Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven

Read 25107 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,258 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      Reply #299: Oct 02, 2008 10:48:15 am
      Robbie keane, Robbie Keane
      Robbie keane, Robbie Keane
      his names not F***ing Keano
      its Robbie Keane

To the numptie walking down Walton Breck Road with Keano 7 on your shirt have a word with yourself.

Sadly Veinson mate there only seemed to be pockets on the kop singing this. Couldnt believe me ears when I heard the keano chant go up followed by a who are ye chant!! Horrible
      gearrard1
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #300: Oct 02, 2008 11:00:02 am
      what did ye all think of the game last night i thought it was a walk over PSV did play there best at all it was all liverpool and good goals for keane/gearrard/kuyt
      gearrard1
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #301: Oct 02, 2008 11:01:56 am
      i agree with you it a brillant match to watch
      [/quote]
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #302: Oct 02, 2008 11:03:05 am
      Sadly Veinson mate there only seemed to be pockets on the kop singing this. Couldnt believe me ears when I heard the keano chant go up followed by a who are ye chant!! Horrible

We were in the main stand plenty of dickheads doing both.

unbelievable
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #303: Oct 02, 2008 11:03:34 am
      We were in the main stand plenty of dickheads doing both.

unbelievable

I've published an educational bulletin for the masses.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/his-name-is-not-kean-o/
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #304: Oct 02, 2008 11:09:57 am

Good work!

One thing I dont understand? Why did the mancs come up with Keano? Does it mean something? Or is it just easier to sing? Otherwise, why didnt they just chant Keane?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #305: Oct 02, 2008 12:03:46 pm
      A great result for the redmen last night. Gerrard getting his 100th goal was great, thought he was a bit quiet through out the game, but a typical Gerrard goal in front of the kop was just perfect.

Well done Keane, about time aswell  Looking forward to his first league goal now  ;). Nice to see Kuyt score to.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #306: Oct 02, 2008 01:01:01 pm
      Congratulations ROBBIE on the first goal of your Liverpool career....may there be many, many more to come mate.

Stevie G what a way to bring up your milestone...a F***ing scorcher, for a second there I actually thought the ball did burst through the net :o

Well done to Rafa as well on his 250th.

I was like so many who predicted 3-0 and was gutted when they scored..just took a quick nap and BANG...there goes the prediction :-\....we have to watch that...everyone knows the most dangerous time to concede a goal is after you've just scored yourself. We have to be a lot more on the ball than that if we want to win the Silverware we so desperately want this season.

Apart from that one blemish, we dominated them and the rest of the signs look fantastic...let's just hope Robbie, Fernando  and Stevie G go on an amazing scoring run together....could you imagine those 3 going ballistic...we'd be unstoppable....  :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #307: Oct 02, 2008 01:02:31 pm
      Job done.

Always in control.  Cruising at times.  Nobody had a bad game.  Riera continues to impress me.  Turning out to be a very good buy.

We did what we had to without getting into second gear.

May have to work a bit harder against City.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #308: Oct 02, 2008 01:24:48 pm
      It was excellent stuff! I'm made up Gerrard grabbed a rasper as he didn't look on form lastnight. A few dodgy passes! All forgotten after that though! ;)

Made up for Keane as well! He's worked hard and it was a thoroughly deserved goal! When Anfield erupted singing Keano I was shaking my head, but then I was ecstatic when everyone in the know interupted with the real song! ;) F***ing Keano?! :o

Excellent result! Gulf in class between us and them! A good win and a signal of intent! ;) Bring on Atletico!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #309: Oct 02, 2008 01:27:44 pm
      Did anyone notice that we had fixed advertising boards around the pitch rather than the electronic ones? ???
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #310: Oct 02, 2008 01:34:32 pm
      Did anyone notice that we had fixed advertising boards around the pitch rather than the electronic ones? ???

Didn't even spot it! :-\ Champions League may be different. There's lots of sponsors that need to be on show all the time. You think that may be the reason?

What's United's advertising boards like on a Champions League night?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #311: Oct 02, 2008 01:38:18 pm

Yea I noticed that too mate, my only guess is due to the credit crunch the Yanks had to sell them to pay for the leccy! ;D

Class game last night we are looking alot better in europe than we were last season for sure, passes were free flowing across what must have ben a very damp pitch.  It's good to see Keane off the mark (and the cartwheel) and Gerrard reach his century.  I'm sure he will smash 2 more goal scoring records too before the season's out, Kevin Keegan's (100) and John Barnes (108) and possibly Jack Balmer and Ian St John's (111 and 118)

One thing is for sure we can now go into the Man City game full of confidence against a much changed side, one who will now play the level of football we have been playing for god knows how long 1892? ;D

Bring it on!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #312: Oct 02, 2008 01:42:51 pm
      Quote from: RAWK
      Not only that; there are UEFA rules about pitchside advertising in CL games - something to do with the height of the ads, meaning that the first few rows in each stadium aren't available for CL games, so all stadia have reduced capacities.  With this in mind, the attendance looks about right.  You might have noticed we had fixed advertising boards around the ground last night, rather than the electronic displays that have been featured in league games this season

Ah ... that might be it!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #313: Oct 02, 2008 02:27:11 pm
      Didn't even spot it! :-\ Champions League may be different. There's lots of sponsors that need to be on show all the time. You think that may be the reason?

