Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

A Notice For All American and Worldwide Reds.

Read 7915 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      A Notice For All American and Worldwide Reds.
      May 12, 2009 03:25:37 pm
      Found this on RAOTL forum and thought it only fair to share with some of our American Reds on here. By the way a big well done to the lads who have got this organised YNWA

This notice is for any Liverpool supporter in North America or Worldwide:

OFFICIAL BOYCOTT NOTICE BY NORTH AMERICAN LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB BRANCHES OF:

Jack The Lad

Press Display

PSG Sports

Ruffneck Wear

Sporting Glory

The Fix by author Declan Hill

VIP Communications

We are asking for your support in the boycotting of the advertisers of Mr. Steven Cohen and his shows. Those being World Soccer Daily on Sirius Satellite and Fox Football Fone-in on the Fox Soccer Channel.

You are probably aware that this action is being taken due to the recent remarks by Mr. Cohen concerning the Hillsborough tragedy whereby Mr. Cohen has stated unequivocally that Liverpool supporters should "share responsibility" for the deaths of the 96.

Mr. Cohen was asked to give authoritative support for his claims or apologise and share with his listeners the facts. Mr. Cohen has done neither and is adamant about his "opinion".

Therefore we are asking for this extraordinary action from you our supporters. It is your choice to assist us in this matter.

We would also like for you not to email or call Mr. Cohen or his shows. Any interaction with Mr. Cohen he will use as an indication that the boycott is ineffective.

These advertisers have already responded and we would like you to offer your support for their actions:

Fado's Irish Pubs
      www.fadoirishpub.com

FourFourTwo ( Haymarket publishing)
      North American subscription website is www.themagazineshop.com.
      Once you have chosen FourFourTwo from the magazine selection, there is a promo box and if you input the code mls91, you can get up to 50% off at the moment.

World Soccer Shop ( 365-inc. )
      www.worldsoccershop.com

Who Are Ya Designs.
      www.whoareyadesigns.com

Furthermore, we believe Setanta will not accept any more advertising from World Soccer Daily once the current contract expires.

We will update the list of advertisers as necessary.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter,

North American Liverpool Football Club Branches

Email sent to Mr. Cohen and his advertisers 5/5/09:

Official Notice Of Boycott by North American Liverpool Supporter Branches

Dear Advertisers:

Previously you were notified of a potential boycott by Liverpool supporters in North America. We are now ready to make this an official position. We will be notifying our members through the branches and through multiple supporter websites of this action including the official LiverpoolFC website.

We have given Mr. Cohen ample time to review the facts presented to him or for him to present his documentable evidence which supports his position as requested. Mr. Cohen and I have exchanged emails for the past 9 days. They have been civil. However, he has stated we have nothing further to discuss.

He has not presented any evidence to support his position.

You are probably wondering what has led to this action:

History:

On December 5th 2006 on the Fox Football Fone-in television show, Mr Cohen made these remarks:

"Liverpool supporters are directly responsible for causing the two worst disasters in English football history, Heysel and Hillsborough".

That

"there is a disgusting side of Liverpools history that he would be happy to talk about."

He was also quoted on his Sirius radio show of making the comment;
      " They have five stars on their shirts but should have 39 coffins."

These comments and others caused outrage by Liverpool supporters and many emails were sent to Fox Soccer Channel and Sirius Satellite Radio. The facts concerning the disasters were sent to offset these outrageous claims.

One week later on December 12th 2006 on Fox Football Fone-in television show, Mr Cohen opened the show with this:

" But first, last week here on Fox Football Fone-in, in the heat of the moment, I made some very disparaging remarks about Liverpool Football Club and their supporters. I know that i'm a passionate Chelsea fan and it takes up almost all of my waking hours . I also know that when i'm wound up over comments against Chelsea, like many fans, I resort to insults that can be very hurt full. As a broadcast professional I should know better and not let it get to this stage. I've apologized on my radio show World Soccer Daily and i've also apologized to the management here at Fox Soccer Channel. But most importantly I wish to apologize to all our viewers."

