Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Javier Mascherano (Barcelona)

Read 106499 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8677 
      Masch linked with Barca again...
      Reply #552: Nov 15, 2009 01:23:20 am
      BARCELONA LURE JAV AND ROBINHO
      By John Richardson Sunday November 15,2009

UNSETTLED Liverpool star Javier Mascherano has virtually sealed a £30million move to Barcelona.

And despite continual denials by Manchester City, he will be joined at the Spanish club by another unhappy South American star, Brazil striker Robinho, for a similar fee.

The European champions and Spanish League winners are confident of wrapping up the £60m double deal, if not during the January transfer window then definitely at the end of the season. Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Mascherano’s advisers have agreed the player’s personal terms with Barcelona – which will mean a hefty rise to around £100,000 a week – in advance of a fee being agreed between the two clubs.

It will be a devastating blow to Anfield boss Rafa Benitez, who has already lost another crucial midfielder, Xabi Alonso, to Barcelona’s bitter rivals Real Madrid. Mascherano almost joined Barcelona in the summer and was dejected when the high-profi le transfer collapsed. Insiders at Liverpool blame his disappointing early-season form on that dream move falling through.

But the Argentina international captain is determined to get his way in the coming months – and Liverpool know that.

They will, however, continue to play hard ball with Barcelona over the transfer fee. It’s believed they are demanding £36m, although an eventual compromise deal of around £30m – the same fee that took Alonso to Real Madrid – will end the waiting for a frustrated Mascherano.

He would love to leave in January but is more likely to go next summer. That’s the same scenario with Robinho at Manchester City. The striker is desperate to join Barcelona after failing to get to grips with the Premier League at Eastlands. Robinho annoyed City by staying with Brazil instead of returning for his club’s trip to Abu Dhabi, preferring to have his fractured ankle treated by his national team’s doctors than by the Eastlands club’s.

Manager Mark Hughes says Robinho is going nowhere but knows he can’t prevent the temperamental Brazilian moving on eventually.

Robinho has told Brazilian team-mates while preparing for yesterday’s friendly with England in Qatar that his City days are coming to a close.

He has ignored ex-Arsenal star and Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva’s advice to learn English, believing he
      will soon be back in Spain. Although he fell out with people during his final months at Real Madrid, he loves Spanish football and can’t wait to move to Barcelona.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/140479/Barcelona-lure-Jav-and-Robinho
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2009 02:18:31 pm by Court LFC »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Is This True?
      Reply #553: Nov 15, 2009 01:27:05 am
      It just won't go away this will it?

Hate it to be true, but on the other hand it won't surprise me in the least, it's been bubbling under for months these rumours.

Thing is, if he does move, will we actually see any of the money to spend on a replacement  :f_steam:

Dark times I'm afraid.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #554: Nov 15, 2009 01:37:05 am
      Depressing reading that, but no quotes.  Hope it's just more stirring by the press.

Personally I thought Masch's poor form earlier on was more likely to be blamed on the pressure he was under with Argentina struggling to qualify for the WC finals.  He's been the old Mascherano recently since they did qualify.  Although with the recent talk about him wanting a better deal who knows?

Maybe this is why Rafa has stood by Lucas for all this time?  He's turning into a very good holding midfielder in his own right and can only benefit from playing along side Masch for as long as possible.

If this is true though, I'll be gutted.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #555: Nov 15, 2009 01:41:59 am
      I don't think it's true to be honest.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #556: Nov 15, 2009 01:43:30 am
      This won't go away until he leaves for sure. Which i have already resigned myself to. He unfortunately has had his head turned i think and it won't be turned back.

Keep him until the summer at least i hope. After that get premium price for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #557: Nov 15, 2009 01:46:41 am
      Also last i heard Barca don't have any significant money to spend on players as they spent most of it on Ibrahimovic.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #558: Nov 15, 2009 02:02:08 am
      I simply can't see it happening over the winter transfer window unless we have someone lined up to replace him. I believe Masch leaving the club will happen in the summer coming up. If Alonso never did leave the club then Masch would of been sold to Barca but the club knew the team couldn't handle the blow of losing two key players to the team in one transfer window so that is why they decide to keep Masch. It does seem contract talks are not happening too much or getting far and unless something changes there will always be links.
      maxpinay
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #559: Nov 15, 2009 02:35:01 am
      depressing if true but he didn't want a new contract, did he? if he does make the move then we need to spend good money to get a better midfielder
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #560: Nov 15, 2009 02:47:12 am
      Not true! :D

He said his main priority was Liverpool. I'll trust him in that.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #561: Nov 15, 2009 02:49:51 am
      I also heard that Barce are broke. They dont have money to buy. Unless they sell some players.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #562: Nov 15, 2009 02:54:59 am
      Refereee!!!

Egg on your face Huyton Red. We'll soon see.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #563: Nov 15, 2009 03:31:36 am
      Until it appears in the Echo i'll dismiss it as bollocks.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #564: Nov 15, 2009 03:48:35 am
      There's no way that this is true. Just 30mil. for Mascha?  :mad:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #565: Nov 15, 2009 07:17:54 am
      UNSETTLED Liverpool star Javier Mascherano has virtually sealed a £30million move to Barcelona.

That would explain the £12 million transfer war chest Rafa is supposedly to receive in January.

God bless the owners! :f_tongueincheek:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #566: Nov 15, 2009 07:25:12 am
      We will have to wait for a club announcement on the subject,I hope it's not true though.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #567: Nov 15, 2009 08:12:30 am
      We will have to wait for a club announcement on the subject,I hope it's not true though.
      Or a denial from Mascherano would be acceptable,if no denial is forthcoming then i guess we will just have to accept the inevitable that Masch is going.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #568: Nov 15, 2009 08:14:27 am
      This does not sound good at all.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #569: Nov 15, 2009 08:19:56 am
      Think he will leave in the summer, rumour been going for a while now and Masch hasnt denied it.  :-\

Has to be for top dollar though.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #570: Nov 15, 2009 08:54:17 am
      I feel Javier Mascherano will leave next summer unless alot of things happen in the next 6 months.

If we had to sell another 'unhappy' player again, I'd like a high price for him and hopefully we can use all the money to buy more players a.k.a. owners to take half or 80% of it!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #571: Nov 15, 2009 09:07:38 am
      Maybe this is why Rafa has stood by Lucas for all this time?  He's turning into a very good holding midfielder in his own right and can only benefit from playing along side Masch for as long as possible.
      That's what I've said before. Maybe it's my inner pessimist but I think the only reason Masch's move didn't go ahead in the summer was simply because Rafa wasn't wiling to lose both midfielders in one go.
      tear
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #572: Nov 15, 2009 09:11:15 am
      I cant understand why footballers use our beloved lfc as a platform and not as the ultimate step
      lfc for life
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #573: Nov 15, 2009 09:18:04 am
      I really don't like the fact that Liverpool is not THE club to some players nowadays.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #574: Nov 15, 2009 10:28:37 am
      Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Mascherano’s advisers have agreed the player’s personal terms with Barcelona – which will mean a hefty rise to around £100,000 a week – in advance of a fee being agreed between the two clubs.

^^^^ That bit right there would be an illegal approach to sign a player

Transfer laws are laid down to protect clubs

First you agree a fee with the club, once thats agreed the club give the player/representatives permission to speak to that said club to agree terms. So on that note I'll officially file this under not fit to wipe my arse on.

Quick Reply