Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Adriano

Read 3220 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Adriano
      Nov 22, 2008 10:17:52 pm
      I was on talkaloadofbull.com (obviously not the best football site but still a rumour worth looking at IMO) earlier when I saw this:

Liverpool Want Adriano - Italian Media
      According to the febrile Italian media, Liverpool are preparing a January bid for Inter's troubled star Adriano...

Brazilian striker Adriano has been a square peg in a round hole at Inter Milan for some time, and his future at the San Siro is not being measured in years. But is he the sort of player who would fit into Rafa Benitez's title-chasing Liverpool squad?

It seems unlikely; yet that is what some sections of the Italian media are speculating this morning.

The question of the looming January transfer market is exercising the media, and according to Italian radio, Liverpool are ready to enter the race for the 'Emperor' with an £8 million bid.

Leaving aside whether or not Adriano is the 'right' player for the Reds at the moment, given the excellence of Fernando Torres and the summer's heavy outlay on striker Robbie Keane, there is the issue of Liverpool's apparently strained finances.

The club's American co-owners may succeed in getting a six-month extension on their debt repayments, which some sources say could make some £20 million available for the transfer kitty. Adriano, though, would swallow up a hefty chunk of that when his wage demands are factored in. After all, the lifestyle he has to support is not exactly that of a monk.

Still, Inter clearly want to offload him, and it is claimed that at least five clubs are interested, including Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid.

However, it is understood that the relationship between Inter coach Jose Mourinho and Adriano means a quick sale could be concluded, with the striker having the casting vote on which club he joins.

It still seems unlikely that Liverpool would be sufficiently interested to enter a bidding war. Then again, stranger things have happened...

It could potentially be a good move but the fact that Keane is already looking pissed off when being taken off in a game and Babel apparently starting to complain about a lack of football do we really want another striker who is known for a partying repuation?

Fernando Torres is obviously the only one out of the all our strikers guarenteed to start and complete basically every game so that means Keane and Adriano are going to be taking it in turns to sit on bench because even though Keane is quite a regular at the moment with the arrival of Adriano he wont be. It would basically effectively end all hopes that Babel has about playing up front in his natural position too.

I do rate Adriano as a player but if it means unsettling current members of the squad for a player with reliability issues then I hope this move is no more than a rumour.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/1713/liverpool/2008/11/22/976434/liverpool-want-adriano-italian-media

Shows what he is capable of as a player:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E3dOZ0FC8rc&feature=related

The night before a world cup match:

Nah, I can't see Rafa signing him.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2008 10:23:25 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Adriano
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2008 10:25:55 pm
      I like him

Too bad he wont be signed
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Nov 22, 2008 10:28:01 pm
      I don't see the point of bringing another striker to Liverpool. We are on limited funds so we should focus on other area's like full back position or another attacking wide player rather than bring in another striker like you said to sit on the bench for the most part.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2008 01:17:24 pm
      He's good but he's private life is one of the worst. The attack isn't the biggest problem, it is the wide areas.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2008 05:31:50 pm
      Also it seems he needs to have a manager who can be like a father figure and make him feel wanted (similar to Pennant) and Rafa isn't that type of manager.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Nov 24, 2008 05:59:15 am
      Not Rafa's type of player, not Liverpool's type of player ATM. He isnt a support striker, he is explosive and can finish a ball. Sound like someone familiar? Dont need him but 8 million is a great price for him considering some other transfers.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Nov 24, 2008 11:07:19 am
      We don't need him? We struggled without Torres, what happens if Torres gets injured? This guy is far better than Keane. Who cares what he does in his private life aslong as he would score on the pitch for us and there's no doubt in anybody's mind that he would do that. Would be money well spent IMO.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2008 05:07:10 pm
      With a social life like that, he's worse than Pennant. No way do we want this guy.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2008 05:22:26 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Quoted post was deleted »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2008 07:40:54 pm
      We don't need him? We struggled without Torres, what happens if Torres gets injured? This guy is far better than Keane. Who cares what he does in his private life aslong as he would score on the pitch for us and there's no doubt in anybody's mind that he would do that. Would be money well spent IMO.

People moan about Pennant on the JD, and then all of a sudden it doesn't matter when Adriano does it?
      I understand that Adriano is better than JP, but it's about honouring the shirt you play for, and putting his, and the clubs reputation on the line isn't good enough.

Unless he gets his act together, I don't want him at liverpool.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Nov 27, 2008 05:59:49 pm
      People moan about Pennant on the JD, and then all of a sudden it doesn't matter when Adriano does it?
      I understand that Adriano is better than JP, but it's about honouring the shirt you play for, and putting his, and the clubs reputation on the line isn't good enough.

Unless he gets his act together, I don't want him at liverpool.

I have never once complained about Pennant and his drinking though so you cant make that comment personally to me :).
      So therefore i am right ;D :). I dont care who gets wasted on a friday night, aslong they are fit enough and in a fit state to play the game.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #10: Nov 27, 2008 11:30:43 pm
      ¿adriano?We don't need this player, he's controversial
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #11: Dec 02, 2008 05:18:30 pm
      I have never once complained about Pennant and his drinking though so you cant make that comment personally to me :).
      So therefore I am right ;D :). I dont care who gets wasted on a friday night, aslong they are fit enough and in a fit state to play the game.
      Have you ever tried playing on a hangover!! Sunday league is bad enough, try it on a massive pitch against pros and your fu**ed.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: Dec 04, 2008 03:23:48 pm
      He seems to be scoring a few for Inter when he's pissed, alot better than what Keane is doing and he is sober ;D
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Dec 04, 2008 03:44:56 pm
      He seems to be scoring a few for Inter when he's pissed, alot better than what Keane is doing and he is sober ;D

Playing for Inter Milan, and playing For Liverpool are 2 completely different things. Just because he can bang in the goals for Milan, doesn't mean he can do it here in England.
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #14: Dec 04, 2008 05:36:14 pm
      Can someone please explain what the fuss is with Adriano - I've never rated him.

IMO he's the same as Ibrahimovich, massively overrated and believes all his own hype.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #15: Dec 04, 2008 05:52:16 pm
      No way,he would have fitted in with the "Spice Boys" era of Roy Evans regime,deffo not Rafa`s regime.
      No doubting he is a good player but with the reputation he has got i doubt Rafa will go near him alhough he did sign Pennant and he looks to be on his way out. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Dec 05, 2008 08:18:04 am
      So therefore I am right ;D :). I dont care who gets wasted on a friday night, aslong they are fit enough and in a fit state to play the game.

What an arrogant little tit you are. And thank god your not in charge of anyone's wellbeing, because by your, 'Do what you want' philosophy we'd all be in trouble.

Quick Reply