Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Voronin ready for Reds fight

Read 18933 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Jun 26, 2009 03:13:37 pm

Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin has vowed to return to Anfield and fight for his place in the team.

Signed on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen in 2007, the 29-year-old grabbed just five Premier League goals in his sole season in Rafa Benitez's squad.

The Ukrainian then spent last season on loan with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin and was widely expected to seal a permanent return to German football when the deal expired.

However, the success of his spell, in which he scored 11 goals in 20 games, has given Voronin renewed hope of resurrecting his career in England.

"It wasn't a bad season in Germany but now I am coming back to conquer England," he told Liverpool Echo.

"Liverpool is one of the world's strongest clubs. To play for it is a great honour for any footballer.

Benitez is in the market for a striker to challenge first choice Fernando Torres after the sale of Robbie Keane in January, but Voronin believes the Spaniard does not have far to look.

"I know it's not going to be easy but I feel ready for a real fight to get into the first choice team," he added.

"I'm a person who likes to face new challenges. It's time to prove to myself and to those people who think I can score a lot of goals only in Bundesliga, that it's not so."

The striker still has two years remaining on his current deal and is expected to re-join his team-mates for pre-season training on 5th July.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5402078,00.html

No but seriously. No Voronin mate.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2009 05:50:00 pm by JD »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Voronin ready for Red fight
      Reply #1: Jun 26, 2009 03:16:20 pm
      "I am coming back to conquer England," he told Liverpool Echo.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jun 26, 2009 03:17:42 pm
      ^^ That fella looks like Martin O'Neill with a skin head.

I wonder if he's interested in Voronin.  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #3: Jun 26, 2009 03:21:52 pm
      Fair enough, I'm not going to jump the gun and say no way, I'll give him a chance. I'll give him the chance to prove himself, I don't think any player will benefit from negative comments and boo's from fans. Treat him as a Liverpool player and we might see an improvement. I'm not expecting him to emulate Torres but I think he's capable of a few goals and a few assists.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Jun 26, 2009 03:37:11 pm
      Nah it's not fair enough, because he's sh*te. It's shown he isn't good enough for our team. He is certainly in no way better than Keane.

Yes, he may want to prove himself but right now Liverpool has no time for players that need to 'prove themselves' because we are that close to glory, particuarly in the Premier League. We don't have time to wait around for the likes of Voronin to try and work their way into the team. Let's face it, he's 29, he's not going to improve and he's not good enough.

Just transfer list him, someone will snap him up.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2009 04:37:31 pm
      Go away, Voronin!

You slagged off Rafa, you slagged off the city, and we want to sell you for the pittence you are worth.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2009 04:43:52 pm
      I still don't get it how he scored goals two seasons ago, ;D.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2009 05:11:12 pm
      Nah it's not fair enough, because he's sh*te. It's shown he isn't good enough for our team. He is certainly in no way better than Keane.

Yes, he may want to prove himself but right now Liverpool has no time for players that need to 'prove themselves' because we are that close to glory, particuarly in the Premier League. We don't have time to wait around for the likes of Voronin to try and work their way into the team. Let's face it, he's 29, he's not going to improve and he's not good enough.

Mate I do agree with you but as long as he wears a Liverpool jersey I'll give him a certain level of support. Of course I would much rather if he was sold and we got some cash for him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,686 posts | 6981 
      Re: Voronin ready for Reds fight
      Reply #8: Jun 26, 2009 05:51:42 pm

And no worse either.

A lot of people said Keane wasn't given enough time, but he had more time than Voronin who had never played in the Premiership before.

Unless we're going to go out and buy a back up striker then I can't see the harm in having him at Anfield with a point to prove.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #9: Jun 26, 2009 05:58:48 pm
      Go away, Voronin!

You slagged off Rafa, you slagged off the city, and we want to sell you for the pittence you are worth.
      Agree, ill never forget what he said even though im not from Liverpool, that F***ing annoyed me.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Jun 26, 2009 05:59:18 pm
      If he cuts his hair, I'll take him back to sit on the bench.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #11: Jun 26, 2009 07:05:50 pm
      I find it hard to believe that Rafa would go back to Voronin unless we plan to offload a few strikers which isn't going to happen. He had a shot at making the team a couple of years ago, started well but really fell to the waste side by the end of the season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Jun 26, 2009 07:13:02 pm
      Can't beleive people are saying give him a chance. How much more of a chance can he get? He's 29, theres not much improving he can do i wouldnt think.
      And just because he scored 11 goals in the bundesliga, well he was in the bundesliga before us too. It would just be history repeating.
      SELL HIM
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #13: Jun 26, 2009 07:13:56 pm
      Can't beleive people are saying give him a chance. How much more of a chance can he get? He's 29, theres not much improving he can do i wouldnt think.
      And just because he scored 11 goals in the bundesliga, well he was in the bundesliga before us too. It would just be history repeating.
      SELL HIM

Guess your username isn't "big Voronin, you'll never walk alone" then!

:D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Jun 26, 2009 07:15:54 pm
      Guess your username isn't "big Voronin, you'll never walk alone" then!

:D

:lmao:

Noooooooo, My last name is Verner :D If my name had been Voronin, i woulda changed it by now!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Jun 26, 2009 07:17:02 pm
      :lmao:

Noooooooo, My last name is Verner :D If my name had been Voronin, i woulda changed it by now!

That's a relief, was afraid we had his number one fan ready to kick off for a minute! :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Jun 26, 2009 07:21:45 pm

Dont want to be argumentative mate but i think if you compare stats minutes on pitch = Goals For i think you will find Voronin outscored Keane.

I am not saying we should Keep Voronin merely just stating a fact but i am all for players wanting to Fight for their places its shows commitment to the cause and any player coming into a new season with that kind of Attitude regardless of his previous failings should be supported the Moment he pulls on our Famous Shirt as our support may give him confidence to go score 11 goals or so next season one of which could decide the outcome of the title race. I'm willing to give him the chance if Rafa is.
      ste-t-4eva
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 26, 2009 07:25:48 pm
      I hope we get rid of this donkey, give him to marine or somethin hed only probly warm the bench there too
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Jun 26, 2009 07:25:59 pm
      That's a relief, was afraid we had his number one fan ready to kick off for a minute! :D

Far from his number one fan, i was dissapointed we only got rid of him on loan start of last season!

No, my three liverpool kits i have customized have these three names: Carragher, Gerrard & Torres.
      You got nothing to worry about :D
      ste-t-4eva
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 26, 2009 07:29:29 pm
      has anyone actually seen a liverpool shirt with VERONIN on it??
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Jun 26, 2009 07:35:51 pm
      has anyone actually seen a liverpool shirt with VERONIN on it??

I don't think they sell them, they don't want to litter the streets :lmao:
      ste-t-4eva
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 26, 2009 07:37:25 pm
      haha u might get some tit who has drew it on them selfs with a marker,   If i actually seen someone with that on there shirt id be sure to make them feel as uncomfortable as possible
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2009 07:42:21 pm
      I don't mind him coming back, just get the hair cut.....oh and a lot more goals.

Quick Reply