Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

The Film Discussion Thread.

Read 715794 times
      chats and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: The Film Discussion Thread.
      Reply #4830: Mar 23, 2016 11:24:12 am
      Watched Regression last night, stars Ethan Hawke. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it mate. Starts off as a simple case of child abuse but quickly develops into something more sinister. Couple of good twists but maybe goes on a bit too long after the final one. 7/10

I saw this the other night. I liked it until the end which for me made it a non-event.

Saw London Has Fallen yesterday at the cinema, I was out waiting for the motor to be fixed so I popped in to watch it.

Pretty much the same as Olympus Has Fallen, just a different backdrop, it's okay for a 'shoot 'em up, action packed event'. 6/10
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4831: Mar 24, 2016 12:55:05 am
      Need a little help here?

Batman vs Superman.

WTF is this all about? Both fighting crime, both on the same side, never met before, all of a sudden they are fighting each other, (this is a guess as I have not seen the film), why?

Anyone help me on this?
      Why have they met?
      What has them fighting?
      Is one a Klopp fan, and the other a Rodgers supporter?

I just don't get it, is it just about make money?

As far as I know, it takes place after man of steel (at least i think it does), and I suspect Batman is pretty pissed at the invasion and destruction of the world, and Superman still being an unknown entity, Batman, unsure whether he is good or bad decides to confront him.

Really disliked Man Of Steel, so going into this film with low expectations tomorrow.

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #4832: Mar 24, 2016 01:51:03 am
      Need a little help here?

Batman vs Superman.

WTF is this all about? Both fighting crime, both on the same side, never met before, all of a sudden they are fighting each other, (this is a guess as I have not seen the film), why?

Anyone help me on this?
      Why have they met?
      What has them fighting?
      Is one a Klopp fan, and the other a Rodgers supporter?

I just don't get it, is it just about make money?

Well, Ben Affleck is Batman.

There you go, call it quits now!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4833: Mar 24, 2016 11:06:27 am
      I saw this the other night. I liked it until the end which for me made it a non-event.

Saw London Has Fallen yesterday at the cinema, I was out waiting for the motor to be fixed so I popped in to watch it.

Pretty much the same as Olympus Has Fallen, just a different backdrop, it's okay for a 'shoot 'em up, action packed event'. 6/10

Not seen London has Fallen yet maybe give it a go tonight. Finally got to watch Star Wars last night. Pretty good overall, although I nearly switched it off after about half an hour as some of the overacting was really terrible between the black guy and the best pilot in the rebellion. Obviously films aren't shot in sequence so I have no idea when those scenes were shot but they were really terrible so presumably very early in the production as their acting became better as time went on.

However you don't watch Star Wars for the great acting so I persevered and I am glad that I did as it was well worth watching even though they played it safe by basically copying all the main elements of the original Star Wars film. 

I was totally underwhelmed by the "new" Darth Vader character and thought that Harrison Ford like Liam Neeson before him stole the picture. I thought the special effects were excellent too.

Out now mate and well worth watching 8/10
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4834: Mar 24, 2016 04:39:19 pm
      As far as I know, it takes place after man of steel (at least i think it does), and I suspect Batman is pretty pissed at the invasion and destruction of the world, and Superman still being an unknown entity, Batman, unsure whether he is good or bad decides to confront him.

Really disliked Man Of Steel, so going into this film with low expectations tomorrow.

Thanks guys, think I'll keep my money and wait 'til it's on ITV2
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4835: Mar 25, 2016 03:50:26 pm
      I really loved Batman v Superman, it's more destined to the comic-books fans ... i don't know what the critics are smoking, but the film was good.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4836: Mar 25, 2016 06:05:27 pm
      I really loved Batman v Superman, it's more destined to the comic-books fans ... i don't know what the critics are smoking, but the film was good.

Even though I didn't like MOS, I actually liked it too. Only irk I have are with Luthor and Doomsday, but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4837: Mar 25, 2016 08:12:24 pm
      Just about to go in & watch Batman v Superman...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4838: Mar 26, 2016 11:35:44 am
      Just about to go in & watch Batman v Superman...

What did you think mate?

