Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

What is it fair to call Roy?

Read 4553 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: What is it fair to call Roy?
      Reply #23: Nov 15, 2010 10:43:44 pm
       Whatever he is called he does not deserve to be called the manager of Liverpool Football Club.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #24: Nov 15, 2010 11:36:16 pm
      He is Mr. Roy HodgArseson and Koncheson & Poulson are his sons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #25: Nov 15, 2010 11:42:33 pm
      I usually call him Roy or Hodgson depending on how much he has pissed me off.

Agree with the sentiments of the topic but I also understand the frustration a lot of you have and sometimes this boils over to the manager getting called anything but his name.

It may not be right and I don't necessarily agree with it but I do understand sometimes that he pisses people off so much that they resort to calling him names.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #26: Nov 16, 2010 12:33:25 am
      I call him Roy Hodgson because thats his name.
      I call him Roy believe it or not!
      Woy.  That's what he calls himself.

Ok, fair enough on the jokes guys. I wanted to call the thread: "Is it ok to call Roy a c**t?" but the rules of the forum says:

2) SWEARING IS ALLOWED (BUT NOT IN TOPIC TITLES)

So I figured I better formulate the topic title differently. But actually I thought of the topic as a more serious question, so now that the obvious joke is exhausted... do you really believe he is trying to damage the club on purpose or wind up fans on purpose? If you take the Roy-hatred glasses of for a minute?

He is a joke complete f**king joke

I'd go with that one. As I see it, (complete F***ing) joke insults his abilities but not his intentions. I find that one fair.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Nov 16, 2010 12:38:57 am

I'd go with that one. As I see it, (complete F***ing) joke insults his abilities but not his intentions. I find that one fair.

As I said mate I can be critical of Roy, by calling him Roy or Hodgson or Roy Hodgson as that is his name, I don't feel the need to call him a complete F***ing joke as his managerial prowess does that for him.

Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #28: Nov 16, 2010 01:07:24 am
      Personally, I just call him roy but, I can see why some people would refer to him by some of the other names that have been mentioned. It is not just down to his ineptitude as far as his footballing tactics go. It is his apparent disrespect towards others. Referring to fans as a group of people, having digs at Rafa and Kenny, insulting our intelligence at press conferences. I could go on but, I think you get the idea.

Basically, I think some call him a c**t or a tw*t because of this, not because he has us playing bad football. Now whether he does this on purpose or not is another question, to which I don't know the answer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Nov 16, 2010 01:21:52 am
      Whatever he is called he does not deserve to be called the manager of Liverpool Football Club.

Thats the one Billy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Nov 16, 2010 01:25:30 am
      I personally think Roy is a great guy. A real character that I could speak to all day long. However, there's a difference from being that and a good manager. So as a manager I would personally label him as "hopeless" or "clueless" with his tactics.

I think you need to read up on some of the things he has done and said since hes been here. Two-faced comes to mind for me.

Look, i make no apologies for the times that ive called him a c**t. Heat of the moment, anyone who knows me knows i aint afraid to use whatever words i feel necessary to express my feelings. And at times, i feel he has been a bloody tw*t. We say it about Ferguson when he says stupid things, why not say it about our own manager when he is just as much of an idiot? IMO its a double standard to call another manager a tw*t when he says something stupid, but then to say its "beneath us to do it to our own manager" - i know we hold ourselves as good fans, but at the same time in reality we are just human, and i feel that this being a forum i should be able to come on here and call him a tw*t when he has been one.

However, generally i do call him Roy. I only call him a tw*t or whatever when he is being one.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #31: Nov 16, 2010 02:14:38 am
      I think club-wrecking pr**k is fair.

He's insulted us countless times, it's only fair we fight back.

I mean, we don't take this sh*t sitting down -- surely?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Nov 16, 2010 02:21:49 am
      Agree Billy, but with all due respect there is 195 pages of wonderfull discussion about that subject here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=32208.0

In this thread I was trying to start a discussion about what Roy's true intentions are and whether it is fair to call Roy a c**t.

