Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Adam Hammill

Read 1658 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Adam Hammill
      May 29, 2008 05:17:36 pm
      Looks like there is some clubs interested in getting him on loans

Charlton and Plymouth are set to battle it out for the services of Liverpool winger Adam Hammill who is available on loan.

Hammill is back at Anfield following a loan spell at Southampton last season but he is set to be shipped out again and both Charlton and Plymouth are in the hunt to land the 20-year-old.

Addicks boss Alan Pardew knows he needs to get Charlton back into the Premiership next season and is hoping to draft in the players to get them there, while his Pilgrims counterpart Paul Sturrock is targeting the play-offs.

Preston and Wolves are also said to be keeping tabs on Hammill's situation.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/739258.html

Well hope there will be more of the young kids going out on loan to the championship sides like Spearing, Anderson, Darby, San Jose etc.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Adam Hammill
      Reply #1: May 29, 2008 06:23:13 pm
      I think we should bring him back to play a role on the wing, he seems like a great winger and runs at his marker in matches which is something we need. I have a feeling rafa's looking to sell him and anderson soon for some reason.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: May 29, 2008 06:54:35 pm
      I dont think Hammill has a future does he? Another loan suggests Rafa doesnt believe that Adam is ready or good enough. The only way I believe you can tell if a player has what it takes is to send them out on the pitch and see what they can do. I cant see Hammill or Anderson for that matter getting that chance
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: May 29, 2008 07:26:30 pm
      Another loan suggests Rafa doesnt believe that Adam is ready or good enough.

I'd say he probably doesn't believe he's ready, but not so sure about the good enough bit, if Rafa really thought that surely he'd just sell him?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: May 30, 2008 03:46:54 am
      I'd say he probably doesn't believe he's ready, but not so sure about the good enough bit, if Rafa really thought that surely he'd just sell him?

True but at the same time you could look at Le tallec he still hasnt been sold.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: May 30, 2008 05:08:12 am
      Sadly for him, i dont think he will get a chance here. Let the likes of Anderson, Carson, Le Talec and Hamill just move on permanently instead of forcing them to move to here, there and everywhere to prove a point they are good enough when clearly they are not needed here.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #6: May 30, 2008 05:15:27 am
      I think the problem is that a lot of club would rather have him on loan and if they play good enough then look into buying them and if they suck then good buy and they won't be stuck with them, really a no loss situation for these clubs as you can see Le Tallac has been thrown around because where ever he seems to go he never impresses enough so he winds up here and then you have Sinma-Pongolle who did very well in Spain and then was sold as a result of a great loan spell.

I do believe that there should be players on loan to lower league sides because you have to think there is a point where you need to play in a game environment which means something rather than playing in the reserves.

I guess it can be seen as a tricky balance with if you should keep players here to learn and train at a top facility or go somewhere else and get proper games under your belt and experience.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2008 09:42:59 am
      The thing that makes it clear is that they are the type of player we are lacking, wingers who attack their markers. I do think rafa places little faith in our youngsters at times, anderson had a great season last year 10 goals from the wing is a pretty impressive figure for a youngster even though it was in the championship. He was one of our most promising youth players and its a shame he wont get a chance, same goes for hammill, another stong wing player but just doesnt seem like he will get the chance. Anderson prefers playing on the left aswell which could come in very handy but rafa wont give him a chance. I think we must be one of the hardest teams to break into the first team from being a reserve player and with us not spending that much money you would think it would be easier than teams like manure and chelscum who just buy buy buy.

I didnt expect to see them break into the first team when rafa sold pongolle though, he was a good player in my opinion his goal against betis was fantastic but that signalled that he didnt want many of the reserve players we had then. We should either keep them at the club and let them try and break into the first team or sell them, its not fair to make them think they may have a future with the club if they wont, just be upfront with them its not fair to give them false hope.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: May 30, 2008 11:25:54 am
      True but at the same time you could look at Le tallec he still hasnt been sold.

We've tried to sell Tony on quite a few occassions though, he just couldn't agree a contract, greedy b***ard >:(

Quick Reply