Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked

Read 16919 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked
      May 09, 2008 08:35:45 am
      Im shocked by this to be honest, and rather disgraced by a great LFC legend coming out and yet again washing more dirty linen in public. I would though however like to point out before some of you go too far, he may well have been quoted out of context on a lot of his comments as so often is the case with things like this. I am however very disapointed that this article has come to light..

Source
      http://www.gulfnews.com/sport_extra/world_of_sport/10211626.html

Ronnie Whelan airs his frustrations

By Sarah Tregoning, Staff Reporter
      Published: May 08, 2008, 18:23

Liverpool stalwart Ronnie Whelan believes that Rafa Benitez’s days at Anfield are numbered as The Reds tumble out of the Champions League following a titanic struggle against Chelsea last week.

The Showtime pundit and Liverpool great is not “100 per cent” convinced the Spaniard is the right man to lead Liverpool to success next year. Instead, he would like to see former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho at the helm.

“Rafa’s not won a trophy this season,” says Whelan, whose own days as a midfielder at Anfield in the 1980s glory years were littered with trophies. “He has been quoted many times as saying ‘judge me at the end of the season’, well it’s the end of the season and his squad simply isn’t strong enough.”

Whelan believes Benitez has made bad decisions.
      “When the Americans [co-chairmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett in 2006] came in, they gave Rafa a lot of money to spend on players.

“But he obviously didn’t get the right players — the results say so. Jermain Pennant, Alvaro Arbeloa, Lucas Levia and Ryan Babel — I don’t think they are good enough to get Liverpool where they want to go. So should they give him the chance to spend another £40 million (Dhs 290m) and try and get the right players?”

Whelan points to Benitez’s baffling decision to compile a dossier going back four years of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba’s theatrics on the pitch prior to the Champions League clash as an example of strange choices made by the Spaniard.

When the big man from the Ivory Coast scored his first goal of the night from an acute angle to make the score 1-0 (2-1 aggregate), he gleefully ran the length of the touchline to slide in front of the Liverpool bench in celebration.

“People are saying it may have motivated Drogba to score those two goals, but honestly, I don’t think so,”  Whelan says.
      “I don’t think he needed motivation in the semi-final of the Champions League. I really don’t know why Rafa decided to do that before the game. There were plenty of times in the past when he could have done it if he’d wanted to. I don’t think it was a good idea.”

The game saw Chelsea start with an away-goal advantage following the first leg at Anfield when defender John Arne Riise inexplicably tried to head a low-ball clear and found his own net.

With the score tied at 1-1 on aggregate both sides had everything to play for.

Then Drogba’s goal in the first half put a rather flat-looking Liverpool under more pressure with the aggregate score 2-1.
      But the Reds came out fighting after the break with the knowledge that a single goal at Stamford Bridge would put them right back in the fight burned into their minds.

And that goal came 20 minutes into the second half courtesy of nifty footwork from Fernando Torres in the box to level the score 2-2 on aggregate.

With full-time approaching fast, Chelsea defended with all their might aware that another away goal from Liverpool would kill their hopes of reaching a first Champions League final.

Extra-time saw Michael Essien’s joyous celebrations cut short when his bullet-like shot was disallowed for offside but salvation came in the shape of a penalty awarded to the Blues after Sami Hyypia tripped Michael Ballack in the box.

A brave Frank Lampard, grieving the recent death of his mother, stepped forward to slot in a text-book penalty making the score 2-1 to Chelsea (3-2 on aggregate). And less than 10 minutes later, Drogba slotted home another goal to make it 3-1 (4-2).

Refusing to admit defeat, Liverpool kept fighting and Babel, on for Fernando Torres in the second half of extra time, who was apparently suffering a hamstring injury, hit a 30-yard shot which found the top corner.

The game finished 3-2 to Chelsea with the Blues winning 4-3 over the two legs and Liverpool unable to stage a miracle fightback.

