Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Niko Kranjcar (Portsmouth)

Read 9972 times
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Niko Kranjcar (Portsmouth)
      Aug 11, 2009 12:38:27 pm
      Rafa in for Kranjcar?
      Things move much faster up at Liverpool, where, following squints at Michael Turner and Ryan Shawcross, Rafa Benítez continues to trawl through the depths of the Premier League in search of little-heralded gems. The latest to take his fancy is Portsmouth's Niko Kranjcar, whom he's confident of landing for £7m.

Link

Just noticed this on The Guardian website, not sure how much truth there is in it, but I think it would be a good signing for the right price.

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2009 12:42:58 pm by Reslivo »
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Re: Niko Kranjcar (Portsmouth)
      Reply #1: Aug 11, 2009 12:52:35 pm
      decent player in my book
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Aug 11, 2009 12:55:38 pm
      Doesn't he like to play off the forwards? Been impressed with his play for Croatia...been at Portsmouth since Aug 2006. Is he coming to the end of his initial deal?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #3: Aug 11, 2009 01:11:00 pm
      Don't know what to make out of this, its pretty shocking actually, out of the blue kind of stuff. However, we've just bought Johnson from Portsmouth so I don't think that they are going to let Kranjcar go on a cheap, considering he's one of the gems left in the Portsmouth team.

Rated him very highly and if this transfer materialises that I'll be happy. The price to me looks decent as well and he has EPL experience as well, which is an added bonus.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Aug 11, 2009 01:13:01 pm
      I rate Niko. Good player with scoring abilities. Didn't he smash on of them free kicks in?

I wouldn't mind him coming over to Anfield for the right price.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #5: Aug 11, 2009 01:16:21 pm
      apparently has one year left on his contract and wont be signing a new one.. i will check that now though.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2009 01:18:25 pm
      Would'nt be a bad signing he can play on the flanks and can also partner Torres upfront...

Depends how much Rafa is gonna spend on him
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2009 01:19:48 pm
      He expressed his desire to leave yesterday. This is the last year of his contract so we shouldn't be offering over £6million IMO. He is a good player and still fairly young.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2009 01:23:21 pm
      Niko Kranjcar - Best of

Senior career1
      Years Club App (Gls)*
      2001–2004
      2004–2006
      2006– Dinamo Zagreb
      Hajduk Split
      Portsmouth 085 0(19)
      045 0(12)
      079 00(9)   
      National team2

2004– Croatia U21
      Croatia 003 00(0)
      047 00(7)
      1 Senior club appearances and goals

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2009 01:25:48 pm
      He plays in the Gerrard role doesn't he? I think this might well just be lazy journalism.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11: Aug 11, 2009 01:45:29 pm
      Yes God Please!!

He is an excellent player proved it in the Premiership allready, he is very Silva like not as quick though. He has immense technical abillity like Silva can be used on the wide left and behind the striker in that Gerrard role. IMO 7 million would be an absolute steal and yes I did read in the Croatian press he refused to sign a new contract and his current one expires next summer.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2009 01:50:38 pm
      Yes God Please!!

He is an excellent player proved it in the Premiership allready, he is very Silva like not as quick though. He has immense technical abillity like Silva can be used on the wide left and behind the striker in that Gerrard role. IMO 7 million would be an absolute steal and yes I did read in the Croatian press he refused to sign a new contract and his current one expires next summer.

Nothing to do with him being a Croatian Dado? ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2009 01:52:00 pm
      Yes i have always admired him before we were linked to him as he has skill pace and a shot on him he could be our savior for the left hand side he could be a real gem and would love to see him at the club he is that explosive type of player take on one then he shoots and he scores. He would be a great buy for 7m as well.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2009 02:00:00 pm
      Nothing to do with him being a Croatian Dado? ;)

Not one bit. :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Aug 11, 2009 02:02:57 pm
      Plays on the left, too, as has been stated. Dont see it happening then. Unless he likes to be an impact player but what are the chances?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #16: Aug 11, 2009 02:04:00 pm

Just kiddin' ;).

