Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you rather have win the final?

Mancs (Hitler)
      (12%)
      Chavs (Mussolini)
      (88%)

Champions League Final 08

Read 38553 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Champions League Final 08
      Reply #69: May 21, 2008 05:10:08 pm
      Im depressed to bits!! I should be sat in a pub in Liverpool surrounded by fellow reds getting ready to watch our team in the champions league final. Instead im at home listening to utd this utd that chelsea this chelsea that. Its wrong  :f_steam:

Switch the telly off Brian, its too depressing, makes me laugh though, did you see the fans in Red Square ?  You wouldnt think there was a CL final tonight, it looks as miserable as sin, if it were the Mighty Reds, then Red Square would literally be RED SQUARE, there's not a flag or banner to be seen - miserable fuckers they don't know how to enjoy themselves or support their team, a waste of a Final in my eyes . 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #70: May 21, 2008 05:11:07 pm
      Know how you're feeling Brian. Was driving back from work thinking of how all the red flags would have been drapped over peoples windows here, before.

Not happy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: May 21, 2008 05:12:04 pm
      Switch the telly off Brian, its too depressing, makes me laugh though, did you see the fans in Red Square ?  You wouldnt think there was a CL final tonight, it looks as miserable as sin, if it were the Mighty Reds, then Red Square would literally be RED SQUARE, there's not a flag or banner to be seen - miserable fuckers they don't know how to enjoy themselves or support their team, a waste of a Final in my eyes . 

I know yeah it looks like sky are following them to a group game in Moscow not the final
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #72: May 21, 2008 05:15:51 pm
      Know how you're feeling Brian. Was driving back from work thinking of how all the red flags would have been drapped over peoples windows here, before.

Not happy.

Next year Kenny mate next year
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #73: May 21, 2008 05:39:39 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #74: May 21, 2008 05:52:02 pm
      Id rather Chelsea winning it cause my hate for Man Utd is just a lot bigger than any other team. I cant even think of them with their hands on the European Cup, it hurts.

Im not watching the game by the way. I decided to stay at College, I will study some stuff during the match so I wont have to bother watching that crap :P

oh no, for some reason I came back home... now I will end up watching the game, since its on tv :( im feeling terrible right now. dont matter who wins, i will be very upset in a few hours.

at least im going to watch the new Indiana Jones movie later :) ;D
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Reply #75: May 21, 2008 06:00:11 pm
      Not watching the game, can't bear to watch it when I KNOW that it should be our club over there, our fans would have taken over the whole country by now and set up a new Red government, but these mancs and chavs don't have a clue, they'll all be in the restaurants eating their prawn sarnies.

Oh well ey, we still won it more times then them both put together no matter what happens tonight!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #76: May 21, 2008 06:05:16 pm
      Rome has got a nice ring to it hasn't it.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XNZbvyU4Q
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #77: May 21, 2008 06:10:42 pm
      Saw a bit of the build up on GMTV, WTF is Fiona Phillips doning there FFS, Bang wagon is not in it. Come on were we that anoyning in Istanbul and Athens.

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=29500

I'm borad as hell with the whole thing, may be because we're not in it, but generally 'cos of the scum, and now this.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #78: May 21, 2008 06:28:48 pm
      I've just voted for Manure by mistake ;D.

TBH I didn't care who won it the past couple of weeks but as we get closer to it, i want Man U as far away from our European record as possible.

Come on the Chavski and the Toad.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #79: May 21, 2008 06:37:05 pm
      I hope Ronaldo and Rooney get crocked on the badly laid pitch, come on Chelsea for fucks sake, beat the manc scum.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #80: May 21, 2008 07:18:55 pm
      The thought of either winning it makes me feel sick.

You must have been reading my mind!