Whelan has nothing but praise for the way a grieving Lampard, wearing the black armband of mourning, delivered a sterling performance for his team and took that penalty.

“It shows tremendous bottle to be able to do that,” he says. “When you think about what’s gone on for him and his family. Probably before the game he said to the manager that he wanted to play and do it for his mother, but it takes something extra to step up and take that type of penalty.

“You might have expected him to blast it and hope for the best, but he placed it calmly and that showed great professionalism and presence of mind.”

Chelsea’s win is a result that Whelan, even with all his affinity for Liverpool, believes that Avram Grant’s men richly deserved.

“Chelsea would have been strong enough on the night to take them through to the final anyway, even without that away goal,” he said.

“Liverpool got their away goal too which they felt that they needed and played a lot better in the second half, but Chelsea just seemed to have more conviction.”

With the trophy cabinet sadly bereft of silverware for the 2007-08 season, Whelan says Liverpool’s decision-makers need to think carefully about where they are headed.

“Everything needs to be looked at now,” he says. “We don’t know if the American owners will be there next season or if the Dubai group [Dubai International Capital] will be the new owners.

“Whoever is there will need to decide if they have confidence in Rafa. Personally I don’t.”

And he believes that Liverpool fans, who haven’t been able to celebrate a league title since 1990, won’t care who is in charge providing they spare enough cash to buy new players capable of propelling the club back to their former glory.

“I doubt the supporters will mind who the owner of the club is as long as they are winning trophies. If they give money to the manager and the manager spends it wisely, that’s all the fans care about.”

So if Steven Gerrard et al need a fresh start, whom would Whelan like to see in charge?

“I think Mourinho would be very good,” he says. “Look at the players that he brought to Chelsea. He spent the same amount of money that Rafa did and those players are in the Champions League final now.

“He might be a bit unpopular with some people, but if your team is winning, you don’t care if a few people don’t like your manager,” Whelan said.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked
      Reply #1: May 09, 2008 08:47:29 am
      I have the greatest respect for Ronnie Whelan as a great Liverpool player but he is wromg with his comments about RAFA who I feel as done an incredible job this season with a totally disorganised board.Also I dont think Ronnie can claim any success as a manager himself.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: May 09, 2008 09:01:41 am
      I have the greatest respect for Ronnie Whelan as a great Liverpool player but he is wromg with his comments about RAFA who I feel as done an incredible job this season with a totally disorganised board.Also I dont think Ronnie can claim any success as a manager himself.
      I agree with you, if we had another manager he would left us in December 'cos of the board's problems.
      At the end of the storm
      Is a golden sky.
      N-Jay
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #3: May 09, 2008 09:10:25 am

Ronnie Whelan airs his frustrations

By Sarah Tregoning, Staff Reporter
      Published: May 08, 2008, 18:23

Liverpool stalwart Ronnie Whelan believes that Rafa Benitez’s days at Anfield are numbered as The Reds tumble out of the Champions League following a titanic struggle against Chelsea last week.

The Showtime pundit and Liverpool great is not “100 per cent” convinced the Spaniard is the right man to lead Liverpool to success next year. Instead, he would like to see former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho at the helm.

“Rafa’s not won a trophy this season,” says Whelan, whose own days as a midfielder at Anfield in the 1980s glory years were littered with trophies. “He has been quoted many times as saying ‘judge me at the end of the season’, well it’s the end of the season and his squad simply isn’t strong enough.”

Whelan believes Benitez has made bad decisions.
      “When the Americans [co-chairmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett in 2006] came in, they gave Rafa a lot of money to spend on players.

“But he obviously didn’t get the right players — the results say so. Jermain Pennant, Alvaro Arbeloa, Lucas Levia and Ryan Babel — I don’t think they are good enough to get Liverpool where they want to go. So should they give him the chance to spend another £40 million (Dhs 290m) and try and get the right players?”

