Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Our American owners and lack of transfer money

Read 20310 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Our American owners and lack of transfer money
      Reply #184: Sep 02, 2009 12:19:37 pm
      So the only way to get them out is to kill them ?  

Thats a bit extreme, I don't know if my hate of them extends that far :D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #185: Sep 02, 2009 12:24:10 pm
      Surely they'd just sack him then, unless they're unwilling to pay him the compo they'd have to. But again they wouldn't of offered him new deal after new deal after new deal last season. If they wanted rid that badly they'd of let his contract run down, surely?

Like i said earlier DLS, only a fear, i suppose.

I guess it would be easier to sack him if he 'failed' - hence 'setting him up to fail'. As for offering Rafa deal after deal last year: my guess is that with Rafa at the helm not only would the fans be appeased but any prospective buyers would have been happier. They had to be seen to be taking in to consideration our feelings.

As for the £25m 'pay off' - i'm not so sure what is meant here. Is the £25m a compensation payment to be made to the club, should Rafa be 'head-hunted' by another club? I can't see it being a pay-off for being sacked.

Being sacked for 'under preforming' is a sh*t load different from being sacked because the owners hate him. One would leave no room for compo' the other could lead to a claim (unfair dismissal or redundancy). Therein lies my fears. I'm probably just being a tad paranoid tho' - doing a robbyr if you like.  ;D
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #186: Sep 02, 2009 12:34:28 pm
      Thats a bit extreme, I don't know if my hate of them extends that far :D

Me neither...it was a tongue in the cheek joke like ! ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #187: Sep 02, 2009 12:36:26 pm
       I said in a previous post they regard LFC as an asset and any stockmarket player does not dispose of such a commodity when the market is in decline or on its arse. Things are rumoured to be moving in a positive direction with the worlds money markets and if that momentum is maintained the clubs finances will improve dramatically.
      As sure as night follows day when we inch out of the present financial turmoil and return to a more stable fiscal situation LFC is more than equipped to retain it's position as a leading club in the scheme of things........but more importantly the Americans will be more than eager to cash in and get the F**k out of it and there will be takers!
      tbone19011981
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #188: Sep 02, 2009 01:19:22 pm
      I said in a previous post they regard LFC as an asset and any stockmarket player does not dispose of such a commodity when the market is in decline or on its arse. Things are rumoured to be moving in a positive direction with the worlds money markets and if that momentum is maintained the clubs finances will improve dramatically.
      As sure as night follows day when we inch out of the present financial turmoil and return to a more stable fiscal situation LFC is more than equipped to retain it's position as a leading club in the scheme of things........but more importantly the Americans will be more than eager to cash in and get the F**k out of it and there will be takers!

The first step has already been taken with Gillette selling one of his clubs. Like I said in a previous post, they are having to pay back the loans in the near future and know the building of the ground in nearly impossible. I will be supprised if they are still in charge of the club at the start of the January transfer window.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #189: Sep 02, 2009 06:15:02 pm
      It makes no sense them getting off in the near future and the prospect of which would not be of benefit to the club, the only situation I could see where this could happen was if the club went into administration or was sold at a knock down price, the first scenario is unthinkable but manageable and the second unlikely because the owners would do everything in their power to prevent this.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #190: Sep 02, 2009 06:42:52 pm
      What money, they seem to be under the illusion that they have given the club 20 mill, only thing is, they are playing by the American sport rule. When you sign a player the money paid is money to that player, their outlook to tranfers are completly different to the one's here, this suits them at the moment and maybe soon it will suit them to do it our way. They will shift and change as and if it suits them to do so.

Just do one and F**k of back to America....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #191: Sep 02, 2009 07:33:52 pm
      I would hazard a guess that in the 3 seasons under the yanks Rafa's nett spend would be no more then 10 million tops.

Thats money spent - money made. How he does the job he does Ill never know
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #192: Sep 02, 2009 09:49:28 pm
      I would hazard a guess that in the 3 seasons under the yanks Rafa's nett spend would be no more then 10 million tops.

it's got to be about right Brian and thats further proof of his footballing genius, the top teams in Europe must be F***ing amazed that he's still here and don't doubt it they'd have him tomorrow, i hope those fuckwits in the US know what they're doing.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #193: Sep 02, 2009 09:52:22 pm

Which then goes to show how much of an achievement our finish last season was, and thus underlines how good of a manager Rafa really is. But, we can't keep up sustained success over a number of years with this kind of paltry help from the tw*ts in charge. Something needs to change, now.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #194: Sep 02, 2009 09:53:22 pm
      Ok so even if we believe Purslow's comments( and I think it's the usual PR sh*te), why was Rafa not allowed to spend all the £30 million from the sale of Xabi?So not only are they manipulating our "Capital" transfer budget when players salaries are usually paid from club revenue sources, but they're also using Rafa's negotiating skills to earn money which is sidled off into the coffers of Kop Holdings.We've been shafted on two fronts by these gobsh*tes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #195: Oct 07, 2009 10:25:46 am
      Listen lads, there's something a lot more sinister afoot with the Yanks at the moment. These two are F***ing multi millionaires and are savvy as F**k.

