Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Real Madrid vs Liverpool - CL 1st Leg - Match-thread

Read 41595 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Real Madrid vs Liverpool - CL 1st Leg - Match-thread
      Reply #345: Feb 26, 2009 08:06:14 am
      awesome result & performance, and done again without gerrard & torres for most of the match.

Yossi is playing great just now he has really stepped up lately.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #346: Feb 26, 2009 08:17:10 am
      Great to score a goal from a set-piece,something in which we have been found wanting.We controlled the game very well & they never looked like scoring against us.Torres as expected was manhandled by them & I hope the knock he got doesnt keep him out of any games.I wish that Alonso shot had gone in.  :laugh:
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #347: Feb 26, 2009 08:30:48 am
      Great delivery by Fabio, good finish by Yossi.

Only to be expected though.

After all don't we always beat Real Madrid 1 - 0 ?  ;D
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #348: Feb 26, 2009 08:36:27 am
      Yeah big up to Aurelio on the delivery of the free kick after Alonso's one i think Rafa had to change it Alonso seems to hit a lot of them too high. 
      westerlies
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -1 
      Reply #349: Feb 26, 2009 09:22:24 am
      clean sheet, an away goal = good result.

Yossi my MotM.

& Alonso nearly scored from our own half. xD
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #350: Feb 26, 2009 11:02:35 am
      Was that a joy to your ears hearing 6000 Reds fans singing Raffa's name out loud ?Still got butterflies now 15 hours later.What a MASTER tactician.Well you Raffa bashing B*****ds where are you now??
      Don't think big boss Carra at the back has been given enough credit for a huge performance keeping Real at bay IMO.
      MOTM Yossi ? Definitely.(Agree with earlier post)he (Yossi) would have been MOTM even before he scored that winner.
      Have to agree with most criticism re: Reira, very poor last night and has been so for some weeks,Needs to stop trying to be flash and get back to what he does best.Can't wait for the return at OUR PLACE.
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
                                                           YNWA>>>>>>>IRWT.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #351: Feb 26, 2009 12:41:22 pm
      I thought Mascherano was outstanding as soon as they came over the halfway line he was at them. But overall we were excellent Riera needs to be more positive although he did cover very well for Aurelio against that diving geek Robin. Again the fans were brilliant and it was great to hear them sing for Rafa.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #352: Feb 26, 2009 12:51:00 pm
      Great result for the Reds last night,just hope that our home form can improve,Then Real Madrid will be not such a threat in the second leg
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #353: Feb 26, 2009 12:55:44 pm
      Brilliant result last night still buzzing now. Well done boys.

IRWT
      kopthelot1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #354: Feb 26, 2009 01:44:27 pm
      great result  yossi man of the match even before his goal.thought mascherano played an excellent part.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #355: Feb 26, 2009 02:07:26 pm
      for those of you who missed it here it is on a download   ha ha

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2320846
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #356: Feb 26, 2009 02:37:08 pm
      Still cant stop thinking about it.Carra and Skertel superb
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #357: Feb 26, 2009 03:12:51 pm

Kudos to our away fans, I could hear them singing for most of the game, made up they were chanting Rafa's name  ;)  Looking forward to the next leg at Anfield were we can finish them off !!

It was brilliant, you could really hear iton the tele :D

I thought it was a great game, Madrid never really worried me, bring on the 2nd leg and everyone's voices in full song :D :D
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #358: Feb 26, 2009 03:37:53 pm
      I'd say Masch was MOTM.
      He was crucial in stopping their attacks outside the 18 yard box. He was everywhere.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #359: Feb 26, 2009 04:33:47 pm
      And excellent performance from the lads ,without our talismatic Leader (more than capable deputy in Carra though !) Gerrard and a nobbled Nino !
      Before this game (which i correctly predicted by the way ! :f_tongueincheek:), Madrid and Barca were the teams I feared in this tournament but after last nights performance we have nothing to fear, Madrid are in form at the moment and its Barca who are slipping,we ourselves are now on the accendency!
      This result can do nothing but boost our confidence going into the next two games, that will reduce our deficit to a single point and switch the pressure onto the Scum ! ;D
      I.R.W.T. :kop5cf8koxp6:

