Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Everton v Liverpool match thread

Read 22756 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Everton v Liverpool match thread
      Reply #230: Sep 28, 2008 04:15:10 am
      I can't see how any of our players can come in for any real criticism in yesterdays game.

It was a very good team performance - a standard we should live up to for the rest of the season.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #231: Sep 28, 2008 05:28:53 am
      My lad has just come in!
      he was in town last night for his birthday after the game and was talking to Alonso in some bar and he said "Cahill is a total c**t"!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #232: Sep 28, 2008 07:22:00 am
      A class performance from all involved well done boys.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #233: Sep 28, 2008 08:05:25 am
      A class performance from all involved well done boys.
      I will second that Dadorious,  Its just as well Mascherano did not play and when you think we had Agger,Hypia and Babel on the bench the squad looks strong.All that is required now is repeat performances against P.S.V. and City next week.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #234: Sep 28, 2008 08:21:47 am
      Just watched MOTD, unbiased as ever, Carhill tackel was not a red, Aberolas, was worth a red, showed Trorres Yellow, but not the fat yak diving for a pen getting the yellow, plus the hords of bitters leaving after the second was never show.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #235: Sep 28, 2008 08:54:37 am
      Wonderful result yesterday, really pleased with the overall performance from all the players.
      It was also nice to see Keane and Torres link up the way they did, which shows there understanding is getting better by the week.

LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #236: Sep 28, 2008 08:58:29 am
      Fantastic result and a very good performance from the Reds and Rafa !!!!

Here's my view on our players perfomances:

Reina: Didnt have to much to do in all honesty, though at one point he did come out flapping a bit and was very fortunate to get a free-kick for his error. Distribution as usual was class, hes the best in the prem at getting some of our attacks started. But a quiet day for the Spainard.

Arbeloa: I thought had a very sound game, bombed on to support Kuyt and helped the Dutchman whenever the chance came along. Good to see him willing and able to get forward more, technically I think hes descent enough on the ball to cause a few problems in the final third. Although can find himself fortunate not to be carded or sent off after kicking out at Cahill. Defensively he was sound and Everton didnt pose a threat to him.

Carra: Dependable and rock like as usual, brilliant !

Skertel: He to had a fine performance at CB, I was calling for him to be changed before this fixture as I could see him recklessly diving in. Humble pie my way, the lad was disciplined and did his job alongside Carra very well.

Dossena: Like Arbeloa bombed forward at every given opportunity, even if he did miss out on the chance a few times to be put in by Keane. Defensively steady enough for me and again Everton never really troubled him a decent performance.

Kuyt: We got the good and bad from Kuyt in this game, good in the endeveour and work rate as usual. But his touch and control is terrible IMO, as many of our attacks break down through him usually. Worked hard for the team and took his dissallowed goal well (which was a shock). Unfortunately LM has been our problem for so long, but now that we have a decent player out there in Riera, it shows IMO just how poor Kuyt is when contributing to building attacks and playing the flanks.

Gerrard: Man of the match by a country mile ! His passing and one touch football was a joy to watch, he totally dictated the tempo of the game and ran the show from CM.

Alonso: Had a good afternoon as Gerrards partner in CM, he had a few dodgey moments in posession on the edge of our area, but other than that his passing was sound and he had a steady all round game.

Rieira: I like the look of this lad, and while he doesnt look World class, technically his is very good and gave us options that we've so desperately needed from out wide. Came in and out of the game, the first twenty minutes he looked a meniss and caused Hibbet some real problems, I thought he was unfortunate to come off, good game.

Torres: Really struggled to get into the game, Jagielka had the number on him in the first half, and Nando seemed frustrated as struggled to make an impact. But like every World class striker, he can seemingly be a periphial figure in the game, then pop up and nick all three points with two well taken goals. Very unfortunate not to get his hatrick and he seemed to really come to life after his brace, quality player.

Keane: Like Kuyt worked hard, failed to see Dossena and Riera on a few occassions with a pass out wide to stretch Everton, which left me perplexed. Needs a goal big time, he looks to me as though hes  trying to hard, although the assist to Torres will have helped his confidence a tad.
      dannyboylfc
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • I Just Can't Get Enough!!!!
      Reply #237: Sep 28, 2008 09:36:01 am
      Just watched MOTD, unbiased as ever, Carhill tackel was not a red, Aberolas, was worth a red, showed Trorres Yellow, but not the fat yak diving for a pen getting the yellow, plus the hords of bitters leaving after the second was never show.
      i know what you mean, the first half highlights made it look like everton where all over us when that wasnt the case
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #238: Sep 28, 2008 10:11:47 am
      Well done REDS, sucked in Bitters.

What a great result...Happy Bragging rights to all you Liverpudlians. Can I still have bragging rights when I get there in 2 weeks  ;D

At one stage I was worried that Torres was going to do a Masch and mouth off too much to the Ref and get 2 yellows. He was so pissed off....it was then that I felt he's going to take this out on those bitter bas**rds and sure enough he did... ;D well done Fernando, quality goals....just pissed you decided to do it after I scratched you out of my Fantasy Premier League team :-[

CAN I ASK A QUESTION?  How come when the Derby is played at Anfield they show pictures of Blues sitting next to REDS in the crowd..yet when the game is at that small clubs ground...you probably only see one or two REDS sitting next to Blues.  ???

Can't wait for some of these answers  :P

jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #239: Sep 28, 2008 10:39:01 am
      do you know what i found annoying, the fact andy gray was so far up his own backside that he couldn't mention the clear act of dissent that Cahill was showing the referee after his challenge on Alonso. The reason he probably was more willing to give him the red card. That just got  on my nerves and had to share it with everyone.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #240: Sep 28, 2008 10:49:51 am
      do you know what i found annoying, the fact andy gray was so far up his own backside that he couldn't mention the clear act of dissent that Cahill was showing the referee after his challenge on Alonso. The reason he probably was more willing to give him the red card. That just got  on my nerves and had to share it with everyone.

