Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Could Vidic's ban be a massive difference?

Read 7958 times
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Could Vidic's ban be a massive difference?
      Mar 15, 2009 08:10:32 pm
      I've been thinking and do you guys think that Vidic's ban could be a massive difference in the title race?

His ban is three games, In those three games United play Fulham (A), Aston Villa (H) and Sunderland (A), they are all hard games. Vidic's red card could make a big difference in these next three games, when United rested him against Blackburn, Spurs and another team, they conceded and didn't look as good at the back with Jonny Evans. Despite Vidic having a shocker against us, you cant deny that he is a great player and a solid Center Back. Going on what I said before, United didn't look as good as when they didn't have Vidic, In my opinion - Vidic is the spine of the United team and without them they aren't as vunerable at the back and a lot of teams do some good attacking at United, it's just the case that they've had Vidic and Ferdinand (Mostly Vidic) to stop them in their tracks and put in some last ditch tackles but without Vidic they'll have to put Jonny Evans in. Putting Evans in the next three games is a blow for Man U and a positive for us, The United fans who say he is a 'wonderful backup' is wrong imo, he is a decent little player but he's nowhere near the same level as Vidic and I know he has played some games this season but I just think that this will be crucial. How Man U fans say that we have no depth in our squad is stupid too, I'd rather have Agger, Hyypia or Alex which us and Chelsea have and to be honest than Evans or O'Shea. Iwouldn't be suprised to see some goals conceded for United in that game plus Evans struggling with Agbonlahor, Johnson, etc. So I for one are over the moon that of all people it had to be Vidic that got sent off as this could be a massive difference.

Sorry if this dosen't deserve it's own thread, I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see if other members also thought this.  :) 
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Re: Could Vidic's ban be a massive difference?
      Reply #1: Mar 15, 2009 08:14:17 pm
      No not really as we have a young lad who is full of talent called Johnny Evans who has played in almost half the league games this season so we have the cover .
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #2: Mar 15, 2009 08:17:13 pm
      Vidic is ManUre's best defender (Rio Ferdinand isn't even HALF the defender he was a few years ago) and Evans and O'Shea don't match up.

They will be even shakier at the back now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #3: Mar 15, 2009 08:20:28 pm
      What's the point in Vidic being suspended if we don't win. The only massive difference will be Liverpool winning. If we don't then they could have 22 players suspended and it won't make a blind bit of difference. Simple as that.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Mar 15, 2009 08:20:43 pm
      Evans is decent cover, yes, but he's nowhere near the "level" Vidic is at.

Yes it could be a potential banana skin for them.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #5: Mar 15, 2009 08:37:37 pm
      Nah, not a problem. We didn't have Vidic for the first leg v Inter and we played them off the park, Jon Evans is a very able replacement, I realise that Liverpool fans are clutching onto any perceived advantage that they can but I can't see it making a difference...
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #6: Mar 15, 2009 08:39:51 pm
      It could be the difference if a) we get maximum points and b) teams go and have a go at united then they might drop points.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Mar 15, 2009 08:42:16 pm
      I think it could have a massive difference, he is their best defender IMO and he weighs in with a few goals now.

I think that Rio gets caught out far too often but Vidic is always there to sort i out so with out him i think teams could expose the, especially the like of Villa because of the speed of Agbonlahor and Young but we will see, hopefully it will go in our favour!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #8: Mar 15, 2009 09:58:07 pm
      I've been thinking and do you guys think that Vidic's ban could be a massive difference in the title race?

Not really.

Vidic is F***ing sh*t. 

I hope the FA cancel his ban. ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Mar 15, 2009 10:31:46 pm
      I realise that Liverpool fans are clutching onto any perceived advantage

Where do you get that notion from? Is it from the Liverpool fans you know?

It's what we do that I'm more concerned about because the past has educated me that you can't go on the hope of relying on other teams to slip up or not have the bottle to take points points off your rivals. Hopefully we can take advantages if they come. But nobody in the world knows whether that will be the case or not.

As for Vidic being suspended, I think it will be highly unlikely whether that makes a massive difference. If going by yesterday's performance, it's probably better for the mancs that he's not on the pitch!
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #10: Mar 15, 2009 10:41:51 pm
      Im suprised you rate Johnny Evans so badly the lad has been amazing this season. I think if you had a young lad brake through who did so well you would rate him very highly .
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #11: Mar 15, 2009 10:44:55 pm
      Im suprised you rate Johnny Evans so badly the lad has been amazing this season. I think if you had a young lad brake through who did so well you would rate him very highly .