As I said mate I can be critical of Roy, by calling him Roy or Hodgson or Roy Hodgson as that is his name, I don't feel the need to call him a complete f**king joke as his managerial prowess does that for him.
      I know what you are saying, but I think you also know what Im asking. Reading your posts you would say: Roy is out of his depth, Roy is a small club manager and things like that. Others will say he is a c**t, tw*t etc. My question is if he fits the description c**t? Or is that over the top hatred towards a man who tries hard but fails miserably due to his lack of knowledge and talent at what he does?

Look, I make no apologies for the times that ive called him a c**t. Heat of the moment, anyone who knows me knows I aint afraid to use whatever words I feel necessary to express my feelings. And at times, I feel he has been a bloody tw*t. We say it about Ferguson when he says stupid things, why not say it about our own manager when he is just as much of an idiot? IMO its a double standard to call another manager a tw*t when he says something stupid, but then to say its "beneath us to do it to our own manager" - I know we hold ourselves as good fans, but at the same time in reality we are just human, and I feel that this being a forum I should be able to come on here and call him a tw*t when he has been one.

However, generally I do call him Roy. I only call him a tw*t or whatever when he is being one.
      I know things are said in the heat of the moment. I was more interested what people thought in off heat moments.

Im not saying that he shouldnt be called stuff because he is the Liverpool manager. My point was that when Ferguson for example brands Torres a diver he does it to harm the image and integrity of our best player. He tries to put us down. That makes him a c**t. When Hodgson doesnt defend Torres against Ferguson its in a misunderstood attempt of being Mr. Non-controversy-nice-guy because he thinks that helps our image. When Roy calls Johnson crap in the media its a miserably failed attempt at motivating a player. At least, thats what I think, thats my theory about Roy. I think his intentions are good, his solutions are crap. Thats why I wont call him a c**t. I might be wrong so I started this thread to discuss it.

Well no, he's not a c**t. He (as much as it doesn't look like it) is trying to do what he believes will be the best for the club. Just because we don't agree with his methods doesn't make the man a c**t.

If I was appointed manager tomorrow, I would try my best for the club, but I would no doubt fail at the job. I wouldn't be a c**t for it though, I just wouldn't be good enough to do the job required. And that's Roy's problem.
      Exactly how I feel.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 16, 2010 02:44:56 am
      what have we become.
      a topic about wether or not its alright to call the present liverpool manager a c**t.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #34: Nov 16, 2010 03:08:29 am
      I think club-wrecking pr**k is fair.

He's insulted us countless times, it's only fair we fight back.

I mean, we don't take this sh*t sitting down -- surely?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. In the summer he was asked if he wanted the job as manager. Now he is doing what he was asked to do with extremely poor results. The man with the power to axe him is remaining passive. Who is wrecking the club?

He called us a group of people and your fight-back response is to call him a pr**k?

Btw. in this article he doesnt sound like the evil villain who wants to nuke Anfield on a sold-out matchday:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/roy-hodgson-feels-for-liverpool-fans-14983888.html
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Nov 16, 2010 03:16:44 am
      I make my apologies now if my language offends anyone, as I am guilty of calling him a c**t.
      What I will not do is retract saying it in the heat of the moment following the Stoke game and the way he treats our players. [Johnson and Agger]

But if it smells like a fish, looks like a fish and tastes like a fish, its a fish.
      He is a c**t.

Call me what you like.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Nov 16, 2010 04:00:43 am
      I make my apologies now if my language offends anyone, as I am guilty of calling him a c**t.
      What I will not do is retract saying it in the heat of the moment following the Stoke game and the way he treats our players. [Johnson and Agger]

But if it smells like a fish, looks like a fish and tastes like a fish, its a fish.
      He is a c**t.

Call me what you like.

It was not my intention to judge anyone for what they choose to call the manager. If I made it sound like that then I apologise. As I said, in my world it is the intention of your actions that define if you are a c**t, tw*t, etc.