Whelan points to Benitez’s baffling decision to compile a dossier going back four years of Chelsea striker Didier Drogba’s theatrics on the pitch prior to the Champions League clash as an example of strange choices made by the Spaniard.

When the big man from the Ivory Coast scored his first goal of the night from an acute angle to make the score 1-0 (2-1 aggregate), he gleefully ran the length of the touchline to slide in front of the Liverpool bench in celebration.

“People are saying it may have motivated Drogba to score those two goals, but honestly, I don’t think so,”  Whelan says.
      “I don’t think he needed motivation in the semi-final of the Champions League. I really don’t know why Rafa decided to do that before the game. There were plenty of times in the past when he could have done it if he’d wanted to. I don’t think it was a good idea.”

The game saw Chelsea start with an away-goal advantage following the first leg at Anfield when defender John Arne Riise inexplicably tried to head a low-ball clear and found his own net.

With the score tied at 1-1 on aggregate both sides had everything to play for.

Then Drogba’s goal in the first half put a rather flat-looking Liverpool under more pressure with the aggregate score 2-1.
      But the Reds came out fighting after the break with the knowledge that a single goal at Stamford Bridge would put them right back in the fight burned into their minds.

And that goal came 20 minutes into the second half courtesy of nifty footwork from Fernando Torres in the box to level the score 2-2 on aggregate.

With full-time approaching fast, Chelsea defended with all their might aware that another away goal from Liverpool would kill their hopes of reaching a first Champions League final.

Extra-time saw Michael Essien’s joyous celebrations cut short when his bullet-like shot was disallowed for offside but salvation came in the shape of a penalty awarded to the Blues after Sami Hyypia tripped Michael Ballack in the box.

A brave Frank Lampard, grieving the recent death of his mother, stepped forward to slot in a text-book penalty making the score 2-1 to Chelsea (3-2 on aggregate). And less than 10 minutes later, Drogba slotted home another goal to make it 3-1 (4-2).

Refusing to admit defeat, Liverpool kept fighting and Babel, on for Fernando Torres in the second half of extra time, who was apparently suffering a hamstring injury, hit a 30-yard shot which found the top corner.

The game finished 3-2 to Chelsea with the Blues winning 4-3 over the two legs and Liverpool unable to stage a miracle fightback.

Whelan has nothing but praise for the way a grieving Lampard, wearing the black armband of mourning, delivered a sterling performance for his team and took that penalty.

“It shows tremendous bottle to be able to do that,” he says. “When you think about what’s gone on for him and his family. Probably before the game he said to the manager that he wanted to play and do it for his mother, but it takes something extra to step up and take that type of penalty.

“You might have expected him to blast it and hope for the best, but he placed it calmly and that showed great professionalism and presence of mind.”

Chelsea’s win is a result that Whelan, even with all his affinity for Liverpool, believes that Avram Grant’s men richly deserved.

“Chelsea would have been strong enough on the night to take them through to the final anyway, even without that away goal,” he said.

“Liverpool got their away goal too which they felt that they needed and played a lot better in the second half, but Chelsea just seemed to have more conviction.”

With the trophy cabinet sadly bereft of silverware for the 2007-08 season, Whelan says Liverpool’s decision-makers need to think carefully about where they are headed.

“Everything needs to be looked at now,” he says. “We don’t know if the American owners will be there next season or if the Dubai group [Dubai International Capital] will be the new owners.

“Whoever is there will need to decide if they have confidence in Rafa. Personally I don’t.”

And he believes that Liverpool fans, who haven’t been able to celebrate a league title since 1990, won’t care who is in charge providing they spare enough cash to buy new players capable of propelling the club back to their former glory.

“I doubt the supporters will mind who the owner of the club is as long as they are winning trophies. If they give money to the manager and the manager spends it wisely, that’s all the fans care about.”

So if Steven Gerrard et al need a fresh start, whom would Whelan like to see in charge?

