Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Andrea Dossena (Liverpool to Napoli)

Read 91414 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #598: Mar 17, 2009 08:02:08 am
      Give the man his due ,he likes to get forward and he got two very good goals against Real Madrid And Man United.In all honesty he was an improvement on Riera against United.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #599: Mar 17, 2009 11:15:05 am
      You got to hand it to Rafa, he had us all going when he said he signed a left-back!

With Riera struggling and Babel still inconsistent I think Dossena can really challenge for the left-wing position and these goals would have done wonders for his confidence.

I think Left back should be insua and aurelio, left mid's riera and dossena and right mids kuyt and babel :). I would like to see dossena played in the attacking midfield role more often he has shone in recent performances. Now we might actually see him play well, he's clearly more of a left mid.
      inbir316
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #600: Mar 17, 2009 01:15:34 pm
      i agree with someone stating riera giving the ball away too much, the guy is good dont get me wrong but hes winding me up alot recently. too busy falling over, but dossena for me zero to hero in 180 mins and long may he prosper with a liverbird on his chest
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #601: Mar 17, 2009 03:12:46 pm
      "Compared to last season, I have changed my position - I have gone back 20 metres," http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163641090317-1028.htm

Explains it all really, who said we bought a left back? ;D

I hope he grows even more in confidence, let's put him 40 metres up...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #602: Mar 18, 2009 05:15:46 am
      I hope he grows even more in confidence, let's put him 40 metres up...

I suppose he'd win all the aerial balls, but wouldn't the stilts hinder his first touch?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #603: Mar 18, 2009 12:37:45 pm
      Dossena's finally finding his role in the team, still a long way to go, but he's getting there, those two goals will have boosted his confidence no end.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #604: Mar 18, 2009 01:31:55 pm
      Their was one particular game where Dosena got a real roasting from a wingman, (can't remember which game) but that day I thought Dosena is finished at Anfield, he'll never recover from such a roasting.

At the time he had not played that well in any game he had played in. Like all good pro's he kept going and trying, and for long periods he sat on the subs bench. 

He got his chance which was mainly in a subs role at first,but slowly he played in full games and he improved out of recognition to the player that came here even though he cost a bit.

In the last month he has played in full games and as yet he has never let us down again, in fact if anything he has improved and he now looks like he is ready to fight for his place.

I never thought the guy would get back into Rafa's thinking again, and now he is fighting for a place and he deserves it with his performances of late. Well done Andrea keep it going.........
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #605: Mar 18, 2009 06:53:19 pm
      Still not convinced I'm afraid.
      Yes, he scored against 2 massive clubs, but really, can he really have turned into a super new player that wows us all every week?
      I really do hope that he comes good, but I'm not going to kiss his boots just yet.......
      Kawklee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -3 
      Reply #606: Mar 18, 2009 07:14:53 pm
      Use Babel as a sub striker, and Dossenna as a sub winger.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #607: Apr 04, 2009 11:12:01 pm
      Not often I praise our Italian number 2 but F**k me he was good today, bit disappointed to see him taken off - probably the first time I've said that all season. Looked dangerous and put a few decent balls in the box, he and Insua linked up well.

Last few weeks have made it plainly obvious that he's a much better left winger than left back. Leave Insua and Aurelio to fight for that spot and Riera and Dossena for the left wing.
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #608: Apr 04, 2009 11:20:55 pm
      He did alright today and I think his confidence is building. He definitely had 2 clear chances on goal and I think he is starting to grow into a good winger with pace and ball placement.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #609: Apr 04, 2009 11:23:03 pm
      Last few weeks have made it plainly obvious that he's a much better left winger than left back.

He's probably better in every other position than left back.  He's a terrible defender.

Anyway he had a good game., not a great game. Some decent crosses.  Wouldn't be dismayed to see Riera back on Wednesday.

Probably got battered on the bus by Skrtel for getting in the way of his shot.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #610: Apr 04, 2009 11:24:51 pm
      Looks like he may not turn out to be a flop after all.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #611: Apr 04, 2009 11:33:39 pm
      He was okay, got into good position but seems to lack the final ball or finishing touch. I don't think he made that much of a impressive game to consider him for a start on Wednesday
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #612: Apr 04, 2009 11:35:07 pm
      This boy was good today again, i do agree he is a poor defender in the premier league. According to my mates who are seria A followers, they say he is a decent defender too but PL n Serie A are 2 different leagues.

Like someone said before he is the one who will be fighting for the left wing position with Reira.....
      I think Insua/Dossena partnership will be 1 and other other will be Aurelio/Reina who we know already have established to be great pair.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #613: Apr 04, 2009 11:36:57 pm
      He was okay, got into good position but seems to lack the final ball or finishing touch. I don't think he made that much of a impressive game to consider him for a start on Wednesday

i think the idea was to give insua/dossena experiment a go. i doubt aurelio was injured today, rafa was saving him and reira for wednesday. it is good to rotate, keeps them all equally happy
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #614: Apr 04, 2009 11:53:01 pm
      He definitely looks like a person that can play a role on the left wing and contribute goals.  Its now 2 subs and a start with 2 goals and two stopped by the cross bar at the end of the day we do need goals especially in the run in to not soley rely on the goals of Torres and Gerrard.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #615: Apr 05, 2009 12:02:18 am
      dossena really stepped up to the plate today. he is starting to feel he can play at this level
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #616: Apr 05, 2009 12:16:35 am
      Dossena is starting to understand his team mates more and getting used to the pace of the prem. Decent performance today. See Stevie give him a bollocking for a wayward pass, and then goes and passes to a white shirt himself. Even the best make mistakes, Dosser is looking better, especially left mid and not left back. I was slagging him off a while back but as I always say, credit where credit's due. Keep it up lad.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #617: Apr 05, 2009 03:48:09 am
      i am starting to like him.

the good thing is that Riera now knows that he has got to step it up a gear if he is going to keep his place...which can only be a good thing as he was starting to look a bit lackadaisical.

now we know we can use Dossena, or Riera or Babel or Aurelio at left mid with Aurelio or Insua at left back. Man, that is a strong left side. It has kind of crept up on us, hasn't it? This time last year the left side looked pitiful. Anyone missing Harry Kewell anymore?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #618: Apr 05, 2009 03:52:47 am
      I thought he was good, not great. A few of his balls were terrible but some were good.

I think Rafa timed it perfectly to bring on Babel and in the end, he delivered that ball in to the box.
      radya
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #619: Apr 05, 2009 04:06:25 am
      quite nice game that dossena have last night.. and once again i really love him played as Left midfielder not as left back.. he have some potential there.. :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #620: Apr 05, 2009 07:23:46 am
      He was good could have bagged himself a brace yesterday.

I agree the best thing to come out of this is Riera having to fight a little bit harder for his place now.

Quick Reply