Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match today?

Pepe Reina
      (58.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (1.1%)
      Lucas
      (6.2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (16.9%)
      Emiliano Insua
      (1.7%)
      Yossi Benayoun
      (15.3%)

Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Anger

Read 37172 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: Tottenham 2 - 1 Liverpool: Post Match Anger
      Reply #276: Aug 16, 2009 11:43:04 pm
      Quote from: gareth g on Today at 06:04:20 PM
      Mist the first half were we that bad ?

Gareth, the BS were probally better, we were bad. Mainly I feel because, we were getting alot of kicks and knocks, and generally not passing to each other, on defending we had no width, so they ruled the wings. If it was not for Pepe, they could have had 3.

worst spelling of all time gareth g
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #277: Aug 16, 2009 11:46:38 pm
      Quote from: gareth g on Today at 06:04:20 PM
      Mist the first half were we that bad ?

Gareth, the BS were probally better, we were bad. Mainly I feel because, we were getting alot of kicks and knocks, and generally not passing to each other, on defending we had no width, so they ruled the wings. If it was not for Pepe, they could have had 3.

worst spelling of all time gareth g

Haha I wish there was mist over that first half.  It was very poor now.

And robbyr pointing out typos...what is the world coming to? :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #278: Aug 16, 2009 11:48:17 pm

LIVERPOOL

Jose Reina - 7.0 - Produced a wonder save to deny Keane from close range, then again moments later, but was helpless to stop Assou-Ekotto’s piledriver flying into his top corner. Made another flying save from Palacios in the second period, but was left exposed by his defenders at Bassong's clincher.

Glen Johnson - 7.0 - The £18m purchase was bought for his attacking ability as much as his defensive qualities, and his marauding run through Spurs' defence prompted Gomes to bring him down and win his side a valuable penalty.

Jamie Carragher - 5.5 - Played with a huge bandage protecting staples in a gash on his head, and seemed affected by the blow as Keane was given time and space in the area on three separate occasions. Let Bassong escape him for the winning goal.

Martin Skrtel - 5.5 - Struggled following clash of heads with partner Carragher, and struggled to keep tabs on the movement of Defoe and Keane afterwards. Eventually had to be replaced due to the knock he received, and it was an afternoon to forget for the Slovakian.

Emiliano Insua - 6.0 - Given the nod at left-back and dealt reasonably well with the threat of Lennon, but his delivery in the final third on his rare forays forward were not of sufficient quality.

Javier Mascherano - 6.5 - An extremely difficult afternoon for the Argentine, who found it tough get the better of Palacios in the centre of the pitch. He could not exert his influence on the match as he would have liked.

Lucas - 5.0 - Given the unenviable role of replacing Xabi Alonso in Liverpool's engine room, and was completely anonymous as the Reds were dominated in central midfield. Offered little as an offensive threat, and could not get the better of the impressive Palacios.

Dirk Kuyt - 5.5 - The Dutchman has warmed to his switch from striker to right winger, but for all his enterprise he struggled to provide any kind of service to Torres, and rarely managed to infiltrate the Spurs back-line.

Steven Gerrard - 6.5 - Not at his vibrant best, although may not be fully fit, but remained the only Liverpool player who appeared dangerous in the final third. Coolly slotted home the penalty that brought his side level, but will be hugely disappointed at an opening day defeat.

Ryan Babel - 5.5 - Surely this must be the season for Babel to come to prominence, but it was another inadequate performance from the Dutchman. Rarely drove at Corluka, who is not a natural full-back, and was unsurprisingly hooked by Benitez just after the hour mark.

Fernando Torres - 6.0 - The Spaniard was starved of service all afternoon, and got little change out of the impressive King and Bassong partnership. Cut a lonely figure as Gerrard dropped deeper to gain possession, and was isolatd by his teammates inability to provide him with any kind of decent chances on goal.

Substitutes

Yossi Benayoun - 5.0 - Looked infinitely more dangerous during his short period on the pitch that Babel, and slipped a superb pass through to Voronin that should have resulted in a penalty being awarded.

Andriy Voronin - 5.0 - May be his last match for Liverpool is reports are to be believed, but was denied a certain penalty kick in the closing stages after he was clearly fouled as he looked to shoot.

