Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Were we like the Mancs when we were ruling??

Read 12044 times
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Re: Were we like the Mancs when we were ruling??
      Reply #46: May 23, 2009 04:48:41 pm
      Why not? Shouldn't the younger generations be taught about these things? Or are you afraid of having your sheer ignorance broken?

Ignorance? For your info BLUEdufflecoat..the reason I said that was because that issues might be quite sensitive for some of our posters!!what do you mean by 'ignorance' anyway?
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #47: May 23, 2009 04:54:07 pm
      There's a thread regarding the hillsborough...it's not said that we are totally unaware nor trying not to remind about the tragedy. But there's a thread for this...it's not about ignorance...
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #48: May 23, 2009 04:55:03 pm
      Ignorance? For your info BLUEdufflecoat..the reason I said that was because that issues might be quite sensitive for some of our posters!!what do you mean by 'ignorance' anyway?

People shouldnt be so sensitive, its not like anyone here has mocked either Munich or Hillsborough is it?

Ignorance (dictionary ref: the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.)
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 661 posts |
      Reply #49: May 23, 2009 04:59:11 pm
      People shouldnt be so sensitive, its not like anyone here has mocked either Munich or Hillsborough is it?

Ignorance (dictionary ref: the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.)

If you noticed,few posts before that were about songs that fans sang during the 70's and 80'.You said that no one has been mocked here. That's fine, I just didn't want it to go that far! Understand!! It is not really nice of you accusing people of being ignorant of hillsborough when you don't even know them!!
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #50: May 23, 2009 05:10:58 pm

I think the ignorance stems from present day Liverpool fans thinking that they were always whiter than white....

No football club has fans that are whiter than white......

Like it or not lots of Liverpool fans have been just as bad as other fans in the past......

People are all individuals, they won't conform to what your ideal of a Liverpool fan is anymore than they would conform to what the stereotype of any football fan is...
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 661 posts |
      Reply #51: May 23, 2009 05:21:24 pm
      I think the ignorance stems from present day Liverpool fans thinking that they were always whiter than white....

No football club has fans that are whiter than white......

Like it or not lots of Liverpool fans have been just as bad as other fans in the past......

People are all individuals, they won't conform to what your ideal of a Liverpool fan is anymore than they would conform to what the stereotype of any football fan is...

That was the whole point of this thread. Hey you cant blame us to be born in the late 80's you know. I read through the posts.I have read your accounts on how the banners at Anfield used to be and the fact that back then songs like that were sang at stadiums. I know no club has fans that are whiter than white.Never said liverpool fans were either!!

The only reason that I asked the conversations of Hillsborough and Munich to be dropped is because I feared it would go too far.Now, I am SORRY if it is wrong to fear that  something like that would happen and trying to prevent it. But certainly Bluedufflecoat who claims to be a Liverpool fan, can't simply accuse another red  of being ignorant of Hillsborough!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #52: May 23, 2009 05:22:06 pm
      We never in a million years said all Liverpool fans are whiter than whiter...but at least far more dignified than scum fans!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #53: May 23, 2009 05:35:48 pm
      Think we shouldnt compare ourselves to the mancs. We played different styles and were completely different teams.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #54: May 23, 2009 07:14:16 pm

I have had too much of the bad aspects of United fans posted on here and being told that that is what ALL United fans are like when you know it's not true...

Every club has bad fans and yes it even includes Liverpool..........

May I curteously suggest that if you have had enough of the allegedly degrading comments about your supporters then you PISS OFF to a site that may complement them, may I suggest a Manc one ?
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: May 23, 2009 07:25:11 pm
      I think it's quite amazing how biased you are, you've only got to read the posts on here to see how little you've progressed, I've seen United fans pulled off buses on Merseyside by Liverpool 'fans' and beaten to a pulp...

Anyone who points to a YouTube video as an accurate representation of ANY fans is an idiot..... 8)......
      Listen  idiot , that was just one example of the filthy hatred from your scumbag fans, i hear it every time i go to o.t. Yes it used to happen at our place but like ive said .. weve progressed and are still by and far the best supporters in the world.. youre fans hatred has just festered.  And this is not bias  its just the way i see it honestly. Youll have your opinion obviously, but why dont you go and call us and brew your special brew of anti - scouse hate with the rest of them on your own sites.. and ill go on being an idiot hey! ;D
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #56: May 23, 2009 08:03:17 pm
      I have supported LFC since the early 70s and remember the great Bill Shankley and Bob Paisley...
      Bill Shanks was a great man who was able to be humorous with his comments about other teams and players.. it was always said with a twinkle in his eye and very much tongue in cheek and was never ever a personal nasty barbed with his remarks (Sir Slurguson.. please note!!)
      Then the great Bob Paisley.. a shy retiring man who never sought the limelight who despite all his success ( a lot of which was down to the Boot Room staff and he would have been and was the first too admit) was never one for outrageous rantings and fingerpointing at referees or other op ponenets. (Sir Slurguson please note !!)
      The game of football has changed beyond all recognition since the forming of the Premiership and it pains me to say it the change has been to the detriment of real football fans.
      I have said it before.. and will say it again... all empires crumble.... I never thought that the success that LFC had would ever end..... Man Utds current run will end maybe not next season, but it will.
      Their fans like ours will then be left pondering where did it all go wrong!!!
      Its not only in the Premiership that football clubs empires crumble a quick look at the demise of Real Madrid is a typical example.
      Chelsea FC were hailed as the team that would ruin football in this country courtesy of all their ££ billion owner yet they are plagued by in fighting and yet look at their league position this season !!
      I was a little upset by our Rafa rising to the bait of the poison spewed by red nose this season and hope he rises above it and ignores the tw*t next season.
      There will always be animosity between us and Man Utd but in short Sir Slurguson, the Nevillle chuckle brothers, Rooney and Rio Ferdinand to name but a few take their hatred of LFC beyond the pale.
      No football fan minds light hearted banter and some piss taking it-comes with the game.
      In short Sir Slurguson want to beat our titles total and win the 19th next season... all I can say is there should be no better motivation by the Rafa and the LFC players to get on the playing field for every match next season and ram it down Man Utds throats !!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #57: May 23, 2009 08:48:31 pm

If you noticed,few posts before that were about songs that fans sang during the 70's and 80'.You said that no one has been mocked here. That's fine, I just didn't want it to go that far! Understand!! It is not really nice of you accusing people of being ignorant of hillsborough when you don't even know them!!

Maybe you misunderstood me, I coined the term, ignorance with regards to your 'apparent' lack of knowledge about how large sections of the Liverpool faithful often mocked the Munich Air Disaster.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 661 posts |
      Reply #58: May 23, 2009 08:50:49 pm
      Maybe you misunderstood me, I coined the term, ignorance with regards to your 'apparent' lack of knowledge about how large sections of the Liverpool faithful often mocked the Munich Air Disaster.

Well no grudges then!! Sorry for the misunderstanding.;)
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #59: May 23, 2009 08:55:52 pm
      May I curteously suggest that if you have had enough of the allegedly degrading comments about your supporters then you PISS OFF to a site that may complement them, may I suggest a Manc one ?

Immaturity, debating with opposition fans is great, and King Cantona, hasnt displayed any rudeness in his behaviour, he has argued his points from a different perspective and his contribution should be welcomed. There is nothing wrong with banter. You should welcome a different point of view sometime.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #60: May 23, 2009 09:33:37 pm
      We never in a million years said all Liverpool fans are whiter than whiter...but at least far more dignified than scum fans!

That is exactly what amazes me, how more dignified? It exists only in your own head. Liverpool fans were guilty of some appalling songs and chants back in the day and you apparently trying to deny it won't change the FACT that it happened...
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2009 09:45:34 pm
      For gods sakes if you won the title you would glory in it and fair enough if you did we enjoy our title we sing our songs but not for one minute in my mind do I think yes F***ing Liverpool will be jealous .

Yes I wont lie to you I was buzzing we drew level on titles but Im a realist I know your ready and waiting and stronger then ever so we have to be and if we win it again it will be with you hot on our tales because you have three special players in Gerrard , Torres and Alonso who can change a game in a second.

Come on all us mancs arnt that bad I know loads of Liverpool fans I have no hatred at all its purely down to football on the day I want us to F***ing have you but the next day I hold no grudge plain and simple.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #62: May 23, 2009 09:45:52 pm
      Listen  idiot , that was just one example of the filthy hatred from your scumbag fans, I hear it every time I go to o.t. Yes it used to happen at our place but like ive said .. weve progressed and are still by and far the best supporters in the world.. youre fans hatred has just festered.  And this is not bias  its just the way I see it honestly. Youll have your opinion obviously, but why dont you go and call us and brew your special brew of anti - scouse hate with the rest of them on your own sites.. and ill go on being an idiot hey! ;D

OK Paul, "brew my special brew of anti-scouse hate"? Wow and I like scousers but self righeous statements like "we are still the best supporters in the world" just make me wonder, have you seen all the other fans in the world? Have you met ALL of them, have you shared a beer with ALL of them...

We can be good fans but for anyone to say that such and such fans are bad fans is never going to be accurate. Everyone is an individual, there are some good fans and some bad fans of every team, Liverpool don't have the monopoly on good fans....
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #63: May 23, 2009 09:59:26 pm
      Immaturity, debating with opposition fans is great, and King Cantona, hasnt displayed any rudeness in his behaviour, he has argued his points from a different perspective and his contribution should be welcomed. There is nothing wrong with banter. You should welcome a different point of view sometime.
      I welcome debate with open arms but cannot for the life of me understand why a fan of another club comes on here trying unsuccessfully to defend his club when hie could be on his own clubs site having a go at us ! 
      I mean how much free time has he got F.F.S !. If I we're him I' D spend my time adoring my club not slating others !
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #64: May 23, 2009 10:05:49 pm
      I welcome debate with open arms but cannot for the life of me understand why a fan of another club comes on here trying unsuccessfully to defend his club when hie could be on his own clubs site having a go at us !  
      I mean how much free time has he got F.F.S !. If I we're him I' D spend my time adoring my club not slating others !

Going on your own clubs' boards is boring, you may like just conversing with fellow Liverpool fans and just slagging off United morning, noon and night but some people wouldn't be interested, me for example...

And by the way going on a United board having a go at you is probably the worst possible use of my time......

I don't slate Liverpool anyway......
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2009 03:00:12 pm by King Cantona »
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 661 posts |
      Reply #65: May 24, 2009 06:23:14 am

Going on your own clubs' boards is boring, you may like just conversing with fellow Liverpool fans and just slagging off United morning, noon and night but some people wouldn't be interested, me for example...

And by the way going on a United board having a go at you is possibly the worst possible use of my time......

I don't slate Liverpool anyway......

Nobody asked you to go on United's board start slagging us  .You can always discuss about your club,player and your illustrious history at any of the manc forum.Why not do that?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: May 24, 2009 07:56:06 am
      OK Gavinox Im In Here For Mr King Cantona.

AllRight M-A-N-K-E-R.

So you really want to know why we will never be like you and reading an excerpt from the Mirror Online there is no f------ing way we would want to be like you.
      We think we have business problems with Hansel and Gretel?
      Well.
      We will probably get rid of them.

Just for you. Last day of the season. Have a read of this little tome...

(........Just as you finish your sentences.....)

From the Mirror.Co.Uk

You could do a lot worse than trying to make sense of Manchester United's yearly accounts (for the year leading up to June 2008) filed at London’s Company House .
      Fortunately for anyone who doesn’t want to do this, I’ve done it for you. It was a dirty job, and it was me what had to do it.
      The figures are dazzling, even blinding. Putting on my darkest sunglasses, this is the bit that sticks out.

Despite a turnover of more than £250 million, the aptly named Red Devils incurred an operating loss of more than £26 million (after tax).

This means that even in a year when the club won both the Premier League title and the Champions League – as well as progressing to the quarter finals of the FA Cup – they STILL couldn’t make any money !

The organisation’s debts stand at almost £700 million!
      It seems dazzling to say this, but the so called world’s best football team, (sic) a side so good they play to packed stadia wherever they roam, provide a lousy business model for how to run a company.

This, surely, is quite some carry-on.

My favourite part of the report, though, comes when the group’s board of directors – whose eight members include more than six with the surname Glazer – claim that their stated aims are to ‘[Treat] fans as customers.’
      Customers, eh? Now that’s a novel approach. I wonder what other ways the club could have thought to treat those who pay to watch the team play?

Animals, perhaps?

Dupes and idiots?

Prisoners?

Actually that last one isn’t that wide of the mark.
      Money men in the safe-as-doll-houses world of the financial markets have a phrase to describe those of us who pay money to watch football.
      That phrase is ‘captive market.’
      Captive, as in not being free. YOU might call it loyalty, but THEY certainly do not.

The notion that the club might start ‘treating fans as customers’ will surprise some Manchester United fans, especially the ones who have lodged an official complaint about the club with the Office Of Fair Trading.
      These fans allege that even though they are season ticket holders they can not get tickets for key games, such as last season’s Champions League semi final home leg against FC Barcelona.

The question seems to be this: where is this all going to end?
      If MUFCPLC can’t make money in a season as successful as the last campaign then when will they make money?
      And how will they make it?
      Well, they’ll try to do it by squeezing the fans – the same fans that are described as being ‘captive’.

If you are a regular at Old Trafford and you are currently feeling the pinch of a recession then chances are you’ll soon be feeling it that little bit more.
      Probably any day now, when you have to fork out for a new season ticket.
      Be warned: the club you love will completely take the piss out of you.

Why?

Because it thinks that it must and believes that it can.

End

So there you go K.C.

Be like you.

Never. Dream On.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #67: May 24, 2009 10:14:35 am
      Good read eurored,

How on earth can the 'best suported' team in the universe (sic) make an operating loss of £25m, after the season they had? Wages I guess.

Did anyone at the 1-4 game see this on the menu?

They haven't got Risdale's Fish have they?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: May 24, 2009 10:44:19 am
       :lmao:

Nice One RP

Quick Reply