At that point in time most supporters were satisfied that our concerns over his comments of laying blame to Liverpool supporters allowed him to reflect on his "opinion" and he had realized his error due to the facts presented to him.

History Part 2:

April 15, 2009 was the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster where 96 Liverpool supporters were crushed to death.

Mr. Cohen once again took the opportunity to lay a claim of "some responsibility" of blame should be shared by Liverpool supporters due to ticketless fans getting into the stadium. He originally claimed 6-8,000 ticketless fans got in. Which was then revised to "2-3,000 or 25 or 1, it makes no difference."

I have presented various facts to Mr. Cohen. You can judge for yourself.

SWFC ( Sheffield Wednesday Football Club) Hillsborough stadium turnstiles recorded the number of admissions and in addition they had installed cameras which were used to count any fans climbing over the turnstiles. Their stats show the ticket allocation was not exceeded.

The health and safety executive reviewed electronic counters and cctv footage of the turnstiles and counted each person, who came in thru the turnstiles, climbed over the wall and came in thru gate c etc, they too showed that the allocation of tickets was not exceeded.

see 8.1 conclusions. health and safety report on hillsborough in the Taylor report.

" my best estimate of the number of people admitted thru turnstiles a-g and thru gate c is 9734. It is my opinion that the true total is most unlikely to have exceeded 10'124 i.e The total number of admissions were approximately equal to the designated capacity of 10'100 people for the west( leppings lane) terraces." As reported to the independent inquiry by the South Yorkshire Health and Safety Officer.

They were still admitting fans to the stadium as late as 3:10 as cctv evidence shows. The crush had already happened.

If you put the majority of 9734 people into an area not designed for it, as the side pens were virtually empty, that is what caused the problem. Further LFC had over 10,000 tickets for that end.

If you research the situation, you too will come to the same conclusion. The numbers don't add up for ticketless fans to be a reason for the crush, if any got in anyway. The total allocation wasn't admitted before the crush happened.

Further if any ticketless fans did get in, they along with ticketed fans were directed by the police into an overcrowding pen down a tunnel and not into the virtually open side pens. So any blame attached to ticketless fans dissipates because of the police involvement in directing supporters into the main pen. And as the total Liverpool allocation hadn't even been admitted into the ground before the crush happens this also disproves the assertion that any ticketless fans who did sneak in means Liverpool supporters themselves should share some of the blame. His assertion may only have weight if all ticketed fans made it in before kickoff and the ticketless fans--added to the problem. Which is what clearly did not happen.

In conclusion it makes no difference if any ticketless fans got in anyway because capacity was not met. There was still room for 390 more supporters to enter to make capacity. Mr. Cohen refuse to believe the official investigations reporting of the incident.

Which leaves us with the unsavory analysis of Mr. Cohen's remarks that it is the fans themselves who packed the stands who should share the blame for the crush. So in essence he is laying the "shared responsibility" blame on those 9638 supporters who survived the crush for the deaths of the 96 who did not come home that day. Some of those survivors or their family members now reside in North America. That is his damning indictment of our supporters and one which is unfounded, hurtful and as far as we are concerned is a blatant outright lie.

His previous apology apparently is hollow. So we have chosen to take additional steps as a course of action because the truth and facts are not being disseminated on his show. There is only one opinion allowed and frequently put forth on his show, which is accusing Liverpool supporters of "shared responsibility". Not for going to a football match and following the stadium management and police directions as they did do. Along with the supporters being exonerated by any investigation into the tragedy. There was no action on the supporters part entering the stadium or in the pens themselves which was questioned by any research done of the tragedy.

There is no Freedom of Speech issue here. As Mr. Cohen is free to make any remarks or comments on the show he likes. Of course those that are hurtful and as damning as his remarks have been means that there are consequences that we will now exercise as an apology is not forthcoming along with the truth and facts of the tragedy being disseminated on his show(s).

So we will ask official members, other Liverpool supporters in North America and those Worldwide who have access to any product or service advertised on his show to boycott those products or services. We will have our branches notify their members of this action.

