Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool V Man U

Read 30734 times
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Re: Liverpool V Man U
      Reply #115: Sep 11, 2008 04:03:03 pm
      by the way those manc cnuts will be singing our song on sat"champions of Europe" thats not going to be nice :mad:, hope we can beat the scum and give ourselves a fantastic boost for the rest of the season. :boxing:
      I will be in the Anny road end right next to the United fans for this one. I pray the lads give us an inspirational performance, they have got to be massively up for this. I am so pumped up for this one, a win would give us so much belief and our title credentials so much credence. God I can't wait, Come on reds.
      Lets get massively behind them and make a red hot midday atmosphere and get one over on them. The confidence boost from a win here would be priceless especially as Rafa has drew a blank against United so far in his time here. The thought of defeat would be so deflating and of course have a massive adverse effect on any dreams we have about ending our 18 year exile from our rightful position.

They can sing "Champion of Europe" all they want, they are still in our shadow in both League titles and European cups and I feel that each and every Manc are so envious of everything that Liverpool Football Club stand for. Liverpool is a club with a massive history and identity and supporters of the reds warm to that and have an enormous sense of belonging. They hate our anthem (YNWA) and the only reason for this is they see what a great atmosphere it creates both before during and after games come win loss or draw!.

Lets get the right result on Saturday and use it as a massive platform to bring back the Holy Grail in May, I can't watch United get level on 18 with us in May so lets do something about it while its still in our own hands. Come On Red Men!...
      Mario91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #116: Sep 11, 2008 04:33:04 pm
      Last night I was dreamiing the match against united and we beat them 4 - 0 with goals of Benayoun ,Kuyt and 2-Gerrard :).
      The previous year before the match against mancs at Anfield I was dreaming again (2 days before the match):) and ronaldo scored twice for them and they beat us 2-0 in my dream. After that in the real match they beat us 0-1 and Tevez scored.
      So I think and hope that we will beat them 2-0(Babel and Alonso) in Saturday :)
      Sorry for the bad English.
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #117: Sep 11, 2008 05:24:31 pm
      security will be stepped up at anfield on saturday, if the mancs start singing our songs these lads are under orders to shoot the cnuts
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 893 
      Reply #118: Sep 11, 2008 05:57:02 pm
      ^ lols... nice pic! probaly taken from a pakistani cricket stadium
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Any Word On Gerrard and Nando Fitness?
      Reply #119: Sep 11, 2008 08:36:17 pm
      Hey fellas, I am trying to gain more confidence ahead of the beautiful game that is right around the corner with Manure and I wanted to know if anyone knows anything new with torres and stevie....  will they be back? is it day to day?  Come on boys get well soon...and I mean SOON!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #120: Sep 11, 2008 08:39:48 pm
      Hey fellas, I am trying to gain more confidence ahead of the beautiful game that is right around the corner with Manure and I wanted to know if anyone knows anything new with torres and stevie....  will they be back? is it day to day?  Come on boys get well soon...and I mean SOON!

MsGerrard posted an article from yesterdays Echo mate:

GERRARD COULD RETURN FOR UNITED CLASH

Liverpool Echo 10 September 2008 

Steven Gerrard is set to hand Rafa Benitez a huge boost - by giving himself every chance of featuring against Manchester United on Saturday. 

The Liverpool captain will return to full training in the next few days and should he come through that with no ill effects, his chances of facing United will increase dramatically.

It is less than two weeks since Gerrard underwent double groin surgery and as recently as last weekend, he was forced to reluctantly admit defeat in his battle to be fit for the visit of Liverpool’s biggest rivals.

But his rehabilitation programme has gone much better than expected since then and he is now fit enough to join in with his team mates as they prepare for their biggest Premier League game of the season so far.

Gerrard now stands a realistic chance of being involved in Saturday’s lunchtime showdown with the reigning champions, although the final decision as to whether or not he plays will rest with manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez, though, remains cautious about Gerrard’s chances of figuring against Alex Ferguson’s side and will not risk him unless he is 100% convinced he has totally shaken off the after effects of two groin operations in the space of two days.

“You never know, he is still progressing,” said the Reds boss.

“The key is the fitness of the player – it makes a massive difference if he has confidence. That is the main thing for him.”

Privately, Benitez is delighted with Gerrard’s much faster than expected recovery and remains hopeful his skipper will be able to line up against United.

He has similar hopes for Fernando Torres who suffered a hamstring injury in Liverpool’s last league game against Aston Villa eleven days ago.

Torres was initially ruled out for up to three weeks after limping off at Villa Park but, like Gerrard, his recovery has been much quicker than originally anticipated and the Spanish striker is now also in with a shout of facing United.

Having not defeated United in the league in his time as Liverpool manager, Benitez will be keen to roll out his big guns for Saturday’s game but he insists he will only do so if he is totally convinced they are ready for what is likely to be a typically high octane encounter.

And even if he is forced to do without his star duo, the Reds boss insists he has enough quality in his squad to cope with their loss.

He added: “It is a difficult situation because both players are working very hard with the physios but we still do not know if they will be ready because they have not played for 10-15 days.

“But it is important to remember that we have enough quality in the squad whatever happens.

“Sometimes other players can give you more than the big names because they feel they have something to prove.

“Obviously, though, it would be better for us if Stevie and Fernando are available to play.” 
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #121: Sep 11, 2008 08:41:44 pm
      Okay good deal....Thanks...COME ON BOYS!!!! This is the turning point right here!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #122: Sep 11, 2008 08:49:03 pm
      Good news about Gerrard and Torres although I still feel they may be back too soon if they do start and if anything we should just put them on after the hour.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #123: Sep 11, 2008 09:02:23 pm
      Good news about Gerrard and Torres although I still feel they may be back too soon if they do start and if anything we should just put them on after the hour.

