Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Voronin set for Reds switch

Read 8127 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Voronin set for Reds switch
      Reply #23: Feb 19, 2007 04:58:50 pm
      in Rafa we trust..
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 19, 2007 05:49:33 pm
      well i havent seen what he is like so i cant really say much about him really
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #25: Feb 19, 2007 07:18:07 pm
      if he's free,then what have we got to worry about.this is just Rafa's gamble and we must try to live with it
      ALL HAIL RAFA
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Feb 19, 2007 07:19:48 pm
      Just can't see the point in signing him we'd be much better off keeping pongolle when he finishes his loan than signing this pile of crap he's 27 reaching the peak of his career and all he can do is hit 6 in 20 in a sh*t league
      rafa im dissapointed! i wonder who out there will be getting his name on shirt theres always 1
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #27: Feb 19, 2007 08:01:19 pm
      we have to trust rafa,,,he's free,, signing  a 4 year deal  if he does not fit rafa can sell him  for a price and thats a  profit ,,,BTW celtic want him too but it semms he chose liverpool   ,, so why not try ,,,and does pongolle wants to come to anfield ,,hope he does ,,he 's doing well in spain
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #28: Feb 19, 2007 08:49:01 pm
      I'm a bit concerned about this one.
      BRING IN VILLA :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Feb 19, 2007 09:04:59 pm
      Cant see the problem myself, if he's free, what have we got to lose ?  ???   
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #30: Feb 19, 2007 09:35:16 pm
      I've also heard that Celtic were after Voronin. Don't remember any of europes elite clubs fighting over him at any time in his career. How many overage (or average even) players can you play for the under 18s ? Just a thought.
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #31: Feb 20, 2007 10:52:33 am
      comon do we really need a player that only scored 6 goals for his club in the german league..and only 4 from 40 appearances for his country??? comom please no need to bring in these types of players in the squad.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #32: Feb 20, 2007 09:52:41 pm
      For once there's actually more debate going on on the website than on the actual forum on this topic!

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/02/19/the-crow-to-be-liverpools-next-striker/
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #33: Feb 22, 2007 06:19:03 pm
      He can be seen playing now for Levekuasen V's Blackburn on ITV4
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #34: Feb 22, 2007 08:22:57 pm
      Can't understand this one  ??? I was aware of him before, he never dazzled by any stretch of the imagination at any stage in his career.
      Watched him again tonight hoping to see a glimmer of what has caught the scouts. He showed some good touches holding the ball up, suppose did nt help playing upfront on his own.
      We'll watch this one with interest  :-\
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #35: Feb 22, 2007 08:49:06 pm
      I watched him with interest tonight, he seems big, strong and intellegent.
      As an out and out striker - were paying the right amount - free,
      but as a link up striker - I think he could do a decent job.   need to see more of him tho'
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #36: Feb 22, 2007 11:06:28 pm
      I Wouldnt worry too much I am sure Rafa has got a few more people he is planning to bring in.  As a free transfer he can put some pressure on crouchy for the big guy position, Someone else mentioned his selling value, not a bad investment...they know what they are doing, he could just be a pawn of some kind.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 23, 2007 01:28:49 am
      I really dont see the point in this, but as a few people have mentioned it is on a free transfer so it cant harm the club financially
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #38: Feb 23, 2007 01:57:33 am
      Well all's I can see him doing is just sitting on the bench earning good money.
      Stupid move in my eyes...
      Cy
      Reply #39: Feb 23, 2007 10:16:09 am
      I watched him with interest tonight, he seems big, strong and intellegent.
      As an out and out striker - were paying the right amount - free,
      but as a link up striker - I think he could do a decent job.   need to see more of him tho'
      I agree i watched the game too and like you said as an out striker maybe. I'm not sure though he is what we need but for free it's a good deal.
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 23, 2007 08:07:35 pm
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there are four strikers in the first team at the moment: Fowler, Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy. Of these four strikers at least one is likely to sit on the bench for most of the time and let's face it: you don't get a world class striker for this job. If Villa (or someone of his ilk) comes, what I hope for, he'll expect to play whenever he's fit. But you need a sort of backup for him and Voronin may just fill this slot, because I'm convinced that Fowler will retire in the summer.

BTW, Villa. Yes, he's a superb striker who scores a lot. But he has never played outside Spain and there's no guarantee that he'll be just as prolific in the Premiership. We just don't know how well he'll cope with the rougher tackling there.
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 25, 2007 02:07:10 pm
      From the Liverpool website.
      Liverpool have today confirmed they have reached an agreement with Andriy Voronin to bring the Ukrainian international to Anfield. 
      The 27 year old, who has been playing his football in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen, will join the Reds in the summer.

He has previously played for Cologne, Mainz and Borussia Moenchengladbach and also represented his country on 40 occasions, scoring five goals in the process. 
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Feb 25, 2007 02:11:50 pm
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there are four strikers in the first team at the moment: Fowler, Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy. Of these four strikers at least one is likely to sit on the bench for most of the time and let's face it: you don't get a world class striker for this job. If Villa (or someone of his ilk) comes, what I hope for, he'll expect to play whenever he's fit. But you need a sort of backup for him and Voronin may just fill this slot, because I'm convinced that Fowler will retire in the summer.

BTW, Villa. Yes, he's a superb striker who scores a lot. But he has never played outside Spain and there's no guarantee that he'll be just as prolific in the Premiership. We just don't know how well he'll cope with the rougher tackling there.

Maybe... only maybe.
      I can't see Fowler retiring in the summer. I can see him somewhere like Tranmere Rovers.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #43: Feb 27, 2007 11:33:15 am
      First of all is free ! He did play alongside with other Striker Ukraine international Shevchenko. He's fast with a good shot. He will not be first choose. Not enough?
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2007 02:13:15 pm by Paolo »
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 27, 2007 01:22:03 pm
      From the Liverpool website.
      Liverpool have today confirmed they have reached an agreement with Andriy Voronin to bring the Ukrainian international to Anfield. 
      The 27 year old, who has been playing his football in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen, will join the Reds in the summer.

He has previously played for Cologne, Mainz and Borussia Moenchengladbach and also represented his country on 40 occasions, scoring five goals in the process. 

Is that right 5 goals in 40 appearances for his country not really great stats,think big Pete C has more if not mistaken ,maybe he will prove me wrong and be a 20 a season scorer :-\
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #45: Feb 27, 2007 02:20:49 pm
      Is that right 5 goals in 40 appearances for his country not really great stats,think big Pete C has more if not mistaken ,maybe he will prove me wrong and be a 20 a season scorer :-\

heres hoping but Ive got a feeling if it is 20 a season most will be for the reserves

Quick Reply