I don't think we've even got the £7million have we? Rafa is looking to secure money from the owners for a CB. I think we'll be struggling to bring in another player after that.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Aug 11, 2009 02:24:47 pm
      I know Paul  ;D.

More than willing to throw all my savings in ($700) to assist Rafa  8).

Croucinho everyone salivates at the though of Silva he would also be used on the left or behind the striker ( yes I am aware he can play on the right) but this boy is just as good minus the inflated price tag.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Aug 11, 2009 02:45:04 pm
      I rate him and for 7 it would be a steal if you ask me.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #19: Aug 11, 2009 02:59:14 pm
      I'd welcome this signing with open arms, think he's a class player and for that price tag would be well worth it.  Somehow don't see this happening though, but if it were true then for £7m, would be a pretty darn good piece of business.

Have my doubts though about the reliability of this considering its a centre back that Rafa is after.  :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Aug 11, 2009 03:06:24 pm
      I know Paul  ;D.

More than willing to throw all my savings in ($700) to assist Rafa  8).

Croucinho everyone salivates at the though of Silva he would also be used on the left or behind the striker ( yes I am aware he can play on the right) but this boy is just as good minus the inflated price tag.

Its either Silva/Mata or just stick to Riera for me.

He showed signs of improvement during his Confed Cup time with Spain - could kick on this season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Aug 11, 2009 03:18:59 pm
      If he is available for £7 million definitely worth a gamble, hasn't Wenger being monitoring him for the last couple of seasons. He would add strength in depth to the squad and he can play in a number of different positions.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #22: Aug 11, 2009 03:22:18 pm
      Its either Silva/Mata or just stick to Riera for me.

He showed signs of improvement during his Confed Cup time with Spain - could kick on this season.

Think that Silva/Mata would be out of our reach at the moment - we don't have the money for them.

Instead for this lad, 7 million is a good price and I'll have a go. Adds more competition to our already talented 3, it would only just enhance Rafa's options, and also Gerrard's absence would be lessened because we have more possibilities as compared to before.

Well he is not going to get any games, but Silva for 30 million, and Kranjcar for 7, I'll get Kranjcar. Less than 30% the price of Silva and you never know his impact might be huge.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #23: Aug 11, 2009 03:58:27 pm
      Kranjcar shone for Pompey a few years back but last year was very quiet. Might have had injuries, can't remember.

While 7 million isn't a huge price, it's still a bit steep when we haven't got the centre half we're clearly looking for. If it happens I wouldn't be broken hearted but I wouldn't be crying meself to kip if it doesn't happen either.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Aug 11, 2009 04:09:38 pm
      Peter Storie Portsmouth chief executive has said today that he is going to see out the final year of his contract. He is only 24 thought he was about 26.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #25: Aug 11, 2009 04:11:03 pm
      7 Million for him would be a steal and less of a risk than Aqualani in my opion. I would even go as far a 10 million for Niko as he has a great deal of technical talent if he can stay fit.
      beardofzeus
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 11, 2009 04:29:37 pm
      I've always thought Kranjcar was too good for Pompey and, given the current coastal exodus, I think I'm right. As for him coming here...suppose it's proven Prem quality with a touch of class when needed. Might be a good addition...great age too. I thought he was older than 24
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #27: Aug 11, 2009 05:31:55 pm
      Wouldn't be a bad signing , a bit in  the Paddy Berger mould we could do with this type of player that can be a goal threat as it's what we have lacked in recent times
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #28: Aug 11, 2009 05:37:35 pm
      I do not know, he had a great first season at Pompey but after that he has had injury problems and also loss of form.

