Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Formula 1

Read 589443 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Re: Formula 1
      Reply #5520: Aug 29, 2021 09:01:17 pm

:D

Yellow card me Keith!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5521: Aug 29, 2021 09:09:36 pm

I actually agree as I did give you warning first.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5522: Aug 29, 2021 10:13:57 pm
      I actually agree as I did give you warning first.  :lmao:

Indeed, you're quite right Keith (again!) Comment removed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5523: Aug 29, 2021 10:17:13 pm
      Indeed, you're quite right Keith (again!) Comment removed

Well from the above comments  :roll:   the yellow card is rescinded  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,887 posts | 704 
      Reply #5524: Aug 29, 2021 10:40:25 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      You're not one of them either. But I know enough to know enough to call out you...

Comment edited.

It's not provocative at all, we all saw Verstappen fans celebrating at the circuit when the race was stopped when it was. So they won't be demanding refunds, nor do I think they would be given anyway. Everyone knows why Hamilton fans are the main ones complaining about the result, and we know you wouldn't be complaining if he won it instead. There's no harm in admitting it.

Like it or not, safety car laps count as racing laps under the rules. As the race can't be postponed nor cancelled, the only way for a result was to do the minimum laps necessary. Nobody wants to win like that but the only thing different they could have done is run off 2 laps at the start of the afternoon, throw the chequered flag, and save everyone the bother of waiting 3 hours to get soaked. It was clear the rain was never going to stop and it didn't.

Try telling Russell and Williams that it's a hollow result and see the response you get. As well as getting their first trophy in years, it means a bigger budget for them next year to build a more competitive car in the midfield.

The only real action of the afternoon was repairing Perez car, as he didn't even make it to the grid. 3 straight races with 0 points shouldn't mean a new contract. Apart from Baku, he's done nothing to justify it, he's not helping Verstappen at races, and he's not really helping them win the constructors title either. Albon was a far better driver and should still be their No. 2 imo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #5525: Aug 29, 2021 10:41:19 pm
      Well that was a bit a a mess wasn't it.

I'd be embarrassed to count that 'win' if I were Max.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5526: Aug 29, 2021 11:31:41 pm
      Well that was a bit a a mess wasn't it.

I'd be embarrassed to count that 'win' if I were Max.

I never even watched the podium Si as it meant nothing to anyone...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #5527: Aug 29, 2021 11:41:34 pm
      I never even watched the podium Si as it meant nothing to anyone...

Poor day for the sport mate. All those fans waiting in the rain to watch a procession that means nothing to anyone on reality.
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2021 11:49:30 pm by srslfc »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5528: Aug 29, 2021 11:45:59 pm
      Port day for the sport mate. All those fans waiting in the rain to watch a procession that means nothing to anyone on reality.

Agreed. If I was a fan and there I'd be demanding my money bag, even if Hammy got awarded the win on a technicality. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5529: Aug 29, 2021 11:55:39 pm
      Poor day for the sport mate. All those fans waiting in the rain to watch a procession that means nothing to anyone on reality.

I know he's got a tough job to do but I thought Michael Masi was totally clueless today. Not buying the whole 'we were testing the conditions' line in that pointless and pathetic tour of two laps later on in the afternoon. That just opens himself up to more ridicule. The FIA radio and his discussions with team leads kind of exposed him even more. Basically Red Bull ran rings around him over the Perez can he/can't he take the start. He won't inspire much confidence going ahead.

Christ, F1. This two/three hour time limit on the race just boxes everyone in. Use natural daylight as your time limit!

Can't see this getting underway. If they did a couple of tours behind the safety car to ensure a classification then that'd be a piss take for everyone there.

And it's exactly what they did.

edit: So basically, F**k Michael Masi. Incompetent clown.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2021 12:10:30 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5530: Aug 30, 2021 03:27:32 pm
      Looking like a rule change after the fiasco of this weekends GP. Apparantly the only person happy with it is the sh!t stirrer who throws groundbait which regulars on this thread have now cottened onto and choose to ignore the worms thrown in.  :lmao:

Never mind, im sure he will continue annoying everyone on the VAR thread.  ;D

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12526/12395238/belgian-gp-f1-fia-and-teams-to-discuss-rule-changes-after-race-without-racing-at-rain-drenched-spa
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #5531: Aug 30, 2021 03:55:05 pm
      Well
      Pissed off like everyone else with the handling of the race day…

They should have null & voided it & not give out any points…

Refund the fans too who sat their throughout the day is sh*t conditions..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5532: Aug 30, 2021 04:08:21 pm
      Looking like a rule change after the fiasco of this weekends GP. Apparantly the only person happy with it is the sh!t stirrer who throws groundbait which regulars on this thread have now cottened onto and choose to ignore the worms thrown in.  :lmao:

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12526/12395238/belgian-gp-f1-fia-and-teams-to-discuss-rule-changes-after-race-without-racing-at-rain-drenched-spa

So basically the whole f1 community has come out and called it a farce that it was ever classified. So a little but more than just Hamilton fans who are pissed.

Apart from the Spa crowd though!! Did you know Keith that the crowd at Spa were happy with it? I don't know if you heard it but they cheered and everything when the race was finally called off!  It's well known that the Belgian crowd love their two lap processions behind the safety car and no more. Strictly no more though!

