Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Everton v Liverpool - match thread

Read 68386 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Everton v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #644: Feb 04, 2009 11:07:29 pm
      Hmm...we do only have 1 real striker in the squad who was playing sh*te...what do we expect? And well f**king done Lucas for putting us a man down.

The first yellow he bagged was wrong.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #645: Feb 04, 2009 11:08:01 pm
      Xabi was poor tonight in my opinion. I'd still rather see Gerrard attacking corners rather than taking them.

That's what I said during the match.

But Xabi's deliveries were sub standard. Bit too much for us tonight this match.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #646: Feb 04, 2009 11:09:02 pm
      That was a disgrace tonight, the worst performance of the season, after watching that don't know how Rafa can say we don't need another striker, we were toothless tonight, when Torres isn't scoring we have no one else to put the ball in the net obviously barring Gerrard, would it not have made sense to keep Robbie would could have put him in Gerrard's position tonight is that not were he was bought for, only Skertel Carragher and Reina can hold there head up after that game, the Lucas experiment failed again, Dossena was hopeless, Reira has really gone backwards, Arbeloas defending was awful for the goal, You wouldn't even see it in schoolboy football, doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, we really have being struggling to score lately. I'm very disappointed tonight
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #647: Feb 04, 2009 11:09:08 pm
      Eh come on, he just had an off game, usually Xabi's set pieces are pretty good.

Xabi was poor tonight by his own high standards.  His passing was a bit sloppy at times, he gave the ball away that led to their goal.

Anyway let the bitter cu*ts have their 5 minutes in the spotlight, they will get fu**ed out in the next round while we'll still be challenging in Europe and for the league.  We sit at the top table, they slum it in the streets, the toe rags.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #648: Feb 04, 2009 11:09:31 pm
      Worst possible scenario when you think of it though.

120 minutes of tiring football, Gerrard injured, Torres off form, and a defeat.

Even if we won it wouldn't have been worth it.

Hopefully Gerrard's back soon.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #649: Feb 04, 2009 11:09:35 pm
      unlucky redmen, unlucky lucas that was a terrible decision by the ref for the 1st booking. look at the positives, we are out of a none priority competition, our rivals have to play at least an extra game and we have a rest (mind you with it being valentines weekend how many players will actually get a rest  ;D) I wonder when the DVD is out?
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #650: Feb 04, 2009 11:10:48 pm
      babel should of been on for Torres after an hour. he was clearly jaded.

and itv are a joke.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #651: Feb 04, 2009 11:11:37 pm
      Xabi was poor tonight in my opinion. I'd still rather see Gerrard attacking corners rather than taking them.

IMO, Riera crosses a good ball whilst running at a player, why not give him a chance at pinging a few into the area? Xabi and stevie then able to pick up the tit bits on the edge of the area. also, if all goes wrong from the cross stevie isn't stuck out at the corner flag, he would be in the thisck of it winning the ball back??
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #652: Feb 04, 2009 11:13:10 pm
      What I've said about Arbeloa is there for everyone to see, he's just not tough and fast enough and a liability. How can he backed off to the wrong side of the post and stood there like a statue and allowed that idiot ghostling the space to score is something i don't understand. Had it been Jamie he would have put his foot in and broke that idiot's leg. When you are attacked in the penalty box you harrass the opposition and don't start dilly-dallying. Arbeloa and Lucas and a few other average players will cost us dearly. Robbie may be having the last laugh by now.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #653: Feb 04, 2009 11:14:04 pm
      Worst possible scenario when you think of it though.

120 minutes of tiring football, Gerrard injured, Torres off form, and a defeat.
      Even if we won it wouldn't have been worth it.

Hopefully Gerrard's back soon.
      definetly worst case scenario. but at least Lucas will miss a few games
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #654: Feb 04, 2009 11:15:05 pm
      Never really done enough to win that game tonight. Thought we mite hold out for pens but not to be. Personally if we win on sat against portsmouth I can deal with losing this. Bigger games ahead
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #655: Feb 04, 2009 11:15:31 pm
      Poor ,nuff said.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #656: Feb 04, 2009 11:15:46 pm
      Good shout got carried away and forgot thet fcker.
      sorry to have to say it but we 1st lost this season to spurs in  a league game buddy
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #657: Feb 04, 2009 11:16:45 pm
      Obviously done in over that game. But these things happen and we must focus on the bigger competitions that they're not good enough to be in.

At least we've taken four points off them this season.

Would have been great to have the bragging rights ONCE AGAIN, but at least we got them in the league which is more important.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #658: Feb 04, 2009 11:18:04 pm
      i feel quite agrieved that it didn't go to pens, i've always enjoyed them whoever plays.

and especially with our record in them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #659: Feb 04, 2009 11:18:37 pm
      I don't know why but this defeat doesn't hurt as much as I'd expected it to.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #660: Feb 04, 2009 11:20:02 pm

Same feelings here. I think a lost league game would hurt more.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #661: Feb 04, 2009 11:20:20 pm

I agree but who would take them then?  I know Xabi can deliver better than he did tonight but I've noticed before he has a tendency to overhit corners and free kicks.  I don't think anybody can deliver a ball better than Gerrard in the team.

If its any consolation to Xabi then Dossena's crossing was far worse.  He's in acres of space and continually hits first time balls across the ground. You'd think he'd learn to stop the ball first.  And his crossing is usually his strong point  ::)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #662: Feb 04, 2009 11:21:19 pm

Definitely not.

The fact of the matter is. They needed extra time to beat our 10 men. We lost our Captain after 14 minutes and Torres was carrying a knock. This is potentially the biggest thing to happen to them for about 10 years.

The only problem I have is trying to get on with my work tomorrow day with all of them going on.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #663: Feb 04, 2009 11:21:40 pm

I can relate to that mate.

Losing three points to them would have been harder to take for me.

Still done in about it. But it could be worse.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #664: Feb 04, 2009 11:21:54 pm
      Good shout got carried away and forgot thet fcker.

just pay more attention to what you're saying in future!! dont know where to find the winks, so nudge nudge ........wink wink ;D just a humerous reply
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #665: Feb 04, 2009 11:22:02 pm
      No it does mate, I'm just not going to bang on about it.

Feel quite sick at the moment, BUT, when were sunning ourselves in Madrid etc, what will those Waltzer spinning retarded sock robbing wankers be doing.

Oh and highlight for me seeing some Everton fan with an Everton scarf that had a welsh badge on it too.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #666: Feb 04, 2009 11:22:03 pm
      I know I don't live in the Merseyside area, therefore everyone that do are bound to get much more stick than me (although I'll get it off a bag full of United fans), but I just don't feel THAT bothered about going out. Obviously I'm a bit gutted to an extent, but were we really going to last the big push for the league if we're playing FA cup games (with the possibility of replays, especially in the 5th round against Villa) in mid week until May. We're still in the two major competitions. We'll get a couple of breaks in mid week now. The Mancs and Chelsea will be playing games. Hopefully that trip to wherever the F**k they went for the World Club Championship will hit them like a ton of bricks in February/March/April. I hope the Mancs and Chelsea get to the final and play through extra time. Ending with 100 - 101 penalty shoot out.

Quick Reply