Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Out, Injured!

Read 11367 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Out, Injured!
      Reply #46: Jan 08, 2009 11:47:13 am
      Cheers crouchy mate!

Can never get sick of that ad, especially the scoreboard at the footy stadium England 0-Cook Ilslands 6..gold!  ;D

Dont think we are a touchy lot JD but we do our best to protect what is ours and something the entire world has come to admire. Even you lot but you still give us stick but deep inside know it! ;)

As for the Bundy polar bear the slogan was introduced in the 1960's to imply that the rum could ward off the coldest chill. Bundaberg itself as an area is quite hot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #47: Jan 08, 2009 01:19:15 pm
      Dado what if us scousers said we wanted to protect what is ours LFC?

haven't you read this site enough - WE'RE NOT ENGLISH......WE'RE SCOUSE!

Whole different mentalitee (as Rafa would say) to the rest of this country

The Aussies and the English all wish they were SCOUSE!

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #48: Jan 08, 2009 01:34:54 pm
      Dado

Too right,

Dado, you might wanna check where im from.

Or did you think South Wales was in England?

Personally I love Australia, Melbourne in particular, unfortunately Sydney is over run with tourists....

Its up there with New Zealand for places of natural beauty.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2009 01:45:42 pm by Alastair »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Jan 08, 2009 02:05:44 pm
      Mate I dont care where you are from  I was responding to your comment. I am not an Aussie myself I migrated there from Croatia 14 years ago but I feel the need to defend a great country that has given me so much.

As for this "we are scouse" alot of scousers on here have commented on the topic taking the piss out of OZ. On that note I havent met a lot of scousers in person all the doosh's that come down here seem to be from London or so they say anyway. When I tell them I am LFC fan there comments are always the same why support that scouse scum then something about crime, theft and unemployment is always attached to that argument. That is the point where I back away because I dont know the social status of scousers and have never experienced the area personally.

Werent you also one of the lads over the moon with Englands WCQ campaign??
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #50: Jan 08, 2009 03:18:36 pm

First of all mate, I'm sure most Aussies are rapped to be just that, and don't wish to be Scouse.

Secondly, if you kept LFC to yourselves, then it would be downright criminal because keeping this majestic organisation to yourselves, the whole planet would have been deprived the chance to be awestruck, inspired and entertained for so long, so stop your selfish talk! ;)

That Bundy ad is a corker, and all you lads out there secretly know that. Choice beaches were shown. :lmao: :lmao:

As for the crack about English birds guys, I think you are wrong from my experience. I was in London recently, in the suburb of Kensington, and I nearly suffered whip-lash from all the stunning lasses gliding by. :o

I don't know if it was just that affluent area in particular, but I was quite impressed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #51: Jan 08, 2009 04:08:06 pm

Another Aussie after a bar job in London  >:D

Too easy this - like shooting fish in a barrel  :lmao:

Those comments were a wind-up and at least two bit!

Right thats the Irish and Aussies I've upset - watch out Alastair you Welsh are next!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #52: Jan 08, 2009 04:37:08 pm
      Quality thread this!!  :lmao:

Well in lads for having a sense of humour!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #53: Jan 08, 2009 06:03:17 pm

:laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Jan 09, 2009 12:12:43 pm
      Dado
      Too right,

Dado, you might wanna check where im from.

Personally I love Australia, Melbourne in particular, unfortunately Sydney is over run with tourists....

Its up there with New Zealand for places of natural beauty.

Sorry for again turning this into a us v them argument but Melbourne has nothing on Sydney, any celebrity in Australia goes to Sydney first and stays there. But no turning on your own kind.

As for wishing to be Scouse, no. I'm proud of my past and everything and content with where i come from and although i love Liverpool with all my heart i dont overly wish to be a local.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #55: Jan 09, 2009 12:21:08 pm
      I posted a couple of points just to wind people up.

In any case, as has been said before, and this may be of educational purposes for some Aussies who follow the reds:

The majority of scousers do not see themselves as English first.  The antipathy towards the England football team is enormous on Merseyside.  If you ever follow an international discussion etc you will see that the closer the Liverpool fan is to Liverpool itself - generally the least interested they will be.  When Gerrard didn't get the England captaincy a good number of us were pleased.