You are right, UEFA always has it's own set of ads. The funniest thing is that because of their strict rule on ads that when they are playing in Arsenal they have to call it either "Ashburn and Groves or the Arsenal stadium" because they won't allow the Emerites name to be used cause they are not a part of UEFA sponsors.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #314: Oct 02, 2008 02:35:53 pm
      It was excellent stuff! I'm made up Gerrard grabbed a rasper as he didn't look on form lastnight. A few dodgy passes! All forgotten after that though! ;)

Made up for Keane as well! He's worked hard and it was a thoroughly deserved goal! When Anfield erupted singing Keano I was shaking my head, but then I was ecstatic when everyone in the know interupted with the real song! ;) F***ing Keano?! :o

Excellent result! Gulf in class between us and them! A good win and a signal of intent! ;) Bring on Atletico!
      Your right that Keano chant makes my skin crawl.
      Impressive all round performance!.......hardly a test though
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #315: Oct 02, 2008 02:38:49 pm
      Me and my lads where right behind the goal, when StevieG got his 100th, in the mouth of the Kop,  I think we jumped that high we nearly torched the Kop roof.

Liverpool never got out of 2nd gear, they did not need to, so not the best of games to watch, but the goals where very good.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #316: Oct 02, 2008 04:14:18 pm
      Job done.

Always in control.  Cruising at times.  Nobody had a bad game.  Riera continues to impress me.  Turning out to be a very good buy.

We did what we had to without getting into second gear.

May have to work a bit harder against City.

Basically what I was going to say myself about the game mate. Was in control all the way through and if we'd stepped it up a bit we could have easily got a few more goals. Calm performance though and there looks a good team ethic amongst the lads.

The atmosphere wasn't it's best, but it wasn't that poor that you could always hear their fans (even though there weren't many of them). For the large majority of the game there was constant singing, but I presume Sky were turning the microphones down again?

Cant believe a lot of people chanting Keano. His name's not F***ing Keano!!! And I was even more fuming to see a lad wearing Keano on the back of his Liverpool shirt after the match.

Great goals though. Especially Gerrards bullet of a free kick - thank god Lucas got out the way of it!!!

Mick Lfc 1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #317: Oct 02, 2008 07:33:51 pm
      brillaint game last night was exstatic when keane scored

now i dont want to sound to optamistic but is this the year we win the league

after that performance i dont see why not

although we have thought the same before
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #318: Oct 02, 2008 07:39:31 pm
      brillaint game last night was exstatic when keane scored

now i dont want to sound to optamistic but is this the year we win the league

after that performance i dont see why not

although we have thought the same before

That performance we were at 50% mate ;)

I can understand your optimism, but let's wait 'til May, eh? :)
      Mick Lfc 1892
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #319: Oct 02, 2008 07:48:47 pm
      That performance we were at 50% mate ;)

I can understand your optimism, but let's wait 'til May, eh? :)

agreed ;D

lets no jinx ourself's
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #320: Oct 02, 2008 08:21:42 pm
      What a dominant performance an yet to hit our potential in the match.

Rafa, what a great night for him and a testiment to what he has done for this club.

Keane (NOT F***ing KEANO!) was great this morning. That finish was sublime and was a treat to see him do his goal celebration at Anfield. Keep 'em coming lad. I must say, while i questioned his arrival over a right winger, he and Nando are starting to look great together.

Stevie G's freekick was an absolute STUNNER! I literally blinked and missed it. A trademark strike for his 100th, a century that doesnt contain one bad goal. He is a legend.

Dirky was great too. He tried his hardest as always but really put in a good performance.

Xabi was solid, as was our whole defence except for that little lapse. I blame Fabio and Martin for it, Fabio just let him put that ball in with no pressure and Marty was slow to react.

I want to give credit to Abramat from PSV. Dont know if anyone has mentioned him yet but i think he was one of the best players on the pitch. What he did he did alone with no support from his team. A constant threat up top and with abit of support would have had something to show for his efforts. He made a brilliant run to catch Martin and Jamie napping and could have easily gone down a number of times but stayed on his feet and fought hard. Sadly for PSV, he will turn into a great player and head off like so many from their club.

A great win marked with plenty of emotion for several individuals. I can safely say that the group of death is decided.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #321: Oct 02, 2008 08:58:26 pm
      I want to give credit to Abramat from PSV. Dont know if anyone has mentioned him yet but I think he was one of the best players on the pitch. What he did he did alone with no support from his team. A constant threat up top and with abit of support would have had something to show for his efforts. He made a brilliant run to catch Martin and Jamie napping and could have easily gone down a number of times but stayed on his feet and fought hard. Sadly for PSV, he will turn into a great player and head off like so many from their club.

You read my mind mate! I was just gonna come on here and as I thought he deserved a mention, I agree what you say too he was a cut above the rest of his team mates and if anyone looked more likely to grab a goal it was looking like him (the 1 goal they did get was not his I know but easily could have been) he has Carra characteristics with a Kuyt work rate for sure.

If he plays that good in the league I would love to see him play in a red shirt come January eh Rafa ;) get him now before his price goes up!

Quick Reply