Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Your signings for £30 million (including VAT)

Read 9029 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Your signings for £30 million (including VAT)
      Reply #23: May 06, 2008 08:55:34 pm
      With 30 million to spend and selling off some players to increase purchasing power, I would do the following:

Sell:

Steve Finnan for £6m
      Jermaine Pennant £7m
      Andryl Voronin for £3m
      John A. Riise for £7m
      Carson for £9m

TOTAL = £32m

Buy:

Rafhina for £8m
      Gareth Barry for £12m
      Ashley Young for £15m
      David Bentley for £15m
      Santa Cruz £12m

Total £62m

My Preferred line-up!

Reina

Rafhina/Abreloa   Carragher/Hyypia   Skrtel/Agger    Aurelio/Insua/Barry

Mascherano/Barry       Alonso/Plesis

Bentley/Benanyun     Gerrard       Young/Babel

Torres/Crouch/Santa Cruz

The areas where we need the main focus right now is in the wings. An additional Striker will further increase our winning options.

03eckersleys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -7 
      • Torres=God
      Reply #24: May 06, 2008 09:21:10 pm
      Santa Cruz would be a brilliant player to have at liverpool, he has just been overshadowed this season by the performances of torres and ronaldo but of the top of my head hasn't he scored about 12 or 15 in the league which isn't bad for a first season in the premiership.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #25: May 06, 2008 09:33:29 pm
      Santa Cruz would be a brilliant player to have at liverpool, he has just been overshadowed this season by the performances of torres and ronaldo but of the top of my head hasn't he scored about 12 or 15 in the league which isn't bad for a first season in the premiership.

Last i checked, 18 goals and counting.
      03eckersleys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -7 
      • Torres=God
      Reply #26: May 06, 2008 09:40:54 pm
      Sell
      Voronin - 3 million
      JAR - 6 million
      Finnan - 4 million
      Itandje - 2 million
      Crouch - 10 million
      Alonso - 12 million

37 MILLION

Buy
      Abidal - 9 Million
      Richards - 20 Million
      Ireland - 7 Million
      Bentley - 15 Million
      Barry - 8 Million (Plus Carson)
      Santa Cruz - 8 Million

67 MILLION

30 MILLION

Formation

Reina/Martin

Richards/Arbeloa    Carragher/Hypiia          Agger/Skrtel     Aurelio/Abidal

Bentley/Pennant     Gerrard/Lucas     Mascherano/Ireland/Plessis   Barry/Benayoun

Torres/Kuyt            Santa Cruz/Babel

03eckersleys
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts | -7 
      • Torres=God
      Reply #27: May 06, 2008 09:43:47 pm
      More than I thought but the problem is would Mark Hughes sell him to us because last week he said he would rather let bentley rot in the reserves than sell him to us so would he do the same with him
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #28: May 06, 2008 10:03:18 pm
      More than I thought but the problem is would Mark Hughes sell him to us because last week he said he would rather let bentley rot in the reserves than sell him to us so would he do the same with him

This might be the beginning of a new positioning by managers of the 'Remaining 16' clubs; The Holding-on-to-our-quality-players mentality. I wont be surprised if he acted like that. They want to grow too.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #29: May 06, 2008 11:17:43 pm
      Fairly sure that around £40 million was promised to Benitez.  Actually before you think the Yanks are being generous that £40 million was extracted from the £350 million loan - you know the one that isn't building a new stadium.

Erm, and we're paying £30 million interest a year.

Anyhows moving on.  We have a lot of players who can be sold for value - just like last summer.  I would imagine we could get at least £25 million for some of the outgoing players such as Crouch, Kuyt, Pennant etc.

Finnan's finished, and it seems like everyone on here accepts that Barry is coming.  If he becomes a red then fair enough, but I really do not see th point in us purchasing yet another player of that ilk.  I'd rather have Bentley than Barry - a position we really require strength in.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #30: May 07, 2008 05:25:59 am
      Out

Alonso 14 million :'(
      carson 6 million
      Riise 5 million
      Pennant 3 million
      Crouch 9 million
      Voronin 1 million  ;D
      Kewell 4 million
      total 42 million + 30 million=

72 million total

In

Barry 6 million
      Ashley Young 12 million
      Bentley 15 million
      Villa 17 million
      Silva 7 million
      Benzema 8 million
      Michael Johnson 7 million

Think it adds up!!!!!!!!!! ???

KEWELL IS OUT OF A CONTRACT!  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: May 07, 2008 09:54:52 am
      Sounds very good but only two things I think would stop us is prices of Silva and Zambrotta, I couldnt see Silva going for any less than £17-20 million even though valencia are in a terrible position in the league. And zambrotta just seems like he would be valued at more than £6 million. Other than that looks very good would be shocked and delighted to get silva at that price.

Just tried to squeeze him in with the budget ;D He would go for 15 million otherwise.

As for Zambrotta, apparently he will move to AC for 5.5 million pounds. So i was being a tad overwhelming there.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #32: May 07, 2008 10:15:11 am
      Going by the recent development of Rafa's preference for he Premiership based players, I think we will have a few inclusion into the team in he summer; mainly Gareth Barry, David Bentley and Roque Santa Cruz.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #33: May 07, 2008 02:15:19 pm
      Just tried to squeeze him in with the budget ;D He would go for 15 million otherwise.

As for Zambrotta, apparently he will move to AC for 5.5 million pounds. So I was being a tad overwhelming there.

Hehe would be great if we could get them both, seriously cant wait for this all to be sorted.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #34: May 07, 2008 05:35:16 pm
      You have been playing way too much football manager mate, I'm not accepting any other explanation for suggesting Torje, Saivet & Lulinha (all turn out to be superstars in the game for anyone that doesn't play FM).

