Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2360558 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #12328: May 23, 2016 09:32:20 pm
      Would that satisfy you Keith, just gaining qualification? i.e. 4th what's one position, apart from money?

Course not  :( I honestly believe when he brings in the players he wants we will go very close. I've had a £1400/£200 based on that fact the chosen one gets the job  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12329: May 23, 2016 09:58:05 pm
      I rarely forget anything trivial mate, it's the important stuff I have a problem with  :D

;D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12330: May 23, 2016 10:03:21 pm
      100% sure United will gain CL  football with the chosen one In charge  ;D

Wow, bold statement to make about a manager who was dragging the current champions (at the time) into a relegation battle with a team that's as a whole, a lot better than the United one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12331: May 23, 2016 10:29:14 pm
      Give LVG credit - he blooded in youngsters from the youth setup and, unlike the seniors at that club, actually responded to him.

Now watch Mourinho squander it all.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12332: May 23, 2016 10:36:03 pm
      Wow, bold statement to make about a manager who was dragging the current champions (at the time) into a relegation battle with a team that's as a whole, a lot better than the United one.

Not really, we had a very poor year by our standards and missed out by goal difference. It just can't get any worse!! Can it??  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12333: May 23, 2016 10:37:43 pm
      Not really, we had a very poor year by our standards and missed out by goal difference. It just can't get any worse!! Can it??  ;D

You really have no idea how bad it'll get Keith  :roll:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12334: May 23, 2016 10:39:48 pm
      You really have no idea how bad it'll get Keith  :roll:

Well we've had a couple of years of it and that's more than enough  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12335: May 23, 2016 10:40:44 pm

Nothing like as bad as what's to come mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #12336: May 23, 2016 10:47:35 pm

That's how it starts!!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12337: May 23, 2016 10:50:41 pm
      It just can't get any worse!! Can it??  ;D

Well you are Mancs so no, it can't get any worse for you, already as bad as it can get.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12338: May 23, 2016 10:56:21 pm
      Nothing like as bad as what's to come mate.

Well let's hope you don't read football matches like I read greyhound races  ;D No matter what it's looking like a exciting season pending the summer transfers mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12339: May 23, 2016 11:00:01 pm
      Well let's hope you don't read football matches like I read greyhound races  ;D No matter what it's looking like a exciting season pending the summer transfers mate.

Aye, it's the hope that kills you  ;)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #12340: May 24, 2016 12:57:30 am
      Quote from BarneyLFC
      Because Mourinho is quite clearly a better manager than either Moyes or Van Gaal. Mourinho is in the same echelon as Guardiola, Simeone, Klopp, and Ancelotti. He's in that group of five who I'd say are probably the five best managers in the world currently (in no particular order). Mourinho will spend the money better than Van Gaal and he'll get more out of the players.

I'd argue at this point in time Champions League football is overrated. The current big three clubs (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern) aside, I'd say money is the main deciding factor and that's something that they can offer.

That might change with Guardiola coming in, Conte reinvigorating Chelsea, and Klopp having a summer, but in its current state it is horrendous.

I'd like to be wrong

Why horrendous? Imo, the more competitive the league is, the better it is. Compare that to leagues where the winner is known before a ball is kicked, which makes it all a bit of a sham really.

If they press the nuclear button, their new man has a massive rebuilding job on his hands. As we know with Klopp, it's no quick fix. They have fallen far since the insufferable tyrant packed up, so far that the FA Cup isn't considered good enough for them. They can spend a few quid of course, but Leicester have ttp out of all the  big clubs this season, by proving that it takes more than throwing money at it, to win the league anymore. 
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #12341: May 24, 2016 05:37:33 am
      Course not  :( I honestly believe when he brings in the players he wants we will go very close. I've had a £1400/£200 based on that fact the chosen one gets the job  ;D

I'm not desputing he will get the job it's Whether or not he can DO the job, remember, the last time you GOT a manager capable of doing a job was oved 30 yrs ago! ADMITTEDLY he did a good one for you!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12342: May 24, 2016 05:55:23 am
      His previous owner has money to burn & what remind yourself what position Jose left the team in...

F**k all to worry about to be honest, if anything it makes it even sweeter when we beat them because we have previous with that thundercunt Jose...

He left them in a poor position, but he won them the league the season before. If you offered me Klopp leaving us in 15th or whatever it was Mourinho left Chelsea in for a league title, I'd snap your hands off without any hesitation.