:f_tongueincheek:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #5533: Aug 30, 2021 04:25:27 pm

I actually don't understand how they didn't already have something in place for such scenario. This seems to be a massive oversight.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5534: Aug 30, 2021 04:36:20 pm

So basically the whole f1 community has come out and called it a farce that it was ever classified. So a little but more than just Hamilton fans who are pissed.

Apart from the Spa crowd though!! Did you know Keith that the crowd at Spa were happy with it? I don't know if you heard it but they cheered and everything when the race was finally called off!  It's well known that the Belgian crowd love their two lap processions behind the safety car and no more. Strictly no more though!

:f_tongueincheek:

The ones that cheered were related to LFCATW  :f_whistle:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,887 posts | 704 
      Reply #5535: Aug 31, 2021 10:42:10 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

What Belgian crowd? There's multiple nationalities there, the Dutch and Germans especially, show up in very large numbers. Then there's the Brits, the French, the Ferrari crowd etc etc. They come from all over the place. The Dutch seemed quite happy enough with who won.

Farcical or not, the rules as they stand were applied. (Even with the sc) 2 racing laps = race = half points awarded. Those rules have been in the book for years. There's been plenty of time to change them if people didn't want them.

The circuit made no ticket revenue from the race last year, so they can't afford to be dishing out refunds because it was a safety car race. If they want to compensate fans who attended, they could offer them free tickets or some kind of discount for next year's event. But rain is a regular occurrence at Spa, and everyone buys tickets for it, fully aware that the race may be delayed/disrupted for weather or other reasons.

As for the drivers, I have no sympathy tbh. I wouldn't be throwing safety cars out for them, they're all grown adults, well aware of the risks and benefits that wet weather racing involves. I would have told them to show up for the scheduled start time as normal to see the lights go out, then let them at it to either make the most of the conditions or pack up and go home.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5536: Sep 05, 2021 03:39:49 pm
      Well deserved win for Max there. Terrific strategic battle between them and Mercedes. Love the roar of the crowds, means a lot in this sport.

These races are getting bigger by the week. Monza next week!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #5537: Sep 05, 2021 03:41:05 pm
      For all the excitement around the track, the race was... a bit boring. I really expected at least one safety car to spice things up.
      Mercedes strategy let them down again.
      Bottas going for the fastest lap after specifically being told not to is probably the clearest indication he's off at the end of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,123 posts | 2134 
      Reply #5538: Sep 05, 2021 03:46:57 pm
      For all the excitement around the track, the race was... a bit boring. I really expected at least one safety car to spice things up.
      Mercedes strategy let them down again.
      Bottas going for fastest lap after specifically being told not to is probably the clearest indication he's off at the end of the season.

I quite enjoyed it. I do love that one of Merc or RB will throw the dice. Unlike Spain, Red Bull didn't have their trousers pulled down by Mercedes.

And yeah, very awkward that for Bottas and Mercedes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,292 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5539: Sep 05, 2021 04:03:14 pm
      Was a ok race and Max very much deserved the race. The fans a bit special round here and thought Hammy might of got a bit of stick but never really materialised.

Wasn't happy with Bottas forcing Hammy to come in for a new set of tyres to get the extra point. Might as well F**k him off now and let Russell get some experience in his new Merc next year. May even benefit us strategy wise to keep Max on his toes.

If Russell produces anything like what us F1 think ( apart from LFCATW ) he could put cat amongst the pigeons. Even if he was faster the Lewis he could slow Max down.  ;)

Well deserved win though.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #5540: Sep 05, 2021 04:40:16 pm
      Was a ok race and Max very much deserved the race. The fans a bit special round here and thought Hammy might of got a bit of stick but never really materialised.

Wasn't happy with Bottas forcing Hammy to come in for a new set of tyres to get the extra point. Might as well f**k him off now and let Russell get some experience in his new Merc next year. May even benefit us strategy wise to keep Max on his toes.

If Russell produces anything like what us F1 think ( apart from LFCATW ) he could put cat amongst the pigeons. Even if he was faster the Lewis he could slow Max down.  ;)

They were always going to pit Lewis for softs anyway. But Bottas taking the fastest lap meant Lewis had to push much harder to get it back, meaning taking more risks.

I'll gladly admit they know a lot more than I do, but I expected Mercedes to pit Lewis for softs with 10-12 laps to go. They were never going to catch Max anyway, so strategically it seemed to make sense to try and do something different.
      Worst case scenario, Red Bull bring Max in straight away, but Lewis still has an additional lap on softs to close the gap.
      If Max doesn't come in, Hamilton can push hard, and is also in a perfect position should a safety car come out.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #5541: Sep 05, 2021 08:17:03 pm

Wasn't happy with Bottas forcing Hammy to come in for a new set of tyres to get the extra point. Might as well F**k him off now and let Russell get some experience in his new Merc next year. May even benefit us strategy wise to keep Max on his toes.

To be honest I'm a big fan of the snide from Valtteri there.

Probably should show a lot more of that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #5542: Sep 06, 2021 01:03:00 pm
      https://twitter.com/F1/status/1434841673897553923?s=19

To be honest Valtteri should have maybe left Merc sooner as I'm not sure it's been good for him.

Decent move and lead driver in that team might reignite him.

Quick Reply