Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2343266 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #12351: May 24, 2016 08:48:42 am
      This is from the daily fail back in January this year. Highest spenders in the last ten years. This is combined between the clubs they've been with in that time frame.

HIGHEST-SPENDING MANAGERS OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS
      1 - Jose Mourinho – £619m
      2 - Manuel Pellegrini – £597m
      3 - Carlo Ancelotti – £466m
      4 - Roberto Mancini – £441m
      5 - Pep Guardiola – £382m
      6 - Rafa Benitez – £376m
      7 - Louis van Gaal – £337m
      8 - Arsene Wenger – £333m
      9 - Brendan Rodgers – £287m
      10 - Sir Alex Ferguson – £281 m

And their biggest buys.

Jose Mourinho
      £32m – Diego Costa
      £30m – Andriy Shevchenko
      £30m – Willian

Manuel Pellegrini
      £80m – Cristiano Ronaldo
      £54m – Kevin De Bruyne
      £49m – Raheem Sterling

Carlo Ancelotti
      £85m – Gareth Bale
      £63m – James Rodriguez
      £50m – Fernando Torres

Roberto Mancini
      £40m – Sergio Aguero
      £27m – Edin Dzeko
      £25m – Samir Nasri

Pep Guardiola
      £40m – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
      £35m – Cesc Fabregas
      £34.2m – David Villa

Rafa Benitez
      £34.5m – Gonzalo Higuain
      £22.6m – Danilo
      £22.5m – Mateo Kovacic

Louis van Gaal
      £59.7m – Angel di Maria
      £36m, rising to £57.6m – Anthony Martial
      £31.5m – Luke Shaw

Arsene Wenger
      £42.5m – Mesut Ozil
      £35m – Alexis Sanchez
      £16m – Santi Cazorla

Brendan Rodgers
      £32.5m – Christian Benteke
      £29m – Roberto Firmino
      £25m – Adam Lallana

Sir Alex Ferguson
      £30m – Dimitar Berbatov
      £28m – Juan Veron
      £27m – Rio Ferdinand

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3385270/Jose-Mourinho-biggest-spending-manager-world-football-past-10-years-makes-10.html#ixzz49YcIpghC
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12352: May 24, 2016 09:20:37 am

Considering he plays dull defensive football im surprised that Man U fans are collectively wanking into their socks over him. If they thought Van Gaal played a poor way wait until this fella takes the reigns.

Can't be any worse than what is was under Van Gaal.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12353: May 24, 2016 09:39:07 am
      Mourinho as is his way will want to buy success, he bombed spectacularly at Chelski and was fu**ed off.
      Are the Glazers prepared to throw hundreds of millions at him in the hope it might work this time?
      The indications from the US suggest not, this is going to be fun.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12354: May 24, 2016 09:55:18 am
      Mourinho as is his way will want to buy success, he bombed spectacularly at Chelski and was fu**ed off.
      Are the Glazers prepared to throw hundreds of millions at him in the hope it might work this time?
      The indications from the US suggest not, this is going to be fun.

The fans are expecting at least another £150m spend this summer Stuey and they've very little quality to sell to raise those funds.  I think he will spend massive amounts, they can't afford to not gamble on getting CL back next season as they need the share price back up before the cash cow dries up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12355: May 24, 2016 10:08:46 am
      The fans are expecting at least another £150m spend this summer Stuey and they've very little quality to sell to raise those funds.  I think he will spend massive amounts, they can't afford to not gamble on getting CL back next season as they need the share price back up before the cash cow dries up.

Fazakerly Debs, no matter who they appoint it is a financial tightrope. Mourinho cannot work under any constriction, be it transfer budgets or enforced squad selection. When it went tits up at Chelsea he stopped short of blaming the mascot for his failings.
      He would be under far more pressure with the mancs for the reasons you indicate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12356: May 24, 2016 10:24:33 am
      Fazakerly Debs, no matter who they appoint it is a financial tightrope. Mourinho cannot work under any constriction, be it transfer budgets or enforced squad selection. When it went tits up at Chelsea he stopped short of blaming the mascot for his failings.
      He would be under far more pressure with the mancs for the reasons you indicate.

The pressure is going to be far higher than he's ever experienced at Chelsea mate, it's probably higher than at Real too as they were still winning when he went there and had a far better starting point.

He's not walking into a Title winning squad and he's not walking into a CL club either, he's walking into a disfunctioning, young, unbalanced squad with not many players used to his aggressive, disrupting style of play. 

There aren't many snidey, nasty fuckers to work with, the only 2 are Rooney and elbows and most of their fans want both out of the door asap.  He also plays a different type of defensive game too so everything they've learnt under VG is going to have to be unlearnt or they'll be out the team quicker than they can get their bibs off.

Of course he could well come in and not change anything due to the pressure of continuing VGs good work with the talented youngsters he's uncovered but that's a mighty dangerous game to play as he's just not used to it.