Age is on his side and if he could recapture that form then maybe but i would have to wait to see if he can get some games under his belt first
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #29: Aug 11, 2009 06:40:10 pm
      i would be happy, is there any new links to this feller
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #30: Aug 11, 2009 07:23:18 pm
      He was one of my favourite players of the season 07-08, I remember I really wanted us to sign him instead of Riera who I didn't know very well. I would still be happy if we got him but maybe not so sure if he will provide us the quality we were expecting with the likes of David Silva or Sneijder, since he was very quiet last season. Anyway, I think for the price quoted I wouldn't mind him, he has the potential to be a great player to the squad.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #31: Aug 11, 2009 10:22:16 pm
      Kranjcar off next summer
      Pompey playmaker announces decision to leave Fratton Park
      Niko Kranjcar has no intention of signing a new contract at Portsmouth and will leave the club next summer.

The Croatia international joined Pompey from Hajduk Split in 2006 and has become a firm fans' favourite at Fratton Park.

Blessed with outstanding natural ability, the 24-year-old has quickly become one of the Premier League's top talents.

The speed in which has was initially able to adapt to the English game has made him a target for some of Europe's top clubs in the past, with a big-money move often touted.

He has remained loyal to Portsmouth throughout the speculation, but has now made it clear that his time on the South Coast is coming to a close.

With financial troubles currently hindering Pompey's plans for the future, Kranjcar feels he needs to move on in order to fulfil his own lofty ambitions.

"For now I am staying, but we have not strengthened like I would have liked us to," he said.

"That's why I will not sign a new contract. It's one more season for me and then I'm off."

Revelation

The news will come as a major blow to Portsmouth boss Paul Hart, as he has already been forced to part with a number of his top stars.

The Fratton Park chief is, however, tipping summer signing Frederic Piquionne for big things, and the Frenchman could yet help to soften the blow of Kranjcar's inevitable departure.

"He's a good, honest lad who runs hard and heads it well," said Hart.

"He is going to be a problem for Premier League defenders. He's played up front on his own before so he's aware of what's needed and he caused Rangers problems (in a recent friendly).

"The lad puts defenders under pressure, he has that movement down the channels and as a manager you want the ability to run in behind.

"His enthusiasm and willingness to run behind the defence has been a revelation for us.

"I'm sure he can adapt but you have got to be prepared and let him settle in and find his feet. I hope he will have an impact on the Premier League.

"That's what he wants and he's had a couple of quiet seasons, now he's trying to prove people wrong."

Looks like a we could get him free next season.
      If we win the league, we'd be his preferred destination.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2009 04:19:08 am
      Why wouldnt they sell now and get some cash for him? They have debt, which is why they've let go of Glen and Crouchy, so why let him go on a free for only one more season when they could get upwards of 10m for him?

Odd.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2009 06:11:17 am
      They will sell if we come  up with the right offer.

He was only giving his reasoning for refusing to sign a new contract.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2009 11:09:19 am
      But Hart said he wants to keep the rest of his stars?
      RedWilly

• 9,203 posts | 1645 
      Reply #35: Aug 12, 2009 11:33:10 am
      Cracking player, would think he would be a brilliant player, especially for only 7mill. But, I don't think we would then be able to sign the defender that we need. But Kranjkar can play all across midfield and behind the strikers, offers us a lot of options as Rafa would say ;)

Would welcome him happily here.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Aug 12, 2009 02:20:40 pm
      Good addition for £7m, adds depth to the sqaud, he is veratile, experienced premiership player, scores goals, decent fotballing brain, and would make a good creator, sound good value for money to me.... Go get him Rafa!
      beardofzeus
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2009 04:07:41 pm
      Bold move to come out and say I'm off...can't imagine the Pompey faithful will be too nice to him...if I were Pompey, I'd sell not...to us!

Then again, at this rate Pompey won't have a team left
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2009 08:14:32 pm
      I think for him to say he wont sign a new contract is like sending a message to Pompey "sell me to not lose me for nothing next season" and warning possible interested clubs that it wont be difficult to take him away from the Fratton Park.