Of course there's something to worry about. Mourinho has won everywhere he's been. The odds are that he'll win again with them and that's never a good thing.

He's always been a hero of mine reddebs. Even at chavs I couldn't hate him. Ever since Fergie retired he was always my first choice as a fan. I honestly think he will be a changed man after what happened at the Chavs. The £64,000 question is will we get 3 years out of him as the stats are against us. However, I do believe he will do a Fergie and become a legend in time.

There's no way that he does anything even remotely similar to what Ferguson did with you. There's little doubt in my mind that he'll be successful (at least in terms of honours), but anything more and you're asking him to do something he's never done before in his career.

;D. Maybe I'm just biased then. I'm just one of those that love him and not hate him. I didn't mean similar as a copy of how Fergie did it, I meant trophy wise. As for the leak! Well it was expected wasn't it. Just glad we did it the right way and waited till the last game of the season, unlike city  :-\

Erm, City had no choice. Pellegrini wanted to announce it.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12343: May 24, 2016 06:15:53 am
      Aye I'm sure it will for you lot, not sure you'll enjoy hearing him throwing your young talent under his proverbial bus in the post match presser though.

Good for you but I wouldn't put money on it  ;)

I reckon the top four next season will be four from five of us, Arsenal, United, City, and Chelsea. It wouldn't surprise me whatever combination it was.

Mata is probably their best player and he will be gone straight away

Mata is their most overrated player. He's been no where near as good as he was at Chelsea for them. De Gea and Martial are their two big threats moving forward. Rashford and Shaw could be too. The rest of their squad doesn't particularly worry me. They've got a decent enough bunch, but like us, they need an injection of star quality in two or three areas.

So 4 Champions League places up for grabs and I think there are 6 teams that are genuine contenders. For me it's:

1. Man City - Guardiola will be given funds for sure and Citeh already have a very decent first XI to build on. They looked flat this season, and they'll get the funds, the players and the lift they'll need to win it.
      2. Spurs - I was impressed with them more than Leicester; one or two signings from consolidating 2nd place
      3. Arsenal - 16 (?) years they've qualified for ECL so I don't seem them doing any differently next season
      4. Chelsea - It was a blip, I'm sure of it, and if they can hold on to Hazard...Conte will also have money to strengthen
      5. Liverpool - We will DEFINITELY be stronger than our 8th place come next season (Keeper and central defender already sorted). We'll push Chelsea all the way, and with luck playing a part, we may even nick 4th, but ultimately I have to say that we will eventually miss out - primarily down to player experience over the long haul. 
      6. Man Utd - Mourhino will also be given funds for sure, but their first XI is a bit of a mess and they were lucky to get 5th place. I honestly believe that apart from De Gea, and Martial (not convinced with Rashford or others) they have a big rebuilding job on their hands. Not much in it, but I think we'll be better than them next season.

It may be snobbery but I don't see Leicester finishing any better than upper mid in the table. Regardless of 38 games, Leicester totally took the league by surprise, to the point that even half way through, everyone took their eye off them and expected them to fall away. They didn't, so this time around the other teams will be better prepared. Leicester are now a scalp and are swimming with the sharks from game one. Teams like City and Spurs will be out for revenge. They say it's tough to win a title but tougher to defend it, and I think Leicester will find that out.

I think City are nailed on. They probably have the best manager, will spend the most, and IMO, have the best squad already (though it has massively under-performed). I think Arsenal are too. Wenger will make two or three good signings and they'll do the Arsenal thing of finishing somewhere in the top four without really threatening for the league. Chelsea's season is entirely dependent on what happens with Hazard IMO. If they get him back to his best, they'll definitely be up there. If he's not back to his best or he decides to leave, then I think they'll struggle.

Not sure how you can say Spurs impressed you the most. They finished 3rd and a significant distance off of Leicester. I don't think they'll spend much as per usual and I've seen a lot of Spurs supporters say on their forums that they just need a bit of depth rather than anyone to come into their first XI. If that's the route that they go down, then they'll struggle. They only hit 70 points. If they're only buying the likes of Wanyama and Batshuayi/Berahino as depth, then they don't particularly worry me. Wanyama is crap and they need much more than a reserve striker. I think Dele Alli will probably improve, but as we've seen in the past with young players, development isn't linear so even that's not guaranteed. I don't think Dembele will have a season as good as the one he had this year and I don't think Rose will either. If I was Spurs, I'd be after a left back to walk into the first team, a centre midfielder, a right winger to relegate Lamela to a squad player, and a very good striker who can play second fiddle to Kane. Spurs also likely won't have the same fortune that they've had this season in terms of injuries. A team of Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, a new left back, Dier, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, a new winger, and Kane would be strong. I know the view is probably arrogant considering we've finished behind them regularly for the past six or seven seasons, but that's just my opinion.