I agree.  I think it was a bad challenge and his dissent probably contributed to his red card. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #241: Sep 28, 2008 01:38:41 pm
      Cracking win by the lads yesterday.........I've not really come back down to earth yet, we showed our superb authority in the second half by scoring two goals.

That was the only way to shut them up, and Fernando did the business, you could tell he was very frustrated in the first half as things weren't going his way, hassled off the ball, Mike Riley blowing his whistle every two minutes, never let the game flow at all, and the crowd were obviously giving Torres stick as he reacted to their taunts...........bas**rds.

So I was made up when he scored those two goals, ram their taunts down their throats.
      Second best again eh......You toffee nosed bitter blue bas**rds !!! >:( Ha Ha, serves you right, you'll never be able to live with Liverpool

Face it...........your going to be languishing down in the bottom half of the table this season fighting relegation  :lmao: :lmao:

Well Done Liverpool, bragging rights are ours again for the next 4 months, until we do them at Anfield, and we'll be celebrating again.

Anyone been on Bluekipper?  :f_whistle: :laugh:

Credit to all our lads yesterday, we played together as a team, worked hard for each other and made the most of the play.

Let's continue this excellent attitude into the next game and see off PSV in style at Anfield.

How good must it be to be a Liverpool player  ;)

Proud of you lads  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #242: Sep 28, 2008 02:45:59 pm
      Well i missed the first 15 but got home in a flash to watch the rest.

Stevie G just ran the show. He was brilliant and Nando's finishing was reminiscent (?) of last season. What i found overwhelming though was when he picked Robbie up. I think he's sick of the stick their partnership is getting, no matter if it is justified or not, and just wanted to show that they are working together. I have to applaud our Nando again just for that little action.

A brilliant result, made even better with Hull beating Arse! Come on lads!

And you lucky ladies and lads have bragging rights which is most important above all. Shame that no body knows who or what an Everton is here otherwise red paint would cover their car.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #243: Sep 28, 2008 03:06:00 pm
      Oh and for those Aussies on here, anyone catch Fozzy's analysis on the tackle?

'Wasnt worthy of a straight red in my honest opinion.'

Firstly, not a red?

Secondly, in your HONEST opinion?

The F***ing Aussie Andy Gray. Does my F***ing head in this bloke!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #244: Sep 28, 2008 03:15:23 pm
      ;D Fozzie what a F***ing joke!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #245: Sep 28, 2008 03:19:38 pm

Apparently not, he still has a bloody job! Francis What-a-titty supposedly likes us, yet to see how. Les is a nice bloke but doest know what words are coming out of his mouth. You'd think they could hire someone from overseas to atleast ACT as if they know something from abroad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #246: Sep 28, 2008 03:31:11 pm
      Ramblings of another blue:

Just remember that if the worst happens, reconcile yourself in the fact that no matter what they do, no matter what they win, no matter who they beat, no matter how much dough crazy yanks throw at them, no matter how many Norwegians, P***s, Oirish and the rest of the hangers on they manage to flog tickets to, no matter how much flack we got off them because A)we are sh*te B)How many cups they have won C)We are only a small club, etc etc, just reconcile yourself in the fact that you are at the end of the day, and for every other day for that matter, you are always better than them and why? because my friends you are an "EVERTONIAN".
      To all fellow Blues.........."we shall not, we shall not be moved"

Clueless, f***in clueless!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #247: Sep 28, 2008 03:40:32 pm
      Ramblings of another blue:

Just remember that if the worst happens, reconcile yourself in the fact that no matter what they do, no matter what they win, no matter who they beat, no matter how much dough crazy yanks throw at them, no matter how many Norwegians, P***s, Oirish and the rest of the hangers on they manage to flog tickets to, no matter how much flack we got off them because A)we are sh*te B)How many cups they have won C)We are only a small club, etc etc, just reconcile yourself in the fact that you are at the end of the day, and for every other day for that matter, you are always better than them and why? because my friends you are an "EVERTONIAN".
      To all fellow Blues.........."we shall not, we shall not be moved"

Clueless, f***in clueless!

:lmao: You have to applaud their enthusiasm but then you remember they are a blue and just pay them out some more.

Forgot to mention this, Dirk Kuyt was our own little Quarsema. Little trick flicks and everything, if Rafa saying he is key in this match does that to him, tell him he is the best player in the world and see what happens.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #248: Sep 28, 2008 03:47:28 pm
      Have they started saying Moyes out yet?

On another note, in wetherspoons yesterday and seen a man with a blue shirt on with Moyes's face on it (that alone is terrifying) but above it it said "MOYESYSIDE"

worst.shirt.ever.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #249: Sep 28, 2008 03:48:44 pm
      Have they started saying Moyes out yet?

On another note, in wetherspoons yesterday and seen a man with a blue shirt on with Moyes's face on it (that alone is terrifying) but above it it said "MOYESYSIDE"

worst.shirt.ever.

Great! Now they can F**k off to Moyseyside and leave Liverpool for the only club that should be there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #250: Sep 28, 2008 04:02:38 pm
      http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65658&view=next

Try this Jakkeo go through the various threads, sure there are one or two threads wanting Moyes out, with one poster even reckoning he could be gone if they lose to Liege!!
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #251: Sep 28, 2008 04:25:59 pm
      They really do have one of the worst set of supporters in football.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #252: Sep 28, 2008 05:26:33 pm
      Just took a peak at the blue noses  they having a right go at each other tossers its worth a peak for a laugh one of them is even talking about jumping ship to us what a joke that is :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply