Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ever Banega (Valencia)

Read 30306 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Ever Banega (Valencia)
      Jun 27, 2009 03:55:27 pm
      Liverpool are reportedly eyeing to replace one Argentine with another if Javier Mascherano does move to Spain

Rafa Benitez will raid his old club Valencia for young defensive midfielder Ever Banega. However, Arsene Wenger is also an admirer of the youngster’s talents and sees him as a cheaper alternative to Fiorentina’s Brazilian midfielder Felipe Melo

Liverpool Daily Post

Again its just a rumor and as Rafa has clearly come out and said Mascherano is not for sale I can not see any real Foundation in it.

But whats your take on Banega would you like to see him wearing the red of Liverpool this coming summer ?
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009 04:14:04 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Put in correct format »
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Re: Ever Banega (Valencia)
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2009 06:30:02 pm
      second rate compared to mascherano rather have lucho gonzalez
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2009 06:33:07 pm
      Yeah, he only has a rating of 70 odd on Fifa  :f_tongueincheek:

Don't know too much about Banega, but I don't think he starts that much for Valencia even does he? Isn't it usually Baraja and Manuel Fernandes as the centre mid's?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2009 07:04:49 pm
      Don't know too much about Banega, but I don't think he starts that much for Valencia even does he? Isn't it usually Baraja and Manuel Fernandes as the centre mid's?

He was on loan with Athletico last year. I liked him when he played for Boca Jr when he was a teenager, his style of play is more Alonso than Masch because this guy game is based on passing which is something he is good at. I remember he had crazy pass complement rated when he was at Boca Jr. I would have to think he could be a replacement if indeed the club decides to sell Alonso
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2009 07:47:11 pm
      He was on loan with Athletico last year. I liked him when he played for Boca Jr when he was a teenager, his style of play is more Alonso than Masch because this guy game is based on passing which is something he is good at. I remember he had crazy pass complement rated when he was at Boca Jr. I would have to think he could be a replacement if indeed the club decides to sell Alonso

Oh bloody hell yeah. I remember now because I saw him in FFT magazine 'ones to look out for' when it was talking about products of the Boca Juniors academy. Some real stars have emerged from that place!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2009 07:56:15 pm
      Éver Maximiliano David Banega (born 29 June 1988 in Rosario, Santa Fe) is an Argentine professional footballer currently playing for Valencia CF, mainly as a central midfielder.

Club career

Boca Juniors

Banega came through the youth ranks at Boca Juniors, reaching the first team at 18, and winning immediate recognition thanks to his passing average and his performances in the first division. After teammate midfielder Fernando Gago moved to Real Madrid in January 2007, Banega was named as his successor, despite his young age.

He made his professional debut in the 4-0 victory against Club Atlético Banfield on February 10, 2007. On April 2, just a few matches afterwards, he was given an ovation when he left the field.

Valencia

On January 5, 2008, Banega signed with Spanish side Valencia CF on a five and-a-half year deal, for a fee of around €18 million. ]Unfortunately, this news were marred by revelations that he had appeared on a webcam performing a sexual act. Banega himself would not be drawn on the matter, which dated back to his Boca Juniors days. He had his first training session with the club on the 7th.

On 13 January 2008, Banega made his debut (also his first match with the Che), coming on as a substitute during the break, in a final 0-1 loss at Atlético de Madrid.

Atlético Madrid

Banega was loaned to Atlético for 2008-09.  He made his official debut as a substitute during the Colchoneros's 3-0 win at PSV Eindhoven, in the first group stage match of the UEFA Champions League.

However, Banega failed to settle at Atlético's starting XI, also being sent off twice, in away draws against Villarreal CF and UD Almería.

International career

Banega was selected for the U20 team along with future teammate Sergio Agüero for the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Cananda, which they won.

Soon after joining Valencia in January 2008, Banega made his debut for the Argentina national team, in a 5-0 friendly win over Guatemala, on February 6, 2008, which he started.

Banega was also called up for the Oympic team and helped Argentina to the gold medal.

Titles

Season    Club                                                    Title
      2007    Flag of Argentina Boca Juniors             Libertadores Cup
      2007    Flag of Argentina Argentina Under-20     FIFA U-20 World Cup
      2008    Flag of Spain Valencia                             Spanish Cup
      2008    Flag of Argentina Argentina Under-23     Olympic Football Tournament
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2009 07:57:56 pm
      I had to laugh at the appeared on a Webcam performing a sexual act.

(sounds like a bit of an exhibitionist w**ker to me)

;D
      Thor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 11, 2009 10:44:25 pm
      Banega was Gago's replacement in Boca Juniors and he was sensational there. Most people were totally convinced he had world class potential. However, he could never cope with the chaos in Valencia. They didn't exactly have plenty of patience with him, he needed time to adapt to European football, but they sent him to Atletico Madrid instead and he wasn't bad there, but obviously they weren't enough impressed to use the buy out clause. Should be mentioned that Atletico don't have big money to splash so they are very careful with their spending, and that Banega is still just 21 years old. I think he'd be a bargain buy, but I don't want him as I don't want Mascherano to leave.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 12, 2009 10:21:31 pm
      I'd rather have Lucas as a midfield backup, as he is an unpolished mixture of Masc and Xabi.
      Ever is not a solution for a title winning team.
      ynwa09
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Ever Banega (Valencia)
      Reply #9: May 10, 2010 03:38:40 pm
      Rafa Benitez has set his sights on snaring Valencia's impressive young Argentine midfielder Ever Banega.

The former Boca Juniors man has previously been targeted by fellow Merseysiders Everton but the Liverpool boss believes he can persuade his former club to sell to the Anfield side this summer.Not to sure on how true the story is just we have come back from spain and the papers are linking him with liverpool though.

Ever Banega vs Real Madrid HD
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2010 03:41:08 pm by crouchinho »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #10: May 10, 2010 03:44:10 pm
      I've only seen this lad play a few times in the last two seasons, but he has been impressive when I have watched.  He is a player of obvious quality, and would seem to fit in to our team as a deep lying midfield playmaker.  I would be very pleased to see us snap up such a promising youngster.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: May 10, 2010 03:45:32 pm
      Really good young midfielder. I'd have him here.

He'd definitely shut people up about the whole creative thing too.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: May 10, 2010 07:09:05 pm
      This link excites me, I think he is a top class young player I've seen him a lot this season, would defo sort out the creative problem in the centre of midfield. A better player than Lucas.

I would offer Lucas and cash for this lad. He is a bit light but he is going to get better and better. I remember gerry armstrong raving about him earlier in the season.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #13: May 10, 2010 07:21:43 pm
      He is a very talented player.The problem with this guy is that,apparently,he really likes to party (and consequently has problem with his training),so much that I read that the Club has hired some sort of ¨bodyguard¨ that stays with him 24/7 to keep him out of the night..
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: May 10, 2010 07:24:21 pm
      He is a very talented player.The problem with this guy is that,apparently,he really likes to party (and consequently has problem with his training),so much that I read that the Club has hired some sort of ¨bodyguard¨ that stays with him 24/7 to keep him out of the night..

Hahahaha!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #15: May 10, 2010 07:51:02 pm
      What a legend, haha, still not exactly the kind of behavior you want in a player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: May 10, 2010 08:01:31 pm
      I read somewhere that his problem in training is because at night he becomes a dark knight, a vigilanty fighting the scum of the earth and the playboy lifestyle is just a cover
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #17: May 10, 2010 08:45:22 pm
       :lmao:
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: May 10, 2010 09:19:07 pm
      TOO MANY MIDFIELDERS!
      Need a left back and left winger more importantly, although the guy sounds half decent.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: May 10, 2010 09:50:33 pm
      I'd rather Javi Martinez.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #20: May 11, 2010 12:46:11 am
      he is sh*t hot on football manager
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: May 11, 2010 01:04:49 am
      Seems a good player with a lot of potential but i don't think it is likely to be anything more than just speculation.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: May 11, 2010 08:11:10 am
      Don't see him pouncing for him unless Aquilani/Lucas leave and i don't see either of them going.

For 8m though - bargain. Rather him for that money than VDV only because of the age factor and potential. However give me either one and i'll be cheering.

Quick Reply