Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)

Read 26149 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Arjen Robben (Real Madrid)
      Reply #184: Jul 16, 2009 11:31:56 am
      Today Robben has insisted he will stay at Real Madrid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #185: Jul 16, 2009 05:18:50 pm
      Not cheeky at all mcarz. I think 9m would be cheeky.

Maybe, but i was just going off Real Madrid's possible asking price of between £20-30m
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Reply #186: Jul 16, 2009 07:36:47 pm
      Maybe, but I was just going off Real Madrid's possible asking price of between £20-30m
      I heard he was on offer for as low as 7mill. Can't remember where i heard the rumour though, so I'm actually starting a rumour now!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #187: Jul 16, 2009 07:39:29 pm
      I heard he was on offer for as low as 7mill. Can't remember where I heard the rumour though, so I'm actually starting a rumour now!!

I can't see them letting him go for as little as £7m but if that source is correct whover it may be then IMO it's a great deal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #188: Jul 16, 2009 07:40:08 pm
      All the Dutch stars are apparently for sale.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #189: Jul 16, 2009 07:44:01 pm
      That is mad to say the dutch players are sneijder, van der vaart, robben, huntelaar and and drenthe.

Maybe we could move for robben or sneijder?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #190: Jul 16, 2009 09:48:56 pm
      Robben is a fnatastic player, yes. But he is not known as the man of glass for no reason. He has probably never played through the pain to help the team.

His ego is too big for Liverpool, he'd think he's bigger than us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #191: Jul 16, 2009 11:57:52 pm
      Yes good point there.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #192: Jul 16, 2009 11:59:57 pm
      He's said he's staying at Madrid today he has no plans for a return to the premiership
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #193: Jul 17, 2009 12:15:07 am
      Dont blame you, I think he showed his quality at the Confed Cup when he was comfortable. I think the best is to come from him.

Robben will bring that out of him.

Just for those who keep pointing out he is a c**t or a w**ker. Yes, but Ronaldo won the Scum a tite. Think about it?

I know he won them a title.. but i still dont want a team of cheats/money grabbers, i want and hope the liverpool ethic, the liverpool way means more than that.  Our team spirit isn't driven by money and bad attitudes and that's what i like passionate football players, i think its too easy lately for people to accept the current trend of teams like man united, Chelsea,Man city,Real Madrid but football means more to me and I'm not ready to throw the towel in and accept footballs death because of rich owners using our beautiful game as a toy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #194: Jul 17, 2009 12:38:40 am
      Yes but Ronaldo never got our keeper sent off through a sheer act of petulance with his inability to stay on his feet!
      nlarsensmith
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #195: Jul 17, 2009 01:11:58 am
      Ribery,Robben bull sh*t dont want even in free agent.
      Good players but will destroy our current team chemistry
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #196: Jul 17, 2009 01:20:09 am
      Ribery,Robben bull sh*t dont want even in free agent.
      Good players but will destroy our current team chemistry

Whats wrong with Ribery?!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #197: Jul 17, 2009 01:22:35 am

That's what i am trying to understand. By far one of the best right midfielders in the world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #198: Jul 17, 2009 03:10:51 pm

He might be a bit too expensive for us to buy!
      michigan89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #199: Jul 22, 2009 07:54:59 pm
      robben is a good player, nothing more, in important matches he doesn't do big things, and robben is a very very very fragile player, so i don't think he could be rentable for any team
      xiiaokayy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #200: Jul 27, 2009 06:29:23 am
      he may have brittle bones. that is why I say we should not buy him at all!  :f_tongueincheek:
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #201: Jul 27, 2009 01:48:44 pm
      Even though he thrives on theatrics I still believe he could help improve our team with his roar pace and he can deliver a great ball.
      Terry Macs Perm
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 97 posts |
      • 1977 - what a goal!
      Reply #202: Jul 27, 2009 04:11:36 pm
      Please no! He is just not the sort of player we need. He's a cheat and he goes AWOL on the big occassions. Plus he'd be out properly injured as soon as Pepe got hold of him!
      xiiaokayy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #203: Jul 28, 2009 07:52:30 am
      Imagine he got injured immediately if he come over for a medical. That would make the headline news for sure.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #204: Aug 25, 2009 08:19:07 pm
      Liverpool set to move for Arjen Robben after Manchester United show interest

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208938/Liverpool-step-Arjen-Robben-Manchester-United-link.html#ixzz0PDwoNptj

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is believed to have stepped up his interest in Arjen Robben, after the Real Madrid player was reportedly offered to Manchester United.
      The Spaniard has long been an admirer of the winger, and could go head-to-head with his bitter rival Sir Alex Ferguson over the player's signature.

The Holland star is out of a favour at Real Madrid and is eyeing a return to the Barclays Premier League.

The Dutch international is believed to be valued by his club at around £18 million. Manchester United, still yet to spend much of the £80 million received from Real for Cristiano Ronaldo, would have no problem meeting that valuation if they decided it was a fair price.
      Robben was close to joining United before he signed for Chelsea from PSV Eindhoven in 2004 and would provide the speed and goals neither Antonio Valencia nor Nani can offer.
      In contrast, Liverpool might struggle to come up with the money required before the transfer window shuts in seven days' time. Club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have spent the summer restructuring the club's debts, with the consequence that Benitez has been told their will be no more money to spend.
      However, the former Valencia boss will hold out hope his employers will still make some funds available. Benitez has not spent all of the £30 million received from the sale of Xabi Alonso to Madrid, and in light of the club's poor start to the season might be able to persuade both men that the club needs to spend some money in order to compete with their rivals

Additional funds could also be raised through the sale of Ryan Babel. Benitez is believed to be losing patience with the youngster, and a bid of around £8 million might tempt the club to sell the underperforming winger to fund a move for Robben.

The 25-year-old has been outstanding in pre-season games for Real but coach Manuel Pelligrini is having trouble accommodating him with new arrivals Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema.
      Benitez is believed to have been a long-term admirer of Robben's ability, and Madrid even considered offering the Dutchman as part of the deal for Alonso as they attempted to sign the midfielder earlier this month.
      Arsenal and Turkish club Galatasaray have both expressed interest in the winger in the past. Robben's father, Hans, has previously ruled out the possibility of his son joining Spurs.

Benitez, however, will be confident of persuading Robben to join him at Anfield, and may see him as the world-class winger he has been looking for, at a price more affordable than previous targets David Silva and Franck Ribery.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #205: Aug 25, 2009 08:24:58 pm
      Rubbish journalism.

If we couldn't afford the reported 17m for Silva then how will we fund this? Unless of course the Yanks give some money to R....nope, cant finish that sentence.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #206: Aug 25, 2009 08:27:24 pm
      Dont believe a word of that story. Just the media talking sh*t again because i very much doubt Rafa would want Robben at the club after the incident involving Pepe a couple of years back.

Quick Reply