Unless we are still serious about signing David Silva or anyone better, I would certainly go for Kranjcar.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2009 09:52:38 pm
      I like this guy Kranjcar, what you get out of him ia a good all round squad player, someone like him would fit in. He says he is running out his contract by saying one more year, so would portsmouth sell if offered a few mill, or would they rather keep him so he can help them stay up and then see him go for nought....
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Aug 12, 2009 10:09:54 pm
      I'd say if he is not capable of walking into our Starting XI do not buy him and that goes for any player as it serves no purpose to be signing squad players (exceptions for CB and RB, where we are looking short in depth), If were looking to Strengthen the squad the signing(s) should be able to dislodge an established first team member and that player becomes a squad player IMO.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41: Aug 13, 2009 04:45:34 am
      I'd say if he is not capable of walking into our Starting XI do not buy him and that goes for any player as it serves no purpose to be signing squad players (exceptions for CB and RB, where we are looking short in depth), If were looking to Strengthen the squad the signing(s) should be able to dislodge an established first team member and that player becomes a squad player IMO.

Niko could very well be a starting XI player if he can play up to his ability, left side really is up for grabs with Yossi, Babel and Riera.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #42: Aug 13, 2009 01:53:50 pm
      I am not sure i have a feeling Riera will make the left side his own this season.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #43: Aug 13, 2009 03:45:16 pm
      I agree he has good technical ability but seems to be a bit of a sulk when things don't go his way. However, the more creative options we have in the team, the better.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #44: Aug 15, 2009 12:08:15 pm
      One of those players I've always liked tbh. Love to see him here
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #45: Aug 15, 2009 12:24:47 pm
      Well Silva looks like a bit of a pipe dream at the moment so I don't think Kranjcar would be a bad signing. He showed what he could do when he first went to Pompey and although he's gone a bit cold since then I think a coach like Rafa could get him back to his best. And with the prices that some players are moving for nowadays, £6 million certainly wouldn't be a bad price.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #46: Aug 15, 2009 12:42:05 pm
      We definitely need another "classy" forward as for me Ngog and Voronin are non starters. I think Dirk scored 14 from the right (left middle and centre)And Xabi and Masch only scored 3 from midfield so if Riera doesn't start to chip in from the left we definitely need another goal scorer. Having said that despite not having our best two players for quite a bit of the season we did score 77 in the league had the best Goal Diff and lost only 2 so how the F**k did we not win the league. I digress we need cover and something different for the lesser teams that come to Anfield sort that out and the title is as good as ours.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 15, 2009 11:12:30 pm
      Why wouldnt they sell now and get some cash for him? They have debt, which is why they've let go of Glen and Crouchy, so why let him go on a free for only one more season when they could get upwards of 10m for him?

Odd.
      He's their last hope at staying up...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #48: Aug 16, 2009 06:31:30 am
      Talk of Guttierez going to Pompey, maybe because someone is leaving...
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 16, 2009 10:50:35 am
      Talk of Guttierez going to Pompey, maybe because someone is leaving...

interesting
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #50: Aug 16, 2009 08:08:36 pm
      Would be a great signing and in my eyes is one that could be needed if we don't fix up look sharp ;)
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #51: Aug 18, 2009 09:40:21 am
      Would be a great signing and in my eyes is one that could be needed if we don't fix up look sharp ;)

I agree with you there, Niko would be a steal a real bargain
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Aug 23, 2009 12:04:25 pm
      Niko Kranjcar set to leave Portsmouth
      Portsmouth are ready to sell Niko Kranjcar if a club will meet their £8 million asking price.

The 25-year-old Croatia international is in the last year of his contract and has already stated his desire to leave Fratton Park once it expires.

Manager Paul Hart is keen to use the money from Kranjcar’s sale to bolster his depleted squad.

Tottenham, Everton and Stoke have all made tentative enquiries but there has been no firm offers tabled.

There was better news for Pompey fans last night though as the take-over of the club fronted by chief executive Peter Storrie neared completion.

Storrie was forced to take decisive action after the proposed purchase of the club by Sulaiman Al Fahim collapsed when he couldn’t raise the necessary funds to take control.

Storrie will be re-appointed chairman once the deal goes through and contrary to claim Al Fahim will not be one of the investors involved.