Daniel Ayala - N/A

Saw these rating on Liverpool newsnow - yahoo what do people think, I think they are a fair assessment.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #279: Aug 16, 2009 11:51:37 pm
      Well the first thing i saw was Benayoun 5.0 surely he deserves a better rating than that. He played better than the other so called 5.0 players (Lucas, Voronin)
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #280: Aug 16, 2009 11:51:53 pm
      Well that was dreadful!!
      I think the points have been made already but i'm going to reiterate them anyway because I'm so annoyed.
      1. Babel was terrible. Really not good enough. If it had been anyone else they would have been hauled off at half time, but I reckon Rafa's thinking was that that would ruin his confidence. He is now a hindrance rather than any sort of asset.
      2. Why people are still slagging off Lucas I do not know!!
      3. Why did Carra headbutt Skrtel?
      4. We desperately need cover up front.
      5. We missed/will continue to miss Alonso far too much.
      6. Finally I don't think moving gerrard back is the answer to any of our problems. I really don't want to see him sitting deep, its a waste.
      O and one more thing all those moaning about torres..... does nobody watch him? he has games like that a lot. And then he'll do one bit of magic and he's turned the game. Thats how he plays!!! He goes to ground and gets battered and moans about it. But so what, he's going to bag 30+ goals this season!

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #281: Aug 16, 2009 11:54:03 pm
      Bit unfair to have Lucas as our worst starting player as I thought there were a few worse than Lucas....Babel, Torres and Masch come to mind.  But apart from that, pretty much agree.  To me, Reina and Johnson were our best players by far.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #282: Aug 16, 2009 11:54:08 pm
      Well the first thing i saw was Benayoun 5.0 surely he deserves a better rating than that. He played better than the other so called 5.0 players (Lucas, Voronin)

Lets not attack Lucas, you really should have whacked in Nando there alongside Voro. How can Benny have 5.5 and Torres have 6, he did sh*t all, looked weak and was indecisive on the ball. Not his usual self.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6965 
      Reply #283: Aug 16, 2009 11:55:51 pm
      For all the sadists amongst you the game is on again on LFC.TV (Sky 434) in about 5 minutes.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #284: Aug 16, 2009 11:56:31 pm
      Very fair I'd say - good news if there's a chance we could be selling Veronin he's rubbish (polite view) Come on Red men - next up Stoke!!!! :)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #285: Aug 16, 2009 11:58:53 pm
      Lets not attack Lucas, you really should have whacked in Nando there alongside Voro. How can Benny have 5.5 and Torres have 6, he did sh*t all, looked weak and was indecisive on the ball. Not his usual self.
      That's why i said so called as i didn't feel that him or Voronin deserved it how can they say Lucas was the poorest player ahead of Babel it is beyond me.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #286: Aug 17, 2009 12:05:45 am
      I think they are a fair assessment.

Are you sure you don't wanna have another read over them?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #287: Aug 17, 2009 12:07:45 am
      IMO thought Lucas did o.k.But he is not Alonso.Again Yossi should have started.Aquillani need's to be the man or we are F**ked.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #288: Aug 17, 2009 12:08:47 am
      Gerrard cooly slotted home the penalty did he? I thought he belted down the middle.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,440 posts | 2841 
      Reply #289: Aug 17, 2009 12:13:30 am
      Yawn.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #290: Aug 17, 2009 12:13:38 am
      i thought this was a fair result for you scouse tw*ts

And your avatar is a former Arsenal player you soft c**t. Good excuse of a F***ing Spurs fan eh knobhead.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #291: Aug 17, 2009 12:19:41 am
      F*ck off you pr**k.Its your cup final day.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #292: Aug 17, 2009 12:21:37 am
      F*ck off you pr**k.Its your cup final day.

That's when they come to Anfield. It's not often these poor southern cu*ts get to visit a ground with a trophy cabinet filled with trophies rather than dust, so they make the most of it.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #293: Aug 17, 2009 12:25:32 am
      We'll said big man.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #294: Aug 17, 2009 12:25:44 am
      Corballyred a fan of Lucas as always. 5.0 rating for him is pathetic. He wasn't our best, no were near that bad, catch a grip ffs
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #295: Aug 17, 2009 12:27:40 am
      Corballyred a fan of Lucas as always. 5.0 rating for him is pathetic. He wasn't our best, no were near that bad, catch a grip ffs

Those ratings came from aother website, talkaloadofbull.com I think.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #296: Aug 17, 2009 12:28:48 am
      Catch a grip isn't the saying get a grip.

And it came from yahoo he said.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #297: Aug 17, 2009 12:31:51 am
      Catch a grip isn't the saying get a grip.

And it came from yahoo he said.

It's the same thing mate... Get a grip will you ;)  :f_tongueincheek:
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #298: Aug 17, 2009 12:42:49 am
      I know i'm new,and i'm as frustated as the next man.Ive been watching us since 86 as the name suggest's.
      Let's get on lad's.

Quick Reply