Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked

Read 16920 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked
      Reply #115: Nov 02, 2009 05:02:51 pm
      Good to see a former player talking sense, even though he aknowledges results have not been going our way, he has the fore sight to see that injuries etc have had a lot to play in it...Unlike a Mr Welan who calls for the gaffers head as soon as we get a few dodgy results and then sells his story to the red top rag we don't speak of.

Well In Davey boy :)
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #116: Nov 02, 2009 05:04:23 pm
      Hodgson not writing Reds off
      Roy Hodgson isn't writing Liverpool out of the title race just yet.

Liverpool have already lost five league games this season. However, Hodgson, who's Fulham side inflicted defeat number five on Saturday, believes the Reds are too good to write off just yet.

"You never know. They are a very good team, very well organised. They have some very good players and are unlucky at the moment that their talisman Steven Gerrard isn't playing and [Fernando] Torres isn't 100 per cent fit and has to be nursed through the games," said the Cottagers' boss.

"But I can see them going on a really good run when they win seven, eight, nine games in a row and if that was to coincide with one or two defeats for the other top teams they would soon be up there again.

"With a quarter of the season gone it is very early to be writing anybody off. I remember not so long ago Manchester United were lingering in the middle of the table almost halfway through the season and went on to win it."
      http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=470931

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #117: Nov 02, 2009 05:04:33 pm
      Now there's a legend who speaks sense.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #118: Nov 02, 2009 05:20:20 pm
      Whelan has always being against Rafa, this isn't a new thing, he has being niggling away for the last few years even after we have won games. To listen to him you would think he was an Ex-United player. Maybe he wants Rafa sacked as he has his eye on the job :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #119: Nov 02, 2009 05:27:48 pm
      Former Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann says Reds boss Rafael Benitez is the right man to turn their fortunes around despite six defeats in seven games.

Hamman, who played under Benitez at Anfield, has dismissed suggestions that the Spaniard should be sacked.

"People calling for Rafa's head are being very premature," Hamann told BBC Sport. "He has been there five years and has improved them every season.

"Rafa has got everything a top-class manager needs, he will turn it around."

Anothe Liverpool legend giving Rafa his backing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #120: Nov 02, 2009 05:29:17 pm
      Ronnie Whelan is a former LFC captain who was at the club about 15 years. Anyone questioning his loyalty should remember that's three times longer than Rafa's been around. And he won a shedload of trophies, something that can't be said about the current manager.

I'm tired of excuses. Success is not coming 2nd-4th, or winning the odd cup. It's winning the Premier League, then winning it again.  At least Ronnie has done that.

One of the first things I stated was that what he achieved does not come under question. Do we only respect people now who have won leagues and does it mean they are always right?

Why does he say one thing on Irish tv but on LFCtv hes the perfect ex red? And stating that he wished he had played for utd and scoring an own goal at old trafford was a great feeling!! Nice one Ronnie. Go f**k himself in my eyes 
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #121: Nov 02, 2009 05:32:34 pm
      F**k off Whelan, you dirty F***ing manc scum.

No time for him at all. Served this club well, but after that he should at least feel some sort of affinity to the club, rather than just slate, slate and slate.
      I wish he'd shut the F**k up.
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #122: Nov 02, 2009 05:34:10 pm
      Ronnie Whelan - what a c**t!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #123: Nov 02, 2009 05:35:02 pm

Keep it short and simple  :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #124: Nov 02, 2009 05:35:20 pm
      Bloody hell! Don't mince your words Daryl will you? :D

My apologies I was a little annoyed :)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #125: Nov 02, 2009 06:11:08 pm
      To be perfectly honest when i see this sort of heading in a paper i can't be a*sed to read it,gets right on my tits how people and ex- players see us as fair game to have a pop at us ,so to all those who do this sensationalised criticisms ...B*****S TO YOU ..WE DESERVE BETTER !!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #126: Nov 02, 2009 06:52:11 pm
      Ronnie, to say so much about so little really shows your bias, you give no answers as to why Mourinho would be better, other than Rafa spent as much as Mourinho, we know that's a lie but obviously, you don't.