There was a clampdown on St. George's flags, Irish flags etc amongst the reds support recently - you may recall the 'Keep Flags Scouse' campaign.  In the vast majority of people's opinion there is nothing much worse at Anfield than seeing the Union Jack or the cross with Liverpool or a Liver bird on it.

(Although having said all that - bring on the Ashes!)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Jan 09, 2009 12:25:20 pm
      ^^^ I find myself loathing the national team too, dont really give a sh*t about them. I watch but usually switch the channel before half time.

As for the Ashes, you lot just won by cheating. How do you expect to win with your hierarchy in dismay and no chance of tampering with the ball again? Oh yeah, by trying to pip our best bolwer in history but hey, he said no.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #57: Jan 09, 2009 12:42:09 pm

Right thats the Irish and Aussies I've upset - watch out Alastair you Welsh are next!

Bring it on, although try and come up with something original that doesn't include - sheep, farms or mountains.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #58: Jan 09, 2009 12:45:25 pm
      Mate I dont care where you are from  I was responding to your comment. I am not an Aussie myself I migrated there from Croatia 14 years ago but I feel the need to defend a great country that has given me so much.

As for this "we are scouse" alot of scousers on here have commented on the topic taking the piss out of OZ. On that note I havent met a lot of scousers in person all the doosh's that come down here seem to be from London or so they say anyway. When I tell them I am LFC fan there comments are always the same why support that scouse scum then something about crime, theft and unemployment is always attached to that argument. That is the point where I back away because I dont know the social status of scousers and have never experienced the area personally.

Werent you also one of the lads over the moon with Englands WCQ campaign??

Uhh... no. Personally, I hate England football team, in fact i hate anywhere in england bar, north west and south west. But you are right, I really dislike Londaaaaaannnnnn, and the whole area of it, people think they are in another class there, everyone is like oh your from Wales, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhonnda and all this sh*te like we're inbred and theres no jobs here (only one of these is true ;) ). Its sad people get views of a place from what they;re told without actually experiencing it.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #59: Jan 09, 2009 09:05:13 pm

This Aussie isn't upset mate, and by the way, I was in London to discuss Thermal Dynamics with a firm. ;)

I'm actually in the timber flooring game.

That ad must have struck a nerve, but the Polar Bear had it right!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #60: Jan 10, 2009 03:56:41 am
      The bundy bear reminds me of the old coca-cola bear.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #61: Jan 19, 2009 03:23:48 pm
      When the entire nation is made up of crocodile wrestlers with pet dingo's, it really does make you think, doesn't it. :f_tongueincheek:

That was a reply to some of the discussion in the first page. It seems there was more intellectual debate than I gave credit for.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #62: Jan 19, 2009 05:02:09 pm
      When the entire nation is made up of crocodile wrestlers with pet dingo's, it really does make you think, doesn't it. :f_tongueincheek:

That was a reply to some of the discussion in the first page. It seems there was more intellectual debate than I gave credit for.

Wrestling crocodiles is why we're tough its also why london is full of blokes with boney girl arms because the only animals there are to wrestle are foxes and weasels and as for the dingoes we dont have them as pets they are just simply scapegoats in court trials.  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #63: Jan 19, 2009 05:06:27 pm
      Wrestling crocodiles is why we're tough its also why london is full of blokes with boney girl arms because the only animals there are to wrestle are foxes and weasels and as for the dingoes we dont have them as pets they are just simply scapegoats in court trials.  :laugh:

:lmao: :lmao:

Pisssing myself here at that one!!!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #64: Jan 19, 2009 06:36:54 pm
      Wrestling crocodiles is why we're tough

Then why are Aussies always injured is what I was asking. Keeps me up at night.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #65: Jan 19, 2009 06:54:04 pm
      Then why are Aussies always injured is what I was asking. Keeps me up at night.

Those crocs do have big teeth ;D.....but in all seriousness I think it might just be bad luck.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #66: Jan 19, 2009 10:53:47 pm
      An Aussie scored today.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,746 posts | 142