“I think Mourinho would be very good,” he says. “Look at the players that he brought to Chelsea. He spent the same amount of money that Rafa did and those players are in the Champions League final now.

“He might be a bit unpopular with some people, but if your team is winning, you don’t care if a few people don’t like your manager,” Whelan said.

Ok, ;D, This is kinda funny... I believe it has been blown out of proportion as usual, but seriously... what if (WHAT IF!) We had won that match against Chelsea... Whelan, regarding the 'dossier on didier', would of said that it was the right thing to do & that the fact that Rafa dug up all that dirt on Drogba made him play rubbish and 'miss opportunities' etc. Personally on the night Lampard played an average game, the penalty was good though, but not exactly a hero, he gets paid however much grand a week for that. Fair doos about losing his mother though because thats awful.

And then regarding Jose, ok fantastic, Sack Rafa & Bring in Jose: What is Whelan trying to say? Jose will buy Drogba, Cole, Malouda, Shevchenko, Ballack, Carvalho etc for Liverpool and then make us win titles & trophies, Never gonna happen is it?

I love this bit: ""Rafa’s not won a trophy this season,” says Whelan, whose own days as a midfielder at Anfield in the 1980s glory years were littered with trophies."" - Ok, ;D, So that means that 20 years later Whelans opinions stand for sh*t. Just because he played and won doesn't mean he made or can make the right decisions regarding building a winning team.

Chelsea were better than us on the night, we got out played I agree. Yes we all had high hopes this season & next season will be no different, but we know this owner thing has gotta be sorted and there are a lot of issues, but I dont believe Rafa is one of them.
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #4: May 09, 2008 09:17:41 am
      I was reading this filth on RAWK, and it's not the first time that Whelan has criticized Rafa. This season I've heard/read Nicol, Smith, Bruce and Whelan all have a pop at Rafa. I respect these players and they're entitled to their opinion, but when they're in public if they don't have anything good to say for the sake of the club they should say sweet f*** all.
      Brown LFC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -34 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2008 10:59:33 am
      I think Ronnie Whelan, Nicol, Bruce, Simth,and other LFC players of the old, have the right to express their opinion about Benitez, because, the standards was set for them by the previous managers at their time of playing for LFC was very high, and it is not the same now under Benitez or even Houlier then, it has very much lowered under those two managers.

Let us face it Benitez management style is bizarre to say the least, his tactics and unusual decisions and choice of using odd players in his team selection, which it has often lacked ambitions, are the main reasons for criticizing Benitez, and I go along with those criticisms, I don’t think he will take LFC further forward despite giving him more money to waste this summer on more average players, if he is allowed to stay!!!., he is negative manager in his own making, it can not be helped, and he is the wrong manager for LFC.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #6: May 09, 2008 11:52:52 am
      I expect many of the former greats to have this attitude.. They played in a successfully Liverpool team AND there of a different generation, their also cynical middle aged men who will always think they know best.. TBH their just fans now with no deeper understanding of the modern game than us really.. Like fans on this boards there occasionally reactionists too.. He's just pissed off we haven't won anything this season..

I may need to do my research but have Raffa and Moureen really spent the same amount of cash?
      If Raffa was allowed to be as aggressive in the market as the other 3 top clubs and have first pickings of Europe's elite players then i too would question him but we all know he has had to make do with less pricey gambles that don't always pay off..

I don't think Chelksi were much better than us over the two legs at all, i just think it was their destiny..
      Lamps played a quiet game but scored the pen for his mum.. Only a situation like that could displace our relationship with the CL that's why i wasn't that bitter..

Oh and everybody can have an opinion but i simply don't agree with Whelans ramblings at all...

IRWT
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #7: May 09, 2008 12:16:47 pm
      Together we rise, united we fall.

I'm sick of the cheap shots played at Rafa through out his career. What the F**k ever happened to loyalty and support in this club? In a season where we should be supporting each other more than any other season, we see former greats come out and bag Rafa with misplaced criticism. FFS is it Rafa's fault Tom Hicks is a tit who jeapordised his job? Is it his fault that while he manages a side, we have our name dragged through the dirt? NO.