Personally I thought it was great. A comic book movie for comic book fans.

The negative critical responses are completely unjustified slamming the movie for not being like those "fun jokey Marvel movies".

I'm personally not a big fan of the MCU movies but I do appreciate them for what they are even if they all follow the same formula they are kid friendly and fun, if forgettable movies.

I was always a bigger fan of DC characters as they are more complex and gritty, and the lore is meshed with real world political and religious beliefs.

I really hope all the negative reviews don't turn the general movie going audience off as this movie deserves to be seen on the big screen so the audience can cast their own opinions which I believe will be far more positive.

I really hope BvS is successful and is a catalyst for the DCU as it is far more intriguing for me than the MCU.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4839: Mar 26, 2016 12:22:12 pm
      What did you think mate?

Personally I thought it was great. A comic book movie for comic book fans.

The negative critical responses are completely unjustified slamming the movie for not being like those "fun jokey Marvel movies".

I'm personally not a big fan of the MCU movies but I do appreciate them for what they are even if they all follow the same formula they are kid friendly and fun, if forgettable movies.

I was always a bigger fan of DC characters as they are more complex and gritty, and the lore is meshed with real world political and religious beliefs.

I really hope all the negative reviews don't turn the general movie going audience off as this movie deserves to be seen on the big screen so the audience can cast their own opinions which I believe will be far more positive.

I really hope BvS is successful and is a catalyst for the DCU as it is far more intriguing for me than the MCU.

Loved it mate, I think the critics are talking rubbish to be honest, going again Sunday morning with my boys :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4840: Mar 26, 2016 12:54:35 pm
      I watched deadpool last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, probably my best marvel film.

Yea it's really good, so funny! I much prefer the adult orientated Marvel movies like Blade and Deadpool, I like the Daredevil show as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4841: Mar 26, 2016 12:55:14 pm
      Loved it mate, I think the critics are talking rubbish to be honest, going again Sunday morning with my boys :)

Nice one mate hope the young lads enjoy it as much as we did  :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4842: Mar 26, 2016 08:36:34 pm
      I'm back at the cinema to watch Batman v Superman again!!!

;D ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4843: Mar 26, 2016 08:42:18 pm
      I'm back at the cinema to watch Batman v Superman again!!!

;D ;D

Tempted to go back and watch it again with a couple of friends. Also can't wait for the 3hr uncut R rated version too!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4844: Mar 26, 2016 11:44:48 pm
      Tempted to go back and watch it again with a couple of friends. Also can't wait for the 3hr uncut R rated version too!

Loved it more than the first time around!

Gal Gadot.... F**k me ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4845: Mar 27, 2016 12:28:55 am

Gal Gadot.... F**k me ;D

Alexandra Daddario would have been better, but I guess Gal Gadot is alright ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4846: Mar 27, 2016 12:51:06 am

Gal Gadot.... F**k me ;D

Is that the beauty from the Fast and Furious films?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4847: Mar 27, 2016 09:06:39 am
      Is that the beauty from the Fast and Furious films?

Yes mate...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4848: Mar 27, 2016 05:59:36 pm
      Gonna watch a few tonight.

I've Black Mass with Johnny Depp, The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch and Sicario with Emily Blunt. Will probably watch in that order too. Imitation game has me interested though, really like anything about the world wars.
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Reply #4849: Mar 27, 2016 06:25:15 pm

he is actually quite good as the bat IMO. movie is good too.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4850: Mar 27, 2016 11:07:15 pm
      The Imitation Game was fantastic. What a brilliant film.

Black Mass, I enjoyed. Johnny Depp played the role very well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4851: Mar 28, 2016 12:08:49 am
      he is actually quite good as the bat IMO. movie is good too.

Best portrayal of the character yet for me even tops Bale's.       

I loved every scene he was in, he completely nailed the performance and that warehouse fight scene was a thing of brutal beauty!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4852: Mar 28, 2016 06:06:45 am
      Watched Deadpool last night. Not as good as I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. Expected 9/10 film after reading what people thought, but for me only a 8/10 just for the lack of content. Individual choice I know, but I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was better.

Definitely worth watching but not sure I will watch it again. 

Quick Reply