Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)

Read 15410 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Peter Crouch (loads of clubs)
      Reply #92: Jul 04, 2008 12:00:43 am
      After all, some of the money that clubs are demanding for their players ie: 20 mill for Barry is absolutely ludicrous.
      It has to stop somewhere..............i t shouldn't all be about money :f_steam:

Good post MsG
      MsGerrard
      Reply #93: Jul 04, 2008 12:21:28 am

Thankyou very much young man  ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #94: Jul 04, 2008 12:23:44 am
      Yep i agree 100% 10mill is enough money especaily if the lads future career is at stake
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #95: Jul 04, 2008 04:24:04 am
      12 months left, 10 mill. is a great price. Personally i think Rafa was aiming for this amount anyway.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #96: Jul 04, 2008 11:50:44 am
      12 months left, 10 mill. is a great price. Personally I think Rafa was aiming for this amount anyway.

Yea setting the bar high so he can get a good price even if its less than his "target"
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #97: Jul 04, 2008 03:19:44 pm
      Give Crouch to Aston Villa.Swap deal,no cash involved.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #98: Jul 04, 2008 08:56:16 pm
      for over the past month harry redknapp hes been in the press saying that he wants peter crouch but liverpool ars asking way to much for him.suddenly when other clubs are interested in the player hes gone all quiet & rumours ar in the press that harry is now planning a improved bid...cheeky f**ker!!worried now are we harry!!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #99: Jul 04, 2008 09:03:41 pm
      I like Crouchie too, even when he's come on this season he's prooved that he's still a good player, but, for his career I think it's best that he moves.
      He'll be a great asset to any team that he goes to.
      I just hope next season he doesn't score a load of goals against us!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #100: Jul 05, 2008 12:17:47 am
      Word is we have accepted a £10 million bid from portsmouth and he will be plaaying for them next season.

Crouch on his way as Pompey's  £10m bid wins the day and dashes Spurs' hopes

By JOHN EDWARDS Last updated at 10:49 PM on 04th July 2008

Peter Crouch finally landed his move to Portsmouth yesterday after the south coast club relented over his valuation and had a £10million bid accepted by Liverpool.

Throughout months of uncertainty over his future, the striker has insisted he would consider quitting Anfield only for Fratton Park, despite Tottenham offering £9m for him less than a fortnight ago.

His wish was granted when the two clubs struck an agreement last night over a deal that will be confirmed when the Football Association offices open on Monday morning.

Crouch was in jubilant mood after learning that Portsmouth had succeeded in a pursuit that was first revealed in Sportsmail earlier this year.

He made it clear he was prepared to run down the final year of his Liverpool contract rather than be forced into joining any other club, such was his determination to link up with Harry Redknapp and boost the ranks of England players at Fratton Park.

Portsmouth already have a quartet of England squad members in David James, Jermain Defoe, Glen Johnson and David Nugent. Crouch has long felt that more frequent starts under Redknapp would reinforce his standing at international level.

Liverpool will receive £8m up front and will waste little time putting it to good use.

They are close to sorting out the fine detail of Gareth Barry's protracted move from Aston Villa and are still exploring ways of prising £20m rated striker Robbie Keane away from Tottenham.

With Juventus expected to meet the £15m price tag on Xabi Alonso, they could soon have the funds needed to launch another bid for Keane.

Yossi Benayoun has turned down the chance of a move to Ajax and told boss Rafa Benitez he wants to fight for his place at Liverpool.

Ajax chiefs were given permission to speak with Benayoun's representatives after registering their interest with Liverpool, as revealed in Sportsmail.

But despite the prospect of linking up again with one of his former coaches, Danny Blind, and interest from Tottenham and Portsmouth, the Israel midfielder has made it clear he intends staying at Anfield.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #101: Jul 05, 2008 01:05:05 am
      Well if this is true then good luck to him. I remember when we were linked to him I was so mad and when we signed him I thought for sure he would be a bust and then went on that long run of not scoring but then it seems after that first goal he won me over and really had to win a lot of people over.

Sad to see him go but he wants first team football then so be it. Good Luck!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #102: Jul 05, 2008 01:20:09 am
      I dont know if its a good thing or not if its true because he is worth more than 10m although he deserves 1st team football and we clearly cant offer him that . Good luck to him and i hope he has a good time at portsmouth if it is true
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Time to celebrate?
      Reply #103: Jul 05, 2008 03:34:46 am
      Looks like Liverpool have accepted a £10m for Peter Crouch from Portsmouth. If this is true I'd be happy as Crouch is a good player and will do well for them but right now he's at the wrong club. We need more Nando style don't you agree chaps and chappesses?
      paulrobbo
      • Started Topic

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Time to celebrate?
      Reply #104: Jul 05, 2008 07:21:31 am
      Seemed like a bid was going to be accepted soon or later. £10million is about the right price. Crouchie isn't going to get that much game time here next season so it's probably best for him if he moves on.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #105: Jul 05, 2008 01:08:28 pm
      Happy he chose portsmouth over villa and spurs. He suits portsmouth and redknapps style better, he will link up well with defoe, hope he does well there he deserves to.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #106: Jul 05, 2008 02:25:15 pm
      sorry to see crouch go...he never got many chances last season...... his heading ability was always suspect though but he was skillful on the floor, and a decent finisher....... i think we wont pursue keane now as they wanted him in part-x so maybe this is a sign we could go for d villa now ...if the price isnt too steep
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #107: Jul 05, 2008 03:09:33 pm
      Hmmm now what, we can blow our budget on Villa, or get Keane and maybe someone else. Tricky... very tricky
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #108: Jul 05, 2008 04:59:19 pm
      Bloody hell. Now i have to change my user name :f_steam:

I love the guy to bits, you'll never see another player like him. 7 foot and yet one of the most technically gifted strikers in the world.

We will miss him and he will be accepted back at Anfield any day. A true character (his penguin outfit did it for me) on and off the field. Scored some cracking goals and more importantly some crucial goals.

Hats off to you Crouchy, good luck with your career and no doubt you'll get the game time you deserve mate.

YNWA Peter Crouch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6734 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #109: Jul 06, 2008 10:59:23 am
      Is it even official yet? ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #110: Jul 06, 2008 11:32:04 am

Expected to be finalised sometime this week.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #111: Jul 06, 2008 12:06:15 pm
      Is there a hint of a replacement? Any one at all?

He will be a huge loss if he goes.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6734 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #112: Jul 06, 2008 12:49:13 pm
      Expected to be finalised sometime this week.

Thanks mate, I'll wait till it's finalised, then say my farewell to him.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #113: Jul 06, 2008 01:29:33 pm
      £10 million is about right I reckon we were never gonna get £15 for him.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #114: Jul 06, 2008 01:39:26 pm
      Peter Crouch

He's big, he's red, his feet stick out the bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch

What a bargain Pompey are getting, gave us whole new dimension whenever he played.

I will remember Crouch for his overhead kicks against Bolton and Galatasaray

Anh his Right foot - goal. Forehead - goal. Left foot - goal. A perfect hat-trick, against Arsenal at Anfield

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsUjH7OlXY&feature=related

Such a shame Rafa couldnt of fitted him into his plans on a more regular basis

Quick Reply