As mentioned previously we will also remind our supporters in August when the season resumes and will update them on those advertisers who support an individual who is allowed to make accusations with no documentary facts as outrageous and damning as those of Mr. Cohen.

We hope you understand our actions have nothing specific to do with your product or service. We would appreciate your support on this issue.

We want to thank those companies who have already taken action due to reviewing the facts and coming to a similar conclusion:
      FourFourTwo
      365-inc.
      Fado's

Lastly we would like to thank New England Revolution Manager Stevie Nicol who was a player for Liverpool at Hiillsborough that day who has notified Mr. Cohen that he will have no more to do with any of his shows.

Sincerely,
      Mel ( Last name)

Acting Representative
      North American Branches
      Liverpool Football Club

CC:
      Steven Cohen
      Sirius
      Fox Soccer Channel
      North American Branches
      Liverpool Football Club
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2009 04:20:26 pm by JD »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: A Notice For All American and Worldwide Reds.
      Reply #1: May 12, 2009 04:19:39 pm
      How the hell is this imbecile allowed to continue with this poisonous drivel? we all know that the sinful mistruths by the police and a certain so called newspaper were disproved and apologies ensued,surely legal proceedings are in order to get this arsehole to shut the F**k up and get loadsa dosh off him for slander,that WOULD hurt him.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #2: May 12, 2009 04:22:32 pm
      Chav tw*t that fella.  He was debated on here the last time in 2006 when he came out with his bile. Hitting the advertisers is a fantastic idea.  The only way these people understand the severity of our actions is when they are hit in the wallet.

I believe I mentioned only last week that the number in the end at Hillsborough.

20 years on, around the anniversary, the fact that spineless individuals like this continue to spill lies about the disaster continues to infuriate me.  The only way these pricks are going to ever stop with their bullshit is when those responsible are dealt with.

Well played to the American reds!
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #3: May 12, 2009 06:45:24 pm
      theres not much i can say except what an absolute c**t. how can people still say this bollocks? its beyond belief man. well done to our american reds ynwa. justice for the 96
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: May 12, 2009 07:05:02 pm
      What a disgrace of a human being. But you'd expect nothing less than incoherent drivel presented in a fashion that highlights the fct that he's talking out of his arse.

What a F***ing idiot who has no clue. Well done to American Reds for organising this boycott.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #5: May 12, 2009 07:20:03 pm
      Well done and a big thank you to all american reds who are hitting the idiot where it hurts, as "Mel" says in the letter, freedom of speech is not being disputed, it's the lack of communication about truth and lie's that are painful and infuriating, the sun is still reeling 20 years on because they chose to lie at an inappropriate time, and on the 20th anniversary this imbacile chooses to do the same, so may he, like the sun, suffer the same fate and a realisation that spouting an opinion that is grossly offensive and innacurate to a large scale media audience, will not be tolerated by any liverpool fan, football fan, or decent human being for that matter, in any part of the known universe.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #6: May 12, 2009 09:19:10 pm
      Yeah, I signed my petition too. He is a whining baby. I belong to LFC, New York, who emailed me a petition  that I signed and forwarded it to World Soccer Daily. He also has a TV show on Fox Soccer Channel. He does not hide his hate of Liverpool. When the TV show first started, it was was called "Fox Football Friday". His partner was a avid Liverpool supporter who kept him some what in check. I don't listen to his show anymore. I have to wait for my satelite radio to broadcast Radio 606.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #7: May 12, 2009 09:57:06 pm
      Scum. Deserve to be driven out of business pronto...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: May 13, 2009 01:36:56 am
      You Dirty F***ing spineless c**t  :f_steam:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9: May 13, 2009 04:47:33 am
      What a gutless and spineless pr**k.

Absolutely pathetic that he can state his love for one club whilst being host of a football show.

Well played by our American reds, as JD says the only time these pricks are going to take notice is when you hit their pockets.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: May 13, 2009 05:10:57 am
      Once again the Liverpool family shall not be kicked down.

