Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Tottenham v Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 11706 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Tottenham v Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #207: Nov 01, 2008 10:35:45 pm
      I think Mark Lawrenson summed it up perfectly on Match of the Day, he said quite abit about it but the key part for me was when he said "Not to dwell on this result".

We did play well and totally outplayed them but it was just one of them days so us fans and the team just have to move on to thinking about Athletico.

(just think, Torres will be back baging in the goals and we can take out our league frustration on our next opponent and get revenge on Spurs in the Carling Cup with a few youngsters on show ;))
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2008 10:39:11 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #208: Nov 01, 2008 10:39:03 pm
      How did he sum it up? I missed it.
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #209: Nov 01, 2008 10:46:47 pm
      as they say the prem title is a "marathon not a race" we got beat today"fcuk knows how" it will the easiest 3 points spurs will get from one of the top four and it had to be us, but the best lessons are always the hardest to swallow, hopefully we will carry on from here and finish teams off stuff the cnuts, after getting the early goal i thought we could make up the goal difference here but it wasnt to be and rafa is fuming, cant blame him so was i.
      sometimes i think liverpool are just to nice and not ruthless thats why we always top the fairplay league instead of the league we really want. .
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #210: Nov 01, 2008 10:56:58 pm
      Revenge on the 12th November  ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #211: Nov 01, 2008 11:10:46 pm
      im hoping all them great chance dont come back to haunt us

Exactly what I said after the 1st goal and I just had a feeling... a bad feeling about todays match. Maybe this will take the pressure of going unbeaten of now that weve actually lost we can fully consentrate on winning and not have that "if we loose" in the back of our head
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #212: Nov 01, 2008 11:39:48 pm
      Ok we lost get a grip, everyone loses sometime.

The positives are

Torres is back
      Kuyt scored again
      We're still joint top

IN RAFA WE TRUST      YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #213: Nov 02, 2008 12:05:12 am
      Having watched most of the game again we were clearly the better team.  I won't be losing much sleep over it.

These things happen.  One Premiership defeat in 7 months does not signal the end of the world.  Let's get back on with it.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #214: Nov 02, 2008 12:13:36 am
      The season isn't over yet. We'll just have to beat Chelsea at home and Man U away, it's no big deal :P .
      IRWT
      YNWA
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #215: Nov 02, 2008 12:16:13 am
      I think in the end this could end up helping us, now that you read that you probably think I am insane, but hear me out. Week in and Week out performance is largely based on momentum, when you get into a week in week out cycle of winning you go into games more confident and loose. An early lose into a stretch of games we sometimes don't close out should be good for us, it gives us a kick in the pants and we play best as the underdog. Now even on points we will have to fight to stay with Chelsea and it will give us a little extra, so if we do what we need to do and win the next 5 or 6 we will have good confidence and momentum heading into our game against Arsenal. Also with Torres back if we arn't taking full points with 2 or 3 nil results then we have no one to blame but ourselves.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #216: Nov 02, 2008 12:17:43 am
      well what's done is done. I don't think there's much use trying to lay blame onto anyone. It was just one of those days. We were a couple on inches away from a second goal from Gerrard's exquisite chip that hit the crossbar and that's just one chance to mull over. It could of been so different. Lets take something from the fact that we are doing really well in the prem without hitting top gear and so when we finally do get going, with Torres banging them in, we'll then see where that leads us.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #217: Nov 02, 2008 01:41:14 am
      without hitting top gear and so when we finally do get going

I'm starting to wonder if we have hit top gear and we just think we haven't. You don't go three months of football playing badly when you're a top team. This is more than just a rut now, so maybe this is as good as it gets. Maybe we're just expecting too much and the lads have played to their full potentional. If they have then god help us.

