Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Who would you buy and sell this transfer season if...

Read 26481 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Who would you buy and sell this transfer season if...
      Nov 23, 2008 01:28:22 am
      a] If you had 15million to spend in this winter transfer who would you buy and sell, how much for and why?

b] If you had 5million to spend in this winter transfer who whould you buy and sell, how much for and why?

I think that given our situation at the moment the transfer kitty will be somewhere between these prices so for these prices who would like buy and sell if you were Rafa?

Sell:
      Pennant - 3.5mil, he's not getting much game time, won't break into the team and will free up some funds.
      Lucas - 3mil, he's not old so would get some money, but he's not good enough and won't break through with Masch, Xabi and Stevie to contend with.
      Voronin- 10pence, he's terrible, the sooner we get him off the wages the better.
      Itandje - 2mil, we don't need three keepers and Martin, get some cash for him
      Aurelio - 2.5 mil Either him or Dossena, and seeing as how we just signed Dossena, Aurelio should go.

Buy: a] 11 mil+15mil=26mil
             b] 11mill+5mill=16mill

a] Wright Phillips - 14mil        He has pace, would be good on right wing, Kuyt could then rotate with him or Keane/Torres up front
          Bale              - 6mil          He's young. Will be good in 2 years time, only downside is he might slow Insua's progress,
          Kevin Phillips   - 4mil         He's not bad, plays alright in lower leagues, would definitely get 4mil back for him if we sold him again.

b] Young (villa) - 9mil          Good winger, probably cheaper than Wright Phillips
           Bale           - 6mil           As above for Bale.

a] leaves 2mil to spend on young players
      b] leave 1mil to spend on young players.

scousedogg
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: Who would you buy and sell this transfer season if...
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2008 01:34:11 am
      Michael Owen. We'd get him for £5 million.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2008 02:35:12 am
      Buy Arsene Wenger and he can help us sign wonderkids. That's 20 million well spent :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2008 10:03:36 am
      Hmmm. Always like doing this.

OUT:

Pennant - 2 million. Could have been 4 but his behaviour knocks the price down.
      Lucas - 5 million. I reckon we could get some dosh for him from an Italian side or something.
      Benayoun - 6.5 million. Not happy, deal with it.

15 + 2 + 5 + 6.5 = 28.5 million.

Affelay - I love the kid, 12 million on him to trigger his clause and its the best money you'll spend. Can play across all the attacking midfield positions.

Rafinha - 10 million. Shift Arby to the left and he gets the right back spot, such a good player.

6.5 million to donate to the Jermaine Pennant Alcohol Rehabilitation Ward.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2008 10:12:39 am
      Is it in the hands of Rafa or the club directors.Whoever knows the answer to that one will clean up at the bookies.  He may look to sell Penant,Itanje,for starters but you never seem yo know whats in his mind,he may even throw Alonso on the market and go for Barry no one can say for sure,he is a very shrewd man and if he gets his own way we stand a great chance of getting the crown back.Just my quick point of view.javascript:void(0);
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2008 11:23:02 am
      Hmmm. Always like doing this.

OUT:

Affelay - I love the kid, 12 million on him to trigger his clause and its the best money you'll spend. Can play across all the attacking midfield positions.

Rafinha - 10 million. Shift Arby to the left and he gets the right back spot, such a good player.

If affelay arrived at anfield i would actually cream my pants a little :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2008 11:24:23 am
      a] If you had 15million to spend in this winter transfer who would you buy and sell, how much for and why?

b] If you had 5million to spend in this winter transfer who whould you buy and sell, how much for and why?

I think that given our situation at the moment the transfer kitty will be somewhere between these prices so for these prices who would like buy and sell if you were Rafa?

Sell:
      Pennant - 3.5mil, he's not getting much game time, won't break into the team and will free up some funds.
      Lucas - 3mil, he's not old so would get some money, but he's not good enough and won't break through with Masch, Xabi and Stevie to contend with.
      Voronin- 10pence, he's terrible, the sooner we get him off the wages the better.
      Itandje - 2mil, we don't need three keepers and Martin, get some cash for him
      Aurelio - 2.5 mil Either him or Dossena, and seeing as how we just signed Dossena, Aurelio should go.

Buy: a] 11 mil+15mil=26mil
             b] 11mill+5mill=16mill

a] Wright Phillips - 14mil        He has pace, would be good on right wing, Kuyt could then rotate with him or Keane/Torres up front
          Bale              - 6mil          He's young. Will be good in 2 years time, only downside is he might slow Insua's progress,
          Kevin Phillips   - 4mil         He's not bad, plays alright in lower leagues, would definitely get 4mil back for him if we sold him again.

b] Young (villa) - 9mil          Good winger, probably cheaper than Wright Phillips
           Bale           - 6mil           As above for Bale.

a] leaves 2mil to spend on young players
      b] leave 1mil to spend on young players.