It'll be fascinating to see which Jose they'll get but I doubt it'll be long before he's upto his usual tricks and everything starts to unravel.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #12357: May 24, 2016 03:37:23 pm
      Seen this doing the rounds on Twitter, sums up how myopic some of them cu*ts are :laugh: And no I'm not following the manc c**t

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #12358: May 24, 2016 04:10:25 pm
      is it possible to despise UTD anymore that I already do ,well hell yes when they appoint the most awful person in football.
      At least Giggs will have more time to carry on his various out of work activities.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #12359: May 24, 2016 07:32:13 pm
      Hi frizz, long time no speak, hope all is well.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Oh he can do the job there's no danger of that. It's just how long we keep him for might be the stumbling block.  We've already seen what Klopp can do in a short space of time with the left overs he got from Rogers. You fans have got the passion in your game  back with that contagious smile of Klopps ;D. Pending on funds given in his first full season I can see you guys comfortably getting in the top 4 in 2017. The same applies to United in my opinion.

He's PREVIOUSLY done the job, Failing this season with the then current League champions what makes you think he can do the job for the Mancs when you've done nothing under the last two managers, 1 of which was personally chosen by your best ever manager!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #12360: May 24, 2016 08:55:42 pm
      LVG taking his sacking really badly
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12361: May 24, 2016 10:31:55 pm
      He's PREVIOUSLY done the job, Failing this season with the then current League champions what makes you think he can do the job for the Mancs when you've done nothing under the last two managers, 1 of which was personally chosen by your best ever manager!

With respect Frizzby but last two managers not in Mourinho's league for me. Fergie obviously got it wrong with Moyes. As for Van Gaal. I just don't like his style of play like so many fans. I would say you were in similar position when Rogers was your manager. So many fans just didn't like his style of play. In a short space of time with the same team Klopp has got the fans/team bouncing again. I think same with apply with Mourinho
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12362: May 24, 2016 10:35:00 pm
      With respect Frizzby but last two managers not in Mourinho's league for me. Fergie obviously got it wrong with Moyes. As for Van Gaal. I just don't like his style of play like so many fans. I would say you were in similar position when Rogers was your manager. So many fans just didn't like his style of play. In a short space of time with the same team Klopp has got you and the fans bouncing again. I think same with apply with Mourinho

When LVG took over you Mancs were crowing about it and how he would get you back to the top, especially when he signed the likes of Falcao and Di Maria but they wanted out before they even arrived. Jose alienates players in just the same way, he plays with the same defensive approach to games. What makes him so much better? He is just a higher rated, more arrogant version of LVG IMO. Jose, when his teams are in bad form he can't usually turn it around, twice he has been sacked from Chelsea and he's been given the boot from Madrid. In both of them teams he heavily alienated and worst of all caused a big divide in the Madrid dressing room with players like Casillas.

Jose isn't as good as people like to think he is.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #12363: May 24, 2016 10:38:02 pm
      When LVG took over you Mancs were crowing about it and how he would get you back to the top, especially when he signed the likes of Falcao and Di Maria but they wanted out before they even arrived. Jose alienates players in just the same way, he plays with the same defensive approach to games. What makes him so much better? He is just a higher rated, more arrogant version of LVG IMO.

was it £250mil spent on players but only one started the Cup final?. Maureen is just smaller version of LVG I cant see UTD playing dazzling attacking football under Maureen
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12364: May 24, 2016 10:58:49 pm

Jose isn't as good as people like to think he is.

Well the stats don't agree with KK. They say he's the most successful premiership manager. I'm very confidant he will turn us around. Main thing is it adds to what is going to be a unbelievable season for the north west clubs.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12365: May 24, 2016 11:00:15 pm
      I cant see UTD playing dazzling attacking football under Maureen

One things for sure, it can get any worse than what we've played this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #12366: May 24, 2016 11:02:32 pm
      Well the stats don't agree with KK. They say he's the most successful premiership manager. I'm very confidant he will turn us around. Main thing is it adds to what is going to be a unbelievable season for the north west clubs.

How is he the most successful Prem manager? You forgetting that alcoholic tw*t you had in charge for 20 odd years?

No the stats are good, but the shambolic achievements he has set along the way, particularly last season with Chelsea, puts a nice cloud over them. For a manager as good as he is, the "special one", he has been sacked 3 times and became a laughing stock.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #12367: May 24, 2016 11:03:27 pm
      I see even half of the United fans think Maureen is a shithouse and don't want him at the club!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12368: May 24, 2016 11:25:52 pm
      I see even half of the United fans think Maureen is a shithouse and don't want him at the club!

Not this one  ;D Those that have doubts will change their mind once he turns us around........... Hopefully  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #12369: May 24, 2016 11:27:41 pm
      Not this one  ;D Those that have doubts will change their mind once he turns us around........... Hopefully  ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12370: May 25, 2016 12:00:12 am
      We will see KK  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12371: May 25, 2016 12:34:41 am
      Yes I think so too. Would be even better if we didn't qualify for the Europa Leagues as well. it just gets in the way of the premier league due to too many games being played in a Competition that in truth none of us fans particular like anyway.  :-\

So Keith...you still think this way about the Europa League? Reserve team for the Mancs in Europe for next season?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,049 posts | 2725 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12372: May 25, 2016 07:01:21 am
      So Keith...you still think this way about the Europa League? Reserve team for the Mancs in Europe for next season?

Basically yes, it can certainly hinder your premiership chances. The only good thing about this comp now is as we both know you get a CL place if you win it. Unless we get to the quarter final stages I wouldn't be disappointed if we went out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,014 posts | 3953 
      Reply #12373: May 25, 2016 09:58:14 am

50% don't want him, 20% are indifferent which leave a quarter of the fan base in favour of having a proven giver-up as their manager.

Happy days ahead.

Quick Reply