I think United have got four absolute gems in De Gea, Martial, Shaw, and Rashford. Smalling and Blind are both good players too, but I don't think Blind will play regularly for Mourinho because he doesn't have the physicality. If United manage to get a striker, a right winger, a number 10, and another centre back, I think they'll be in a good position.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12344: May 24, 2016 06:20:07 am
      Why horrendous? Imo, the more competitive the league is, the better it is. Compare that to leagues where the winner is known before a ball is kicked, which makes it all a bit of a sham really.

If they press the nuclear button, their new man has a massive rebuilding job on his hands. As we know with Klopp, it's no quick fix. They have fallen far since the insufferable tyrant packed up, so far that the FA Cup isn't considered good enough for them. They can spend a few quid of course, but Leicester have ttp out of all the  big clubs this season, by proving that it takes more than throwing money at it, to win the league anymore. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's entertaining, but the quality is very poor. Our 08/09 team would absolutely piss the league. Our 13/14 team would win it too and they were a team that had a number of glaring weaknesses.

Leicester are a total anomaly. If something like that happens again, we can start using them as a benchmark and start comparing them to other teams. Otherwise, I don't think it's wise to do so.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12345: May 24, 2016 06:24:08 am
      Anyway, looks like Zlatan is going to happen for them. He doesn't particularly worry me. Apparently they want James Rodriguez too and he wants to join them, but shitcoat isn't convinced he'd be able to make the transition to the league.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #12346: May 24, 2016 07:29:39 am
      Quote from BarneyLFC
      Leicester are a total anomaly.

They've been saying that about Leicester for the past 9 months. Still waiting for this collapse.

They'll have their own cash to spend of course in the summer. If they continue the work that got them where it did this year on top of that, they'll be in the mix for the top 4 as well. You can't just dismiss them out of hand before a ball is kicked.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12347: May 24, 2016 08:10:49 am
      I'm not desputing he will get the job it's Whether or not he can DO the job, remember, the last time you GOT a manager capable of doing a job was oved 30 yrs ago! ADMITTEDLY he did a good one for you!

Hi frizz, long time no speak, hope all is well.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Oh he can do the job there's no danger of that. It's just how long we keep him for might be the stumbling block.  We've already seen what Klopp can do in a short space of time with the left overs he got from Rogers. You fans have got the passion in your game  back with that contagious smile of Klopps ;D. Pending on funds given in his first full season I can see you guys comfortably getting in the top 4 in 2017. The same applies to United in my opinion.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #12348: May 24, 2016 08:27:24 am
      I like the phrase by Shabs calling him a cheque book manager which he clearly is.

I also like to call him an egotistical self loving c**t who without doubt has found his perfect club for a few years.

Considering he plays dull defensive football im surprised that Man U fans are collectively wanking into their socks over him. If they thought Van Gaal played a poor way wait until this fella takes the reigns.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12349: May 24, 2016 08:38:25 am
      I like the phrase by Shabs calling him a cheque book manager which he clearly is.

I also like to call him an egotistical self loving c**t who without doubt has found his perfect club for a few years.

Considering he plays dull defensive football im surprised that Man U fans are collectively wanking into their socks over him. If they thought Van Gaal played a poor way wait until this fella takes the reigns.

What was his spend like at Porto?

Also, him playing defensive football is overstated. At times he does, yeah, but he's also had sides that play decent stuff. It's certainly better than anything Van Gaal produced for them. And more importantly for them, it works (barring this season).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,474 posts | 4594 
      Reply #12350: May 24, 2016 08:44:51 am
      What was his spend like at Porto?

Also, him playing defensive football is overstated. At times he does, yeah, but he's also had sides that play decent stuff. It's certainly better than anything Van Gaal produced for them. And more importantly for them, it works (barring this season).

& how many clubs like Porto has he managed since?...

What legacy has he left behind? I've not seen Jose promote youth or even an Academy...

Always spent big & will continue to do so...

Quick Reply