SWP will not leave soo soon after re-joining

Ashley Young will cost at least 20million... at least
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2008 05:39:07 pm
      These are topics I always enjoy and always find funny because of the value placed on players. I think I will go with the assumption that we will get 10m quid in the kitty (looking from past season). Really I wouldn't change too much with the side in terms of selling or buying but;

Out
      Pennant 3m - It appears that he hasn't impressed Rafa enough in his few games so he will be sold

In
      Anyakov or Rafinha 13m - I would spend the kitty on a attack minded RB to have cover/competition for Arboloa because it seems Degen won't be fit for at least this season.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #8: Nov 23, 2008 06:49:27 pm
      out         pennant                3m
      out         keane                  12m     
      out         hyppia                  2.5     
      out         dossena                5           = 17.5 +15  = 32.5 mill to spend
      in           david villa or silva           32.5 m
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #9: Nov 23, 2008 07:09:10 pm
      out         pennant                3m
      out         dossena                5           = 17.5 +15  = 32.5 mill to spend
      in           david villa or silva           32.5 m
      3+12+2.5+5=22.5 So what would you do with the extra 5 mil?

I would make another attempt at a left back or one of Wenger's wonderkids.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Nov 23, 2008 07:26:01 pm

???
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #11: Nov 23, 2008 07:48:04 pm
      Gareth Bale.

We can't afford anyone else. Keane will not leave after 6 months despite his poor start. Rafa will keep Lucas until the summer just for cover if anything and Hyypia won't go for 2.5 million! I don't think Dossena will go that early so I'd shove him in the reserves and make Arbeloa, Aurelio and Bale compete for the 2 places. I've heard a bit about Rafinha but I'm not sure if he will adapt quickly and I'm not sure of his price. We all know Rafa doesn't spend hugely in January so lets forget Silva or Villa.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2008 05:54:18 am
      Hyypia to leave? And too make things more confusing, 2.5 million?

Keane, annoying as he can be, i think will be better next season and definately wont fetch 12 million if teams see we are desperate enough to sell him so quick. His age wont help either.

Forgot about Itandje, make it 1 million more for JP's ward. Also, Villa and Silva would be the most out of this world signing in a January. Never going to happen.

If not Affelay, Young would fit perfectly but it will never happen. MON and Rafa arent exactly pen pals right now. Minimum of 30 million there because he is a c**t.

Oh and Jonothan De Guzman, superstar coming through from Feyenoord. Dutch talent usually isnt inflated in price as they understand their league cant handle England, Italy and Spain which is much like South American teams.

Back to FM i go...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #13: Nov 24, 2008 06:49:35 am
      I guess those who i think are likely for me to sell when seas ends are Lucas, Dossena and Pennat

I'd like to see Gareth Bale(overrated at this point but can still improve as he's only 19) or Ibrahim Affelay. Hatem Ben Arfa anyone?

In another case, if I had my own ways, i'd buy Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Nov 24, 2008 09:14:06 am
      I guess those who I think are likely for me to sell when seas ends are Lucas, Dossena and Pennat

I'd like to see Gareth Bale(overrated at this point but can still improve as he's only 19) or Ibrahim Affelay. Hatem Ben Arfa anyone?

In another case, if I had my own ways, I'd buy Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott.

Ben Arfa just signed for Marseille and already had a rift with some players and his manager. Double negative, in this case doesnt add to a plus.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #15: Nov 24, 2008 04:04:59 pm
      Oh and Jonothan De Guzman, superstar coming through from Feyenoord. Dutch Canadian talent who opt for the Dutch cause he is a c**t usually isnt inflated in price as they understand their league cant handle England, Italy and Spain which is much like South American teams.

Edited for accuracy ;)

The only problem with with getting Bale is that Insua will be done because you pretty much got the same player. The is why I am more concern about getting someone for the right full back position.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #16: Nov 24, 2008 04:09:19 pm

It's incredibly clear to me that you never watch games.
      nathanlfc0708
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 24, 2008 04:27:52 pm
      if i had 15 mill i would Sergio Ramos from real madrid he has a peace on him so he dose n he is quick as well and he also plays defender right n centre or real madrids young left back Marcelo or million young striker pato he is a will be a Good sighing n i say i say i could the liverpool team on stop able so i could

and i would sell Robbie Keane 2 old there is a hole that of other strikers out there better than him so there is like torres paying of his fee?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #18: Nov 24, 2008 08:01:48 pm
      if I had 15 mill I would Sergio Ramos
      Welcome to the forum and all that but... your not serius right, you may want to times that 15mill by 2
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #19: Nov 24, 2008 08:11:56 pm
      Id spend every penny i could to bring Ribery to the club him and Riera running the wings we would be unstoppable
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #20: Nov 25, 2008 10:41:45 am
      It's incredibly clear to me that you never watch games.

Because he plays left/right midfield. So what? He was bought in as a left back and was sh*t there so is trying to get a game playing wide midfield.
      He's sh*t.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008 10:49:58 am by fletch_rox »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Nov 25, 2008 11:08:06 am
      Use the Spanish superpowers to persuade Fabregas to drop captaincy and join us!

But realistically speaking, I'd say a pacy winger like Aaron Lennon and a right back cover for Arbeloa.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #22: Nov 25, 2008 04:50:49 pm
      How about a real first choice left back? Aurelio is slightly inconsistent though he does shine through sometimes, and Dossena is a donkey. Spend 10million + on pure quality and it'll improve the team immensely, especially with how Benitez is getting the fullbacks to get forward more. Not exactly sure who though...

Quick Reply