Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

UEFA Draw: Liverpool v Barcelona

Read 62508 times
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Re: UEFA Draw: Liverpool v Barcelona
      Reply #46: Jan 02, 2007 10:15:33 pm
      What do you think of the Champions league draw??
      We have been drew with Barcalona and the manks have a easy game against Lille
      Rafa says he is not worried but exited about playing barca!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #47: Jan 03, 2007 06:14:31 pm
      I agree with Rafa, when the Reds are up against it thats when they really perform - Istanbul ????   ;)  ;D
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 03, 2007 08:00:37 pm
      i to agree wiv rafa, im rlly exited about playing barca if we win (which we will) it will prove that barca arent all that
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #49: Jan 03, 2007 08:42:58 pm
      Im looking forward to it, makes you wonder though doesnt it about the draw, I sometimes wonder if its fixed to make it more of a money spinner and to give certain other teams a chance of winning it. If you think about it it just seems pretty suspicious some of the draws the 2005 and 2006 winners meet each other in the first round of the knockout stage ensuring that one of them does not progress. Chavs get Barce again la didi da.

The thing that does stand in our favour though is that we are not under any pressure, and yet again find ourselves the underdogs. This what Stevie G and Carra love so do the rest of the team. Im looking forward to this one really am, I just hope I can get tickets for the home leg this time round.
      paddyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 03, 2007 10:34:18 pm
      im honestly looking forward to this game,i feel confident going into it,saying that the nerves will probably kick in the day before it.
      but as it stands and the way theyve been made to look normal all season makes me confident.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 03, 2007 11:50:29 pm
      if we beat barca then old big ears will be comeing home in july! number 6! chelsea in the final?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #52: Jan 07, 2007 11:51:25 pm
      Bump...
      Anyone still fancying our chances against Barca?
      I still have the belief...
      Red 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 08, 2007 01:44:04 am
      I also have belief. of course its easier said than done, but I think we can tie at camp nou and when they play at anfiled, I think we can beat them. Hopefully ronaldinho will get a flu or something.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #54: Jan 08, 2007 01:58:01 am
      I also have belief. of course its easier said than done, but I think we can tie at camp nou and when they play at anfiled, I think we can beat them. Hopefully ronaldinho will get a flu or something.
      Init mate, but weather Ronaldinho is playing or not we MUST give it the performance of the season at Anfield. And a good performance at the Camp Nou. Barca seem to look a little suspect from time to time...
      Hopefully they will bottle it against us.
      HOPEFULLY
      Cy
      Reply #55: Jan 08, 2007 12:17:21 pm
      We have lot's for us Vs Barcelona.

Benitez knows the spanish league like the back of his pocket so no fear, we have lo'ts of player who have been playing in that league so no fear, we playing the second leg at home so no fear, MOMO will be back in the middle by then so no fear, we are not favorite to win so no fear...in all it looks,  much much better then some stupids pundits seems to think...
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #56: Jan 08, 2007 06:33:09 pm
      We have lot's for us Vs Barcelona.

Benitez knows the spanish league like the back of his pocket so no fear, we have lo'ts of player who have been playing in that league so no fear, we playing the second leg at home so no fear, MOMO will be back in the middle by then so no fear, we are not favorite to win so no fear...in all it looks,  much much better then some stupids pundits seems to think...
      fantasic post mate
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #57: Jan 30, 2007 01:26:15 am
      <bump>
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #58: Jan 30, 2007 04:03:47 pm
      last it plays bad, I tie in the field of betis that this down and I win there to celta by the referees, is possible to eliminate it
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #59: Jan 30, 2007 04:47:32 pm
      The closer it gets the more im looking forward to it!!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #60: Jan 30, 2007 05:51:35 pm
      I cant wait, i'm really looking forward to this one really cant wait to sing my lungs out !!!!   ;D
      nico-s-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #61: Feb 11, 2007 09:11:06 pm
      goofy's getting it at anfield! if he scores at anfield i'll shave his teeth.
      nico-s-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #62: Feb 11, 2007 09:30:37 pm
      if anyone has been watchin barca 2nite they will realise that there not jus a 1 trick pony but a 2 trick pony(they badly miss eto)? yeah saviola is an ok player if he gets the service but all in all  if goofy doesnt provide the ammo there's f*** all happenin up font.especially if eto's not there. yeah he might be back for the big one 1(and i bet thats what there keepin him for.) as i was writing this,prob one of the best players in the world just slotted one against the run of play (COME ON STEVIE LA' SHOW 'EM WHAT YOUR MADE OF!)
      nico-s-lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #63: Feb 11, 2007 09:52:36 pm
      unfotunateley for eto he strained his tie ups while warming up for the big one in the 2nd half against racing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6966 
      Reply #64: Feb 11, 2007 11:51:57 pm
      Excellent news.  Only another 10 to injure.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #65: Feb 12, 2007 06:05:05 pm
      unfotunateley for eto he strained his tie ups while warming up for the big one in the 2nd half against racing.

I was watching that one Nico, the commentators said that it took him 10 mins last week to get his arse in gear and get on the pitch for all of 9-10 mins, sounds like he's not confident that his injury is better.  And last night he was told to warm up and when they wanted him to go on he refused saying he wasnt ready !!  Lets hope he stays unready for the BIG ONE !!    ;D
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #66: Feb 13, 2007 10:13:25 pm
      I dont know you speak spanish
      http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/barcelona/es/desarrollo/739116.html
      Eto'o to assailed at frank rijkaard and ronaldinho

this this generating controversial and perhaps comes to us well
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #67: Feb 14, 2007 09:13:30 am
      I dont know you speak spanish
      http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/barcelona/es/desarrollo/739116.html
      Eto'o to assailed at frank rijkaard and ronaldinho

this this generating controversial and perhaps comes to us well

Whats he saying ? 
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #68: Feb 14, 2007 09:29:53 am

I find if you say it in a voice like yoda from star wars your not far off the mark.

I translated the page and still dont have a clue, but the thunderclaps quote sounds interesting, and who the heck is the cracked one?

Etoo assures that what said Rijkaard ā€œis of bad personā€
      It listens the Cameroun player
      The images of the cracked one
      Samuel Etoo opened to the box of the thunderclaps two days after his refusal to jump to the field before the Racing. The Cameroun, visibly gotten upset by the last events, went away warmed up and he loosen with declarations that are going to bring much tail and that probably cause a schism in Dog BarƧa. After the presentation of a book from aid to Cameroun, the forward responded to the questions of the journalists with several holders: ā€œIn Barcelona there are two groupsā€, ā€œIf a companion says that there is to think about the groupā€¦ is necessary to think he about the groupā€ or to go to the press room to say that I have not wanted to play is of bad personā€. Surely that these words do not happen unnoticed to their adressees, Frank Rijkaard and Ronaldinho Gaucho.

Quick Reply