Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

£10mil for Ronaldinho

Read 1918 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      £10mil for Ronaldinho
      May 24, 2008 10:20:47 am
      How true it is im not sure but apparantly Man City have spoken to Rons agent about a £10 mil move to manchester.
      I know alot of you beleive hes past his best and to some point I tend to agree .

But for £10 million does anyone think we should express an interest in him after all hes only 28?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: £10mil for Ronaldinho
      Reply #1: May 24, 2008 10:24:58 am
      There is no way even in a Roy of the Rovers comic he would goto City. Its a pipe dream, he may only be 10 mill but will want 200 grand a week wages. Tis too cold for him here way too cold and I think he knows the physcality of our game doesnt suit his style.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: May 24, 2008 12:04:05 pm
      Yea i think if he did come over he would try all tricks and flicks and then he'd come up against some stoke defender straight off the building site and basically get... mauled, for lack of a better word. then shyly retire into a corner and join his other fallen brazilians ronaldo and rivaldo. Well thats what i think anyway :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: May 24, 2008 03:02:36 pm
      £10m for him seems a bargain, but as said his wages would be huge, and it would be a big gamble.
      He's never played in the EPL so what would he be like? I suspect so-so.
      28 and now injury prone, how's old Owen, would you want him (back)?
      As we are a developing team with new players being moulded in to what Rafa wants, then, well you can not teach an old dog new tricks, and he may upset the apple cart.
      If we were Chelsea with money to burn, Anelka £15m and sits on the bench for example, then yes go for it, but we are not, so let him go to City, but I feel as said in another thread he will go to a team with Nike as there shirt sponsor.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: May 24, 2008 04:34:47 pm
      You would think you can make the money back in shirt sales and exposure. Sure he isn't the best player in the world right now but his ugly mug is still known by many people all over the world.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: May 24, 2008 04:41:47 pm
      Just bought him on Fifa.

He does look good in the LFC 10 shirt.  ::)

There is no way even in a Roy of the Rovers comic he would goto City. Its a pipe dream, he may only be 10 mill but will want 200 grand a week wages. Tis too cold for him here way too cold and I think he knows the physcality of our game doesnt suit his style.

I agree Prag.  We'll see how it pans out in the end.  I think he'll end up abroad.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #6: May 25, 2008 08:41:55 am
      It'll be shocking to hear that Ronaldhino was sold for 10 million. I think he would go for much more.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #7: May 25, 2008 03:49:08 pm
      Man City? ;D.

Honestly, if I was a former World Player of the Year, a World Cup Champion, why would I choose to go to Manchester bloody City?

That Thai owner is a joke.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #8: May 25, 2008 04:33:29 pm
      Yes, he bought the wrong team!

Quick Reply