Here's to you in hell, fuckwit!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: May 13, 2009 08:46:03 am
      Why does he justify his comments by saying hes a Chelsea fan? I know Chelsea fans are pr*cks but the real ones have respect, real fans of any team have respect. The guy is an ignorrant tosser, and it sounds like he has nothing to say remotely worth listening to. What a nobend. Good work from the american reds though.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: May 13, 2009 10:04:35 am
      I sat starve the bast*rd of all publicity and then he might get fed up listening to his own drivel and outright lies. :f_steam:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: May 13, 2009 02:32:13 pm
      You live by the media you die by the media.

C......t
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #14: May 13, 2009 04:42:47 pm
      Can we inform Jackie Smith so he cant be allowed to travel to this country. I for one do not want him here spouting off remarks so offensive and totally without foundation.If the USA is so litigious why haven't Larry and Mo sued the son of a bi*ch.
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #15: May 16, 2009 07:14:46 pm
      Good point .Why haknock the s..t out of hims jaqui Smith not banned the c..t If i saw him in the street i would swing for him as in kick the sh.t out of him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      Reply #16: May 16, 2009 07:25:31 pm
      Good point .Why haknock the s..t out of hims jaqui Smith not banned the c..t If i saw him in the street i would swing for him as in kick the sh.t out of him

Possibly because it would be better to shame the pr**k, especially as the w**ker has been sounding off on his show claiming that he's had death threats against his family and he also has form for taunting us on his show saying that, WE, Liverpool fans are scum, murderers etc etc. By threatening him, you're just playing into his hands.

Also the fact, Jacqui Smith can't ban him from this country, because he was born here, the horrible ex-cockney, now slighty yank c**t!

He's a gobs***e, plain and simple. You only have to look at his jewish name, yet hear him rambling on about Chelsea, especially with the songs they sing whenever they go to White Hart Lane, the links to Combat 18, half the pics all over the internet of their gobs***e fans giving it the nazi salute.

He hasn't got a F***ing clue.
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Reply #17: May 16, 2009 07:29:19 pm
      Point taken but the man makes my blood boil more than.Mancunians
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Jun 03, 2009 05:51:45 pm
      By all accounts this c**t is on his knees. With sponsors pulling out of backing the show he his now asking his listners to donate cash to keep the show afloat. Well done American reds keep going until hes finished.

What a wa**er
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #19: Jun 03, 2009 08:55:06 pm
      As an American Fan I fully support the boycott against this c**t.

I apologize for the cocks we have here in the States, because he is clearly extremely uneducated and should be disgraced to call himself a pundit of any kind since as a reporter his opinion should try to stay as objective as possible. This also gives me one more reason to hate uneducated "fans" of scum teams.  :mad:

In the end though we will have the last laugh when next season we still finish ahead of them when they spend three times the money we will spend this summer. Suck on that c**t ;D
      ged
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 03, 2009 09:12:04 pm
      Mr Cohen! Sometimes it is better to appear to be a F***ing witless cretin and keep your mouth shut ,than to open it and remove all doubt. :tosser:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      Reply #21: Jul 20, 2009 10:13:45 pm
      Another apology by the publicity seeking pr**k!