If you're looking for my opinion then I do rate Evans.

I can see him becoming a very good defender in the future however I'm interested to see at his age now, how he fills in at such a crucial part of the season.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #12: Mar 15, 2009 10:51:42 pm
      If you're looking for my opinion then I do rate Evans.

I can see him becoming a very good defender in the future however I'm interested to see at his age now, how he fills in at such a crucial part of the season.

I am being honest when I say that I cant remember a bad game yet and that is good going for a young lad in his first full season. During that run he has played Chelsea twice , Inter milan in milan and loads more games.

Huge potential and I believe a future captain.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #13: Mar 15, 2009 11:02:53 pm
      Nah, not a problem. We didn't have Vidic for the first leg v Inter and we played them off the park, Jon Evans is a very able replacement, I realise that Liverpool fans are clutching onto any perceived advantage that they can but I can't see it making a difference...

To be fair you did very little defending against Inter at the San Siro as they were very poor, so you could've had WBA's backline and still not conceded.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #14: Mar 16, 2009 07:18:25 am
      To be fair you did very little defending against Inter at the San Siro as they were very poor, so you could've had WBA's backline and still not conceded.

Yeah they were poor to be fair but I wouldnt say that was only because they were poor to be fair I thought we played really well we just lacked a goal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Mar 16, 2009 07:40:14 am
      No not really as we have a young lad who is full of talent called Johnny Evans who has played in almost half the league games this season so we have the cover .

Ha ha your tellin me that losing a defender who may well win player of the year is ok cos Johnny Evans will cover him!! Good one. Evans hasnt been tested this season. Every one especially the next 3 teams are going to have a go now. 1) They have to for there own sakes. 2) Theyve seen what happens when ye go at utd.

Teh one man you can least afford to lose is out no glossing over it
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2009 08:00:58 am
       According to the sports reporter on Radio Merseyside he seems to think that Vidic could be shown the door at the end of this season.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2009 12:42:22 pm

His ban is three games, In those three games United play Fulham (A), Aston Villa (H) and Sunderland (A), they are all hard games. Vidic's red card could make a big difference in these next three games, when United rested him against Blackburn, Spurs and another team, they conceded and didn't look as good at the back with Jonny Evans. Despite Vidic having a shocker against us, you cant deny that he is a great player and a solid Center Back. Going on what I said before, United didn't look as good as when they didn't have Vidic, In my opinion - Vidic is the spine of the United team and without them they aren't as vunerable at the back and a lot of teams do some good attacking at United, it's just the case that they've had Vidic and Ferdinand (Mostly Vidic) to stop them in their tracks and put in some last ditch tackles but without Vidic they'll have to put Jonny Evans in. Putting Evans in the next three games is a blow for Man U and a positive for us, The United fans who say he is a 'wonderful backup' is wrong imo, he is a decent little player but he's nowhere near the same level as Vidic and I know he has played some games this season but I just think that this will be crucial. How Man U fans say that we have no depth in our squad is stupid too, I'd rather have Agger, Hyypia or Alex which us and Chelsea have and to be honest than Evans or O'Shea. Iwouldn't be suprised to see some goals conceded for United in that game plus Evans struggling with Agbonlahor, Johnson, etc. So I for one are over the moon that of all people it had to be Vidic that got sent off as this could be a massive difference.

Sorry if this dosen't deserve it's own thread, I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see if other members also thought this.  :) 
      Just got 2 game ban!! thought it would be 3 myself.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2009 01:03:47 pm
      Intresting stat, robbed from Rafa, Chelsea when they played utd made the utd back 4 but in no more then 4 tackles. Evans made all 4. 3 were unsuccessful!!

If the other teams have the guts to give it a go they are not great. Sick saying it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2009 03:26:21 pm
      Huge potential and I believe a future captain.

Possible rapist too!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2862 
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2009 04:58:41 pm
      Out of interest, why is ban for 2 games only? Usually three for a straight red?

But still, I would have been much happier if he got away with it completely after what I saw on Saturday! :D
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2009 06:17:58 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Mar 16, 2009 07:31:02 pm
      Heard on Sky Sports News that he is suspended for the next 2 games. I thought it was a 3 game ban for a straight red!

Quick Reply