Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4215806 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #27899: Jan 16, 2017 11:48:15 am
      no more southampton players please

we need to make forward strides now, not pigeon steps.

Yeah the Lallana, Lovren, Clyne and Mane signings really were all sh*t weren't they!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27900: Jan 16, 2017 06:34:17 pm
      Rafael Benitez identified Liverpool attacker as a top January target

Rafa Benitez is hoping that his former side Liverpool will help him out this month with some potential transfer dealings.

The 56-year-old is believed to be interested in signing Seyi Ojo, according to reports in the Northern Echo.

Full Story
      http://www.footyextras.com/the-reds/rafael-benitez-identified-liverpool-attacker-as-a-top-january-target/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27901: Jan 16, 2017 06:38:00 pm

Rafa Benitez is hoping that his former side Liverpool will help him out this month with some potential transfer dealings.

The 56-year-old is believed to be interested in signing Seyi Ojo, according to reports in the Northern Echo.

Full Story
      http://www.footyextras.com/the-reds/rafael-benitez-identified-liverpool-attacker-as-a-top-january-target/

Klopp has said numerous times before now that Ojo is going nowhere in January.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #27902: Jan 16, 2017 06:38:55 pm

Full Story

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/821003381670088704
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #27903: Jan 17, 2017 12:00:09 pm
      I don't know about you guys, but I'm glad Klopp is deciding to wait it out till the summer to bid for his first choice targets.

It's better than panic buying or bidding over the odds.

Plus, if we keep our players fit for the rest of the season, and have Mane back in one piece then I think we will be fine without reinforcements.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27904: Jan 17, 2017 12:12:59 pm
      I don't know about you guys, but I'm glad Klopp is deciding to wait it out till the summer to bid for his first choice targets.

It's better than panic buying or bidding over the odds.

Plus, if we keep our players fit for the rest of the season, and have Mane back in one piece then I think we will be fine without reinforcements.

The only issue I have with supposedly waiting until the summer for his first choice targets is still the lack of availability. Draxler has already moved, Dortmund are refusing to sell Pulisic at all and Brandt doesn't want to move. Pulisic MIGHT be possible but he will cost a ridiculous amount and at that point I see Klopp saying "nah, not worth spending that much on." Obviously I could be wrong, just my two cents.
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #27905: Jan 17, 2017 12:28:05 pm
      The only issue I have with supposedly waiting until the summer for his first choice targets is still the lack of availability. Draxler has already moved, Dortmund are refusing to sell Pulisic at all and Brandt doesn't want to move. Pulisic MIGHT be possible but he will cost a ridiculous amount and at that point I see Klopp saying "nah, not worth spending that much on." Obviously I could be wrong, just my two cents.

An obvious and understandable two cents worth, however, I would very much doubt that he has just one target in mind for areas of improvement, so to that end I don't feel worried.

In my eyes we are performing above expectation so far this season, and it could still get better of course. I just always felt that if we hit top 4, the window of 2017 would be the one where we would see the most movement mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27906: Jan 17, 2017 12:32:24 pm
      I think another aspect is that Klopp sees much more potential in the youngsters than we currently do. We are basing our view of the youngsters largely on the Plymouth game where the team and individuals had a bad day at the office, not helped by the senior players. Klopp meanwhile sees these lads day in day out in training so if he likes them and thinks he can rely on them then that is ok with me, I trust him on that.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27907: Jan 17, 2017 12:59:56 pm
      It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see another biggish turnover of players this summer.  It won't be the 23 out like last summer but maybe as many as 15 could go across the senior and u23s squads.

We have something like 10/11 players out on loan of which we might keep 2 or 3 of the younger lads but it might just be 1 or 2 who stay.

I can see another 6 or 7 coming in, some will be back ups where we have nobody coming up from the Academy, some starters and some youngsters to develop.

The likes of TAA, Woodburn, Ejaria, Ojo are all considered seniors as they are training permanently now at Melwood and there's possibly a couple of others who could make the move up before the summer window opens.

When I get time I'll do another summer clearout thread like I did this time last season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27908: Jan 17, 2017 01:08:09 pm

True, as an example Ojo in our starting XI against premier league teams could be carried/have more impact in a game, than throwing 7/8 youngsters in at once and expecting the same.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #27909: Jan 17, 2017 01:25:35 pm

I see what you mean, but things could change from here till the summer like they always do. Also, ending up in the top four and getting a CL place might help us too. Brandt might want to move if he looks at Liverpool playing in the CL & playing under Klopp, it's something he will think about. Usually, it is easier to sign your first choice targets in the summer rather than in winter.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #27910: Jan 17, 2017 02:18:30 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #27911: Jan 17, 2017 02:28:50 pm

No, just no

He isn't better than Henderson, Can or Wijnaldum.