Absolutely mate. Don't rush players back no matter the opposition.

I would hate for either of them to have their injuries come back to haunt them, especially if it happened against the scum!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #124: Sep 11, 2008 09:17:20 pm

I would hate for either of them to have their injuries come back to haunt them, especially if it happened against the scum!

Exactally as united, more than anyone will make sure they are straight out again!
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2008 09:31:05 pm by AJ »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #125: Sep 11, 2008 09:29:10 pm

To be honest I think I'd rather they 'didn't play'.

No point rushing them back when we could lose both of them for much longer. 

Playing without them might galvanise more of a team ethic amongst the players. Thoughts?
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #126: Sep 11, 2008 09:33:31 pm
      I agree  dont rush them back,you seen what happened Alonso last season,and Gerrard this,especially playing him in pre season friendlies.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #127: Sep 11, 2008 09:37:03 pm
      To be honest I think I'd rather they 'didn't play'.

No point rushing them back when we could lose both of them for much longer. 

Playing without them might galvanise more of a team ethic amongst the players. Thoughts?

Yea but it could also cost us big time as the team has been re shuffled and there are going to be the likes of Keane, Dossena and Riera who will need time to adjust to the style of play that separates Masch, Reina, Carra and Alonso from the rest of the prem super stars, on the other hand it could well help in creating this bond between the team so we'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess!
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #128: Sep 11, 2008 09:50:39 pm
                    reina
             skrtel carra agger
         arbeloa              dossena
                 masch alonso
              keane         riera/babel/kuyt/yossi
                        torres

vs            teves berbatov
               rooney             nani
                    scholes hargreves  
             evra  vidic  ferdianad brown
                         Van Der Sar

1-0 liverpool keane in the last second
      nice
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #129: Sep 11, 2008 09:52:28 pm
                   reina
             skrtel carra agger
         arbeloa              dossena
                 masch alonso
              keane         riera/babel/kuyt/yossi
                        torres

vs            teves berbatov
               rooney             nani
                    scholes hargreves  
             evra  vidic  ferdianad brown
                         Van Der Sar

1-0 liverpool keane in the last second
      nice

That should do it  11 v 14    :D :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #130: Sep 11, 2008 10:19:31 pm
      dont rush them back...certainly not, i would agree with giving them half an hour at the end if its still a draw..

i have a sneaky feeling were gonna play them in the CL this season sometime, its gotta happen and all hell will break loose on the pitch, but we will stuff them....ha ha
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #131: Sep 11, 2008 10:19:52 pm
      Lets go out there lads and have the belief in ourselves and turn the Manc c**ts over!! We together are going to do this COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll on Saturday!!!!! Dont show any respest to them wat so eva
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #132: Sep 11, 2008 10:26:28 pm
      MY TEAM FOR SATURDAY

REINA

ARBELOA         SKRTEL       CARRAGHER        DOSSENA

KUYT          GERRARD     MASCHERANO       RIERA

TORRES      KEANE

OR IF NO GERRARD OR TORRES

REINA

ARBELOA     SKRTEL       CARRAGHER        DOSSENA

BENAYOUN      ALONSO      MASCHERANO     RIERA

KEANE     KUYT

OOOOH PLEASE PLEASE HAVE TORRES AND GERRARD FIT !!!!!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #133: Sep 11, 2008 10:33:07 pm
      I think reading Benitez' comments in the week about the omission of Hyypia from the Champions League squad where he said all four defenders will get plenty of games, I think this might be one Sami plays in. With Berbatov practically certain to start, his height could cause us problems so maybe Sami will be there to sort him out as well.

As for Gerrard and Torres, if they're fit enough to play then I think we need them in the side because without them I don't see us scoring. The Villa game proved that where we very short on ideas in the final third. If they're not fit enough for 90 minutes then don't risk them because I couldn't stand losing either for a much longer period of time. This is only one game at the end of the day and there's no point risking the season on just one game.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #134: Sep 11, 2008 10:45:34 pm

You'd hope so wouldn't you.  Especially against the scum.

But that team ethic should be there with or without them in general, otherwise there is something wrong behind the closed gates of Melwood.

I still think there shouldn't be any grey area between players' fitness though. They're either fully fit or you don't risk them. The consequences if they're risked could hinder us in future games. And when you think of how yard dogs like Scholes, Ferdinand etc, wouldn't think twice about hacking a dangerous player...

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Sep 11, 2008 10:46:29 pm
      3 points in the bag ;)

I think it will be Agger and Skrtel centre back with Carra right back and other than that i dont have a clue what line up to guess for because we dont know whether Nando and Stevie will be ok to play.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #136: Sep 11, 2008 11:42:21 pm

I still think there shouldn't be any grey area between players' fitness though. They're either fully fit or you don't risk them. The consequences if they're risked could hinder us in future games. And when you think of how yard dogs like Scholes, Ferdinand etc, wouldn't think twice about hacking a dangerous player...

That's what worries me, these bas**rds won't think twice of hacking lumps out of Nando if he plays, I hope Rafa doesn't risk either Torres or Stevie unless they are 100% fit, we have two very important games coming up against Marseille and the blueshite which we need them for.

Although I'm sure both players will be itching to play, wouldn't it be good to see them both come on with half an hour remaining and knock the stuffing out of United and the stupid chewing grin of red nose face fergie ha ha ha ha.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #137: Sep 12, 2008 12:27:20 am
      wouldn't it be good to see them both come on with half an hour remaining and knock the stuffing out of United and the stupid chewing grin of red nose face fergie ha ha ha ha.

It would be more than good. It would be BRILLIANT!

Quick Reply