Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 42742 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #138: Apr 21, 2009 11:15:37 pm
      The mancshites are a crumblin,they've turned against the lazy b****rd and thats just the start of their demise.We need to believe so that the players follow suit so come on you MIGHTY REDS lets get No 19 THIS season.IRWT.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #139: Apr 21, 2009 11:19:58 pm
      We should have had a hatful and I'd rather we won by a horrible goal than keep this going. Sure I felt good for the team that they scored the forth otherwise our season would have gone and almost been over but now we have to prey they get two defeats in six games, something which hasn't been done to them for years. It can happen and that last goal could still turn out to be a point won.

Why oh why did the defenders pick this night to want to dribble out of the defence, I still feel numb, without them mistakes we would have won 4-1 which on the play would have been deserved, and having to listen to a gloating Wenger saying his team should have won made me sick.

I know Rafa must have learned about his players over the last month and it wouldn't surprise me if one or two are not here next season, anyway I digress, Rafa was furious tonight with the defending and tonights show was most unLiverpool like and I won't be surprised to see two changes in defence against Hull maybe. I was expecting to see Insua out their tonight and it would be nice to see him back on Saturday.

Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #140: Apr 21, 2009 11:21:04 pm
      A-ha! Joey...you missed my point! I've already been on other threads telling people off and believing that we'll still win the league. These were just observations, with some tongue in cheek at the end for good measure! We WILL win the league. And whenever we lose I don't take it badly because I know our great club will rise again. I am definitely not a negative Red, trust me! And if we were fighting against relegation and even if we ended up in the Conference, I would still be there paying my money and cheering every week and singing 'we're by FAR the greatest team, the world has ever seen'. This title is ours. I just hope next season we can defend properly and win the league by thirty clear points!!

--------<<< Olive branch Gow.Point taken mate.Joey :hug:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #141: Apr 21, 2009 11:21:23 pm
      Get the shirt off Arshavin.

You f**king wish.

LMAO! Good one JD. The first good laugh I have had since the final whistle!  :lmao:
      seanbud_1
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      Reply #142: Apr 21, 2009 11:22:52 pm
      Loving the positivity off everyone. Its never over, keep the faith.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #143: Apr 21, 2009 11:29:57 pm
      My two cent opinions!

Benayoun was outstanding! Damn anyone who slates him!
      Torres! You beauty. Ref didn't protect him well enough!
      Mascherano played well, Alonso too; save for those wasted free kicks!

I never like when all the players rush to the other end in an attempt to score. That led to Arse's last goal.

Our defense need to learn to get the ball out on time FFS!

Watched the review 3 times now! Our attack was awesome! WOW!
      exwm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #144: Apr 21, 2009 11:34:43 pm
      So we concede four against each of the meanest attacking sides in the League.

And?

United have 7 games to drop points, we have 5. Who's more likely to from here on out? Them.

They're currently playing sh*te, looking sh*te - and basically are sh*te. They'll drop points. Their luck will run out very soon.

We're top of the League, they're under pressure.

Yea the scums have had too much luck, its about time they ran outta it. They played sh*te for many matches and clawed back a win out of pure luck and what not from cronaldo and most recently TWICE by lucker macheda (and sent the press wild with crazy raves). play him for full 90min and u saw what impact (not) he made against everton.

Yea we've still got the chance, but we NEVER make it easy for ourselves  :-[ had to go 3-0 down in istanbul, went 3-1 down against chelski, drew 10 league games before this, its so frustrating sometimes. At least we've got the fighting spirit sorted out. That's what LFC is about! C'mon lads, fight on and we'll see who gets the last laugh!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #145: Apr 21, 2009 11:36:09 pm
      i have a feeling it may be a draw or a pompey win 2mrw
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #146: Apr 21, 2009 11:39:29 pm
      Today we saw another element of what LFC is.
      It is bigger than any other football club because it is about

