Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked

Read 16918 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Ronnie Whelan wants Rafa sacked
      Reply #161: Jan 14, 2010 12:55:07 pm
      Former Liverpool captain Ronnie Whelan has called for the club to axe manager Rafael Benitez.

Pressure on the Spaniard increased on Wednesday night as Liverpool were dumped out of the FA Cup by Championship strugglers Reading in a third-round replay at Anfield.

Liverpool, one of the pre-season title favourites, have endured a difficult campaign having also slipped out of contention in the Barclays Premier League and been knocked out of the Champions League.

Whelan, who made 493 appearances for the Reds and captained them in their 1989 FA Cup final win, believes the team now need a new direction.

The ex-Republic of Ireland international, 48, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The way Liverpool have been playing, they have not been good. They have lost 10 of the last 20 games.

"He should have gone a long time ago. They have got to do it now.

"Do they bring in someone until the end of the season? Kenny Dalglish is back at the football club. Could he do it until the end of the season and see what happens?"

Another former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland midfielder, Jason McAteer, admits Liverpool can have no excuses for their latest embarrassment.

Reading did need a late penalty to claim an equaliser but they went on to secure a deserved 2-1 victory after extra time with a Shane Long winner.

McAteer told LFC TV: "Sometimes you just can't defend that kind of performance. It was poor.

"Liverpool just didn't really create anything and to be fair the better team won on the night."

Liverpool were weakened by the absences of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres for the majority of the game after the key pair were both forced off with injury.

McAteer now has serious concerns for the team should their talismanic captain and star striker face time out.

He said: "They are the two players who can create something out of absolutely nothing, they can produce a bit of magic.

"You just look around the team and when those two are not there, who is going to create that bit of magic? Where is that bit of leadership and quality?"
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #162: Jan 14, 2010 02:26:14 pm
      Let Whelan take charge of the club then.

We'll be relegated by May if he does. c**t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #163: Jan 14, 2010 03:01:55 pm
      Ronnie Whelan - great player for us, but he's a cheeky tw*t, never ever goes on about his own spectacular managerial record in England or Greece does he?

Thought McAteer spoke quite well on SSN before.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #164: Jan 14, 2010 03:19:19 pm
      This topic kicked off in May 2008 with the F***ing crank making the same noises as he is now-he's done less than F**k all in that time  or anytime so why should anyone listen to him?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #165: Jan 14, 2010 04:39:39 pm
      He has allways wantes Raffa out
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #166: Jan 14, 2010 07:12:06 pm
      Lest we forget Ronnie is a total liverpool legend same as souness. Cant understand why if they disagree with Rafas plans that they should be slagged off when they have brought more success to this club than rafa has in his time.

In 20 years when Stevies on Espn saying how the latest liverpool bunch cant cut it everyone will be one here saying hes a knob. They were massive winners with this club and could show our current lot a thing or 2.

Think ex players deserve our respect and have rights to their opinions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #167: Jan 14, 2010 07:49:18 pm
      Lest we forget Ronnie is a total liverpool legend same as souness. Cant understand why if they disagree with Rafas plans that they should be slagged off when they have brought more success to this club than rafa has in his time.

In 20 years when Stevies on Espn saying how the latest liverpool bunch cant cut it everyone will be one here saying hes a knob. They were massive winners with this club and could show our current lot a thing or 2.

Players yes, but both were sh*te as managers.

I'll say this though for a foreign bloke, at least Rafa knows NEVER to speak to the s*n, could Souness say the same?

I've never slagged Souness about his playing days - will always be one of our best captains, but as a manager and a person - his opinions are worth F**k-all!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #168: Jan 14, 2010 11:58:14 pm
      Like Souness, he can't keep his trap shut!

For god sake support Rafa not call for his head.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #169: Jan 15, 2010 12:00:04 am
      I love the way all the media are quoting Ronnie Whelan in their articles but not quoting John Aldridge who said it would be foolish to get rid of them.

Selective journalism from the media once again.

In fact it's not journalism.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #170: Jan 15, 2010 12:00:19 am
      I never thought Ronnie Whelan's mouth could be any bigger than his belly. Rotund f**ker's managed it though.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #171: Jan 15, 2010 12:05:32 am

Legend my arse.How long has it taken him to forget the way we behave at Liverpool.He's in it for the money that controversy brings,so do one you are a weakest link.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #172: Jan 15, 2010 12:05:36 am
      How do these people get a job? There is no skill whatsoever involved in sitting there and offering an extreme opinion. I can do that. Anyone on this forum can do that.

Here is my extreme opinion....Ronnie Whelan is a c**t.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #173: Jan 15, 2010 12:11:40 am
      Ronnie Whelan is a Manc - FACT
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #174: Jan 15, 2010 12:14:13 am

Come on, playing for Liverpool doesn't make you untouchable. You have to live the Liverpool way, and these cu*ts are not. I will never knock the playing days, but at the moment they are fair game. That would be like saying you can't knock an ex girlfriend of yours, just because you dated her.

Well one of my ex girlfriends is a pill popping c**t who I wish I hadnt got so drunk and fu**ed her the night I met her. So there :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 12:20:13 am by bigvYNWA »
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #175: Jan 15, 2010 01:15:54 am
      it's clear whelan wants this job so much.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #176: Jan 15, 2010 01:33:06 am
      he wa sa decent player, but his opinions are managment skills are sh*te and cnt beleive he took a interview with the scum
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #177: Jan 15, 2010 01:58:02 am
      he wa sa decent player, but his opinions are managment skills are sh*te and cnt beleive he took a interview with the scum

If you can even walk into the Old Toilet after being a RED nothing can be taken seriously.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #178: Jan 15, 2010 09:36:41 am
      Well one of my ex girlfriends is a pill popping c**t who I wish I hadn't got so drunk and fu**ed her the night I met her. So there :D

Excellent comment.... :laugh:

Most of the articles in the press slagging LFC contain an email address of the writer. Now they probably have a junior to go through emails but what if we as members of this forum email these fuckers our thoughts but constructive ones not abusive ones.

There are plenty of very informed posters on here who can put across a very good argument.

It may not achieve much but is it worth a go...? One abusive email back could get these fuckers the wrong publicity as Hicks Junior.....

Clutching at straws probably but is there another way.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #179: Jan 17, 2010 08:49:24 pm

Ronnie Whelan plotting Rafa's Downfall
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #180: Jan 17, 2010 08:53:49 pm
      it's clear whelan wants this job so much.
      Like to see him do the job, easy to spout words, but doing the job with the presssures of the media two useless bosses and no money easy eh! Ronnie
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #181: Jan 17, 2010 09:38:33 pm
      IMO Ronnie shouldn't be running his mouth like that. Yes he's entitled to his opinion but to publically run his mouth about Rafa the way he has is way over the line. The job that Rafa has done for us is absolutely fantastic taking all things in to account. We are having a really difficult time of things right now and Rafa and the boys are under enough pressure as it is without Whelan spouting his poison everywhere. Keep it to yourself Ronnie we don't want to hear it!

Quick Reply