Here is a quick guide to how much Mourinho spent in the 3 seasons he was there. Money Mourinho spent was 199mill. Money for selling players 46mill. That is in the three year period he was there. He spent 153 mill when you take away the players he sold.. You said Rafa spent as much over the same period, even with the money Rafa spent it always had to be balanced with players out. Get the point Ronnie.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #127: Nov 02, 2009 07:04:01 pm
      I am suprised at Whelen has come out and said these things,just when we need all of us to stick together as a club he comes out with this crap.Go and join the many knockers of our club but don't forget to come back and apologise when Rafa sticks your comments down your throat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #128: Nov 02, 2009 10:57:26 pm
      2nd time he has opened his mouth when he should have kept his opinions to himself!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #129: Nov 02, 2009 11:06:26 pm
      Blow it out of your arse Ronnie.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #130: Nov 02, 2009 11:12:02 pm
      He says Rafa wants to qualify to the next round instead of beating Fulham. But thats the priority. If we don't qualify we dont have any money! Bring in a sheik and it will be much easier to focus on football rather than money.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #131: Nov 02, 2009 11:27:16 pm
      He says Rafa wants to qualify to the next round instead of beating Fulham. But thats the priority. If we don't qualify we dont have any money! Bring in a sheik and it will be much easier to focus on football rather than money.
      Exactly its not Rafa's priority its the clubs priority,He took of Torres because he was injured.If we dont qualify for the Champions League group stages we will be forced to dell of our assets.That means Torres, Gerrard,Reina just to balance the books.

But to hear this from a former ledgend is very disheartening.I have only had the luxury of going to 3 Liverpool times,and i can say i understand our club,what its all about how many clubs would you hear singing YNWA after a game like the fulham game on Saturday.But this muppet isn't clued in at all someone should really point out to him what happens to our club if we fail to win on wendsday  .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #132: Nov 02, 2009 11:36:14 pm
      I'm under strong suspicion that the owners value Champions League money over the Premier League.

As the leaked documents the other week revealed - Liverpool's continued operation as a football club is dependant over the next 7-8 years from bringing in around £20M from Europe per year.  If Rafa doesn't continue to deliver European money then the club will be in 'Leeds' style financial danger with a real risk of going in to administration.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #133: Nov 02, 2009 11:42:14 pm
      I'm under strong suspicion that the owners value Champions League money over the Premier League.

I said a similar thing myself to Shay this morning JD.

To be honest Shay even if it is the case of the Champions League being put before the league, I have a sneaky feeling this would be dictated to Rafa by H&G and Purslow as the Standard Chartered deal is heavily reliant on Champions league football to see the full benefits, also H&G's financial plan with their 5 year exit strategy is heavily reliant on Champions League football so that in its self would lend weight to that argument.

Back on Topic.... Sotirios should never have been signed the owners should have given Rafa the backing in the market to buy an able replacement not some one who makes an aged Sami Hyppia look as pacey as Torres over 10 yards.
      Kop-Cnut
      • Forum David Johnson

• 228 posts |
      Reply #134: Nov 02, 2009 11:55:42 pm

As the leaked documents the other week revealed - Liverpool's continued operation as a football club is dependant over the next 7-8 years from bringing in around £20M from Europe per year.  If Rafa doesn't continue to deliver European money then the club will be in 'Leeds' style financial danger with a real risk of going in to administration.

I think thats the fear that we all have except it could be worse than Leeds.As soon as them cu*ts have to pay a penny out of their own pockets they'l flog it to the highest bidder ! Liverpool FC primary objective is to make money and that cant be right. How have we let LFC come to this !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #135: Nov 02, 2009 11:58:10 pm

As the leaked documents the other week revealed - Liverpool's continued operation as a football club is dependant over the next 7-8 years from bringing in around £20M from Europe per year.  If Rafa doesn't continue to deliver European money then the club will be in 'Leeds' style financial danger with a real risk of going in to administration.

It's been mentioned but if the club is not generating the monies it is of no use to the parasitic Americans and will cease to be an asset, of course the implications this situation involves are extreme but who amongst us could have countenanced the dire choices that face the club now, as the man said there's no gain without pain and while the prospect of administration is too horrifying to contemplate there might be some light at the end of it. Not pleasant subject matter but all possibilities have to be considered we may not have the luxury of choice.
      maxpinay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #136: Nov 03, 2009 03:23:30 am
      Can't the man shut it? Some people just don't know where and when to open their mouth. Shame on you Mr. Whelan.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #137: Nov 03, 2009 04:00:43 am
      Ronnie has always been one of my favourite players.
      Always a sad moment in a man's life when you realise that one of your heroes is mentally retarded

Quick Reply