A collective heartbeat of will
      A belief in never giving up.
      A spirit from a city always picked on and never beaten.
      An inspiration to any other team
      A meaning of intent to achieve
      A collective spirit which transcends any other club on earth.
      We are Liverpool,
      this is why they are all jelouse of us, this is why we are special and unique.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #147: Apr 21, 2009 11:40:30 pm
      Didn't see the game had to resort to listening to it on radio. Once again I was impressed by our tenacity going forward and what a crowd performance - magnificent. There's still some way to go in this race and the scum have an awful lot of games to play in a short space of time. What we obviously have is a tight dressing room commited to the cause with a manager who fears nobody. What they have is a dressing room full of egos and a manager whos'e lost the f*cking plot, so anything is still possible. Keep the faith brothers, we're in for an interesting few weeks. My many years of experience of these situations tell me that we have the boss hand in these matters.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #148: Apr 21, 2009 11:40:51 pm
      sad and frustrating to see it end in a draw.

mistakes cost us dear but never forget....

We are the greatest team in the world.

Nothing beats the Liverpool spirit.

I am so proud of the team  and so excited for the future

YNWA

exwm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #149: Apr 21, 2009 11:41:56 pm
      I successfully bit all my nails off. That being said, I enjoyed the game although my blood pressure got a lot of stick for it. We dominated and showed great heart and as Crouchino said commitment. No one can take that away from the lads. I am really loving the form of Torres! This is very crucial in the final say of the season. Lets hope the Mancs falter tomorrow, in fact I in speaking about faltering other than the mistakes by the fullbacks, I thought everyone had a good game.

I think amidst all the pressure, the Arsenal back line stood up pretty well. Two certain goals being removed off the line...And as scrappy as it seemed they did the job of containment. It all goes well for us going forward. Not many teams can say they played Arsenal off the pitch. I find no solace though in the 4-4 draw non whatsoever, it was ours to win. We gave it a valiant effort, so well done.

Yep, as much as we battered them hard with our superb attacking, their keeper saved too many crucial ones in the early game which should've shut arse out thoroughly by HT, probably demoralising them and not giving them as much hope as that first lucky goal gave them. An early 2 to 3 goal lead would've settled our defending as well I think, not leaving our back so exposed from our frustration of pouring forward and not getting goals with so, so many attempts.

thinking back, that was what happened with chelski as well. 2-0 should've shut them out at HT, stunned them to smithereens, but Gus' motivational "blow up" woke their team and their multistrikes amidst our desperation for the 3rd goal just blew away our dominance.

so what's the problem i think? we didn't take the easy games when we should have earlier in the season, leaving us in this catchup situation that puts us in vulnerable gung-ho positions. but heck, no point sobbing over the past, and it sure is polishing our attacking day by day. we are definitely the best team to watch in the premiership! (collaborative attack wise at least) GO REDS!
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #150: Apr 21, 2009 11:49:50 pm
      Just what I was thinkin! C'mon Crouchy!!! :)

MsGerrard
      Reply #151: Apr 21, 2009 11:52:48 pm
      Don't know what to say really. I'm still shellshocked  :o

Overall positives from the night, we NEVER gave up, kept fighting to the end, I love to see that, that wouldn't have happened a couple of seasons ago, we'd have thrown the towel in, there is a definite belief in the squad that we can go all the way, and if we end up not winning it this season, then god help all the other Premiership teams next season, because I think we've got an awful lot closer this season than most of us thought we would.

Yossi Benayoun.............you little star you, played a blinder tonight, was here, there and everywhere, making  a nuisance of himself, he was also extremely brave at times. Dirk Kuyt had an excellent game to, those crosses were very good and that lad never stops running. Fernando Torres, what a player, and yes, Stevie, he is the best in the world, he makes the difficult look very easy, sign of an excellent player.

Just a quick word about our defence, seem to be at sixes and sevens a bit tonight, we've been so good all season, it's such a shame were letting all these goals in, but at least were scoring as many.
      Just need to tighten up at the back, and not get sloppy on the ball.

