Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Voronin ready for Reds fight

Read 18932 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Voronin ready for Reds fight
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2009 07:59:26 pm
      I don't mind him coming back, just get the hair cut.....oh and a lot more goals.

Well Lucas had a bit of a revelation after his jeering from his own fans and his hair cut why couldnt the same apply with Voronin we should get Agger to set about him with some Hair Sheers and give him some Tribal art maybe that will sort him out
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #24: Jun 26, 2009 08:48:39 pm
      has anyone actually seen a liverpool shirt with VERONIN on it??

No but I saw one with Voronin on it.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 08:52:01 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Same quote was posted twice. »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Jun 26, 2009 08:53:16 pm
      No but I saw one with Voronin on it.

I was thinking that myself but did not want to come across as pedantic ;D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #26: Jun 26, 2009 08:55:29 pm
      Kiss me arse Voronin. I'm struggling putting a capital V on your name. Go and sign for everton and be sh*t for them instead.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #27: Jun 26, 2009 09:21:12 pm
      Dont want to be argumentative mate but i think if you compare stats minutes on pitch = Goals For i think you will find Voronin outscored Keane.

I agree.

Got to be practical now.  Our need, just as it was last summer is for principally a world class winger.  Now I don't for one minute think we are going to get a world class winger and another decent striker signing so I'd much rather have cover for Torres then have no cover.

He didn't do too badly for Hertha and I'm fairly sure he wasn't served with the crosses and opportunities from the Hertha midfield like he would be at Anfield.

Better record with Liverpool than  Keane had. Not that that's saying much obviously.  Some people need to look at the bigger picture here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Jun 26, 2009 09:29:53 pm
      I agree.

Got to be practical now.  Our need, just as it was last summer is for principally a world class winger.  Now I don't for one minute think we are going to get a world class winger and another decent striker signing so I'd much rather have cover for Torres then have no cover.

He didn't do too badly for Hertha and I'm fairly sure he wasn't served with the crosses and opportunities from the Hertha midfield like he would be at Anfield.

Better record with Liverpool than  Keane had. Not that that's saying much obviously.  Some people need to look at the bigger picture here.

I agree with you fully and if Voronin is the difference between 1 point or 3 points  as he does have a goal or two in him i wont be complaining if we win the League
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jun 26, 2009 09:30:02 pm
      But he's sh*te.

I reckon N'Gog would score more if you gave them the same amount of playing time.

Plus, if we buy another winger this summer then we should put Kuyt up top any day over Voronin.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Jun 26, 2009 09:34:21 pm
      But he's sh*te.

I reckon N'Gog would score more if you gave them the same amount of playing time.

Plus, if we buy another winger this summer then we should put Kuyt up top any day over Voronin.

I think Ngog should be sent out on loan to a lesser premier league team not that i think he's a poor player i just think it would do his Development as a player the world of good to be playing week in and week out for a premiership club and would return a better player after 6 months or year maybe even brimming with confidence after getting a bag full of goals
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Jun 26, 2009 09:36:07 pm
      Carragher has a goal or two in him yet, but it doesnt mean hes going to score them. If Torres is out for five games in a row at some stage (hope not!) would anyone trust Voronin to lead the line on his own in that time? No, id rather either stick Kuyt up there or give one of the young blokes a go. I just dont think he has it at all, and he aint going to improve either. Watching him is about as fun as banging my head against a wall full of asbestos  :mad:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #32: Jun 26, 2009 09:43:18 pm
      Carragher has a goal or two in him yet, but it doesnt mean hes going to score them. If Torres is out for five games in a row at some stage (hope not!) would anyone trust Voronin to lead the line on his own in that time? No, id rather either stick Kuyt up there or give one of the young blokes a go. I just dont think he has it at all, and he aint going to improve either. Watching him is about as fun as banging my head against a wall full of asbestos  :mad:

I fully agree. But I also take JD's point. It's tough having to settle not only for second best, but for 500th best.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2009 09:49:53 pm

I would rather take a gamble on experience than Youth at the moment this could really be our year and what you have to remember is from the games I have watched where Voronin was involved I personally wouldnt say he's totally useless a some portray him in here. He may not be a 20 goal a season striker but his link up play in general is good and the goal threat with some one linking up well then comes from all over the field as he brings others into the game. I dont believe some one like Ngog or Babel has that cleverness about them at the moment it comes with game experience and in a season where we can really threaten to topple Manu Utds Monoply would you place your trust in Youth if Torres was out for five games ?

Our arguments are both objective and subjective and this is the beauty of the forum ... My heart says Give the yung un's a go

But my head says what would have happened if Voronin hadnt been on loan last season coming off the Bench in these Draws was he capable of pinching a goal or linking up well with another player to lead to another goal ..

My answer to that has to be yes maybe not in all the games but possibly enough to make sure the title returned to anfield.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #34: Jun 26, 2009 09:55:35 pm
      I'm willing to give him a chance, if he turns out to have grown up from being a crying baby and can help us to get the title then I'll be slightly more approving of him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Jun 26, 2009 09:59:41 pm
      I'm willing to give him a chance, if he turns out to have grown up from being a crying baby and can help us to get the title then I'll be slightly more approving of him.