::) caught.

but i have seen torje for romania he is actually very good and i saw some lulinha vids on youtube along with saivet, but FM is my origianl souce ;)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #35: May 09, 2008 08:08:34 am
      Ok I'll have a shot at this.

OUT:                                                               IN:
      Kewell (free)                                                     Rafinha      8mil
      Crouch-sorry to sell but 13mil                               Degen      (free)
      Voronin- 2mil                                                     Henry        6mil
      JAR- 6mil                                                           Cole        14mil                                   
      Pennant- 8mil                                                    David Villa 25mil                     
      Carson- 8mil                                                       Bentley    14mil
      Finnan- 3mil                                                       
      Lucas- 8mil

Total 40mil +30mil= 70mil                                  Total 67mil.

Leaving our Formation..
                                               Reina/Itandje
      Rafinha               Carra/Skrtel                   Agger/Hypia         Aurelio/Degen
                                                   Masch
      Bentley/Benayoun               Gerrard/Alonso                     Cole/Babel
                                Torres/Henry                    David Villa/Kuyt

Ok. Obviously you're not going to be able to sign that amount of players and sell that amount of players without financial backing from Mr. Hicks and Gillette/DIC. But Assuming we did this is what I would do.
      I've brought in a few players who are already proven such as Henry, Cole, bentley in the Premie League.
      And other players of quality- rafinha, and Villa.
      I've not really gone out and bought back-up players, because I feel LFC needs quality players now to make a serious challenge for the league.
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #36: May 09, 2008 08:37:23 am
      hey fletch_rox, i disagree with u, whats wrong with lucas, he is a good young player and why the hell would u buy henry, leave him at barca he can stay there for a while, let someone else win the top scorer

i think we should get rid of Crouch and buy Silva as well as Villa and also get rid of Kuyt

There is my opinion and fletch_rox you gotta kick a goal tomorow ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: May 09, 2008 08:40:46 am
      Haydzrox I agree about getting rid of Kuyt, but Rafa likes him tactically, while I don't.
      Henry would add experience to our team, and if he won top scorer that would mean we had won the league.
      Are you injured? Did you do something to your leg mate? I heard you were in a wheel chair? True or not?
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #38: May 09, 2008 08:45:07 am
      i think we should also get rid of Benayoun cause i hate him........

Yeh i did get a wheelchair from the function center to the nurse place, it was awesome!!! ollie was giving me monos! ;D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #39: May 09, 2008 08:45:57 am
      Benayoun is a good player. (at times)
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #40: May 09, 2008 08:48:55 am
      yeh but i still hate apart from when he gets hat tricks (which was once) i liked him after that game
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #41: May 09, 2008 09:56:22 pm
      Ok I'll have a shot at this.

OUT:                                                               IN:
      Kewell (free)                                                     Rafinha      8mil
      Crouch-sorry to sell but 13mil                               Degen      (free)
      Voronin- 2mil                                                     Henry        6mil
      JAR- 6mil                                                           Cole        14mil                                   
      Pennant- 8mil                                                    David Villa 25mil                    
      Carson- 8mil                                                       Bentley    14mil
      Finnan- 3mil                                                      
      Lucas- 8mil

Total 40mil +30mil= 70mil                                  Total 67mil.

I have to disagree with some things here. I dont think that Finnan will be sold and if he is 3mill is alot for a player of his age IMO. Also if theirry Henry arrives for 6million then penguins will fly if you know what i mean.  i think you just ran out of funds ;D also i dont really like j.cole but i supose thats your opinion. Also the signing of Degan means that Rafinha would be uncalled for IMO. But other than that i agree with you
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #42: May 10, 2008 07:25:03 am
      yeh but i still hate apart from when he gets hat tricks (which was once) i liked him after that game

Ah, here's the typical glory hunter, very apparent in lots of football fans nowadays. I think Benayoun is an intelligent player although he has his shortcomings overall quality. But throughout season he has played as a backup to the 3 attacking midfielders in the squad and he has been a good backup. The hattrick goes to justify what he is capable of. I have yet to see him play an absolute horror of a performance this season he scores goals, he assists so I am very surprised that someone would come out to say they HATE him. That's an incredible injustice to players who worked hard for the team. Be more reasonable please.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: May 10, 2008 08:37:12 am
      Ah, here's the typical glory hunter, very apparent in lots of football fans nowadays. I think Benayoun is an intelligent player although he has his shortcomings overall quality. But throughout season he has played as a backup to the 3 attacking midfielders in the squad and he has been a good backup. The hattrick goes to justify what he is capable of. I have yet to see him play an absolute horror of a performance this season he scores goals, he assists so I am very surprised that someone would come out to say they HATE him. That's an incredible injustice to players who worked hard for the team. Be more reasonable please.

Totally agree, great post. Was thinking that myself when i read his post.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #44: May 10, 2008 10:31:05 am

Exactly.. totally agree too.. Benayoun is a good squad player to have esp when we need that little magic to unlock stubborn defences..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #45: May 10, 2008 08:42:21 pm
      I think we should also get rid of Benayoun cause I hate him........

Yeh I did get a wheelchair from the function center to the nurse place, it was awesome!!! ollie was giving me monos! ;D

How can you possibly say "you hate Benayoun" as others have said he's a good squad player, not the best I agree, but has done his bit when called upon by Rafa, works hard and doesn't shirk his responsibilities  and he is a very nifty player.

A bit more loyalty wouldn't go amiss to a player who has worked hard for the team this season.

Quick Reply