I prefer we go all out for Dahoud in the summer, who is a far superior player than Kondogbia.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27912: Jan 17, 2017 03:26:38 pm

It's been a long standing rumour this one I think.

He's a work in progress but he does have some good traits.

- He uses his body well to fend off opponents, he's strong too
      - Usually spins and goes forward with the ball rather than taking the safe option and playing it back
      - Fairly quick and agile once his legs get going.
      - Quite skillful
      - A strong runner with the ball (very Yaya esque)
      - Decent short passer
      - Seems like an alert type of player, proactive rather than reactive

Negs:
      - Sometimes does skill when it's unnecessary
      - No idea what his pressing is like
      - Barely ever scores
      - Not sure how reliable he would be as our sole holding player, his runs tend to leave him out of that position. It works at Inter because they either use 2 DM's or have another defensive minded player in a mid 3 with him at the side. He'd be an option in one of the spots on either side of Hendo.
      - Questionable long range passing

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #27913: Jan 17, 2017 03:29:52 pm

- Usually spins and goes forward with the ball rather than taking the safe option and playing it back
      - Quite skillful
      - Decent short passer

Negs:
      - Barely ever scores
      - Not sure how reliable he would be as our sole holding player, his runs tend to leave him out of that position. It works at Inter because they either use 2 DM's or have another defensive minded player in a mid 3 with him at the side. He'd be an option in one of the spots on either side of Hendo.

Cant hold down a place at Inter of all teams!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27914: Jan 17, 2017 03:35:46 pm

He wouldn't be the first good player for that to happen to. He must be part of a rotation because only Joao Mario & Banega have played considerably more games.

Gagliardini - 1 game
      Gnoukouri - 4 games
      Medel - 10 games
      Kondogbia - 11 games
      Brozovic - 12 games
      Joao Mario - 16 games
      Banega - 17 games
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #27915: Jan 17, 2017 04:08:44 pm

- Quite skillful
      - Decent short passer

Negs:
      - Barely ever scores

I'm going to address the positives you posted:

- He uses his body well to fend off opponents, he's strong too - Ok, strong, good as momo sissoko
      - Usually spins and goes forward with the ball rather than taking the safe option and playing it back - he loses possession quite often, and isn't as tidy
      - Fairly quick and agile once his legs get going. he is actually lethargic and not as quick as he seems, just strong physically
      - Quite skillful not really, his dribbling isn't that great, his first touch isn't that great either and gets dispossessed easily when he tries to dribble
      - A strong runner with the ball (very Yaya esque) This is where I have to disagree big time, he has no ability what so ever to carry the ball forward, he actually just passes it along rather than runs directly into space ala Yaya Toure, actually Kondogbia is a very average in this regard
      - Decent short passer - Ok, agree
      - Seems like an alert type of player, proactive rather than reactive yes he is, very similar to momo sissoko

The positives is that he is another version of Momo sissoko, brain dead with average/decent technical ability but physically great and presses the ball well.

My opinion is based on watching a few inter games & because I live in Italy and I know that the Inter fan base has a divided opinion about him (some think he is really good others think he is a load of tosh).

I think he is just average/decent player who could be a good squad player, but he isn't any better than we have at the moment and we should be going for a far superior midfielder like Mahmoud Dahoud, who is just phenomenal.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #27916: Jan 17, 2017 04:16:43 pm

Coutinho couldn`t either .. they get bored rather quickly with players out there.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #27917: Jan 17, 2017 04:18:03 pm
      Coutinho couldn`t either .. they get bored rather quickly with players out there.

Coutinho was 18....
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #27918: Jan 17, 2017 04:27:28 pm

He has actually 21 when they let him go..the point is that he stayed there 5years and no one saw his potential or how to develop him - they don`t have a great record at growing young players bar Icardi recently.
      Kopite78
      Reply #27919: Jan 17, 2017 04:44:32 pm
      He has actually 21 when they let him go..the point is that he stayed there 5years and no one saw his potential or how to develop him - they don`t have a great record at growing young players bar Icardi recently.

He wasn't there 5 years actually mate

He technically signed for them in 08 as a 16 year old but didn't officially move over there until July '10 as an 18 year old, he moved to us in January '13 as a 21 year old. He also had a loan spell at Espanol in 2011-12

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27920: Jan 17, 2017 06:24:23 pm
      A quick look at his Wiki page, he's left footed, can play CB and LB as well as DM.  Maybe Jürgen has seen something that he can work with for our left positions?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27921: Jan 17, 2017 06:53:43 pm
      I wouldn't mind adding a quality midfielder, but whenever I see in the article "and the likes of Chelsea/Spurs/Everton are also said to be interested in makes me think the entire thing is an agent's and/or a journo's creation.

Quick Reply