Personally I think there's more to come from Liverpool this year, but three months of "bad" form is more than coincidence.
      illusion
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #218: Nov 02, 2008 03:12:39 am
      I'm starting to wonder if we have hit top gear and we just think we haven't. You don't go three months of football playing badly when you're a top team. This is more than just a rut now, so maybe this is as good as it gets. Maybe we're just expecting too much and the lads have played to their full potentional. If they have then god help us.
      Personally I think there's more to come from Liverpool this year, but three months of "bad" form is more than coincidence.

if you observe the style we play, we are mostly a defense first outfit. Against chelsea, would you not have called it top gear defensively? lets not compare our style with Manc or chelsea . what we are is still a slightly inconsistent team. if we play out a draw with brom next week, its not because we have not hit the top gear, its because we are inconsistent as far as performance goes.

just my 2 cents, i could be totally wrong.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #219: Nov 02, 2008 03:51:36 am

I agree with you if there were not some reasons to explain why we are in a rut. This season we started off with a bunch of players coming off Euro's and all in all quite tired from playing additional full paced games over the break. Also we have had some injuries that have changed the squad, Stevie was out for a bit and Torres has been out counting both times injured for around a month. So yes we are in horrid form on the field but we should be confident because we are still grinding out good results with a disjointed team between injuries and new players. With a healthy squad I think we will improve and show what we are made of later in the season. If this doesn't happen then the critics were right and we do need to take a look at ourselves because the squad is strong enough to challenge we just need everyone on the same page, which sometimes we don't have in games we should walk away from with 3 points.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #220: Nov 02, 2008 04:02:01 am
      We needed a lost to wake us up. I think we didn't deserve to win it either. We played well for the first 10 minutes of both halves and were lost after that. I don't remember Babel or Benayoun doing anything. I only see our deserved wins came against United, Chelsea and Everton. We ALMOST lost to City, Wigan and Boro. Almost drew with Portsmouth and Sunderland.

When we scored the early goal, i thought it would be a win for sure. Guess it was time for the 'come back' to be against us. I wasn't happy with the way Liverpool played last night. We hardly kept the ball. It was no one's fault, guess we were unlucky to concede that 2 goals and not to have scored more.

I just hope everything goes well soon cause I haven't really seen us in top gear. I really like our ending towards last season when we won almost every game.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #221: Nov 02, 2008 08:46:37 am

lets hope its a one off
         we should take our chances in the game, thats why this happened
          I don't know  if it is coincidential .but we lost control of the game  as soon as Keane left the pitch....not blaming Rafa for his change .far from it
            well lets hope we begin another at least 10 games run without defeats  or draws
      marian
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #222: Nov 02, 2008 09:11:09 am
      skrtel misses so much
      kturk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #223: Nov 02, 2008 09:27:27 am
      What the hell was that!! :(((
      ricohman
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #224: Nov 02, 2008 10:11:39 am
      I was going to have a right moan on here this morning about the result (and I've got a bad hangover) but after reading the comments on here I feel alot better, we played good just need to finish better, if Torres had played I recon we would of won ;)

We are still joint top  ;D
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #225: Nov 02, 2008 10:12:02 am
      Still cannot believe how we lost that game,so many chances wasted.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #226: Nov 02, 2008 10:31:04 am
      What a shock i got this morning. I got home from a party and prayed for the best but to go down is massively dissapointing especially after going up so early which is what we've prayed for in recent weeks.

Listening to the reports and reading what some had to say it was same old, same old. Negatives aside however, we're on top, we've lost one game to a passionate side and now we have Torres back to fix our problem of not being able to convert our chances.

I think the CL game comes at a perfect time, to clear our minds of the Prem. and get back on track. Onwards and upwards Reds, lets get back to winning ways and continue our great start.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #227: Nov 02, 2008 10:43:51 am

What worries me about our current form is that we seem to miss a lot of open chances  to score ,so we  get that only one goal and hope the other team does not get the equlizer or worse like yesterday the winner ,, Not that we are defending the only goal, cause unlike other season we contiunue to attack ,but we miss a lot on the final touch
        seeing the others chelski scores 5  from 6/7 open chances
        the mancs scored 4 from 5/6 chances (they were lucky  hull did not drew the match
        lets hope we learn to be more clinc in font of the goal  come Torres

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #228: Nov 02, 2008 11:28:09 am

Parts of the Tottenham game I think we played as good as we have all season.  The second half against United we were dominant.  PSV we played like we know we can.  Everton was an exercise in controlled football.

We haven't played utter sh*te for three months - we have shown glimpses.  We haven't consistently hit our top form yet.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #229: Nov 02, 2008 12:18:09 pm
      well last night what a stinker,move on next match we have to bounce back thats what champions do.

we still neeed someone tho finish of our chances could have been a cricket score last night,what do you think come jan one more striker and right winger?

Quick Reply