Take the Johnson situation. He bashed Johnson in public one day and came out the next and apologised and said he didnt intend to criticise the player. If he indeed wanted to take a dump on Johnson because he doesnt rate him or like him, then Id call Roy a c**t. But to me the situation smells much more like someone who has no idea how to deal with the media when it comes to man-management. I sounded as if he though he did a good job motivating Johnson. If that is the case, he tried to do something good and failed miserably. Then Id call him stupid but not a c**t.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #37: Nov 16, 2010 04:35:38 am
      Take the Johnson situation. He bashed Johnson in public one day and came out the next and apologised and said he didnt intend to criticise the player. If he indeed wanted to take a dump on Johnson because he doesnt rate him or like him, then Id call Roy a c**t. But to me the situation smells much more like someone who has no idea how to deal with the media when it comes to man-management. I sounded as if he though he did a good job motivating Johnson. If that is the case, he tried to do something good and failed miserably. Then Id call him stupid but not a c**t.
      The way i see it i have to say I disagree, let us not kid ourselves by saying Roy has no man-management skills. For god sake he has been a manager even before carra was born. I see a criticism when i see one and the johnson situation was criticism to the extreme a case of completely undermining the player. We all say he should have dealt with it within the club but he didn't, So the question is why did he go to the media? Maybe he has his reasons but to say Woy does not have man management ability for the amount of years he has been in the business is baffling. Maybe Woy is on a methodological process to weed out those players he doesn't like and to deflect attention to his failing on the pitch by blaming players. Have we not have enough of his double talk. When he first came he said the ownership situation does not affect him; he also said we were over-staffed; he promised to play an attacking style;  he said poulsen was a good player; he gave the number 10 shirt to Jova, i could go on and on about his lies. He slated Rafa, Agger, Johnson, Reina, etc, and after doing so he would say it was not intended and apologized promptly. What kind of a man would have this kind of duplicity. Most importantly he told the fans to judge him after 10 games and now that the 10 games are over and he has delivered nothing other than bullshit he comes out and says he is a 38-55 games man, so what he is saying is that 10 games to judge him is too less and he should be judged at the end of the season. Although all the above points i have highlighted may show us that he is inept with dealing with the press or players i remain unconvinced that that is the case. I think a man with a 35 year old management career who has managed so many clubs and countries cannot suddenly forget basic man management skills. Of course his negative tactics are a legend of sorts but as a manager he was renowned for his man-management skills so where did it go? The way i see it Woy is doing this intentionally, I don't know why but i just get that feeling that perhaps he does not really have the good of the club in his heart and to suspect such from such a conniving gentleman that Roy is should not be too far-fetched. Maybe he is trying to ensure that his best pal fungusface gets the 19 as easy as possible and by the time Roy is through this season i don't know how many of our internationals will remain therefore, the longer he remains the harder it will become for the New Manager to rebuild this glorious club. To conclude I have to say i dont feel like calling Roy a tw*t or anything but i will have to say that whenever i see his face especially his crooked nose i am reminded of Shylock from the Merchant of Venice.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #38: Nov 16, 2010 05:03:10 am
      I am sure Roy is aware his actions are hurting the interests of the club so the question is Why does he do all this sh*t?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Nov 16, 2010 07:25:10 am
      Snide, nasty and vile are descriptions I find myself using more and more about Hodgson. I don't like him as a man but I don't think (I may be wrong) that i've ever called him a c**t, tw*t or f**ker.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #40: Nov 16, 2010 12:01:29 pm
      Agree with the essence of the thread, don't wanna abuse the man with words that are more appropriate with Ferguson or Refs like Lee Mason.
      However, I never wanted him as manger in the first place and can understand peoples frustration with him my own included.
      He's lifting his wages under false pretences as he is clearly not up to the job. The fact that he's been in the job of football management for more than thirty five years without been found out is a miracle in itself.

Roy may be remembred as the man who nearly won something but the word I think describes our Woy the best is 'Chancer'.

Pure and simple, he's a f***in chancer.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #41: Nov 16, 2010 12:05:16 pm
      Lets put it this way unless there is a massive change of fortunes and improvement in his ability to do a decent interview without praising the opposition he will get called a lot worse.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #42: Nov 16, 2010 12:07:03 pm
      Call him a cab and get King Kenny in ;-)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #43: Nov 16, 2010 12:48:34 pm
      Topic Locked.

Over the top personal abuse of the manager has no place on this forum and we've already discussed this.  Question his footballing abilities and suitability for the Liverpool job perhaps - but petty name calling is childish.

Quick Reply