And Ryan Babel never going to win us anything? Im sorry but no matter how much of a legend you are, to think this is bang out of order. Ryan is one of the hottest players in Europe and will grow to amazing highs and Whelan says he's worth F**k all? Ronnie, you've lost me on that one mate.

F***ing atrocious to see the sh*t coming out. 'Jermain Pennant, Alvaro Arbeloa, Lucas Levia and Ryan Babel — I don’t think they are good enough to get Liverpool where they want to go.'

If the best young Brazilian and U/20 captain plus one of the biggest prodigies in Europe along with a guy who gets assist upon assist upon assist and the best player up untll Christmas plus Spanish International arent good enough then who, Ronnie? 40 million well bloody spent if you ask me. Forgot to mention Yossi and Nando Ronnie!

Check the facts before having a dig at our manager and a guy leading the club you once played for before opening the gob and making a fool of yourself.

“I think Mourinho would be very good,” he says. “Look at the players that he brought to Chelsea. He spent the same amount of money that Rafa did and those players are in the Champions League final now.' Give me a f***in break! Jose Mourinho spent over double of Rafa's transfer kitty without having to ship players off and he deserves credit for it? Here's some facts Ronnie (!) : Rafa lead the 2005 squad to the crown with one of the worst squads, Rafa lead us to another final only 2 seasons later with a slightly but not massively improved squad, Mourinho not once led Chelsea past the S/F of the CL and because of who? One man, Rafael Benitez.

Time to show some F***ing support in this club and put this season behind us. This is Liverpool, not Newcastle.

:f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: May 09, 2008 02:32:53 pm
      I don't like that comment!...

“Look at the players that he brought to Chelsea. He spent the same amount of money that Rafa did and those players are in the Champions League final now.

With no mention of out of this world wage offers, and of course an owner who could afford to do all of this without having to sell other players on! ::)

If Whelan did say all of this stuff then he is very niave! Plus, he's saying it's Mourhino's doing that Avram Grant has taken Chelsea all the way to Moscow! That's also disrespectful to Grant!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: May 09, 2008 03:18:47 pm
      Anybody else get the feeling Wheelan may have wanted a role at the club, a la Ablett or hopefully soon, Sammy... and it's slightly sour grapes.

I do.

Ronnie what have you managed in your life?

Who the feck are you to be judging a management position at elite level footy...

Got to giggle to be honest...

I.R.W.T.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #10: May 09, 2008 03:23:38 pm
      Rafa spent the same as Mourinho?

This is the problem I have with Whelan and his ilk - total disregarding of the facts. Great player, utter tit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: May 09, 2008 03:38:05 pm
      I have alot of respect for Whelan but he is bang out of order and it is likely to just cause even more media speculation whether Rafa will be in charge or not.

He needs to look at the facts and them right before he goes shooting his mouth off!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: May 09, 2008 04:19:46 pm
      Very very disappointed with Ronnie here. Not only a top ex player for us but a captain! He should know better then to tell the press what is his opinion and hes entitled to it. I have no problem with anyone saying they want Rafa sacked but why come out in public with it. In saying that the way the press have worded it is probably a million miles from what Ronnie was trying to get across. F**kin hate the press 
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: May 09, 2008 05:28:27 pm
      Anybody else get the feeling Wheelan may have wanted a role at the club, a la Ablett or hopefully soon, Sammy... and it's slightly sour grapes.

I do.

Ronnie what have you managed in your life?

Who the feck are you to be judging a management position at elite level footy...

Got to giggle to be honest...

I.R.W.T.

