Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 716674 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #4807: Feb 27, 2016 05:14:31 pm
      Catch Me If You Can is just superb. You forget how good it is until you watch it again.

Its brilliant mate.

Someone on here really doesn't like it though. Think its FL.

I even love he opening credits.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4808: Feb 27, 2016 05:26:10 pm
      Its brilliant mate.

Someone on here really doesn't like it though. Think its FL.

I even love he opening credits.

Knew i didn't like him for some reason.

;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #4809: Feb 29, 2016 08:08:13 pm
      Spotlight rightly winning best film at the Oscars last night, absolutely brilliant film and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4810: Feb 29, 2016 10:38:01 pm
      Just seen Deadpool.

Brilliant.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #4811: Feb 29, 2016 11:11:17 pm
      Catch Me If You Can is just superb. You forget how good it is until you watch it again.

The whole Frank Abignail story is intriguing, and while not knocking that film ( I enjoyed it! ) It really is hard to screw up his biography.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #4812: Feb 29, 2016 11:12:44 pm

I aim to see that, the minute I saw the trailer I knew it would be good.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #4813: Feb 29, 2016 11:13:45 pm
      The're not Ghostbusters are they ?

Do what I am doing mate, pretend you never saw what I posted and that this film will never exist!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4814: Feb 29, 2016 11:20:08 pm
      I aim to see that, the minute I saw the trailer I knew it would be good.

You'll not be disappointed mate.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #4815: Mar 05, 2016 12:45:58 am
      Just saw the Warriors on Film4 after such a long time, so many memories came flooding back!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #4816: Mar 05, 2016 03:13:24 am
      Spotlight rightly winning best film at the Oscars last night, absolutely brilliant film and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Yep seen it, very good film.

Also seen that Concussion with Will Smith in today, another very good film and really enjoyed Bridge of Spies too.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4817: Mar 05, 2016 08:17:54 am

Also seen that Concussion with Will Smith in today, another very good film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79i9szAR6g
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4818: Mar 12, 2016 02:58:23 pm
      The more I watch Quantum of Solace, the more I like it.

:couch:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4819: Mar 12, 2016 07:18:35 pm
      Just saw the Warriors on Film4 after such a long time, so many memories came flooding back!

I watched that as a kid, really heart wrenching stuff from what I remember.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4820: Mar 12, 2016 09:21:42 pm
      Watched 12 Years A Slave and Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King, will never watch either again, for different reasons. The first becauseof the same reason I won't watch Requiem For A Dream or Schindler's List again, the latter because that's some overly long, dull and,at times, just not entertaining, overindulgent rubbish.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016 10:43:43 pm by Roddenberry »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4821: Mar 12, 2016 10:42:16 pm
      Anyone seen Hail, Caesar yet?

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4822: Mar 12, 2016 11:44:15 pm
      Yep seen it, very good film.

Also seen that Concussion with Will Smith in today, another very good film and really enjoyed Bridge of Spies too.

Wasn't thrilled with Concussion tbh. Thought it was poorly done. Bridge of Spies was great and I really enjoyed it, maybe even more so because it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be the usual catching the spy type thriller. While it was a thriller it was of a completely different type.  Reminded me a little of Spy Story with Robert Redford... another film I really enjoyed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4823: Mar 15, 2016 10:03:51 pm
      Watched a few films over the last week or so, two new ones for me and a couple I've seen before.

The new ones were Robocop and The Wolverine.

Robocop is alright and passes a couple of hours but isn't a patch on the Paul Verhoeven original.

The Wolverine is one I watched this evening and to be honest I struggled to get to the end of it without my mind wandering. Seemed to be just a group of endless scenes of Logan going from one traditional Japanese house to the next trying to save the girl. Bland superhero movie as far as I'm concerned and one I could easily have gone without watching.

The two I have rewatched are films that seem to divide opinion.

American Hustle.

I really like this film and am a big fan of the director and the main cast and for me it was as enjoyable as the first time I seen it. It obviously gives a huge nod to the likes of Goodfellas but I can get by that when the film is as good as this with acting as strong to go along with it. Jeremey Renner, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are very good but for the me the standouts were Amy Adams and Christian Bale.

The Wolf of Wall Street

Not Scorsese's strongest work, and even among his recent films it's far from Shutter Island and The Departed, but again a film I really enjoyed and although the excess nudity and drug taking won't be to everyone's taste it is obviously there to show the excess of the world in which these people exist. Hilarious in parts with some of Marty's trademark flashy direction but for me it's most noticeable for the role Leo Di Caprio should have won his first Oscar for and as good as he was in The Revenant, and he was great, this is the role that should have seen him rewarded.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4824: Mar 15, 2016 11:23:13 pm
      Watched a few films over the last week or so, two new ones for me and a couple I've seen before.

The new ones were Robocop and The Wolverine.

Robocop is alright and passes a couple of hours but isn't a patch on the Paul Verhoeven original.

The Wolverine is one I watched this evening and to be honest I struggled to get to the end of it without my mind wandering. Seemed to be just a group of endless scenes of Logan going from one traditional Japanese house to the next trying to save the girl. Bland superhero movie as far as I'm concerned and one I could easily have gone without watching.

The two I have rewatched are films that seem to divide opinion.

American Hustle.

I really like this film and am a big fan of the director and the main cast and for me it was as enjoyable as the first time I seen it. It obviously gives a huge nod to the likes of Goodfellas but I can get by that when the film is as good as this with acting as strong to go along with it. Jeremey Renner, Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are very good but for the me the standouts were Amy Adams and Christian Bale.

The Wolf of Wall Street

Not Scorsese's strongest work, and even among his recent films it's far from Shutter Island and The Departed, but again a film I really enjoyed and although the excess nudity and drug taking won't be to everyone's taste it is obviously there to show the excess of the world in which these people exist. Hilarious in parts with some of Marty's trademark flashy direction but for me it's most noticeable for the role Leo Di Caprio should have won his first Oscar for and as good as he was in The Revenant, and he was great, this is the role that should have seen him rewarded.

That's a coincidence as I was just about to post about The Wolf of Wall Street. Like you, I enjoyed it and I though that the lead actor was excellent in it. Some of it really made me laugh out loud and the story makes for a good movie.

As for The American Hustle, I should check that out sometime.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4825: Mar 17, 2016 06:45:54 am
      Just watched In the Heart of the Sea, staring Chris Hemsworth. I didn't think this would be my kind of movie but I really enjoyed this true story which went on to inspire Herman Melville's Moby-Dick. Some harrowing events occurred in this movie directed by Ron Howard, that were retold after Owen Chase's publication of the events. 8/10

Watched Regression last night, stars Ethan Hawke. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it mate. Starts off as a simple case of child abuse but quickly develops into something more sinister. Couple of good twists but maybe goes on a bit too long after the final one. 7/10 

Hell and Back. Adult cartoon, bit crappy but a few good laughs. Aimed more at the 16-18 age group who still laugh when someone says vagina 5/10

Our Brand is Crisis, Sandra Bullock as an election manipulator, watchable but not great 5/10

Jane Got A Gun, Stars Dawson's old flame Natalie Portman, cowboy with a girlie twist. Not bad actually, worth a watch 6/10

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4826: Mar 17, 2016 06:55:19 am

Agree with all that mate. I didn't even make it to the end of Wolverine. American Hustle and Wolf of Wall street are two cracking films, in fact I may just watch them again now you have reminded me.

Not seen the new Robocop and probably never will :) 

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #4827: Mar 17, 2016 07:26:38 am
      Agree with all that mate. I didn't even make it to the end of Wolverine. American Hustle and Wolf of Wall street are two cracking films, in fact I may just watch them again now you have reminded me.

Not seen the new Robocop and probably never will :) 

Be careful not to miss the match if you're watching TWoWS now...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4828: Mar 17, 2016 07:40:18 am
      Be careful not to miss the match if you're watching TWoWS now...

I may have missed a comma out :)

Should have read ... in fact I may just watch them again, now you have reminded me.

It will get to the weekend before I watch them.

Not sure if I will watch the match, I may just hide for a couple of hours ...just in case things don't go according to plan!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4829: Mar 23, 2016 11:15:37 am
      Need a little help here?

Batman vs Superman.

WTF is this all about? Both fighting crime, both on the same side, never met before, all of a sudden they are fighting each other, (this is a guess as I have not seen the film), why?

Anyone help me on this?
      Why have they met?
      What has them fighting?
      Is one a Klopp fan, and the other a Rodgers supporter?

I just don't get it, is it just about make money?

Quick Reply