Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Will The International Break Make or Break Our Season?

Read 4235 times
      nivoi_rhu
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Re: Will The International Break Make or Break Our Season?
      Reply #23: Mar 23, 2009 08:08:18 am
      If anybody who can stop all these friendlies & internationals etc, it has to be mr blatter himself...
      but i do not see him agreeing though...
      can guess what he is thinking... take the 6+5 rule for example...
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #24: Mar 23, 2009 08:09:14 am
      After scoring 13 goals in 3 games against 3 very good teams and taking 6 points off United in that time (thanks Fulham :D) we have got one hell of a good run going and the momentum of the players is just getting better and better where as United's momentum is getting worse. But now we will have 2 weeks until we next play.

The Key Pro's Of This International Break:

- Leaves United stewing on their 2 defeats in a row longer
      - Carragher gets a break along with a few others
      - Gives Rafa longer to study the next opponent
      - United players pick up injury?

The Key Cons Of The International Break:

- They are a god for saken curse for us
      - Key players could get injured for us
      - Could give United time to overcome the defeats and move on

IMO this international break will be ok and wont mess up our rhythm providing none of our players pick up an injury because Rafa is more than likely going to keep them in the mid set they are in.

United have Vidic suspended for 1 more game and will be without both Rooney and Scholes for the next game so the break wont benefit United in that aspect as well as having Berbatov out injured for 2-3 weeks and Pompey will be confident after beating the Bitters so I think they could grab at least a draw. If United hadn't had them players sent off I would be more concerned about the break, but none the less I will still be paying the likes of Ronaldo, Rio and Evra get injured.

Your thoughts?
      I'm more worried about Torres! he doesn't travel for Spain to well !
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #25: Mar 23, 2009 08:12:49 am
      United players legs to shake and shiver as the day goes by. They will be left pondering what it could have been if they had beaten fulham! But now 2 weeks without a game and probably their cracking up. Those people who are not called up will just sit all day long and get worried/downcast and probably their confidence would even be at fm's VERY POOR after this week!
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 23, 2009 09:02:56 am
      I hate these internationals, but in a way it does give certain senior members time to recover. Only time will tell if we lose form but hopefully we won't. Next game back Fulham away so not easy but very winnable. The scum on the other hand Villa who have just been beaten well by us and will be hammered by there boss looking for a performance.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #27: Mar 23, 2009 09:34:49 am
      I think it is more harmful to UTD thi stime as ferguson cant sort out the problems his side has ( you would need a psychiatrist for that) until they get back, We however have had a great 10 days everyone is confident and will come back ready for the last 8 games. 8 games with the intesnity of yesterday will blow away the oposition and we will win the league.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #28: Mar 23, 2009 09:46:07 am
      I hope gerrard rips out Ferdinand and Rooney in training so they're injured for the rest of the season that would be a massive boost for us. I don't really mind about England's results for these games because at the moment I am focusing on Liverpool
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #29: Mar 23, 2009 09:55:55 am
      I do think Utd will probably suffer more from the break as long as well dont get any injuries. I only think that because they now have 2 weeks for everybody to be talking about they slipping up 2 games in a row, if I was them I would want to play again straight away to show everyone that we can still play but as they have to wait it will become more difficult and possible more frustrating for them. Well lets hope it works like that anyway.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #30: Mar 23, 2009 03:52:36 pm
      Frankly, its not gonna be not that bad as Villa players gonna need the confidence they can get that week without the premier leagues' pressure glaring in their eyes. That said, I hope they come back rejuvenated and give United a real go, putting aside the fact they got battered by us.

As for us, Gerrard is our captain, immediately staring at victory and feeling it right at tip of his fingers I'm sure he will, propel us on. That enthusiasm will be endowed upon the rest our players, pushing them unto a formidable finish to the title.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,331 posts | 2860 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Mar 23, 2009 04:34:53 pm
      I hate international football and if I'm honest then yes its come at a bad time for us.

We are buzzing now. 15 goals in 4 games 1 against. Id say every player cant wait to get to training and get working. That will now be stopped. On the other hand the utd players escape fergie for a few days and could come back better off for it. That's the big thing for me, the players being separated.

Our record isn't brilliant over all after internationals however I think the difference now is the lads know whats at stake and I believe that will cover for tired legs. Some of our key players wont play or at least not 90 minutes anyway. Carra, Arbe, Aurelio, Reina,Riera and possibly Agger aren't in the squads or are not likely to play. Alonso Babel and Kuyt are not definite in there teams. So Sami, Stevie, Skrtel, Masch and Nando the only ones certain to be involved for both games. I hope Yossi is not in Israels squad?

I'm not sure it will make or break the season but it would have suited us more for it not to have arrived now
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Mar 23, 2009 11:12:01 pm
      I can't stop thinking about the next set of Premier League games on the 4th/5th April. This week and a half is going to go as slow as hell.
      laoisred
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Mar 23, 2009 11:35:14 pm
      Whatever way you look at it, Liverpool will have to hit the ground running when they resume. These internationals are a pain in the arse but the fear of getting injured will be at the back of the players minds. Imagine how Stevie would be feeling if the chance to bring the title to Anfield was thwarted by some eejit trying make a name for himself by burying his studs into him.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #34: Mar 23, 2009 11:37:51 pm
      United next game is V Villa.... im sure villa needed this break for re-grouping and will have more players fresher than united, as for us.... the Fulham game is a big one coz if we get thru that with that one, we can carry on with our outstanding form. 

Quick Reply