I agree if he's wearing the Famous Red of Liverpool FC he should be cheered and encouraged the same as every other player lets really get behind our boys this year
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #36: Jun 26, 2009 10:00:36 pm
      I agree if he's wearing the Famous Red of Liverpool FC he should be cheered and encouraged the same as every other player lets really get behind our boys this year

He will be of course. It's just that we want someone better! And that f***in ponytail!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: Jun 26, 2009 10:02:47 pm
      I would rather take a gamble on experience than Youth at the moment this could really be our year and what you have to remember is from the games I have watched where Voronin was involved I personally wouldnt say he's totally useless a some portray him in here. He may not be a 20 goal a season striker but his link up play in general is good and the goal threat with some one linking up well then comes from all over the field as he brings others into the game. I dont believe some one like Ngog or Babel has that cleverness about them at the moment it comes with game experience and in a season where we can really threaten to topple Manu Utds Monoply would you place your trust in Youth if Torres was out for five games ?

Our arguments are both objective and subjective and this is the beauty of the forum ... My heart says Give the yung un's a go

But my head says what would have happened if Voronin hadnt been on loan last season coming off the Bench in these Draws was he capable of pinching a goal or linking up well with another player to lead to another goal ..

My answer to that has to be yes maybe not in all the games but possibly enough to make sure the title returned to anfield.

Very good points, but we had experience in Keane for some of those games that Torres was out. And he is a premier league veteran and he couldnt do it, and i dont see Voronin offering more unfortunately. Id rather throw Pacheco and such on. I mean look at manure, as much as i hate to say it. The twohard fought wins they got over Aston Villa and Sunderland towards the end were due to goals from that Marcheda w**ker. That was an extra 4 points gained, and the difference between us and them winning the title. And he was 17 years old, an unknown quantity. Im not saying thats gonna happen if we try youth but id rather give it a go than try Voronin again. He didnt produce much when he was here, one season in the bundesliga i dont think will change that. Of course anyone in a red shirt i will support regardless, but i know i will be frustrated as hell watching him. I just think this would go against our philosophy of growing our team. Like i said before, would rather Kuyt up front.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jun 26, 2009 10:04:45 pm
      He will be of course. It's just that we want someone better! And that f***in ponytail!

Id like some one better also ala David Villa or Samuaell Etoo or Kun but if it came to a choice between strengthing our first 11 or the squad i'd strengthen the starting 11 with a world class winger wouldnt you ? anything after that for me is a luxury and a bonus
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #39: Jun 26, 2009 10:07:22 pm
      Yes I definitely would. It pains me to say so after getting Babel and Riera, but we are seriously lacking down the left. That would be my priority. Those two should be sold to raise the money, and with Rafa saying we can afford to buy one more player without selling, that money could then go on a striker.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Jun 26, 2009 10:14:00 pm
      Very good points, but we had experience in Keane for some of those games that Torres was out. And he is a premier league veteran and he couldnt do it, and I dont see Voronin offering more unfortunately. Id rather throw Pacheco and such on. I mean look at manure, as much as I hate to say it. The twohard fought wins they got over Aston Villa and Sunderland towards the end were due to goals from that Marcheda w**ker. That was an extra 4 points gained, and the difference between us and them winning the title. And he was 17 years old, an unknown quantity. Im not saying thats gonna happen if we try youth but id rather give it a go than try Voronin again. He didnt produce much when he was here, one season in the bundesliga I dont think will change that. Of course anyone in a red shirt I will support regardless, but I know I will be frustrated as hell watching him. I just think this would go against our philosophy of growing our team. Like I said before, would rather Kuyt up front.

In all honesty with Keane as much as I loved the lad and still think he's a class player knowing he wasnt a Rafa purchase and not being able to adapt to our system affected him in terms of confidence you could see in every game he wasnt fully up to Pace or aware of the roll he was playing within the team as Keane when playing up top as the main striker was not what keane was about. He's allways been the type of player that liked to drop deep and get involved in the attacks from there as much as id have loved Robbie to have been a success here as I have said earlier If you want to compare Keane and Voronin for minutes on the pitch = Goals Scored then Voronin beats Keane hands down.. so in them games Keane Played do I think Voronin could ave got us a goal or two in them my answer has to be Yes
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Jun 26, 2009 10:17:10 pm
      Yes I definitely would. It pains me to say so after getting Babel and Riera, but we are seriously lacking down the left. That would be my priority. Those two should be sold to raise the money, and with Rafa saying we can afford to buy one more player without selling, that money could then go on a striker.

Probablies wouldnt be a bad idea in all fairness alltho Riera started brightly at the beginning of the season he lacked consistency and looked jaded towards the end and Babel has never lived up to his early promise which pains me also as i could see us selling him then him getting a game week in and week out and becoming a world beater leaving us with the feeling of the one that got away
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #42: Jun 26, 2009 10:24:00 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jun 26, 2009 10:29:34 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: Jun 26, 2009 10:34:46 pm

Please tell me that is actually Voronins :D

RedLFCblood, yeah i was a fan of Keane to, was sad he didnt work out but that happens. How many PL goals did Voronin score when he was here? Again, i just dont see him being that reliable cover we need. He doesnt exude that quality and quiet confidence Torres does. He's one of those players that seems to play the play before its actually happened, second guessing and what not. I guess my memory of him is a bit faded after a full season since, but i just remember being frustrated by him most of the time. If we are going to have a second striker, we need someone who can step up and play with confidence whenever needed, and i dont see that from him. He is going to want to be a starter to if hes wanting to prove himself, and he aint going to do that with Torres and Gerrard fit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Reply #45: Jun 26, 2009 10:36:20 pm
      Just going back to Voronin. I remember the boo boys having a crack at him at Anfield for a F***ing friendly at the start of last season before he won us the game.

Yes he's fat. Yes he's got a bad haircut.  But he knows where the net is better than Babel does for a kick off.

Quick Reply