Quote from: World Soccer Statement
      World Soccer daily is a fan forum. It is the only Daily show in America that covers the beautiful game and has been at the forefront of covering the recent success of the US team in the Confederations Cup as well as the World Game. It is a place for fans and a number of well-respected football experts from around the globe. However, there has been a recent controversy that requires more formal clarification.
      I want to be clear that I offered a sincere apology that was published on the WSD website.
      My reference to “putting this crap to bed” and my obvious anger was motivated by the hatred, racism and threats aimed at my family and me by some of those who are following this boycott. The vile anti-semitic and racist communication I have received for obvious reasons means I have legitimate anger at the organizers of the boycott, those who have helped to stoke the flames of hatred and those people who have acted upon it.
      As for screwing up the paper the apology was written on, that is a regular practice. I even do it at times after I read spots for sponsors. Several presenters in the US that I admire also toss what they are reading when they are done. Among them are David Letterman and Keith Olbermann. I apologize to the victim’s families if either my anger about the boycott or my standard practice made them feel my apology was anything less than sincere.
      In response to your query I will clarify my position on the Hillsborough tragedy. I made some statements I honestly felt were consistent with the best available accounts of what happened that terrible day. I thought my statements were correct and were made in order
      to offer my concern for the dead and in the context of the tragedy in the Ivory Coast. On further examination, I made a series of claims that were incorrect. I claimed on air there were 6 to 8 thousand ticketless fans and I also claimed those fans were the main cause of the tragedy. I did not see my statement that there was “shared responsibility” for the incident as in contradiction with the best available evidence.
      Those claims were incorrect and obviously hurtful to the victims of the tragedy. While there were a small number of ticketless fans there that fateful day, my closer reading of the Taylor report leads me to believe that the incident could have occurred regardless of their presence. The Taylor report does however say that such fans were not helpful. Thus, my claim that Liverpool fans share responsibility was on one hand misunderstood as hatred of the victims, and was not meant to suggest that Liverpool fans intentionally caused the incident or that anyone who was killed or injured that day was anything but a victim. The tragedy could have occurred with or without ticketless fans as the central problem was the issue of stadium design, crowd control procedures and the tragic actions of authorities responsible for public safety that day. At the same time, I do feel that as fans we have to always do our level best to look after one another and I applaud the many heroes that day who attempted to aid those who were trapped in the crush.
      As I said in my apology, the events “I am referring to could have happened to any club, in any sport, in any country at any public gathering. This is proved by events in the Ivory Coast recently as well as in South America, Ghana, the old Soviet Union etc…”
      As to the question of sponsors, unfortunately some have left the show. Some have left us because of the boycott, others for business reasons. Undoubtedly innocents have been harmed by the boycott as some supporters of WSD have grown angry with sponsors who have given in to the boycott and those who support the show are targeted by some Liverpool fans. This is an unfortunate product of the boycott and I wish it were otherwise.
      While their quarrel is with me, those who are being harmed go far beyond me. The show continues on and despite my heartfelt apology so does the boycott. It is unfortunate
      and we hope those sponsors may someday return and we have also developed new partnerships with companies that are great for the World Soccer Daily community.
      The current demand of the leader of the boycott is that I accept a lifetime ban from broadcasting. Effectively depriving me of the ability to make a living. This along with the fact that Mel Abshier and the organizers of the boycott have been cavalier about unleashing this level of hate directed at me and family, leaves me to question the motives of the boycott leaders. I do not honestly believe there is much despite an impractical lifetime ban, I can do to satisfy Abshier and those who have turned this into a personal vendetta that has inspired some of the racist hatred and threats aimed at me and now the Jewish community.
      Liverpool fans are now and have always been a welcome part of the World Soccer Daily Community. Many are still listening and supporting the show in spite of the boycott. Others have expressed disgust at the level of hatred unleashed online and on message boards associated with the club. We welcome all of those who reject hate.
      I hope this clarifies my position on Hillsborough and the boycott. I have concluded that it is best for the show and our community to avoid discussion of the boycott on air and to avoid in the future discussing Hillsborough. At the same time, World Soccer Daily is an open forum for fans of the game, where we welcome disagreements with the hosts or anyone else. We hope to maintain it as a free space where fans from America and all over the world, can discuss the game and issues around it and express their opinions even unpopular ones without fear of being targeted by boycotts, threats or racism.

There he is banging on about racism and anti-semitism and yet he'll still bang on about 'supporting' Chelsea. Wonder if the clueless bellend has ever been to a Chelsea-Spurs game!

I take it those 'Liverpool' fans still supporting the show aren't real Liverpool supporters.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2009 11:55:37 am by HUYTON RED »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2009 03:50:22 am
      What a F***ing toss-pot. He says sorry but then sticks it in again and then turns it into a 'i'm a victim' speech.

F**k you, w**ker. I hope he does lose his job and those people who have backed out of any commitment to the radio show deserve a round applause plus some!

Quick Reply