Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

The LFC Ticket office is a joke

Read 6274 times
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      The LFC Ticket office is a joke
      Jan 14, 2009 12:43:06 pm
      Now i don't know about you, but to me, the ticket office is an absoloute joke.

You can never get through during a general sale, and for what ever reason, there was no online sale, just phone only.

Now you'd think having 0151 on your number would be a benefit, but i know for a fact, tickets are held aside for out of towners to fill up coaches, as they spend alot more money on the club, and anyone who is on the lfc payroll have rights to tickets, which are then touted, i know a lad who worked in the warehouse and got tickets, he touted before he got sacked for stealing.

I thinks its absured local fans are being pushed away, and its not opinion, this is FACT!

And the best part is you can't even get a job in the ticket office, how can they not need more staff?
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 12:58:20 pm by JD, Reason: Title amended »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Re: The LFC Ticket office
      Reply #1: Jan 14, 2009 12:57:18 pm
      Two things hit home to me.

Firstly I can understand the reason for no online sale immediately.  Not every Liverpool fan has internet access.

But secondly I think the time really has come for window sales to be reintroduced first (as even less people are in a position to endlessly sit by the phone ringing and ringing the most anarchaic telephone ticketing system known to man).

Liverpool Football Club need to stop alienating their supporters and introduce something a lot fairer because the current system is an absolute farce.

Tickets should be available in person from Anfield before the club even think about online or telephone sales and I defy anybody to argue with the logic of that - other than Parry of course.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Re: The LFC Ticket office
      Reply #2: Jan 14, 2009 12:59:26 pm
      as long as parry is in charge, financial gain is first and foremost, as long as they make more money through thomas cook, out of towners visiting, and supporters clubs round the world all getting 10 tickets each to allocate for all home games, local fans will never be given priority
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: The LFC Ticket office is a joke
      Reply #3: Jan 14, 2009 01:02:27 pm
      Even though i'm not in the city and it'd disadvantage me should i ever visit the motherland, i agree JD. The reason i hate Scum and Chelski is because they're fans are plastic bas**rds who go for the show and thats it, they say they went to their teams home game and then thats it.

I would much rather miss out on a ticket and it go to a local who has been working their arse off to just see one match. The club is called Liverpool after all, not OOT-erpool (very bad imagination, sorry, but you see my point).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #4: Jan 14, 2009 01:06:40 pm
      as long as parry is in charge, financial gain is first and foremost, as long as they make more money through thomas cook, out of towners visiting, and supporters clubs round the world all getting 10 tickets each to allocate for all home games, local fans will never be given priority

I just don't understand their reasoning though.  They're making it ridiculously hard for the average working-man (or woman) with money in their pocket to get a ticket.  The only people who can get a ticket at the moment due to the telephone system are:

- students
      - people unemployed
      - people off work sick
      - people skiving off their job
      - self-employed

I can't imagine many hard working fellas in factories and offices etc can possibly try and get tickets by having to press redial ad infinitum for hours on end.

And I bet the huge cost of constant redialling doesn't even go to the club if my knowledge of the way the reds are run is anything to go by.

The system is a disgrace - but then it is symptomatic of the shocking way the club is run.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #5: Jan 14, 2009 01:12:02 pm
      I just don't understand their reasoning though.  They're making it ridiculously hard for the average working-man (or woman) with money in their pocket to get a ticket.  The only people who can get a ticket at the moment due to the telephone system are:

- students
      - people unemployed
      - people off work sick
      - people skiving off their job
      - self-employed

I can't imagine many hard working fellas in factories and offices etc can possibly try and get tickets by having to press redial ad infinitum for hours on end.

And I bet the huge cost of constant redialling doesn't even go to the club if my knowledge of the way the reds are run is anything to go by.

The system is a disgrace - but then it is symptomatic of the shocking way the club is run.

i have been all but the last one, im currently unemployed, and i save and make sure i got money for a matchday, and i never can get a ticket, only twice have i gotten a ticket over the phone, its either online, post or not at all, the issue is simple, once all the players and staff supporters get their tickets sorted, the season ticket holders and PTS are done, once hospitality is done, once all the supporters clubs around the world recieve their ten tickets each, and then staff in other area's of the club get theirs, then tickets are put aside to fill up coaches the club puts on for OOT to travel to anfield THEN it goes on sale to everyone else, 10 000 go on sale to around 80 000 people calling
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #6: Jan 14, 2009 01:28:33 pm
      Said it for a long time our ticket office takes the piss. Applying for a ticket is becoming a more and more closed shop as each season passes.
      With the season tickets, pts, members/fancards, Thomas Cook - one question How are the young/future Liverpool fans (like us 30 odd year olds that used to pay a £5 to get on the kop) going to get tickets for the game? How does say a scouse 15/16 year old first find £29 for a members card, then try to find £36+ for tickets?

But hey at least with got legal touting like Thomas Cook to sell their wonderful packages  :f_steam:

T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #7: Jan 14, 2009 01:29:59 pm
      Blame the touters, there the ones knicking tickets with there 20 odd fancards and making money off the clubs back. These are the people you want to vent your understandable anger towards and their both scouse fans and OOT fans!

I agree 100%, im an OOT and although I feel I deserve a ticket as much as anyone because I adore the club (im from Kent), I do agree that locals should be given a fairer chance, after all they are the city's people. So personally I dont think you can blame OOT's entirely, you should blame the club itself for alienating true fans - both scouse and non-scose and the b***ard touters who care more for themself than the club!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2009 01:46:05 pm
      It's not just touts though.

Its the whole system of how tickets are sold?

By alienating local fans, they are pushing them towards buying off touts, and by making it a closed shop they are also pushing OOT fans into the hands of the touts.