What happend in the stands`? On the telly they said there were a fight or something.
      It was in the Madrid end, no where near our lads!!!
      whats betting that one or other of the unmentionable tabloids blame a rogue spanish liverpool fan for being in the wrong end (and NO, it WASN'T me)! ;D

Right, My first post here. Just want to say well done to the boys tonight. Thought it was looking like we were going to have to do all the work back in Anfield. I've never been convinced of Yossi's ability but I'm glad I've been proven wrong over the last few games. He deserved his goal tonight Lets hope both Stevie and Nando are fully fit for the return leg. Is it too early to start talking about number 6  ;D
      excellent first post, makes a refreshing change from the knee jerk Rafa bashing brigade we normally get !

Liverpool is your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife
      I think the word you're looking for Brian is life partner !  ;D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #360: Feb 26, 2009 06:34:35 pm
      What an awesome performance!!

We hustled and harried them all match long. What a collective effort that was. Our defence looked like a rock and Mascherano gave it his selfless best in midfield with so many important tackles and steals.

I'm just so proud of the boys and of Rafa. How we silenced the full and loud Bernabeu at the end was priceless.

Well taken goal by Yossi, after a lovely ball in by Fabio.

We fear no one in Europe and they all fear us. I hope this confidence continues to take us to Rome for no.6.

Go the MIGHTY REDS!! :clap: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #361: Feb 26, 2009 09:27:35 pm
      Watched a replay of the game on a full screen telly last night as opposed to the live stream on my work computer.

Wow, the fans were absolutely fantastic...was singing with them on my lounge.  ;D

My MOTM goes to the fans, closely folled by Monster Masch...he was just everywhere.

Must say the yellows given to Masch, Torres and Riera were a joke and need to be rescinded. F***ing FA won't though but I do hope LFC do lodge a request to have the cards dismissed.

Also want to add that slippery, slimey, diving cheating b***ard Robben, still hasn't changed...how Pepe saved that shot of his, still amazes me...I think he saved it with his shoulder.  ;D

Well done lads...so proud of you.

Safe trip home for all the travelling REDS.

aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #362: Feb 26, 2009 09:39:21 pm
      Big well done to Rafa,the players and the fans for a fantastic victory last night.The only dissapointment I have is They didn't win 5-0 as predicted.

I was so relaxed before and during the game I couldn't believe it. It puts more fear into our european counterparts and reminds everyone that we are the giants of europe,that is Liverpool.

IRWT
      mikastoo
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #363: Feb 27, 2009 04:39:17 pm
      Just got back to the UK after a fantastic 5 days in Madrid.  What a fantastic performance on the night by the players and 5 nights of fantastic performances by the kopites in the square's and the bars (namely O'connells and Dubliners)!!!
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #364: Feb 27, 2009 04:43:01 pm
      Just got back to the UK after a fantastic 5 days in Madrid.  What a fantastic performance on the night by the players and 5 nights of fantastic performances by the kopites in the square's and the bars (namely O'connells and Dubliners)!!!

Alright Alright just make us jeaulous, great atmosphere on the champions league away matches is'nt the, just taking over city's.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #365: Mar 03, 2009 04:20:29 pm
      I'm just back from Barcelona and I went to the Olympic Stadium to watch Espanyol V Real Madrid. Score was 0-2. Ramos was their worst player by far, he needs to be exploited. He manages to pull Gago out of position to cover for him. Raul spent the match in central midfield with Huntelaar completely isolated. Guti made the difference when he came on. Higuain did nothing extraordinary. If they play like that away from home we shouldn't have too many problems.

9torres
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • lfc 4 lyf
      Reply #366: Mar 03, 2009 09:42:50 pm
      great performance, great win, great goal, great home win if we do it!

Quick Reply