Storrie said last night: “The investor is from the middle-east but it’s an individual from a family and not a consortium.

“We have attempted to do this deal in record time and hope to make an official announcement next week.

“My main priority was to safeguard the future of the club and ensure we returned to a sound financial footing.

“I have barely slept for the last week. I have been involved with lawyers and consultants around the clock.

“But I am confident the hard work from all sides will bring about very positive news for the club.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Niko-Kranjcar-set-to-leave-Portsmouth-article127121.html
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,459 posts | 2852 
      Reply #53: Aug 23, 2009 12:05:37 pm
      I'd love him here.
      cufta0705
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #54: Aug 23, 2009 09:48:22 pm
      Fantastic player...perfect for us...left winger, small price...Year ago the price was 17 million  €...it will be a great signing
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009 07:21:27 am by ayrton77, Reason: Don\'t post in red please »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #55: Aug 24, 2009 11:00:59 am
      Good player and at 8m, thats a steal at the prices these days.

Could play either left or central so be a great signing for us.
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #56: Aug 24, 2009 03:26:26 pm
      Good player and at 8m, thats a steal at the prices these days.

Could play either left or central so be a great signing for us.

I concur
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #57: Aug 24, 2009 03:28:27 pm
      I agree. It's a steal at 8 mil for the inflated prices these days.

Puts in pretty decent crosses as well.
      Daz_La_Mon
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #58: Aug 24, 2009 03:34:58 pm
      I've been thinking this for ages. He's an extremely gifted player, and greatly underrated IMO. I'm surprised Man City havent tried buying as they've tried to buy everyone else.
      REDDUB
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #59: Aug 29, 2009 02:43:02 am
      Yes Please!! I think that Kranjcar is class and no disrespect to Pompey I think that he would be even better with better players around him.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #60: Aug 29, 2009 09:36:50 am
      we dont have 8 million
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,281 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #61: Aug 29, 2009 01:14:22 pm
      Depresing isn't it
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #62: Aug 29, 2009 11:52:58 pm
      IMO, i think we'll go for him on a pre-contract in January.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #63: Aug 30, 2009 05:02:39 pm
      how do you know ?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Aug 30, 2009 05:35:14 pm
      He would be a good signing, he can play on the right or left of midfield or even through the middle. I think he'd do a good job for us. He is good at setpieces and is a good crosser. Watching him against City today he looked like he was a class above any other Portsmouth player but then I suppose that is not hard.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #65: Aug 30, 2009 05:41:30 pm
      would love to see him with a Liverbird upon his chest, but doubt we will seee any signings certainly for now
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Aug 30, 2009 05:46:15 pm
      Might be in our price range next summer when he is free :)
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #67: Aug 30, 2009 08:47:18 pm
      Now that Pompey have got new owners .It seems highly unlikely he will join us
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #68: Aug 31, 2009 04:30:12 am
      Yeh but they're terrible Pompey at the moment so I think he would join Liverpool ahead of a struggling Pompey team
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #69: Aug 31, 2009 07:17:01 pm
      He is close to signing for f'cking Spurs. It is a sad day when we can't even come up with 6 or 7 million to sign this lad. Spurs don't even need him. Spurs blow us out of the water when it comes to net spending it is a f'cking joke don't know how we expect Rafa to compete. This lad would have being an excellant signing for us. If we don't get the owners out this season we are f'cked.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #70: Aug 31, 2009 07:40:29 pm
      He is close to signing for f'cking Spurs. It is a sad day when we can't even come up with 6 or 7 million to sign this lad. Spurs don't even need him. Spurs blow us out of the water when it comes to net spending it is a f'cking joke don't know how we expect Rafa to compete. This lad would have being an excellant signing for us. If we don't get the owners out this season we are f'cked.

another sad fact Corbally
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #71: Aug 31, 2009 08:48:14 pm
      Spurs close on Kranjcar