Do you, honestly, believe that they don't realise that building a new stadium and investing in players would lead to success? To my mind they know exactly what they're doing and, at this point in time, what they're doing (ably abetted by their bi*ch Purslow) is trying to make Rafa's position untenable. They don't like him and they're trying to force him out.

By limiting his spending they are, quite simply, setting him up to fail.

Story in the Mail today of the manager to be given a £12mill transfer kitty to rescue the teams fortunes in January - JANUARY FOR FUCKS SAKE it now seems these pricks have lost it with understanding calender readings and as the post above points out what can he do with 12mill faced with a major signing he might as well wave a cheque in the air show his arse and see where it gets him. That makes as much sense as offering Rafa that ridiculous amount of money on the understanding that success will follow???  You couldn't make it up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #196: Oct 07, 2009 10:54:19 am
      £12M.

Woo.

Wonder if we can get David Villa's right foot and graft it on to Voronin.

These are truly exciting times we are living in.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #197: Oct 07, 2009 10:56:22 am
      £12M. Great. Suppose it's better than nothing though, which was what I was expecting.

Hopefully Rafa has a card up his sleeve.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #198: Oct 07, 2009 10:59:53 am
      Yes 30million was the figure touted last summer the amount we got from the owners was a big fat 0. So I am guessing by the time Januray comes applying the economic model in place at this club, we will be lucky not to have to sell  a few more fringe players to make loan repayments.

Truly good times JD.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #199: Oct 07, 2009 11:03:09 am
      12 m + flog Babel + Voronin + Riera, think i'd take that at the moment if we could bring in some one of real quality
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #200: Oct 07, 2009 11:24:38 am
      12 m + flog Babel + Voronin + Riera, think i'd take that at the moment if we could bring in some one of real quality

If we see that money, though. If we do then i would have to agree but maybe keep hold of Voronin and sell the more valuable players, just for that bit of depth.

And January? Great, whe most quality players are cup tied for Europe (if we even make it...psyche!).
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #201: Oct 07, 2009 11:27:10 am
      A certain Mr Silva or Mr Villa wouldn't be, well one or the other as that new ruling would mean only one player who had played in the europa  league could be registered for the champions league no ?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #202: Oct 07, 2009 12:01:21 pm
      I know the ruling (probably and old one) said that as long as they have not feature in any Champions League games, they are eligible to?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #203: Oct 07, 2009 12:08:09 pm
      Thats the one. But who's to say we even have enough for Silva/Villa? Its January, prices are inflated at this stage - especially for big name players.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #204: Oct 07, 2009 12:09:29 pm
      I'm certainly not counting on any big signing coming in.

It would be very welcome, but I have to say with the current state of affairs the club is in, I'd just settle for not offloading any of our important players. ::)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #205: Oct 07, 2009 12:12:56 pm
      Same, at the moment, I'd go for like for like. Like for example, Riera for Silva :P. Then I'll prefer to have strenght in depth.

I don't know why Peter Crouch didn't want to stay with us as he isn't a starter for Spurs, is he?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #206: Oct 07, 2009 12:32:45 pm
      He is being given £12 million big f'cking wow, what top class player that we need can we buy with that, where is the sponsorship money??, I picked this list up on a post on tia thought it is very interesting

Players in
      Javier Mascherano:£18m
      Lucas Leiva £5m
      Mikel San José Domínguez £270,000
      Sebastian Leto £1.8m
      Fernando Torres £20.2m
      Andriy Voronin Free
      Yossi Benayoun £5m
      Ryan Babel £11,500,000
      Charles Itandje Undisclosed
      Emiliano Insúa £1.3m
      Martin Skrtel £6.5m
      Philipp Degen Free
      Andrea Dossena £7m
      Diego Cavalieri £3.5m
      David N’gog £1.5m
      Robbie Keane £19m
      Albert Riera £8m
      Glen Johnson £17.5m
      Alberto Aquilani £17.1m
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos £2m
      Daniel Ayala Undisclosed
      SPENT: £135.1million

Players Out
      Florent S.-Pongolle £2.7m
      Danny O’ Donnell £100,000
      Jerzy Dudek Free
      Boudewijn Zenden Free
      Robbie Fowler Free
      Luis Garcia £4m
      Djibril Cissé £6m
      Craig Bellamy £7.5m
      Mark Gonzalez £3.5m
      Gabriel Paletta £1.2m
      James Smith Free
      Mohamed Sissoko £8.2m
      Lee Peltier Free
      John Arne Riise £4m
      Harry Kewell Free
      Anthony Le Tallec Undisclosed
      Peter Crouch £11m
      Danny Guthrie £2.25m
      Scott Carson £3.25m
      Steve Finnan Undisclosed
      Robbie Keane £16m
      Jack Hobbs Undisclosed
      Paul Anderson £250,000
      Jermaine Pennant Free
      Miki Roque Free
      Sebastian Leto £3m
      Álvaro Arbeloa £3.5m
      Xabi Alonso £30m

SOLD: £106.5m

NET SPEND IN HICKS & GILLETT’S REIGN: £28.6m

Kinda makes sh#t of all the rubbish we are being told by our owners, so we have spent around £29 million since they have being here that really is digraceful stuff, they have to go now.

Quick Reply