I dont want the mancs coming to me and gloating about A DOUBLE: they're already acting like they won already! and Chelsea? I wish them hell! but since someone must win, the Chavs can take it. Pissed
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #81: May 21, 2008 07:25:30 pm
      i live out in the wilds & im surrounded by man fans for F**k sakes!!5 of lads that i know are all season ticket holders at united.all got offered tickets by the club but not one of them have gone claiming it was to expensive..!!F**k me what sh*t fans both clubs have.
      imagine if we where there!i havent seen a man u banner with anything other than mufc writen on it.i hope chelsea win.god help me if they dont!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #82: May 21, 2008 07:33:50 pm
      Just sat and watched fifteen minutes of build up comprising ten on Granada and five on Sky and to be honest i already feel like the fella who's been asked "do you want to die by poisoning or hanging!". In fifteen minutes we have had all the old cliches dragged out, how the Mancs are going to win it for the babes and George Bests liver and Chelsea who according to Joe Cole "will be made up if we win it but not too disappointed if we lose as it will be a transition season!"

Things are now that bad that I'm typing this whilst my daughter has Hollyoaks on the telly! i didn't realise when we lost to Chelsea how hard tonight would be i did console myself at the time with "at least we dont run the risk of losing to the Mancs" but to be honest i want to run the risk as sitting watching someone else in the final is ten times worse.

For the record i went for a Baron Greenback win as no matter how obnoxious Chelsea and their  Johnny come lately support are it is slightly more acceptable than having to watch Taggart get Sainted for lifting his second European cup when Bob Paisley barely got a handshake from a corgi for his three!

Now where's that TV guide ;)
      LFCelvis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #83: May 21, 2008 07:48:51 pm
      The groundsman deserves a medal that pitch was fu**ed.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #84: May 21, 2008 07:54:28 pm
      Gutted to say the least, I feel like I'm being betrayed, this is OUR final not anyone elses, it should be us on telly right now with all the pubs packed to the gunnells with singing fans, I cant stand it  :-\
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #85: May 21, 2008 08:11:24 pm
      Gutted to say the least, I feel like I'm being betrayed, this is OUR final not anyone elses, it should be us on telly right now with all the pubs packed to the gunnells with singing fans, I cant stand it  :-\

From what Ive heard Smiggs a lot of our blue brothers are out tonight hoping for a Manc win so they can catch up our record a bit more!!... theres bitter and then theres bluenoses!

Radio Merseyside said there's a bar in Formby showing 2005 final on a big screen instead, that would have done me, shut my eyes and wait for it all to go away! ;)

God i hate that ladyboy!!! >:(
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #86: May 21, 2008 08:12:05 pm
      1 - 0 Utd.

F**k off Chelsea.  Hows about that for knocking us out eh?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #87: May 21, 2008 08:14:52 pm
      United are going to win this.  Pro-United bias evident on Sky.

'Such a shame if Paul Scholes goes on to miss the rest of this game due to injury.'

Hmm... how did he get the injury if it wasn't trying to elbow somebody's face off.  We should be there.  Chelsea are a load of sh*te.  Fair play to Ronaldo.  Wish we had a 'winger' half as good getting half as many goals as he does.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #88: May 21, 2008 08:15:16 pm
      Are these cu*ts singing

'In Moscow, we won it three times.....'

F***ing classless copying bas**rds.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #89: May 21, 2008 08:16:17 pm
      f**K utd come on chelsea you c**ts
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #90: May 21, 2008 08:18:05 pm
      United are going to win this.  Pro-United bias evident on Sky.

'Such a shame if Paul Scholes goes on to miss the rest of this game due to injury.'

Hmm... how did he get the injury if it wasn't trying to elbow somebody's face off.  We should be there.  Chelsea are a load of sh*te.  Fair play to Ronaldo.  Wish we had a 'winger' half as good getting half as many goals as he does.

I agree JD the little bit of commentary i have heard makes you wonder when Andy Gray will put his Manc shirt on and announce his engagement to Ronaldo! God i never thought i would see the day when i would complain Chelsea are getting treated unfairly! :o
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #91: May 21, 2008 08:18:30 pm
      From what Ive heard Smiggs a lot of our blue brothers are out tonight hoping for a Manc win so they can catch up our record a bit more!!... theres bitter and then theres bluenoses!

Radio Merseyside said there's a bar in Formby showing 2005 final on a big screen instead, that would have done me, shut my eyes and wait for it all to go away! ;)

God I hate that ladyboy!!! >:(

Me too matey, more than you know  ;)  Pity a few pubs in Liverpool didnt do the same thing, they would of done good business tonight  :D   

Quick Reply