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5528972,00.html

F*ckin yankee tw*ts, they don't care about our club,
      on the other hand -have we really been linked to the player, does Rafa rate him to bring him
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #72: Aug 31, 2009 09:10:34 pm
      Maybe Rafa have someone else in mind. Silva, VDV...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #73: Aug 31, 2009 09:12:06 pm
      Smart move by spurs. He will cover Modric

We look like were behind even Sunderland and the likes at the moment in terms of ability to sign players. How sad is that
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Aug 31, 2009 09:16:01 pm
      Smart move by spurs. He will cover Modric

We look like were behind even Sunderland and the likes at the moment in terms of ability to sign players. How sad is that

Not really seeing as we've spent £20 million on Aquilani (albeit not straight up) and £18 million for Johnson. Sunderland have been purchasing players on fairly cheap deals.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #75: Aug 31, 2009 09:19:23 pm
      Not really seeing as we've spent £20 million on Aquilani (albeit not straight up) and £18 million for Johnson. Sunderland have been purchasing players on fairly cheap deals.

Dont make me do the sums  :laugh:
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #76: Aug 31, 2009 09:26:14 pm
      Seriously doubt we could sign nipples in a wet t-shirt contest right now!
      Hate to say it, but looks like any talk of transfer dealings (at least inward coming), even for the January window might be more than presumptuous.
      To my mind Niko isn't coming, and sad as it is, our Americans and their financial shenanigans have everything to do with it!
      The club is going through tough times right now, and boy would I like to wake up tomorrow to find that two Americans owning the greatest team ever known to mankind was just a dream, a really dreadful, horrid, filthy nightmare of a dream...ah, but wait a minute...I can see the Arabs approaching in the distance to sign on decent players such as Krancjar. Off I go to enjoy this state of grace for as long as I possibly can...
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #77: Sep 01, 2009 02:59:28 am
      Spurs close on Kranjcar
      Croatian set for Redknapp reunion
      Sky Sports Sources understand Tottenham are closing in on the signing of Portsmouth star Niko Kranjcar.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has lined up a move for Kranjcar as a replacement for injured Croatian compatriot Luka Modric.

Modric faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering a broken leg against Birmingham on Saturday and Redknapp has moved quickly to fill the void by targeting Kranjcar.

Kranjcar's future has been the subject of constant speculation all summer with the player unhappy about the number of big-name departures at Fratton Park.

Redknapp knows all about Kranjcar having worked with him during his time in charge of Portsmouth and it appears he is set to be reunited with the classy midfielder.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #78: Sep 01, 2009 03:09:54 am
      How can we lose out to spurs ? I really wanted him to sign for us as well :(
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #79: Sep 01, 2009 03:31:00 am
      F**k, Tottenham have more money to spend than us. What the F**k is going on? :mad:
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #80: Sep 01, 2009 03:58:07 am
      FFS if this is it then I think our summer spending is over.

Prove me wrong, Rafa!
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #81: Sep 01, 2009 08:36:59 am
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #82: Sep 01, 2009 09:05:33 am
      Rafa has no money he said so himself.and also mentioned it again at the weekend.end of.
      Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #83: Sep 01, 2009 10:10:22 am
      according to sources he is going to Tottenham what i have read Toffeeesssss tried and failed as normal to hijack deal
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #84: Sep 01, 2009 11:13:21 am
      Passed a medical at Spurs. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5529765,00.html
      Closing (and cursing yanks) time.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #85: Sep 01, 2009 11:16:58 am
      Two and a half F***ing million! We can't even muster two and a half F***ing million?! F**k this for a game of soldiers.
      footix2
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #86: Sep 01, 2009 11:19:57 am
      Something seriously wrong when we can't stop up 2.5m for someone like Krancjar
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #87: Sep 01, 2009 11:24:19 am
      This transfer sums up the clubs posistion at the moment........fu**ed  :mad:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #88: Sep 01, 2009 11:45:09 am
      2.5 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are F***ing joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam: :f_steam:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #89: Sep 01, 2009 12:02:35 pm
      £2.5 million? I'd be laughing if I weren't banging my head through the wall with frustration.

Locked.

Quick Reply