Plus fans walking round saying they'll pay £200 for a ticket doesn't help either, plenty of times in the past I've heard this outside The Park or The Albert 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2009 04:18:01 pm
      The system is more than a joke.

I can be at Anfield on foot in 20 mins. I can be there on wheels in five minutes. At any time of the day or night. It's literally my local club.

But the job I do means I don't have internet access and I've been 'monitored' using the work phone.

So other than post, I'm fu**ed.

You'll Never Walk Alone eh. Well there's bound to be loads of local people in the same position as me. Walking alone.

Thanks LFC.

TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2009 05:31:41 pm
      The system is more than a joke.

I can be at Anfield on foot in 20 mins. I can be there on wheels in five minutes. At any time of the day or night. It's literally my local club.

But the job I do means I don't have internet access and I've been 'monitored' using the work phone.

So other than post, I'm fu**ed.

You'll Never Walk Alone eh. Well there's bound to be loads of local people in the same position as me. Walking alone.

Thanks LFC.

lets just stick to AFC Liverpool
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2009 06:09:57 pm
      It's a disgrace.
      Should never alienate the local fan base for OOT-ers, no matter how much more they pay.

It means the club loses it's identity.
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2009 07:25:10 pm
      sometimes you can be on the phone for half a hour or more in a queing system then all of a sudden it just cuts off.its happend to me more than once.
      rayhibs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2009 07:42:08 pm
      Well I agree with you that the system is a joke. We should be doing it like Chelsea or Man City on a points basis. 5 points for lesser games 3 for medium and 1 for the big games and then all you would get going is the genuine fan who goes to every game. Now I'm from Ireland and I have to listen to a lot of rubbish about being an out of towner as you put it. I take exception to that. I've been going to Anfield for over 30 years and the last game v Bolton was my 445 home game not to mention Europe and away games so please stop tarring us all with the same brush. I spent 4 hours today trying to get through for the Chelsea game with no luck. I made 3700 attempts and it cost me €97 just to be told to try again as all operators are busy. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh they drive me to drink haha. Good luck.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2009 09:29:31 pm by Reslivo, Reason: post tidied up »
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #14: Jan 14, 2009 08:06:24 pm
      Just a quickie, for newbie how do they get involved now, since the club doesnt give out fancards now, and if i remember i was asked for my fancard number when i paid for membership, so yo cant get that without fancard, I have a young cousin who is developing an interest in football and would like to take him up.

i agree with whats been said, thats kinda why you can always get to see Cardiff around here, by nipping down to the office and picking up tickets, you can even ring through and pay online, but you have to pickup from the office. no fancard, membership, nothing, only stubs for FA Cup games.
      rayhibs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 14, 2009 08:20:04 pm
      u will have to join the supporters club because u get a card when u join that.adults are £29 and kids £20.the card u get is ur fancard from then on so u quote that number whenever ur asked for it.its worth having just to have a chance of getting tickets on the exchange scheme.good luck.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #16: Jan 14, 2009 09:32:24 pm
      u will have to join the supporters club because u get a card when u join that.adults are £29 and kids £20.the card u get is ur fancard from then on so u quote that number whenever ur asked for it.its worth having just to have a chance of getting tickets on the exchange scheme.good luck.

I have membership and an original fancard, its just i want to take my cousin with me so was wondering about him. As far as i know the club is no longer issuing fan cards - therefore this must mean that there will be more general sales, not on really since regulars will struggle for tickets.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #17: Jan 14, 2009 09:42:19 pm
      Keep it on topic.

Fancards have been replaced by Membership cards yonks ago - details in the Ticket board.

I gave it a good go today trying to get a pair of Chelsea tickets but no joy.  Definitely something the SOS should be having words about.  If Liverpool are going to continue to alienate local fans AS well as out of town supporters than they may as well just forget about the new stadium because the vast majority of people will have lost that 'regular match attending' feeling.

Nice one Rick Parry you complete w**ker (and why are you still in a job anyway?)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,410 posts | 2829 
      Reply #18: Jan 14, 2009 09:51:37 pm
      because the vast majority of people will have lost that 'regular match attending' feeling.

Important point that and it's so true.

I've lost that feeling already.

I'm an out of town supporter but I used to make the trip to Liverpool every home league game to watch them and well now I'm lucky to get a game a month as I can't get tickets and that buzz you get making the trip with your mates has just faded completely.

It's a F***ing disgrace, the picture when Keane scored summed it up with all those cameras. They weren't celebrating they were just taking photos as it was there big day.

It's shambolic that the club don't give a toss for local and out of town fans.

Can't see it being sorted soon though.
      rayhibs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 14, 2009 10:04:27 pm
      yeah ur spot on.i have no problem with people going to games from anywhere in the world.i actually bring over kids teams from where i live to games but always for small games like west brom or who ever is promoted.the big games should be only for the real genuine fans but the club dont care about them so it will always be a free for all.
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #20: Jan 14, 2009 10:38:26 pm
      OK, so we all feel the same problems, but whats the solution?, i personally think that if you support you support and should be entitled to a ticket if you gonna show and now tout your ticket.
      maybe some sort of system which links your ID to your ticket and therefore only the ID holder who bought the ticket can enter.
      this does seem like it would only work for internet buyers though a full system using phones and post im not sure. what does everyone think? maybe there can be something forwarded to the relevant people to get a decent structure in place.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Jan 14, 2009 10:45:23 pm
      Turn up with a suit on and a platinum credit card and you will soon get tickets
      rayhibs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 14, 2009 11:01:29 pm
      The man city system is not to bad.you have a card for the season and when u purchase tcks its automatically put on your card and your card is then ur ticket so touts would think twice about giving people their cards going into a match.i know if i paid £150 quid for a ticket off a tout no way would i find him after the game to give it back to him.

Quick Reply