at College, i will study some stuff during the match so I wont have to bother watching that crap :P
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #63: May 21, 2008 02:26:33 am
      I am listening to a footie show now and they are in Moscow making a big deal about both Ashley and Joe picking up knocks during the training and complaining about the pitch and they even bring in Collymore to give us his "expert" opinion about it  ::)

I think this is going to be a dull final much like the FA Cup was last season with these two team in which many people in the media tend to forget about. Chelsea will play their typical game and I am sure Mancs will come in and play like they did vs Barca in both legs.

Two negatives don't make a positive 8)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #64: May 21, 2008 02:57:18 am
      F**k....can't believe both teams arrived safely in Russia :f_steam:      ;D
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #65: May 21, 2008 03:24:05 am
      F**k....can't believe both teams arrived safely in Russia :f_steam:      ;D

not by the sounds of it mate, Chelsea's already started whinging

hope they freeze to death and both cant play so they give the cup to us ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #66: May 21, 2008 03:02:23 pm
      Just read about a load of Chelsea fans (about 200?) who's flights have been cancelled, so they won't make the game. I know they are Chelsea fans but imagine this was you.. and they were told to find alternative transport.. like what?! ???

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7412711.stm
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #67: May 21, 2008 03:59:39 pm
      Just read about a load of Chelsea fans (about 200?) who's flights have been cancelled, so they won't make the game. I know they are Chelsea fans but imagine this was you.. and they were told to find alternative transport.. like what?! ???

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7412711.stm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: May 21, 2008 05:03:12 pm
      Im depressed to bits!! I should be sat in a pub in Liverpool surrounded by fellow reds getting ready to watch our team in the champions league final. Instead im at home listening to utd this utd that chelsea this chelsea that. Its wrong  :f_steam:

Quick Reply