Got to agree with you there Don, sounds like sour grapes to me  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: May 09, 2008 05:53:24 pm
      They had a table up on sky sports the other day saying how much each of the top clubs had spent over the last ten years,
       surprise surprise, Chelsea were way ahead of everyone else on something like 475 million,
      can't remember the exact amount,
       don't know if anyone else saw it and can confirm............. but that's a lot of dosh,
       and they still haven't won the Champions League, yet  :o

Liverpool were in third behind the scum.

Ronnie Whelan I am very disappointed with you mate  :(
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15: May 09, 2008 06:06:44 pm
      Just tuned in to hear the biggest pile of sh*t ever ,even if he has been misquoted he obviously said something along those lines ,great player /captain for us but for fck sake dont abuse our fondness of you big mistake ,aint it funny how a lot of ex players who havn,t had the balls to manage themselves see it fit to rubbish the ones that do,and to say Rafa spent as much as moureen you must be smokiing serious sh*t man.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #16: May 09, 2008 06:31:51 pm
      This isn't unfortunately a first for Ronnie.

He said much the same thing at the height of the JĂźrgen/sack Rafa crisis... (along with another ex-hero of mine, Tommy Smith).

Ronnie if you hear a bang, it's my estimation of you crashing into the ground next to you (sadly from a fairly high level).

I.R.W.T.
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2008 06:33:55 pm by donrafael »
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #17: May 09, 2008 07:07:53 pm
      Here we go again a ex player venting his frustrations,i wonder how well they would have done this season under the circumstances surrounding the off the field problems.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #18: May 09, 2008 07:25:21 pm
      I respect wheelan'S opinion  ,,  But one thing was not mentioned when comparing rafa with mourinho(or chelsea)  That rafa and his squad reached the CL final 2 times in 4 years (winning one in turkey) before chelsea reached it this year  and to add more rafa went to the final at the expence of chelsea and mourinho in the semis
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: May 09, 2008 09:24:32 pm
      Isn't it annoying when ex-legends of football clubs, especially those of Liverpool start slagging off the team?

Calling for Rafa to be sacked was just uncalled for. He has done a very good job, he has completely transformed the team and he will become successful, if only people don't start calling for his head and owners don't secretly hold meetings with people that could replace him. He needs time, he will deliver the goods. Just have faith.

YNWA
      IRWT
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #20: May 09, 2008 09:41:12 pm
      Very disappointed to read this and like Don says this is not the first time Whelan has come out and criticised Rafa.Although he is not alone as a lot of ex players have criticised him over recent months.

The most disappointing thing is a lot of what he is saying is simply not true.He talks about the amount of money the Americans have provided for transfers, without going into detail most fans of the club and sensible analysts know this to be untrue as Rafa has recouped the vast majority of money spent since they took over. Also I would argue that it was their money as the amount spent should have been earned through revenues.

“But he obviously didn’t get the right players — the results say so. Jermain Pennant, Alvaro Arbeloa, Lucas Levia and Ryan Babel — I don’t think they are good enough to get Liverpool where they want to go.

No mention of Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Skrtel, Reina etc. Also Pennant, Lucas and Arbeloa have been mostly squad players this yearand in my opinion are able back up players with Lucas in particular showing promise to be a very good player in the future.As for Babel I've even heard Andy Gray saying he is going to be a hell of a player and we know he doesn't like to dish out praise to us that easily!!

This is quite simply a ridiculous statement as Chelsea have spent far more than us in recent times on players and are also probably paying out even more in wages. I can't believe that he thinks Rafa has spent the same amount of money as Mourinho did at Chelsea. If he had those resources then why were we looking for investment into the club.

He may have been mis quoted but I don't think so. I feel it is yet another former player with some sort of agenda against Rafa, or maybe feels some personal greivance with the club in general
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21: May 09, 2008 09:43:19 pm
      I dont see how he beleives that

a) this will help matters at liverpool
      b) his comments will have any impact on the security of rafas job

this was a pointess outburst in my opinion
      redbill
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -4 
      Reply #22: May 09, 2008 09:58:18 pm
       :aaliverpool2xt1: