Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2363394 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #9407: Apr 16, 2014 11:12:35 pm
      I hope you're right mate, feel like one of those whinging kids when it comes to Reus. You know the ones that just keep saying they want something even those they know they can't have it, so if their worst enemy got it... well it wouldn't be a pretty picture.

I just can't see it Luke even after reading that article.

In my opinion Reus and Kroos could almost have the pick of clubs in Europe and I don't see why they would gamble on joining the mancs. Even the money shouldn't be an issue as the type of clubs interested in both will hardly be offering them a pittance.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #9408: Apr 16, 2014 11:19:13 pm
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9409: Apr 16, 2014 11:25:11 pm
      Stuart Pearce once bemoaned the state of football when one of his young charges said he'd rather have a Ferrari than an England cap. There will always be players for whom the money is the be all and end all and it will make a difference to them to be offered an extra 5 or 10k a week regardless of where they are playing. If Reus or Kroos are of that mercenary persuasion (or indeed their agents are) they will sign to the highest bidder.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #9410: Apr 16, 2014 11:30:10 pm
      Stuart Pearce once bemoaned the state of football when one of his young charges said he'd rather have a Ferrari than an England cap. There will always be players for whom the money is the be all and end all and it will make a difference to them to be offered an extra 5 or 10k a week regardless of where they are playing. If Reus or Kroos are of that mercenary persuasion (or indeed their agents are) they will sign to the highest bidder.

Possibly.

Just that I think there would be more than one bidder willing to pay what they would want and offer CL football as well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9411: Apr 16, 2014 11:30:49 pm
      A city fan on Bluemoon has called the City fans that stayed until full time a disgrace and said they should have left sooner.

Is that guy for real :lmao: ?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9412: Apr 16, 2014 11:31:49 pm
      Possibly indeed. But if it's 240k a week plus CL or 250k a week without........
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #9413: Apr 16, 2014 11:34:24 pm
      Possibly indeed. But if it's 240k a week plus CL or 250k a week without........

Surely only a fool would take option 2.

And if that's the case the mancs are welcome to them.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9414: Apr 17, 2014 05:58:46 pm
      Someone on red cafe is confident players will come. This is his shopping list
      1 CB: Garay/Mangala: 30m
      1 LB: Shaw : 30 m
      1 Backup Full Back: Arrias 10m
      2 CMs: Kroos 30m Carvalho 25m
      1 Winger: Reus 35m
      Total: 130m

Now regardless of whether they can a) attract these players or b) afford to sign/pay them someone should really point out that his list adds up to £160m!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #9415: Apr 17, 2014 06:03:51 pm

Now regardless of whether they can a) attract these players or b) afford to sign/pay them someone should really point out that his list adds up to £160m!!

Most importantly, c) They'll still be managed by David (Chosen One) Moyes

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #9416: Apr 17, 2014 07:02:15 pm

It's £130m

EDIT: And it's fantasy football too :D
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #9417: Apr 17, 2014 07:04:02 pm

I think they only counted one of the 1st 2 names, as it says 1 CB.

So (unbelievably for a Manc) they appear to have it added correctly.  Maybe they got some help...

Even so, there's no way a team on the decline, with no CL footy, could get all them names in.  Even with the huge draw that playing under a manager like Gollum must be.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9418: Apr 17, 2014 07:11:18 pm
      Err I know it's a long time since I did my maths o level (yes o level so that dates me) but:
      1 cb @30 plus shaw at 30 = 60
      Arrias at 10 = 70
      Kroos at 30 = 100
      Carvalho at 25 = 125
      Reus at 35 = 160
       :mad:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #9419: Apr 17, 2014 07:16:02 pm
      Err I know it's a long time since I did my maths o level (yes o level so that dates me) but:
      1 cb @30 plus shaw at 30 = 60
      Arrias at 10 = 70
      Kroos at 30 = 100
      Carvalho at 25 = 125
      Reus at 35 = 160
       :mad:

I missed Kroos, hiding there by Carvalho

Why are you smashing your head against a brick wall?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #9420: Apr 17, 2014 07:40:30 pm
      I'm an old man it hurts when I have to use my brain these days!!
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #9421: Apr 17, 2014 07:43:53 pm
      I missed Kroos, hiding there by Carvalho

Why are you smashing your head against a brick wall?

Also missed Kroos.

I guess the poor Manc who posted it didn't get any help as I had previously thought.  Maybe he only knows Mancs...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9422: Apr 17, 2014 10:36:00 pm
      They're making the classic mistake of spending shed loads of cash on big names to try to get back into the CL at the first attempt.  Unfortunately they can afford it for now but if they fail next season and again the season after they will run into trouble, financially.

Personally I'd rather they waste a load of money and keep Moyes than bring in someone who might actually get them playing well again  ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9423: Apr 17, 2014 10:54:58 pm
      Yeah, Kroos and Reus are going to leave high-level CL football for that lot.

Don't make me laugh!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9424: Apr 17, 2014 11:36:31 pm
      Yeah, Kroos and Reus are going to leave high-level CL football for that lot.

Don't make me laugh!

Money talks. United will be back sooner or later imo, with or without their football genius.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #9425: Apr 18, 2014 07:03:23 am
      Depends of they keep moyes or not. He is 7th with januzaj mata Rooney van Persie welbeck and Hernandez. Throwing 150 million at the problem won't change his inability to take his team to another level tactically and in terms of inspiration
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #9426: Apr 18, 2014 07:56:15 am
      Money talks. United will be back sooner or later imo, with or without their football genius.

The financial status quo has irrevocably changed, shitloads of money no longer translates as automatic success, with that scenario comes an unwillingness for the global investment companies to sink their funds into 'soccer' and be guaranteed a good return on their investment.
      Ibramovic could be the exception to the rule as he unloads skiploads of dosh at the feet of Mourinho but that state of affairs is not tenable.
      The mancs anticipated ''return to greatness'' might not be as tenable either as a reluctance to invest multi-millions in a soccer club is bandied about American boardrooms, the priority being economics rather than football.
      Until there is cataclysmic change in attitude at boardroom level Mr Moyes will be allowed to continue the magnificent job he is doing at that club.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #9427: Apr 18, 2014 09:01:20 am
      Quote from reddebs
      They're making the classic mistake of spending shed loads of cash on big names to try to get back into the CL at the first attempt.  Unfortunately they can afford it for now but if they fail next season and again the season after they will run into trouble, financially.

The Leeds 2001 model, and to lesser extent the LFC 2011 model. That didn't work either.

They refuse to recognise that once you're out of the top 4, change is inevitable, painful, and painstaking. We've undergone coach changes, board changes, player changes, owner changes, thrown money at it, put up with disappointments and embarrassments of various forms in the past 4 years, and now we're finally back in it. But it's not easy,  there's no quick fix, and there's much more to it than simply blowing millions on players. If it's not spent wisely, you're only wasting your time.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #9428: Apr 18, 2014 09:24:48 am
      But it's not easy,  there's no quick fix, and there's much more to it than simply blowing millions on players. If it's not spent wisely, you're only wasting your time.

See this year's Spurs team for the best example of blowing 100m on players with spectacularly poor results.  I know they couldn't keep him but they would have been better being carried by Bale - like last year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9429: Apr 18, 2014 09:33:42 am
      The Leeds 2001 model, and to lesser extent the LFC 2011 model. That didn't work either.

But neither us nor Leeds had the revenue streams that they have.

Their turnover last season was £360m, more than double than most of their rivals.  Yes that's going to change as they won't have CL money this season but they are about to sign more mega sponsorship deals with Nike which will be more than they'll lose.

The new BT deal for the Premiership will also bring in more this season, the bottom placed Club will receive more than last seasons winners, so they can afford to spend big.  The big thing for them is that the new players need to be the right players and fit in immediately if they are to get back up the league.

Quick Reply