Proud of our lads tonight, showed true grit and determination to the end.

Just hope you get your just rewards come the end of the season.

One last point......Stevie looked so HOT tonight.........yummy  ;)

Love you all till I die  :hug:

::) I actually said quite a bit there didn't I  :lmao:

Darren Anfield
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts | -2 
      Reply #152: Apr 21, 2009 11:54:29 pm
      Hey lads just back in from the boozer , what a game ! We really have to cut out these silly mistakes , but these can be rectified i really believe that we are beginning to see the start of something special over the next few years . We are so good going forward , have scored 4 against Chelsea , Arsenal and The Scum over the last few weeks . Even if we do not go on to win the title now , the experience that the boys are gettin from this run in is in-valuable . You can't go from being 3rd to bein Champions without some low points , it will happen Redmen i have never been so sure YNWA
      exwm
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #153: Apr 21, 2009 11:55:20 pm
      Gutted, but I have many reasons to stay positive.

1 - 12 goals in 3 games, yes we've conceded 8 in 2 games, but scoring 4 each game is f**king amazing.
      2 - Arsenal scored 4 here, why not 4 at OT?
      3 - Benayoun is a new Garcia, important goals everywhere.
      4 - Attacking wise were looking fantastic.
      5 - We had a lot of people to bring off the bench who could of made a difference.
      6 - Torres, back to his best.
      7 - We are top! :>
      8 - Crouch is playing against United tommorow, maybe he'll do his old club a favor?
      9 - We've scored 12 goals without Gerrard. How the f**k can people say we dont score enough? Also how are we a 2-man team?
      10 - Were looking like a team, eager to get the ball out of our net when we concede and working brilliantly as a team
      11 - Crowd were great (or so my stream sounded)
      11 - Finally, another comeback. How many times has that happened?

Listen, im gutted, but in the form that Arsenal was always making this an tough game. We do need to sort our defense out mind. We can only hope that they can beat United at OT, im convinced it can happen after today.

I do hate Walcott though! :(
      Spot on! The team never gave up and never will, and from their eagerness even after being 3-4 down its something that years of training can't achieve! Its something special and that we're all proud of in LFC and it will surely bring us far. Yossi definitely steps up to the occasion whenever we don't have Gerrard, my hero!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #154: Apr 21, 2009 11:57:33 pm
      Errr, MsG....you've been drinking haven't you? Mr G wasn't playing...he was sunning his massive plums in front of the Sky big lights...
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #155: Apr 21, 2009 11:57:58 pm
      I have the same sensation after the chelsea game, proud but sad for the points we lost.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #156: Apr 21, 2009 11:58:32 pm
      Oh, hang on, I get you now...just misread that. You've still been drinking though! ;)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #157: Apr 21, 2009 11:59:46 pm
      Well it just goes to show what a nutcase season this is turning out to be...F***ing hell looney tunes or what?

Gutted,elated,elated,gutted,gutted,elated,gutted,elated..absolute bonkers but what a game and when you thought it was all over we scored again to level it ,which if nothing shows a incredible fighting spirit.So come on lads it aint over yet methinks there is a load of twists and turns in this mad mad league tital race yet. ??? ???
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #158: Apr 22, 2009 12:06:52 am
      couldn't watch the game....gutted....about missing the game and the result....

i've been saying Arshavin is going to be the next great player in the Premiership....he is strong, clever, brave and very intelligent....reminds me of Kenny Dalglish....and there is no higher compliment than that....

which begs the question....WTF was Wenger thinking of when he left him on the bench in the semi? nuts!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #159: Apr 22, 2009 12:06:52 am
      he was sunning his massive plums in front of the Sky big lights...

I have the same sensation after the chelsea game,

Anyway...

If only Riera had slid the ball into Torres in the first half.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Reply #160: Apr 22, 2009 12:11:04 am
      Three indiviual errors cost us three goals and quite possibly three valuable points. Disappointed not to pick up all three points but it's another proud day to be a Red.

Quick Reply